Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10145&st=180 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:52:24 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

38 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Did Linda Buy The Pregnancy Test Kit?, Spin off from the “Thompson Respond to Abrahamsen” thread.
Why did Linda Buy the Pregnancy Test Kit?
Let’s document all the theories we have read here and take a vote.
It was an innocent practical joke on Danny. Come on Danny get with it, lighten up, have a little fun. Theorist, Johann and Watchbird [ 17 ] ** [34.00%]
Linda really thought she could have been pregnant. Hey, after all that sterilization stuff does not always work. Theorist, Summertime. [ 1 ] ** [2.00%]
Linda did it to spite Danny. Man got no business going through my stuff. Theorist, Panama Pete [ 8 ] ** [16.00%]
Hey, Danny planted it. I know Danny, this sounds like him. He is such an evil, wicked man. Theorist, I don’t remember and too lazy to go back through the post and look it up. [ 10 ] ** [20.00%]
I really don't care [ 14 ] ** [28.00%]
Total Votes: 50
Guests cannot vote 
PeacefulBe
post Feb 15 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #181

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Feb 15 2007, 12:59 PM) [snapback]178521[/snapback]

I am not off topic, Linda claimed in her letter that she was in love with Danny. And she was 100% faithful...so I would like to hear her explanation of the test.

Uncle Sam, I can see your logic but I also see that asking this question here, like Calvin states, would be hijacking the thread.

What I would suggest since Linda's letter clearly states that she doesn't visit the chat rooms and, therefore, you cannot realistically expect her to answer this question here, it might be best to go to her web site and email her. When you get your answer, please share it with the rest of us (over in the pregnancy test thread).

PB

moved from another thread....

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 15 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #182

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

Watchbird and PB why don't you go answer Uncle Sam in the appropriate thread so he can answer you too?

Off topic discussion is never caused by just one...

Observer, I just read your really long multiple replies to me ... blink.gif

have you ever heard of the KISS principle? as in Keep it simple silly?

I'll get back to you, with a simple rebuttal.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Feb 15 2007, 02:26 PM

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Feb 15 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #183

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

I read the new letter from Linda. She states that she loved Danny so much, than why the pregnancy test? I know it was said to be a practical joke, etc. But why would she not think it would set him off? On the other hand if she thought she was pregnant why would she not take the test somewhere else? The test just doesn't make sense for either side....

I am not on either side just trying to see how all of the pieces fit together....

BTW I have emailed Linda to ask her the same, she hasn't had time to respond, but hopefully she will.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 15 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #184

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Feb 15 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]178532[/snapback]

I read the new letter from Linda. She states that she loved Danny so much, than why the pregnancy test? I know it was said to be a practical joke, etc. But why would she not think it would set him off? On the other hand if she thought she was pregnant why would she not take the test somewhere else? The test just doesn't make sense for either side....

I am not on either side just trying to see how all of the pieces fit together....

BTW I have emailed Linda to ask her the same, she hasn't had time to respond, but hopefully she will.

I find it very difficult to believe that you have gone through all of the other threads where this has been discussed at length. This thread which is called a "poll" was AFTER the threads in which the subject had been discussed in great detail.

If you are really wanting to see how the pieces all fit together, then your first task is to find and examine all of the "pieces"... rather than asking others to regurgitate and reproduce the pieces that have already been discussed from a myriad of perspectives and angles.

They are here! But very few of them are in this thread. Go and look for them.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 25 2007, 07:27 PM
Post #185

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

I have just received an email sent by Linda from her daughter's email account on May 6, 2004. It appears to document before the fact the idea that the pregnancy test was intended to be a joke. The fact that she used her daughter's email account suggests that her daughter was indeed in on the prank.

It is said that in divorces both sides are always wrong in some way. Linda erred in pulling such a stupid prank. I think she'll admit that freely.

One troubling detail that I would like to get Danny or his aliases/comrades to comment on is that she claims that when Danny pawed through the sack and found the kit (maybe it never got hidden in the car as originally planned), they both laughed. She took that to mean that Danny understood it to be a joke. Comments?

QUOTE(Linda Shelton @ Thu, 6 May 2004 17:21:55 -0700 (PDT))

Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 17:21:55 -0700 (PDT)
To: [Dr. Arild Abrahamsen]

You know how Dan has been searching my car? I've got a little surprise for him. But I wanted to warn you that a brand new rumor may very well make its way to Norway. Tomorrow he's going to find a carefully hidden pregnancy test in it. My only regret is that I won't be there to see his face. Do you think it will be worth the rumors?? I think so!!

LS

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Feb 25 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #186

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 25 2007, 09:27 PM) [snapback]180634[/snapback]

I have just received an email sent by Linda from her daughter's email account on May 6, 2004. It appears to document before the fact the idea that the pregnancy test was intended to be a joke. The fact that she used her daughter's email account suggests that her daughter was indeed in on the prank.

It is said that in divorces both sides are always wrong in some way. Linda erred in pulling such a stupid prank. I think she'll admit that freely.

One troubling detail that I would like to get Danny or his aliases/comrades to comment on is that she claims that when Danny pawed through the sack and found the kit (maybe it never got hidden in the car as originally planned), they both laughed. She took that to mean that Danny understood it to be a joke. Comments?

Bob,

You have avoided this quesion. Can you take a moment and head HERE and answer the question you were presened with?

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 25 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #187

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 26 2007, 05:50 AM) [snapback]180652[/snapback]

Bob,

You have avoided this quesion. Can you take a moment and head HERE and answer the question you were presened with?

- FHB

Now the Dannscribes are desperate. What is the question?

I can confirm the information given, because I also knew of their shopping trip and what they bought before Danny discovered it.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Feb 25 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #188

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 25 2007, 11:58 PM) [snapback]180653[/snapback]

Now the Dannscribes are desperate. What is the question?

I can confirm the information given, because I also knew of their shopping trip and what they bought before Danny discovered it.

Johann,

Click the word HERE. Simply as that.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 25 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #189

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 25 2007, 07:27 PM) [snapback]180634[/snapback]

Right, right, It all makes sense now. He was already suspecting that she was having an affair...then he finds, what appears to be, a hidden pregnancy test. Yes,yes, I bet he absolutely doubled over with laughter. What a funny joke. blink.gif When he found it "they both laughed" which would imply they were together. Why would he be "pawing" through her things right in front of her. I believe somewhere she had said that she wasn't in the same room which was why he was "pawing" through her things.

The email submitted between Linda and the Doctor only goes against her. Who sends an email of a somewhat "intimate" nature to a physician that you have a strictly professional relationship with? At the very least, she is telling him about a haha joke she is going to play on her husband while at the same time, the doctor knows it is "he" who is the suspect. Yes , that is all hilarious. no.gif Makes total sense thumbdown.gif

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 26 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #190

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 26 2007, 06:05 AM) [snapback]180655[/snapback]

Johann,

Click the word HERE. Simply as that.

- FHB

I did and lo and behold there I found nothing relevant to this!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Ex3ABNViewer
post Feb 26 2007, 04:58 AM
Post #191

Member No.: 2,913

This email if it is true makes me sad. It shows the spirit of what Linda was trying to do and she knew the trouble, "rumors", it would bring. It does not sound like she was acting in a Christian way which is what her defenders say she has maintained taking the higher road in all of this. After reading this it is easy for me to now see how she could taunt Danny as has been posted by his defenders. It is all so sad to me that this seems to be her true character.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 26 2007, 05:28 AM
Post #192

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Ex3ABNViewer @ Feb 26 2007, 03:58 AM) [snapback]180699[/snapback]

This email if it is true makes me sad. It shows the spirit of what Linda was trying to do and she knew the trouble, "rumors", it would bring. It does not sound like she was acting in a Christian way which is what her defenders say she has maintained taking the higher road in all of this. After reading this it is easy for me to now see how she could taunt Danny as has been posted by his defenders. It is all so sad to me that this seems to be her true character.

Linda's defenders have never claimed that she was perfect.

The central issues here, as we see them are:

1) Did Linda give Danny Biblical reasons to divorce her, as understood by the typical conservative SDA follower of 3-ABN? For that person, Biblical reasons are physical adultery. For us, that answer is "NO she did not."

2) The manner in which Danny and 3-ABN treated Linda following the divorce.

Folks, these two issues are still ongoing. They are the reasons that we are still at this point of impasse. If Danny and 3-ABN had simply allowed Linda to ride quietly off into the sunset, we would likely not be at the place where we are today.

It should be noted that is seems to me to be the goal of 3-ABN supporters to take the focus off of the central issues, and to focus on much more minor issues. Find some event in which one can charge that Linda responded in a less than perfect way. Place the focus on that, and people will either forget the main charges, or will doubt them.

That is exactly how lawyers conduct cross-examinations. They attempt to generate doubt in some minor issue in the testimony. By doing so they can transfer that doubt to the main issue even when they can not mount a challenge directly to it.

As to the pregnancy test: If Linda had it to do over again, if she could have foreseen the consequences, I do not believe that this would have developed as it has. All of us have probably, under great stress, done something that we later came to realize was dumb, and we really did not realize fully the consequences of our actions.

As has been pointed out there are several good reasons for the purchase of that pregnancy test:

1) It could have been for someone else.

2) People (Danny) who have been "fixed" do have the "fix" go bad and father children. Linda was still living with Danny at the time. She may have needed to check to see if Danny was on the way to becoming a Father.

After everything has been said. One still might say that Linda demonstrated her humanity, and her lack of perfection in the development of this issue. To that I will say: Focus on the central issues. Linda has never been claimed by us to be perfect.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 26 2007, 06:44 AM
Post #193

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Being stupid is not the same as being guilty. I think we've all done stupid and dumb things as jokes or for other innocent reasons only to have them blow up in our faces. Hindsight is 20 20 as they say. Lets not let this be the ultimate red herring.

Richard

+Quote Post
lurker
post Feb 26 2007, 07:19 AM
Post #194

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

If I were in Linda's place at the time, and still cared for my husband; If I felt that he was behaving ridiculously suspicious and felt that he could be teased about his behavior and shown how silly it was; If we had joked about various things in the past and had been able to see the absurdity of some of the situations we had found ourselves in and laughed about them, I might have done it too.

In my eyes, his jealousy would either have kept escalating or he would have had to realize that it was unreasonable and bizzare. Do you meet the preposturous with an outlandish joke? Maybe if you are hoping he will come back down to earth and resume normal thinking. Maybe if you love him and feel that he still loves you too.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 26 2007, 09:37 AM
Post #195

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Ex3ABNViewer @ Feb 26 2007, 04:58 AM) [snapback]180699[/snapback]

not necessarily.... if you understand the context then the behavior makes more sense..... this one incident while viewed as a stupid thing to do does NOT make one an adulterer... in spite of what the dannyclones may have been programmed to believe and defend vigorously.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church