Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10489&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:46:05 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Open Letter To Bsda, This letter was send to me from Barbara Kerr to publish here
Panama_Pete
post Aug 25 2006, 10:05 PM
Post #76

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

Also, to bring you up to speed on this withering relationship between the Church and 3ABN, I can post one other previously mentioned link where the Adventist Church corrects the media regarding 3ABN.

http://www.caymannetnews.com/cgi-script/cs...0042/004229.htm

Adventist Channel and 3ABN

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dear Sir:

3ABN is not an Adventist channel. 3ABN is not owned, operated or funded by any church, denomination or organization, so people from all cultures and backgrounds appreciate 3ABN programming. Nevertheless many of 3ABN's employees and volunteers are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Even the fact that Dr Jeffrey Thompson, president, Cayman Islands Conference, Seventh-day Adventists was inspecting the new transmitter, the Channel has not become an Adventist channel. There are some cooperation agreements between 3ABN and the Adventists for using 3ABN facilities to spread the gospel. That's it.
Thank you for making this distinction.

Adventist Press Service (APD)
Basel, Switzerland
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 25 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #77

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Greetings! I have been reading a lot of posts here for the last two days because a friend who knows both Danny and Linda directed me here.

I have to say that I am sad to read about the sorry state of a ministry that I count as the vehicle that directed me me back to my Savior. I was pretty much floundering in my lost condition until a daily dose of 3abn brought me back to Bible study. I still am watching and garnering such blessings. I also am a firm believer in seeking truth. That's why I am here.

One of my big concerns is, why don't either Danny or Tommy show up on the Megan's Law sites? Have neither been prosecuted? If not why not?

If they truely are guilty of sexually assaulting girls and boys, why haven't they been charged?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
IMM
post Aug 25 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #78

Member No.: 1,938

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 25 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]148121[/snapback]
Well thank you. A simple search of the Post's website itself does nor reveal this article but another that you must pay for. It seems that it was a rather unpleasent experience for you to provide this, so please accept my apology . . .

Hhhhmmm, shall I remind you I am not Danny, nay "A man or woman convinced against their will are of the same opinion still."

- fhb

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/washingtonpost...mandments+Event

Johann,

The article, or the one I was provided, does not indicate the GC called 3ABN an offshoot. It merely refers to it as a "growing offshoot." Paragraph 4 of this article:

It also includes the Three Angels Broadcasting Network, the organization that started giving away 270,000 copies of the book "Ten Commandments Twice Removed" on Thursday. The ministry, a growing offshoot of the Adventist church, said it hoped to draw 10,000 people last night and today to "Ten Commandments Weekend," an event at the D.C. Armory featuring music and sermons about the commandments.

There are comments from the assistant director of ANN later in the article but are not connected in anyway to 3ABN and make no reference to it what so ever. If there is another article where this is done I would love to know where that is.

- fhb

Did you read paragraph 10 of that article?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6050501748.html

It says, "And although Three Angels' followers are primarily Seventh-day Adventists, a spokesman for the denomination said it would not be participating in the weekend's events."

Did you catch that?

Hmmmm, a spokesman for the SDA church, and he was not from (nor apparently endorsed in any way by) 3ABN. I'd wager most people reading that statement will/did view it as the denomination distancing themselves.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 25 2006, 10:31 PM
Post #79

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Fallible Human Being,

I am fully aware that you are NOT Danny Shelton. Your writing evidences that fact that you are an educated person. Any person who might question this should take a look at Danny's disjointed, rambling, poorly spelled, grammatically challenged, and entirely off-topic reply to Dr. Abrahamsen on the Adventist Today website, and compare it with the smooth, educated writing of FHB. Anyone who has a number of emails from Danny on their computer can make the same comparison.

I am sorry, FHB, that you have been so horribly insulted here on BSDA as to have been mistaken for Danny. My deepest condolences.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 25 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #80

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

I guess I don't yet understand how to post here. I'll try again tomorrow.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 25 2006, 10:48 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(IMM @ Aug 25 2006, 11:24 PM) [snapback]148129[/snapback]

Did you read paragraph 10 of that article?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6050501748.html

It says, "And although Three Angels' followers are primarily Seventh-day Adventists, a spokesman for the denomination said it would not be participating in the weekend's events."

Did you catch that?

Hmmmm, a spokesman for the SDA church, and he was not from (nor apparently endorsed in any way by) 3ABN. I'd wager most people reading that statement will/did view it as the denomination distancing themselves.

It is a stretch. You are reading much between the lines that isn't supported anywhere else in the artcile or in any other official statement from the GC.

How many world headquarters for the other denominations indicated they were officially there taking part in the activities. The activities revolved around the potential marriage of church and state (the real crux of the issue that spawned the Ten Commandments Day activities). 3ABN distanced itself from this issue via its statement that while they feel the decalogue is crucial to life, that they did not agree with the other participants political agendas. Its focus was to get out the word about the Ten Commandments, not fight for their appearence on federal property.

The church also, because of its long history of striving against a union between church and state could not step over that line and be officially involved. Their statement was premised on that, the drive to maintain a strong seperation of church and state, and not in an attempt to distance itself from 3ABN. The direct quote in the following paragraph (11) supports this:

"Where I need the Ten Commandments is in my heart," Mark Kellner, assistant director of the Adventist News Network, said. "It does no good for me to have it sitting in the Montgomery County Courthouse."

It is that paragraph that links the non-participation to the underlying theme for most of the individuals (meaning all those connected with the Wexler part of the weekend) there that weekend - that being a belief that the Ten Commandments should be displayed on government property. It is not a statement about 3ABN.

- fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 25 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #82

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 25 2006, 09:50 PM) [snapback]148105[/snapback]

The General Conference has dealt 3ABN a blow by declaring 3ABN an "offshoot" as published in the Washington Post recently. This has opened many people's eyes to what is going on.

Hi Johann,
Perhaps you know something that I don't -- that the General Conference declared 3ABN an "offshoot." If so, could you please point us to the documentation? (That would certainly be powerful, and I assume it would mean that official Adventist organizations would not be featured on 3ABN. However, I think we aren't quite there yet.)

The Washington Post article did mention 3ABN as an "offshoot," and many of us applauded that fitting description. I rather like what Mark Kellner, the official General Conference media representative, said too. He got some irate responses calling him down for calling 3ABN "an offshoot." But he says he didn't do it. So it appears that the reporter came to that conclusion from independent research.

God works in mysterious ways ...

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 25 2006, 11:47 PM
Post #83

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Perhaps someone could ask Danny what happened a week or two ago when he took his jet to Silver Spring to drop in on Jan Paulsen. Perhaps someone could ask him if Paulsen refused to see him. Perhaps someone could ask if the words, "I don't want to see him now, and I don't want to see him later" mean anything to him.

Perhaps someone could also ask Danny why he was cancelled in Palm Springs. Perhaps they could also ask why a 3ABN representative called another church in the Palm Springs area to get the rally moved there, and found that 3ABN is not welcome in that church either.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 26 2006, 01:37 AM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 26 2006, 12:09 AM
Post #84

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 25 2006, 11:06 PM) [snapback]148134[/snapback]

Hi Johann,
Perhaps you know something that I don't -- that the General Conference declared 3ABN an "offshoot." If so, could you please point us to the documentation? (That would certainly be powerful, and I assume it would mean that official Adventist organizations would not be featured on 3ABN. However, I think we aren't quite there yet.)

The Washington Post article did mention 3ABN as an "offshoot," and many of us applauded that fitting description. I rather like what Mark Kellner, the official General Conference media representative, said too. He got some irate responses calling him down for calling 3ABN "an offshoot." But he says he didn't do it. So it appears that the reporter came to that conclusion from independent research.

Perhaps the Latin phrase, persona non grata (a person who for some reason is not wanted or welcome), is a more precise description than the word offshoot. In that case, the situation wouldn't come with published documentation. Yet, we are now hearing that something along these lines seems to be occurring in various places.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 26 2006, 12:48 AM
Post #85

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 26 2006, 07:06 AM) [snapback]148134[/snapback]

Hi Johann,

Inge, It looks like we are almost there. That word "offshoot" was further investigated by a person who has started an avalance which will soon be seen.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 26 2006, 02:25 AM
Post #86

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

interesting... it seems as though we are indeed approaching critical mass......

Critical Mass - An amount or level needed for a specific result or new action to occur.

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 28 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #87

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

Thank you for sharing this, beartrap.

Thank God that Jan Paulsen is a man of principle not cowed by the threat of funds withheld by Danny's mentor!! clap.gif happydance.gif His refusal to bow under the threat of money withheld opens the way for God to open the floodgates of heaven!

May God give Him and His fellow administrators wisdom regarding how best to deal with this cancer in our midst!

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 26 2006, 12:47 AM) [snapback]148136[/snapback]

Perhaps someone could ask Danny what happened a week or two ago when he took his jet to Silver Spring to drop in on Jan Paulsen. Perhaps someone could ask him if Paulsen refused to see him. Perhaps someone could ask if the words, "I don't want to see him now, and I don't want to see him later" mean anything to him.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Sep 1 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Has there been any further updates on this latest stuff?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
howdy
post Sep 1 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,932

pPuleese folks I cant hold my breath much longer! :-)

+Quote Post
Lucyladye
post Sep 1 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,018

Didn't know if you were aware, Jan Paulsen recently lost his mother. She was in Norway at the assisted living home where she had been residing. Elder Paulsen was able to visit with her just a few days before her death.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church