Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10145&st=480 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:53:03 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

38 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 35 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Did Linda Buy The Pregnancy Test Kit?, Spin off from the “Thompson Respond to Abrahamsen” thread.
Why did Linda Buy the Pregnancy Test Kit?
Let’s document all the theories we have read here and take a vote.
It was an innocent practical joke on Danny. Come on Danny get with it, lighten up, have a little fun. Theorist, Johann and Watchbird [ 17 ] ** [34.00%]
Linda really thought she could have been pregnant. Hey, after all that sterilization stuff does not always work. Theorist, Summertime. [ 1 ] ** [2.00%]
Linda did it to spite Danny. Man got no business going through my stuff. Theorist, Panama Pete [ 8 ] ** [16.00%]
Hey, Danny planted it. I know Danny, this sounds like him. He is such an evil, wicked man. Theorist, I don’t remember and too lazy to go back through the post and look it up. [ 10 ] ** [20.00%]
I really don't care [ 14 ] ** [28.00%]
Total Votes: 50
Guests cannot vote 
watchbird
post Mar 9 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #481

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 9 2007, 01:51 PM) [snapback]184179[/snapback]

You are transparent.

Why thank you.... rofl1.gif ..... frustrating, isn't it..... yes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 9 2007, 01:33 PM
Post #482

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

BS, are you married? Do you have friends, true friends? You kwo the kind who will stick with you, do anything for you? I ask because it seems you have little understanding of marriage or friendship. You seem to forget that Linda a problem when she met the Dr., her son's drug addiction. You know parents need support, too, when dealing with these kinds of problems. If there are two parents, they generally turn to each other first, and also friends relatives, etc. But, there is an added "stress" when there is no support at home......so technically she met the Dr. with two very real issues.

Didn't Linda, and Danny, meet the Dr. when he came to 3ABN? Was Nathan then addicted to drugs, and his mother(should have been step father, too, but I digress) was looking for help for her son? She alaready had a HUGE problem when she met the Dr. One, he said he could help with, and did. Now, Ia sked this a while ago and nobody has answered. Where was Danny? Linda went to Norway, without her husband, to support her son. Upon her return home she started corresponding with the Dr. about her son. I think so far these are things we all can agree that happened.

Now, What you, DS, BS, Lee, Cindy, wwjd, 3ABN board are saying is that those phone calls wee never really about Nathan from the beginning? At some point turned from Nathan to personal, more romantic in nature? I am sincerely asking, because i want to get a good understanding of what you are saying.

And one more time. You just seem to know too many details for somebody who doesn't talk to Danny. Lost passports, who visits Linda's new place, how many trips have been made between Springfield and Norway, and by whom. Dang! you could have at least given them more than one day! Yeah, keep talkin' Let it ALL out! Must be difficult to keep all of this up. By now a trip to anywhere must look real good to you. So sad. sadwalk.gif

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 9 2007, 11:08 AM) [snapback]184191[/snapback]

On these trips to Norway, I think there is one question that can't be ignored and proves falsehoods were told regarding such. Again, LS has maintained for years, that her only contact with the doctor was professional calls concerning Nathan, end of story. Now, how does a strictly professional relationship turn into the fact that by the time they are divorced, Doc has become one of her best Friends. Johann is the one who said she had to have someone to talk to during the problems. Trouble is, "the problems" were about her "unprofessional" constant chats with the Doc and how personal it was all becoming to the point of lies being told about phone use and other contact that was made. If, as she maintained, there was no personal relationship, why did he and Johann go see her place she moved into. Then spend time together in springfield (before the divorce). And when it was time to return to Norway, Doc somehow lost his passport and stayed over an extra day while Johann went as scheduled. So, Johann was not with them the entire time as he claims. Then, after all that is called into question, the first thing she does, (dates aren't really important) is head to Norway after the divorce. The next question you should ask, if seeking truth is, since that time, how many trips has she made to Norway, and how many trips has he made to the US and springfield? You might be surprised.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 9 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #483

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 9 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]184198[/snapback]

BS, are you married? Do you have friends, true friends? You kwo the kind who will stick with you, do anything for you?

Now, What you, DS, BS, Lee, Cindy, wwjd, 3ABN board are saying is that those phone calls wee never really about Nathan from the beginning? At some point turned from Nathan to personal, more romantic in nature? I am sincerely asking, because i want to get a good understanding of what you are saying.

And one more time. You just seem to know too many details for somebody who doesn't talk to Danny. Lost passports, who visits Linda's new place, how many trips have been made between Springfield and Norway, and by whom. Dang! you could have at least given them more than one day! Yeah, keep talkin' Let it ALL out! Must be difficult to keep all of this up. By now a trip to anywhere must look real good to you. So sad. sadwalk.gif

Yes, I have true friends and try to be a true friend.

It is me, DS, Lee, Cindy, FHB, wwjd, eyewitness, Joe, the 3abn board, at least 3 pastors that I know of and at least 2 professional counselors that have these questions and give these answers.
First of all, Nathan had a drug problem off and on for years but his mother never tried to step in and help in anyway before "meeting" the Doc. Why? Did she know years before he had a problem? Yes. Had she every tried any kind of medical help from anyone else? No. Why? She had access to many doctors and therapists, and rehabilitation ministries that came to 3abn to give interviews. Did she ever question them about Nathan? I don't know, but to my knowledge she never acted on it. So what would prompt someone who had known for years about the drugs, but had never sought any help at all in the US, to suddenly become so concerned as to talk her son into going half way around the world for treatment? I don't know. Do I believe she wanted her son off of drugs? Yes. Do I think think she would have jumped on a plane to norway if she had not seen something in the doc that attracted her? No. Just my opinion. What the board and DS and several others mentioned above, do know, is that however it started out it became much more than professional. You have not heard or seen what they have seen. You were not there when she refused over and over again to give up this relationship that by that time had nothing whatsoever to do with her son.
Another point is, the people that knew her the best and were some of the closest to her were not surprised one bit at the actions or the lies told. Only you, the viewers were shocked and some found it hard to believe. They never new her beyond the facade of Television. Many were fooled, but many were not. I have been told time and again by a good share of supporters that they felt, she was not sincere or felt she was putting on an act. Many felt that way because she became dominant on the screen and since she was in charge of production it was simple to see she was putting herself there. Others that loved her changed their minds after she made her "music videos." People thought that indeed was showing a "love of self." Others say, yes, they believed in her and don't think she would do anything wrong. But really, all that counts, is those that knew her extremely well during those years were not "shocked" at all about any of it. There might be a few that defend her now, but the majority know what they know.

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Mar 9 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #484

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 9 2007, 04:06 PM) [snapback]184203[/snapback]

It is me, DS, Lee, Cindy, FHB, wwjd, eyewitness, Joe, the 3abn board, at least 3 pastors that I know of and at least 2 professional counselors that have these questions and give these answers.
First of all, Nathan had a drug problem off and on for years but his mother never tried to step in and help in anyway before "meeting" the Doc. Why? Did she know years before he had a problem? Yes. Had she every tried any kind of medical help from anyone else? No. Why? She had access to many doctors and therapists, and rehabilitation ministries that came to 3abn to give interviews. Did she ever question them about Nathan? I don't know, but to my knowledge she never acted on it. So what would prompt someone who had known for years about the drugs, but had never sought any help at all in the US, to suddenly become so concerned as to talk her son into going half way around the world for treatment? I don't know. Do I believe she wanted her son off of drugs? Yes. Do I think think she would have jumped on a plane to norway if she had not seen something in the doc that attracted her? No. Just my opinion. What the board and DS and several others mentioned above, do know, is that however it started out it became much more than professional. You have not heard or seen what they have seen. You were not there when she refused over and over again to give up this relationship that by that time had nothing whatsoever to do with her son.
Another point is, the people that knew her the best and were some of the closest to her were not surprised one bit at the actions or the lies told. Only you, the viewers were shocked and some found it hard to believe. They never new her beyond the facade of Television. Many were fooled, but many were not. I have been told time and again by a good share of supporters that they felt, she was not sincere or felt she was putting on an act. Many felt that way because she became dominant on the screen and since she was in charge of production it was simple to see she was putting herself there. Others that loved her changed their minds after she made her "music videos." People thought that indeed was showing a "love of self." Others say, yes, they believed in her and don't think she would do anything wrong. But really, all that counts, is those that knew her extremely well during those years were not "shocked" at all about any of it. There might be a few that defend her now, but the majority know what they know.

so you say...anyway...Let me wish you a Happy Sabbath...

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Mar 9 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #485

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 9 2007, 01:06 PM) [snapback]184203[/snapback]

Do I believe she wanted her son off of drugs? Yes. Do I think think she would have jumped on a plane to norway if she had not seen something in the doc that attracted her? No. Just my opinion.

Your opinion told more about you than it told about Linda.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 9 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #486

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Ralph @ Mar 9 2007, 01:30 PM) [snapback]184208[/snapback]

Your opinion told more about you than it told about Linda.

Thats interesting. Because I would be in the majority in my thinking by those who knew her. You obviously didn't

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 9 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #487

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 9 2007, 02:33 PM) [snapback]184198[/snapback]

This should be interesting... snack.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 9 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #488

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Well, it is clear you know nothing about drug addiction.........but hold on......Somebody help me out........did not BS say that he doesn't talk to Danny? Now, he is collaborating with not only Danny but Lee, Cindy(who knew nothing when she got here, but now she is an insider),FHB, wwjd, EW(are they still here? dunno.gif ), Joe, and the whole of the 3ABN Board! All you had to say was that you were a respresentative, as we said all along. Better yet, BS just go on an lteel the whole truth. As I said keep talkin' it's all coming out......

Now you are making swipes at Linda about he parenting skills? Ok, As I said to Cindy, you should probably stop posting. You really are tellin more about yourself, than you intend..........

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 9 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]184203[/snapback]

BS...you missed the point......again!
QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 9 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]184216[/snapback]

Thats interesting. Because I would be in the majority in my thinking by those who knew her. You obviously didn't

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 9 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #489

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 9 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]184203[/snapback]

Bystander, I was there when Nathan came to our apartment to be tested, something he had been unwilling to do with others coming to 3ABN. This seems to be none of your concern. Yes, I know other things had been attempted that did not work, trips, etc.

Your cruelty is evident towards a mother who wants to help her son. You place the actions of Linda elsewhere to place the whole story in such a mist to conceal reality.

Already when we were together in Denmark in September 2003, Linda told us that her heart was bleeding and that every song she was writing were written to Nathan. Many mothers will empathice with that, and understand her plea. But 3ABN is making unbelievable attempts to belittle Linda's role as a mother, hoping thereby to exhibit their final futile attempt to prove her guilty. Will they succeed?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 11 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #490

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 9 2007, 05:35 AM) [snapback]184058[/snapback]

As far as I know they answer the relevant or pertinent questions, IF they can. On the other hand, no one can answer questions like, why they let Linda get thrown under a bus, when that is a made up scenario, and only designed to accuse and condemn them...

Rather then following me from post to post, and thread to thread, and repeating yourself over and over like this; why don't you just respond to a specific question where it is posted to them, and ask the question above, there --where it has some context? That way both the readers and I, can see what your real problem is, and what you are talking about, and if you even have a legit complaint?

For example. what is your point in supplying the link above which only goes to BSDA's topic menu??

Sorry, but right now, you just appear silly to me, and as if you have no real argument, so I don't see any reason to waste time trying to answer further posts or questions from you.

Thank you Aletheia for pointing out that my link did not work correctly. I do try to check my links for accuracy but obviously missed that one. I have now corrected it and apologize for any confusion it has caused you or others. However, when I see an error in a post that I think the poster did not intend and that might confuse the reader or subject the poster to ridicule, I send a PM to the poster so the error can be corrected without pointing it out to everyone reading the post. But, hey that's just my style.

I have pondered since reading your post late friday whether to respond to you publicly or privately and whether to respond before you reacquire your privileges at BSDA. I saw arguments on each side. However, since your post was public I have decided I would respond publicly as well.

So, I take it that your answer to my first question to you is that you do believe that where they can WWJD, Bystander and others have responded to questions asked of them. I respect your right to hold that opinion but suspect it is not shared by many who read this forum.

And when you wrote "On the other hand, no one can answer questions like, why they let Linda get thrown under a bus, when that is a made up scenario, and only designed to accuse and condemn them... " Do you recognize an allegory when you see one? In my opinion, Clay made his point quite clearly and succinctly with that symbolic description. I do believe WWJD, Bystander and others understood what he meant and were/are quite capable of responding to his question. Since you were not there I do not expect you to answer Clay's question.

What about another question I asked of you. Based on your knowledge, do you believe Linda committed adultery? Simple question. Yes or No answer.

As for following you around the board, Aletheia, your answer suggests a bit of paranoia and possible projection. Occam's Razor would tell you that like many others I click on the "View New Posts" button to determine what I will read next. Since you often post very long posts of the cut and paste variety on multiple threads within a short time span, it should be no surprise that I read what you have written and then what you have written (or maybe I should say cut and pasted and posted).....from thread to thread. Now about that projection, might it be that is what you have done to Johann across the internet? scratchchin.gif I was talking to you and asking for your opinion and not WWJD, Lee or Bystander. I believe other readers did not have difficulty understanding my questions to you as they were clear and direct.

I do not understand why you are not willing to engage in a real dialogue about what you have come to believe, as you have stated. From your posts you give me the impression that you believe your mission here is to convince people that you have more discernment than many others who hold contrary views to your own and who have been misled. Since you have apparently reached your conclusions, what other reason would there be to continue to post? I am a simple reader. I came for information. Let's have an adult conversation Aletheia, you and I. I am sure the administrators will allow us our own thread so we do not post off topic. I am willing if you are.

You obviously can ignore me if you choose to do so, Aletheia. However, I am no longer willing to stand by and just ignore your posts due to their lack of clarity when they also contain personal attacks or rude behavior. If upon your return you are able to engage in an exchange of ideas and opinions with out ad hominem attacks, I look forward to hearing those opinions.

nw
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 12 2007, 08:05 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 11 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #491

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 11 2007, 10:46 PM) [snapback]184592[/snapback]

Thank you Aletheia for pointing out that my link did not work correctly. I do try to check my links for accuracy but obviously missed that one. I have now corrected it and apologize for any confusion it has caused you or others. However, when I see an error in a post that I think the poster did not intend and that might confuse the reader or subject the poster to ridicule, I send a PM to the poster so the error can be corrected without pointing it out to everyone reading the post. But, hey that's just my style.

I have pondered since reading your post late friday whether to respond to you publicly or privately and whether to respond before you reacquire your privileges at BSDA. I saw arguments on each side. However, since your post was public I have decided I would respond publicly as well.

So, I take it that your answer to my first question to you is that you do believe that where they can WWJD, Bystander and others have responded to questions asked of them. I respect your right to hold that opinion but suspect it is not shared by many who read this forum.

What about another question I asked of you. Based on your knowledge, do you believe Linda committed adultery? Simple question. Yes or No answer.

As for following you around the board, Aletheia, your answer suggests a bit of paranoia and possible projection. Occam's Razor would tell you that like many others I click on the "View New Posts" button to determine what I will read next. Since you often post very long posts of the cut and paste variety on multiple threads within a short time span, it should be no surprise that I read what you have written and then what you have written.....from thread to thread. Now about that projection, might it be that is what you have done to Johann across the internet? scratchchin.gif I was talking to you and asking for your opinion on things and not WWJD, Lee or Bystander. I do not believe other readers did not understand my questions to you as they were clear and direct.

I do not understand why you are not willing to engage in a real dialogue about what you have come to believe, as you have stated. From your posts you give me the impression that you believe your mission here is to convince people that you have more discernment than many others who hold contrary views and who have been misled. Since you have apparently reached your conclusions, what other reason would there be to continue to post? I am a simple reader. I came for information. Let's have an adult conversation Aletheia, you and I. I am sure the administrators will allow us our own thread so we do not post off topic. I am willing if you are.

You obviously can ignore me if you choose to do so, Aletheia. However, I am no longer willing to stand by and just ignore your posts due to their lack of clarity when they also contain personal attacks or rude behavior. If upon your return you are able to engage in an exchange of ideas and opinions with out ad hominem attacks, I look forward to hearing those opinions.

nw
C"i"

yes.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 11 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #492

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 11 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]184592[/snapback]

And when you wrote "On the other hand, no one can answer questions like, why they let Linda get thrown under a bus, when that is a made up scenario, and only designed to accuse and condemn them... " Do you know recognize allegory when you see one? In my opinion, Clay made his point quite clearly and succinctly with that symbolic description. I do believe WWJD, Bystander and others understood what he meant and were quite capable of responding to his question. Since you were not there I do not expect you to have to answer Clay's question.

As for following you around the board, Aletheia, your answer suggests a bit of paranoia and possible projection. Occam's Razor would tell you that like many others I click on the "View New Posts" button to determine what I will read next. Since you often post very long posts of the cut and paste variety on multiple threads within a short time span, it should be no surprise that I read what you have written and then what you have written (or maybe I should say cut and pasted and posted).....from thread to thread. Now about that projection, might it be that is what you have done to Johann across the internet? scratchchin.gif I was talking to you and asking for your opinion and not WWJD, Lee or Bystander. I believe other readers did not have difficulty understanding my questions to you as they were clear and direct.

I do not understand why you are not willing to engage in a real dialogue about what you have come to believe, as you have stated. From your posts you give me the impression that you believe your mission here is to convince people that you have more discernment than many others who hold contrary views to your own and who have been misled. Since you have apparently reached your conclusions, what other reason would there be to continue to post? I am a simple reader. I came for information. Let's have an adult conversation Aletheia, you and I. I am sure the administrators will allow us our own thread so we do not post off topic. I am willing if you are.

nw
C"i"

Aletheia has been banned until Monday Noahswife.

+Quote Post
roxe
post Mar 11 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #493

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 11 2007, 02:46 PM) [snapback]184592[/snapback]

Thank you Aletheia ...
... you reacquire your privileges at BSDA.
nw
C"i"

Lee, noahswife knows when Aletheia will be back...

and i have to be honest...
it is sooooo nice and quiet in this forum right now...
really wish it could stay that way...

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 11 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #494

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

QUOTE(roxe @ Mar 12 2007, 12:09 AM) [snapback]184634[/snapback]

Lee, noahswife knows when Aletheia will be back...

and i have to be honest...
it is sooooo nice and quiet in this forum right now...
really wish it could stay that way...

I'm sorry Roxe, I didn't see that in her post. All I saw was something about wondering why Aletheia was ignoring her questions...

This post has been edited by Lee: Mar 11 2007, 11:16 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 12 2007, 04:31 AM
Post #495

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 9 2007, 10:53 PM) [snapback]184216[/snapback]

Ralph does not need to know Linda to have some common sense. Ralph has many years of experience dealing with people who have various kinds of problems. He is speaking from a rich experience on a daily basis in this area, also in dealing with young people as a teacher.

--------------------

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 35 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church