Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10915&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:40:58 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chapter 11, Naive....
Bystander
post Jan 30 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Fran @ Jan 30 2007, 02:53 AM) [snapback]173899[/snapback]

Time is getting short. Have you read the Save 3ABN website lately? What do you make of those stories? Sure looks bad for Danny and Tommy. Danny better call Mr. Moneyman again. This will probably cost Mr Moneyman more than he is willing to pay.

Call Mr. Moneyman? Mr. Moneyman?? c'mon Fran. You don't even know who or what you are talking about...hence MR MONEYMAN...how ridicuous
Oh and Danny S fired the cousin because the cousin said he needed help??? Who said, the cousin? You believe anything and everything that is said as long as it is negative. You ridicule anything and everything that is posted as positive.
YOu are not looking for any truth Fran. Your mind was made up a long time ago even though you say you have never met Danny or Linda...hard to believe...Therefore it would be a waste of time to try to discuss anything with you. Your goal is not to help 3abn, only to hurt. You rant and rave about forms and rules and receipts and added all up, it comes to nothing. Moneyman? Again YOU don't even know who or what you are referring to.
And by the way the save3abn site is also by GJ so why would that have any more validity than this one. He just has his rhetoric going on in 2 different places.

QUOTE(Fran @ Jan 30 2007, 02:53 AM) [snapback]173899[/snapback]

Yes, there were horses! All right! Now we are really getting somewhere. Why would Danny's cousin, S. S, tell lies about Danny? Now here is a man that understand the principal of truth. Didn't Danny fire him because this cousin said Danny need to get help to stop lying? Didn't this make Danny mad enough to fire him? Just curious.

Then again, you will probably say he had an ax to grind. Why do all of 3ABN's past employees have an ax to grind with Danny?

mmm Just like, according to this forum, 3abn is corrupt, the board is corrupt, the whole shelton family is corrupt, the thompsonville church and pastor is corrupt and now ASI is corrupt....quite a stretch
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Jan 30 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 30 2007, 01:37 PM) [snapback]173976[/snapback]

Just like, according to this forum, 3abn is corrupt, the board is corrupt, the whole shelton family is corrupt, the thompsonville church and pastor is corrupt and now ASI is corrupt....quite a stretch

I don't think the majority of us think 3ABN is corrupt, the administration, YES!! but not the ministry, I personally know a LOT of good people that work there, and I would never say that everyone there is corrupt.

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 30 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 30 2007, 03:00 AM) [snapback]173901[/snapback]

How come you seem to use the same computer as Mr. Danny Shelton?

Nice try Johann, once again, you are off the mark. I will say this for you though. I truly don't think you are intentionally lying with some of the stuff you put on here. I just think you have been brainwashed. Actually you are just as much a victim as 3abn.

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Jan 30 2007, 12:12 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

Bystander, why do you refuse to answer my questions?

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 30 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #65

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Jan 30 2007, 12:12 PM) [snapback]173987[/snapback]

Bystander, why do you refuse to answer my questions?

he is standing by waiting for someone to give him the answers so he can answer you.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 30 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #66

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Oh please! 3ABN a victim of what?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 30 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #67

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 30 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]173976[/snapback]

mmm Just like, according to this forum, 3abn is corrupt, the board is corrupt, the whole shelton family is corrupt, the thompsonville church and pastor is corrupt and now ASI is corrupt....quite a stretch

Brother Bystander,

I doubt that many on this forum feel that all of those people and organizations are corrupt.

I, for one, am very disappointed that there is more and more evidence to suggest that there is a peson who claims to be Christian who has abused his power as a pastor and betrayed the trust of a number of young people.

I, for one, am very disappointed that there is more and more evidence to suggest that there are people who claim to be beaming the undiluted Gospel to the world while behind the scenes they are attempting to keep the grievous behavior of this loved one secret.

When I came here in August of 2006 I truly hoped and prayed that I would find this place a den of gossip, slander and vicious lies as I fully expected it to be. I was very disappointed. What I found here, instead, was a group of folks with a burden for truth. I have become one of them.

I have asked numerous times for you to show me proof that this evidence if false and you haven't responded. I am honestly willing to weigh credible evidence.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 30 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #68

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 30 2007, 08:10 PM) [snapback]173986[/snapback]

Nice try Johann,- - - I just think you have been brainwashed.
- - -

You are not quite as bad as Danny Shelton, Mr. Bystander! He claims I have Alzheimer - just see the postings of his letters on save3abn.com.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Guest_task force_*
post Jan 31 2007, 10:06 AM
Post #69

Guests

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 16 2006, 07:50 AM) [snapback]152153[/snapback]

“Naive”, Part 1

Linda sits quietly in a chair, gazing out the living room window. Danny has just left the room. Her shoulders begins to shake as a single tear slowly makes its way down her cheek, as her lips begin to tremble she hears the roar of Danny's truck as he drives away... Soon the single tear is joined by many others, etching her delicate features like stained glass. Clasping her hands together she falls to her knees and begins to pray... At the same time Linda is praying, Danny is seated in his office viewing a website for private jets.

I have remained silent so far in the discussion concerning certain character attributes of Linda. I can understand both sides of this issue: the portrayal of Linda by Sonshineonme as a very naive individual and the call for Linda’s accountability in regard to what transpired under the rulership of 3ABN and the question of what knowledge she possessed of certain facts at the time.

In the former portrayal, it might be best to define the term “naive” as a “childlike trusting nature and vulnerability”, someone who looks for the good in situations and is shocked upon the discovery that everything in her world was not as it was depicted to her by her husband. Linda is an individual with these character traits and thus can easily be dominated and manipulated by a controlling and dishonest individual. When Linda was under the control of Danny and her perspective of situations were shaped primarily through his “interpretation” of the “facts”, Linda’s viewpoint seldom reflected the reality of the situation. Add to this mix a woman who deeply loves her husband and has been controlled by him for twenty years and you have both a case of abuse and manipulation: a woman who has been conditioned to believe everything her husband tells her and taught not to question his credibility or decisions. Considering Linda’s character, this situation existed throughout their entire marriage, in varying degrees.

Now in regard to the situation cited in my third post of the Unauthorized History of 3ABN, based upon the above information, whose word is Linda going to believe in regard to the misuse of ministry funds: her husband or his cousin? If her husband tells her he paid for the horses himself and his cousin says he used ministry monies for private purchases, she will side with her husband. With the mind set she has developed with Danny, that is the only conclusion she could allow herself to believe. Unfortunately, she did not investigate further for herself, for she believed her husband. Add to that the knowledge that between them they earned about 100, 000 dollars a year and she saw no reason for Danny steal from the ministry, he could afford to buy horses himself. That is where the “childlike trusting nature and vulnerability”, which would usually be considered a positive trait in a Christian, is used to manipulate Linda into complete trust and compliance in what her husband said. And further explains how she could make the following statement in utter confidence, “anything Danny says is right, even if he is wrong, we are like gods here.” She never considered the possibility that Danny was lying...

1. She believed what her husband said was true
2. She did not believe that he would intentionally misrepresent his actions
3. She believed he was a godly man.

And in regard to the last part of the statement, “we are like gods here.”,

4. I agree, it was not a very wise statement to make, no matter what her intentions were at the time. But as the old adage goes, "hindsight is 20/20 and if Linda could change that statement now, with the knowledge that she has today, I am sure she would have phrased her thoughts very differently. But, much later she did find out just how true that statement was in regard to the absolute control Danny has over 3ABN as a business and the functioning of the Board.

Were there actions on Danny’s part that she knew about and protested against? Yes. Was she able to stop him? No. Did she try to reason with him? Yes. Did it produce her desired results? No. Did she suffer abuse for opposing him?

Stay tuned for Part 2 of Naive...

TVsnack.gif

I have been reading BSDA for some time. I must ask some questions about the above bolded part.

Does anyone to this day have proof that Danny did indeed by his horses with 3ABN money Or is the cousin wrong about where the money came from? It looks like Linda knows were the money came from because did they not have a joint bank account? if so, she would know who paid for the horses. From what I hear, didn't Danny and Linda just own 3 or 4 mares in the beginning, and they kept them bred to outside stallions? I hear that Danny and Linda both loved having babies born. If that is true, then most of his horses were born there and he didn't buy them somewhere else. Does anybody know, how many horses are we talking about?
I am concerned that Danny is presumed to be quilty and the Cousin, honest

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 31 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #70

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(task force @ Jan 31 2007, 11:06 AM) [snapback]174161[/snapback]

I have been reading BSDA for some time. I must ask some questions about the above bolded part.

Does anyone to this day have proof that Danny did indeed by his horses with 3ABN money Or is the cousin wrong about where the money came from? It looks like Linda knows were the money came from because did they not have a joint bank account? if so, she would know who paid for the horses. From what I hear, didn't Danny and Linda just own 3 or 4 mares in the beginning, and they kept them bred to outside stallions? I hear that Danny and Linda both loved having babies born. If that is true, then most of his horses were born there and he didn't buy them somewhere else. Does anybody know, how many horses are we talking about?

With the mind set she has developed with Danny, that is the only conclusion she could allow herself to believe. Unfortunately, she did not investigate further for herself, for she believed her husband. Add to that the knowledge that between them they earned about 100, 000 dollars a year and she saw no reason for Danny steal from the ministry, he could afford to buy horses himself. That is where the “childlike trusting nature and vulnerability”, which would usually be considered a positive trait in a Christian, is used to manipulate Linda into complete trust and compliance in what her husband said. scratchchin.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 31 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #71

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(task force @ Jan 31 2007, 11:06 AM) [snapback]174161[/snapback]

Let's cut to the chase bud...

You and Cindy and others presume that this is a "pro-Linda" site... and therefore have set yourselves to attempt to indict Linda as complicit in Danny's misdeeds such that he cannot fall without taking her down... and as such, you assume if you are successful in tying her to his misdeeds, folk will back off him in order to save her.

For the umpteenth time, your presumption is wrong... so rather than go through this whole song and dance, just make whatever point it is you piped up to make... if your point has validity that will be noted... and if it is the same tired mess, that will be noted too...

Folks have things to do and they dont include unnecessary trips down rabbit holes that meander much but ultimately go nowhere.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 31 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #72

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Wrong answer to the wrong question. Their computer had been identified, and rightly so. they were using the same pc, and possibly one in the same person. Jes, one more time we are going to talk about you reading before you post. doh.gif

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 30 2007, 07:17 AM) [snapback]173949[/snapback]

Because they know the rules about trying to figure out identities are only applied if it concerns sister, or several of her cohorts?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 31 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #73

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jan 31 2007, 12:28 PM) [snapback]174177[/snapback]

Let's cut to the chase bud...

You and Cindy and others presume that this is a "pro-Linda" site... and therefore have set yourselves to attempt to indict Linda as complicit in Danny's misdeeds such that he cannot fall without taking her down... and as such, you assume if you are successful in tying her to his misdeeds, folk will back off him in order to save her.

For the umpteenth time, your presumption is wrong... so rather than go through this whole song and dance, just make whatever point it is you piped up to make... if your point has validity that will be noted... and if it is the same tired mess, that will be noted too...

Folks have things to do and they dont include unnecessary trips down rabbit holes that meander much but ultimately go nowhere.

In His service,
Mr. J

Ah, but in this case Mr. J, "task force" posted a neat little sign at the entrance of the "rabbit hole"....

"I am concerned that Danny is presumed to be quilty and the Cousin, honest"

Now who could the "cousin" be. For a little more of the cousin's story, see the section of The Televangelist document, called "The Family". Here are the applicable paragraphs...

About this time, the televangelist contacted a cousin with whom he had been quite close over the years. This cousin and his wife were operating two very successful businesses that they had built from scratch. He told the cousin some miracle stories, explained how God was using this ministry to reach the world, and told him that he was needed to be second in command. The cousin and his wife discussed it and decided that God’s work was the most important thing. They divested themselves of their businesses, moved to the location of the ministry, bought a house, and started work. Within a short time, the cousin discovered that he had been duped. He saw financial mismanagement on a gross level, illegal activities, abuse of the employees, and much more. He confronted the televangelist with this wrongdoing and was told, “God called me, not you. That is why I am sitting here, and you are on that side of the desk.” He was told to repent and submit.

Several days a week, the cousin was attending an afternoon class at a local college. The televangelist had him taking this course for work. Now the televangelist called the cousin’s wife and told her that her husband was disappearing from work for hours at a time and no one knew where he was. He suggested that the cousin might be having an affair and asked her not to say anything. He would find out what was going on and protect her. As soon as her husband got home from work, she told him what the televangelist had said. They called and confronted him with his lies. He said that he simply didn’t remember that the cousin was taking classes.

Finally, given the ultimatum, quit or be fired, he resigned. Meanwhile, the televangelist began a vicious smear campaign against him. The family was further split by what was said. The televangelist said, “If you want proof that I am right and he is wrong, just look at the fact that I am still here and he is gone. God is blessing me, not him.”

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 31 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #74

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jan 31 2007, 12:08 PM) [snapback]174173[/snapback]

With the mind set she has developed with Danny, that is the only conclusion she could allow herself to believe. Unfortunately, she did not investigate further for herself, for she believed her husband. Add to that the knowledge that between them they earned about 100, 000 dollars a year and she saw no reason for Danny steal from the ministry, he could afford to buy horses himself. That is where the “childlike trusting nature and vulnerability”, which would usually be considered a positive trait in a Christian, is used to manipulate Linda into complete trust and compliance in what her husband said. scratchchin.gif

So.. the point here and the answer to the question was what?

No they didn't have joint bank accounts, or yes they did, and Linda either never looked at the statements, and had no idea what she or he ever spent or what their expenses were? or she did and didn't realize they hadn't bought the original horses?

So when the cousin made this accusation she didn't know where the bank statements and records were, or wasn't allowed to see them? what?!? She didn't even try to prove it to him that this was false?

Obviously she thought they were their horses, and not owned by 3ABN as somewhere aroud here she is quoted as saying in regards to the divorce that she was trying to get all this sorted out as she had no place to keep them at present and Danny had them...

This just seems weird to me, especially if as you say she trusted her husband. What women who loved her husband and trusted him wouldn't try to correct a misunderstanding between another family member and him, or defend him and show the proof?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Jan 31 2007, 03:10 PM

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 31 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #75

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 31 2007, 01:39 PM) [snapback]174193[/snapback]

Wrong answer to the wrong question. Their computer had been identified, and rightly so. they were using the same pc, and possibly one in the same person. Jes, one more time we are going to talk about you reading before you post. doh.gif

Well Di, that's very interesting...

I was referring to the way you enforce the rules, not to how they got the alleged information, or even about whether they were correct or not.

You say "wrong answer their computer *HAD BEEN IDENTIFIED** and rightly so"

I don't question that Calvin as owner and maybe even the administrators could do so, but I do wonder how Johann and Sister could do so????

That's who I was replying to yesterday morning at shortly after 7 am, and that was hours before the letter posted about the Clem brothers which brought about Calvins announcement.

Can you explain how Johann and Sister identified the computer and rightly so before then, Princess Di?

Or did you mis-speak?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Jan 31 2007, 03:33 PM

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:40 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church