Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10942&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:52:22 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Will Wait Patiently..., but I would rather not
Truly Blonde
post Sep 25 2006, 09:53 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,160

I am from the Upper Columbia Conference also and when my husband or I bring up 3abn we get different types of responses, They range from wanting to know what is going on, to this should not be brought up in church because it makes 3abn look bad. They then add that the Lord is in control and if he wants 3abn brought down he will bring it down and if he doesn't, nothing we do will make a difference. I think this is a cop out. It is a way to deny any responsibility. We arn't involved in 3abn so therefore we shouldn't have any need to see things made right at 3abn. It only affects those who have worked or are working at 3abn. What about Dr. Sam saying Danny didn't have bible grounds for remarriage? That affects all of us I would think. Thank goodness we have a wonderful pastor who feels there is a problem at 3abn and isn't afraid to say so. He calls sin by it's right name. Also I was glad to hear about our conference president's support.

Having grown up in a pastor's household I do understand why it is difficult for pastor's to stand up and be counted without the GC's permission. The GC is their employer and they can take away your job if you are not on the same page as they are. I would imagine that is one reason so many of the people on this web page are posting under assumed names. Maybe Danny can't take away their jobs because they don't work at 3abn any more but he probably has other things to hold over their heads.

By the way. My mother told me that Saturday Dwight Nelson told the tv audience that Danny and is wife were leaving for Australia(She thought that was what he said) Have any of you heard anything about this? Like maybe Johann or Sister or Watchbird.

TB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
justme
post Sep 26 2006, 09:23 AM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(Truly Blonde @ Sep 25 2006, 11:53 PM) [snapback]153674[/snapback]

I am from the Upper Columbia Conference also and when my husband or I bring up 3abn we get different types of responses, They range from wanting to know what is going on, to this should not be brought up in church because it makes 3abn look bad. They then add that the Lord is in control and if he wants 3abn brought down he will bring it down and if he doesn't, nothing we do will make a difference. I think this is a cop out. It is a way to deny any responsibility. We arn't involved in 3abn so therefore we shouldn't have any need to see things made right at 3abn. It only affects those who have worked or are working at 3abn. What about Dr. Sam saying Danny didn't have bible grounds for remarriage? That affects all of us I would think. Thank goodness we have a wonderful pastor who feels there is a problem at 3abn and isn't afraid to say so. He calls sin by it's right name. Also I was glad to hear about our conference president's support.

Having grown up in a pastor's household I do understand why it is difficult for pastor's to stand up and be counted without the GC's permission. The GC is their employer and they can take away your job if you are not on the same page as they are. I would imagine that is one reason so many of the people on this web page are posting under assumed names. Maybe Danny can't take away their jobs because they don't work at 3abn any more but he probably has other things to hold over their heads.

By the way. My mother told me that Saturday Dwight Nelson told the tv audience that Danny and is wife were leaving for Australia(She thought that was what he said) Have any of you heard anything about this? Like maybe Johann or Sister or Watchbird.

TB

I just checked the Saturday night program. No mention of it.
Now I'll check the Sabbath AM meeting.
stay tuned

+Quote Post
sister
post Sep 26 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #78

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

Danny and Brandy are making an Australia and New Zealand tour. Time to increase the donations with miracle stories directly from the horses mouth. Did I say horses? Well, shut my mouth. I am sure the "miracle" of Danny's horses or rather how he paid for them, is not a subject for the land down under. LOL roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

This post has been edited by sister: Sep 26 2006, 10:07 AM

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Sep 26 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #79

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 26 2006, 12:06 PM) [snapback]153734[/snapback]

Danny and Brandy are making an Australia and New Zealand tour. Time to increase the donations with miracle stories directly from the horses mouth. Did I say horses? Well, shut my mouth. I am sure the "miracle" of Danny's horses or rather how he paid for them, is not a subject for the land down under. LOL roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

Isn't the Fall Campmeeting this weekend...starting on September 28? Dan and Bran won't be there? Guess Mollie will be runnin' things, eh? giggle.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
Fran
post Sep 26 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #80

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 26 2006, 10:06 AM) [snapback]153734[/snapback]

Maybe they are house hunting?

Maybe they are checking the climates of Russia, Australia and New Zealand. Maybe they are tired of IL.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Sep 26 2006, 10:49 AM
Post #81

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Sep 26 2006, 10:31 AM) [snapback]153735[/snapback]

Isn't the Fall Campmeeting this weekend...starting on September 28? Dan and Bran won't be there? Guess Mollie will be runnin' things, eh? giggle.gif

Really? You mean they have already gone? What is their itinery? It's not on the 3abn website. And Danny is listed several times in the campmeeting lineup, and then again in Santa Cruz later in October. Whuts up guys?!???

rofl1.gif "Dan and Bran"..... love it. Sounds like breakfast cereal. roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Sep 26 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #82

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(Fran @ Sep 26 2006, 05:37 PM) [snapback]153736[/snapback]

Maybe they are house hunting?

Maybe they are checking the climates of Russia, Australia and New Zealand. Maybe they are tired of IL.
I hear Argentina is popular with refugees...

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
paleface
post Sep 26 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #83

Member No.: 1,991

Johann:
I have a cronic case of "Foot in Mouth Disease" and I am too dumb to back up when confronted! I am not called "Rubber Lips" for nothing. I shall continue to enlighten my fellow man who is interested in 3abn.

+Quote Post
sister
post Sep 26 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #84

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Sep 26 2006, 11:31 AM) [snapback]153735[/snapback]

Down Under schedule for 3ABN Rallys or Danny's Miracle Beg-a-thons:

Venues for 3ABN Rally 2006
Dates: October 28 to 31, 2006
Attending from 3ABN USA: Danny and Brandy Shelton, CA and Irma Murray
Attending from 3ABN Australia: John and Rosemary Malkiewycz

October 28, 2006
Sabbath School 9:00am, Divine Service 10:30am followed by fellowship lunch
Bunbury SDA Church - Cnr Vittoria and Woodley Roads, Glen Iris, Bunbury, Western Australia

5:00pm
Livingston SDA Church - Nicholson Road (adjacent Ranford Road), Canning Vale, Western Australia

October 29, 2006, 5:00pm
Wahroonga SDA Church - 183 Fox Valley Road, Wahroonga, New South Wales, Australia

October 30, 2006, 7:30pm
Lilydale SDA Church - 608 Hull Road, Lilydale, Victoria

October 31, 2006, 7:30pm
Ilam (pronounced eye-lam) SDA Church - 26 Ilam Road, Ilam, Christchurch, New Zealand

Info from 3ABN Australia: 3ABN Australia

This post has been edited by sister: Sep 26 2006, 01:00 PM

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Sep 26 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 27 2006, 04:54 AM) [snapback]153760[/snapback]

Down Under schedule for 3ABN Rallys or Danny's Miracle Beg-a-thons:

Venues for 3ABN Rally 2006
Dates: October 28 to 31, 2006
Attending from 3ABN USA: Danny and Brandy Shelton, CA and Irma Murray
Attending from 3ABN Australia: John and Rosemary Malkiewycz

October 28, 2006
Sabbath School 9:00am, Divine Service 10:30am followed by fellowship lunch
Bunbury SDA Church - Cnr Vittoria and Woodley Roads, Glen Iris, Bunbury, Western Australia

5:00pm
Livingston SDA Church - Nicholson Road (adjacent Ranford Road), Canning Vale, Western Australia

October 29, 2006, 5:00pm
Wahroonga SDA Church - 183 Fox Valley Road, Wahroonga, New South Wales, Australia

October 30, 2006, 7:30pm
Lilydale SDA Church - 608 Hull Road, Lilydale, Victoria

October 31, 2006, 7:30pm
Ilam (pronounced eye-lam) SDA Church - 26 Ilam Road, Ilam, Christchurch, New Zealand
Info from 3ABN Australia: 3ABN Australia

I find it interesting to look at where the meetings "Down Under" are being held. Bunbury, where the main Sabbath meeting is being held is a town a little way south of the capital of WA, Perth. The only meeting in Perth is an evening one.

The greatest concentration of SDAs in this country is in the Greater Sydney Conference and their only meeting in Sydney is on a Sunday night - albeit in one of the larger churches in the Conference.

There are many more SDAs in Auckland, in the North Island of NZ, than Christchurch in the South Island, which is the only NZ stop.

Just a comment, I am sure these locations have been chosen with reason.

+Quote Post
sister
post Sep 26 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #86

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Brenda @ Sep 26 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]153765[/snapback]

I find it interesting to look at where the meetings "Down Under" are being held. Bunbury, where the main Sabbath meeting is being held is a town a little way south of the capital of WA, Perth. The only meeting in Perth is an evening one.

The greatest concentration of SDAs in this country is in the Greater Sydney Conference and their only meeting in Sydney is on a Sunday night - albeit in one of the larger churches in the Conference.

There are many more SDAs in Auckland, in the North Island of NZ, than Christchurch in the South Island, which is the only NZ stop.

Just a comment, I am sure these locations have been chosen with reason.

Brenda,

Maybe you can get the word out to the Australian pastors about the info on BSDA concerning 3ABN, it might be an eye opener for them. Just a thought...

Sister

+Quote Post
justme
post Sep 26 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(justme @ Sep 26 2006, 10:23 AM) [snapback]153728[/snapback]

I just checked the Saturday night program. No mention of it.
Now I'll check the Sabbath AM meeting.
stay tuned

I didn't hear anythung about "Dan n Bran" going to Australia in MAP program #9 at church time Sabbath, not in MAP program #10. There was an early Sabbath morning program, of mostly music but I missed the opening 1/2 hour of it.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Sep 26 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

I think the 3ABN campmeeting could be very interesting. Stay tuned this weekend.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 26 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #89

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(paleface @ Sep 26 2006, 07:02 PM) [snapback]153745[/snapback]

Johann:
I have a cronic case of "Foot in Mouth Disease" and I am too dumb to back up when confronted! I am not called "Rubber Lips" for nothing. I shall continue to enlighten my fellow man who is interested in 3abn.

It takes courage when they call you names. Just stand for TRUTH. This is the only thing that counts in the long run!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Freedom
post Sep 26 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #90

Member No.: 1,913

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Sep 26 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]153842[/snapback]

I think the 3ABN campmeeting could be very interesting. Stay tuned this weekend.

Umm, okay so it's later in Oct. they're going to Australia.
At first I thought maybe they were going there instead of campmeeting and to escape the 3abn board meeting!
Unless the board meeting has been changed?

Are the areas in Australia they are visiting near Australia 3abn "camp"?

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church