Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10145&st=195 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:52:26 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

38 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Did Linda Buy The Pregnancy Test Kit?, Spin off from the “Thompson Respond to Abrahamsen” thread.
Why did Linda Buy the Pregnancy Test Kit?
Let’s document all the theories we have read here and take a vote.
It was an innocent practical joke on Danny. Come on Danny get with it, lighten up, have a little fun. Theorist, Johann and Watchbird [ 17 ] ** [34.00%]
Linda really thought she could have been pregnant. Hey, after all that sterilization stuff does not always work. Theorist, Summertime. [ 1 ] ** [2.00%]
Linda did it to spite Danny. Man got no business going through my stuff. Theorist, Panama Pete [ 8 ] ** [16.00%]
Hey, Danny planted it. I know Danny, this sounds like him. He is such an evil, wicked man. Theorist, I don’t remember and too lazy to go back through the post and look it up. [ 10 ] ** [20.00%]
I really don't care [ 14 ] ** [28.00%]
Total Votes: 50
Guests cannot vote 
missthg
post Feb 26 2007, 09:48 AM
Post #196

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 9

the dannyclones as you call them seem to have a lifetime perscription for stuck on stupid pills....

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 26 2007, 07:37 AM) [snapback]180738[/snapback]

not necessarily.... if you understand the context then the behavior makes more sense..... this one incident while viewed as a stupid thing to do does NOT make one an adulterer... in spite of what the dannyclones may have been programmed to believe and defend vigorously.....

This post has been edited by missthg: Feb 26 2007, 09:49 AM

--------------------
life is too short to knit with ugly yarn....
www.knitfloozy.blogspot.com

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Feb 26 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #197

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,035

Being new, I haven't read all the other threads that discuss this in detail, but if it's true that Linda committed "spiritual" adultry, well...what an opportunity for a hardliner to stone the woman, per John 8, Lev 20, and Deut 22. And of course the same would go for any married man that even looks at another woman admiringly.

The way Muslim's handle this type of thing, and the way God instructed Israel to deal with marriage problems (until Christ introduced the new way).

What are we to do with a lost sheep? Yell at it, give it three chances to want to do better, then kick it while it's down, or offer it some money to stay away. And don't think about what casused that sheep to became so scared and confused.

I kind of wonder if they both wanted out at this point. Things may not have been going very good anyway, and never is when God isn't in the marriage. This may have been the opportunity to jump, with every hard argument why.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 26 2007, 10:23 AM
Post #198

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Feb 26 2007, 10:50 AM) [snapback]180743[/snapback]

Being new, I haven't read all the other threads that discuss this in detail, but if it's true that Linda committed "spiritual" adultry, well...what an opportunity for a hardliner to stone the woman, per John 8, Lev 20, and Deut 22. And of course the same would go for any married man that even looks at another woman admiringly.

The way Muslim's handle this type of thing, and the way God instructed Israel to deal with marriage problems (until Christ introduced the new way).

What are we to do with a lost sheep? Yell at it, give it three chances to want to do better, then kick it while it's down, or offer it some money to stay away. And don't think about what casused that sheep to became so scared and confused.

I kind of wonder if they both wanted out at this point. Things may not have been going very good anyway, and never is when God isn't in the marriage. This may have been the opportunity to jump, with every hard argument why.

LaurenceD, as the name of this thread says... this one was a spinoff from another thread... and it was in that one where this subject had already been discussed and cussed and discussed again until it was warn to shreds. It would probably be much more helpful if additional comments on this topic would be mostly put on that other thread... unless Clay gets in a "bonding mode" and pastes the two together. (hint... hint...) And I've now bumped that one forward so reading from it will be easier to do.

Carry on......... TVsnack.gif..............

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 26 2007, 01:44 PM
Post #199

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Ex3ABNViewer @ Feb 26 2007, 04:58 AM) [snapback]180699[/snapback]

This email if it is true makes me sad. It shows the spirit of what Linda was trying to do and she knew the trouble, "rumors", it would bring. It does not sound like she was acting in a Christian way which is what her defenders say she has maintained taking the higher road in all of this. After reading this it is easy for me to now see how she could taunt Danny as has been posted by his defenders. It is all so sad to me that this seems to be her true character.

You have true insight, which is rare on this board. To act like that they had a "good laugh" together over this is absolutely ridiculous. I believe Richard S. said something to that affect. There is nothing funny if you believe your wife or husband is cheating on you. If you are sure in your own mind, and sure you are being lied to you are filled with hurt and pain. The relationship is already strained to the max, then you find a pregnancy test, knowing you have had a vasectomy years before. They had a good Laugh together about it? I think not. I doubt they were laughing about anything at this point in time, much less something like that. A joke? I don't think so.

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 26 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #200

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 26 2007, 11:44 AM) [snapback]180787[/snapback]

You have true insight, which is rare on this board. To act like that they had a "good laugh" together over this is absolutely ridiculous. I believe Richard S. said something to that affect. There is nothing funny if you believe your wife or husband is cheating on you. If you are sure in your own mind, and sure you are being lied to you are filled with hurt and pain. The relationship is already strained to the max, then you find a pregnancy test, knowing you have had a vasectomy years before. They had a good Laugh together about it? I think not. I doubt they were laughing about anything at this point in time, much less something like that. A joke? I don't think so.

bystander,

It was a poor joke and yes unchristlike, but it also happens to be about the only thing you have on linda.

I mean the PTK does not prove that she was having an affair, it is also clear from the letter that danny was already making wild charges against her.

So if you want to charge linda with playing a joke that was unwise and even unchristlike fine.

but at least admit that this "joke" was not done in vacuum, I the tone of the letter also said in a way that strongly suggests that no affair was on going, only the charges that one was.

So again i would say that you and danny should put out the proof of the affair and but an end to Linda's "lies"

erik

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 26 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #201

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Here's some insight.... if all it takes is a pregnancy test kit for you to run off and get a divorce, you were looking for any excuse to get out of the marriage.....

Let's compare that with Joseph who found out that the person he was engaged to was pregnant and not by him....

nuff said.... how's that for insight....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 26 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #202

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 26 2007, 02:10 PM) [snapback]180795[/snapback]

Here's some insight.... if all it takes is a pregnancy test kit for you to run off and get a divorce, you were looking for any excuse to get out of the marriage.....

Let's compare that with Joseph who found out that the person he was engaged to was pregnant and not by him....

Since nowhere has it been stated that anyone got a divorce due to the discovery of a pregnancy test, I would have to say that your "insight" is somewhat lacking once again. You need to be careful, you are starting to put the "pickle spin" on things. no.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 26 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #203

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 26 2007, 02:15 PM) [snapback]180800[/snapback]

Since nowhere has it been stated that anyone got a divorce due to the discovery of a pregnancy test, I would have to say that your "insight" is somewhat lacking once again. You need to be careful, you are starting to put the "pickle spin" on things. no.gif

thank you for your response... I disagree.... have a good day....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 26 2007, 05:35 PM
Post #204

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Excellent point Clay.

Which brings up the fact that even if Linda was guilty of adultery, Danny, if he really loved her like he claimed, would have fought tooth and nail to preserve the union. Even if she had pressed him for a divorce he would have resisted, instead what happened? A quickie divorce in Guam.

Richard

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 26 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]180795[/snapback]

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 26 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #205

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 26 2007, 06:28 AM) [snapback]180704[/snapback]

Linda's defenders have never claimed that she was perfect.

The central issues here, as we see them are:

1) Did Linda give Danny Biblical reasons to divorce her, as understood by the typical conservative SDA follower of 3-ABN? For that person, Biblical reasons are physical adultery. For us, that answer is "NO she did not."

2) The manner in which Danny and 3-ABN treated Linda following the divorce.

Folks, these two issues are still ongoing. They are the reasons that we are still at this point of impasse. If Danny and 3-ABN had simply allowed Linda to ride quietly off into the sunset, we would likely not be at the place where we are today.

It should be noted that is seems to me to be the goal of 3-ABN supporters to take the focus off of the central issues, and to focus on much more minor issues. Find some event in which one can charge that Linda responded in a less than perfect way. Place the focus on that, and people will either forget the main charges, or will doubt them.

That is exactly how lawyers conduct cross-examinations. They attempt to generate doubt in some minor issue in the testimony. By doing so they can transfer that doubt to the main issue even when they can not mount a challenge directly to it.

As to the pregnancy test: If Linda had it to do over again, if she could have foreseen the consequences, I do not believe that this would have developed as it has. All of us have probably, under great stress, done something that we later came to realize was dumb, and we really did not realize fully the consequences of our actions.
As has been pointed out there are several good reasons for the purchase of that pregnancy test:

1) It could have been for someone else.

2) People (Danny) who have been "fixed" do have the "fix" go bad and father children. Linda was still living with Danny at the time. She may have needed to check to see if Danny was on the way to becoming a Father.

After everything has been said. One still might say that Linda demonstrated her humanity, and her lack of perfection in the development of this issue. To that I will say: Focus on the central issues. Linda has never been claimed by us to be perfect.

Well it's not about being less then perfect, AFAIC it's a nasty cruel joke to play on your spouse.

Here's another question, if this letter is legit.

She'd talked to the Doctor about D.S. searching her car before, why???

How did she know that? Because D.S. found something in it? Like the nice watch the Doctor had given L.S.??

Somehow I don't believe either Linda or Danny were laughing...

The fact that she was laughing with the Doctor and her husband was the butt of the joke?

Sick...

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
andithomas1
post Feb 26 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #206

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,452

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 26 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]180848[/snapback]

Well it's not about being less then perfect, AFAIC it's a nasty cruel joke to play on your spouse.

How did she know that? Because D.S. found something in it? Like the nice watch the Doctor had given L.S.??

The fact that she was laughing with the Doctor and her husband was the butt of the joke?

Sick...

Sick-No
Inappropriate-maybe
Having sex with minors-abominable

+Quote Post
gardener
post Feb 26 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #207

Member No.: 2,178

Having gone through a rather nasty divorce myself I can understand why Linda would have planted the preg test knowing that DS was pawing through all her things just looking for anything to back up his paranoid suspections. We don't always use the best descretion at times like those. Sometimes it turns into games of payback. Not always the smartest things to do but sometime irrisistable non the less.

This post has been edited by gardener: Feb 26 2007, 07:03 PM

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 26 2007, 07:09 PM
Post #208

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(andithomas1 @ Feb 26 2007, 04:10 PM) [snapback]180849[/snapback]

Sick-No
Inappropriate-maybe
Having sex with minors-abominable

great points

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 26 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #209

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 26 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]180848[/snapback]

Sick...

thank you for your response... I disagree.... the fact remains while the prank might have been in poor taste it should not have been the catalyst for him to seek a divorce.... continue to spin it, but that is a basic fact.... have a nice day....

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 26 2007, 08:59 PM
Post #210

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 26 2007, 11:37 AM) [snapback]180738[/snapback]

not necessarily.... if you understand the context then the behavior makes more sense..... this one incident while viewed as a stupid thing to do does NOT make one an adulterer... in spite of what the dannyclones may have been programmed to believe and defend vigorously.....

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 26 2007, 10:25 PM) [snapback]180867[/snapback]

....the fact remains while the prank might have been in poor taste it should not have been the catalyst for him to seek a divorce.... continue to spin it, but that is a basic fact.... have a nice day....

Dead on point....to which I place my "mini-skit" up yet again....

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 29 2006, 03:02 PM) [snapback]142355[/snapback]

He (H) - You cheatin' on my gurl?

She (S) - No baby - you know I ain't cheatin on you....

H - Yeah, I think you are cheatin on me. Where you been all day?

S - I've been at work. I work from 8 am to 5pm...and It's only 5:06pm now....

H - What you been doing since 5pm?

S - You know what....I'mma admit it. I was cheatin' for 1 minutes. Although it takes me 5 minutes to get home, we did it in one minute, I sped home and yes. I'm cheatin on you.

H - I knew it!

S - You stupid!

H - I knew it. Guess what? I've been cheatin on you too?

S - I been known you were cheatin on me.....I just haven't been cheatin on you....

H - You jes admitted it!

S - Dummy! Can you add up time....only one person in the world can do something in one minute ....you.

H - Ohhhhh. Now you're jes being mean....

S - No! I'm being truthful....I wasn't cheating on you...but you jes proved my Momma right. You only go about repeatedly accusing when you know you're dirty yourself....

H - Huh?

S - Nevermind....I gotta go pack a bag...

H - Where you going?

S - Duh! Where are you going.....

dunno.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church