Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11633&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:40:08 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Damage Control, Emails
PeacefulBe
post Dec 7 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #121

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Dec 7 2006, 04:34 PM) [snapback]162544[/snapback]

Aletheia is just asking questions, I don't think we need to accuse her of anything. When I was new to the 3abn saga I also was a skeptic of the misdeeds going on there so I asked questions as well. We need to be kind to each other.

My appologies Aletheia.

If you read enough over at Maritime you will see a letter from one of those molested. I don't think there can be much more proof than that.

Richard

I agree with you. We don't need to accuse Cindy of anything.

The letter from the young man who alleges he was molested is on this thread as well. If one carefully reads and considers the other information posted here as well, one will be hard pressed to remain skeptical that the allegations are anything but true.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 7 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #122

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(princessdi @ Dec 7 2006, 06:54 PM) [snapback]162545[/snapback]

hmmmmm I thought this was an Adventist board........ scratchchin.gif dunno.gif

There are 100's of boards on ****.. I'm not on all of them.

P.B.wrote:
" I find it a little hard to believe you have done so as yet when I read your most recent comments."
---------

You don't have to believe me, either I am a bold faced liar and didn't spend the last couple of days reading every single post having to do with 3ABN, even the ones I had already read months ago, or I told the truth.

I think perhaps we just have different ways of proving things, and different standards of judgment??

If I submit a story from your sister saying how you lied, and are involved in a conspiracy to destroy another, will all here believe that? What if I go find three more to expose you even more and bear their witness against you. Will you confess and repent? Will all here join in to condemn you?

---------------

And for those who apologised. Thank you, but it's not necessary.

~ Aletheia

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Jan 28 2007, 08:17 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 7 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #123

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Dec 7 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]162536[/snapback]

You are correct. However, a child molester/predator very often will "groom" the intended victim(s) in many ways in full view of all. Also, just the fact that a person is holding a place of authority builds a sense of trust in that person by those who are vulnerable.

Roger Clem, author of the scathing 2004 letter to Tommy, a letter which also implicates Danny and a 3ABN attorney in a cover up, told me that Tommy would pick out kids who were quiet, so they wouldn't tell on him, and who liked music.

Is that letter here? Anyone can copy it to over here who wants to.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 7 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #124

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Dec 7 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]162561[/snapback]

the scathing 2004 letter to Tommy...Is that letter here? Anyone can copy it to over here who wants to.

It's here somewhere, because I read it.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Dec 7 2006, 07:02 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Dec 7 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #125

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Chez
post Dec 7 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 7 2006, 08:01 PM) [snapback]162564[/snapback]

It's here somewhere, because I read it.

You read it. So, do you need the names and testimonies of all T. Shelton's victims or what? Isn't it enough that he allegedly molested one person, ruined one life, and still hasn't apologized for it? You stated earlier that you have first hand knowledge of the gravity of sexual assault [I'm paraphrasing]. Nevertheless, you still don't seem to believe the victims. [I find this utterly amazing. Victims and/or those acquainted with the pain that victims experience seem to have a little more empathy than the average "nonvictim".] Sometimes our "pop stars" disappoint us, but when they are wrong, they are just wrong. The fact that this young man came forth and allowed his name to be plastered all over the world as a victim of sexual abuse takes a lot of courage because he knows that he is going to experience extensive criticism and scrutiny.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 8 2006, 08:23 AM
Post #127

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Chez @ Dec 7 2006, 09:06 PM) [snapback]162574[/snapback]

You read it. So, do you need the names and testimonies of all T. Shelton's victims or what? Isn't it enough that he allegedly molested one person, ruined one life, and still hasn't apologized for it? You stated earlier that you have first hand knowledge of the gravity of sexual assault [I'm paraphrasing]. Nevertheless, you still don't seem to believe the victims. [I find this utterly amazing. Victims and/or those acquainted with the pain that victims experience seem to have a little more empathy than the average "nonvictim".] Sometimes our "pop stars" disappoint us, but when they are wrong, they are just wrong. The fact that this young man came forth and allowed his name to be plastered all over the world as a victim of sexual abuse takes a lot of courage because he knows that he is going to experience extensive criticism and scrutiny.

Spare me the emotional appeal, and cool your jets please. I'm not in a rush to judge one way or another, and won't, until I can see the facts and evidence and weigh both sides.

There is enough to investigate, there is not enough to render a verdict. I have said all along He may be guilty, he may not be.

As far as "victims" plural goes, you have one letter, from one alleged victim. So please stop acting like I'm ignoring all the alleged victims. I don't even know that there actually are any. Dryden claims that, but also doesn't supply anything concrete. I asked for specifics, which I could verify, and was accused of wanting to expose and plaster the names of the victims all over the internet.

Actually there is one letter purporting to be from one victim, with nothing to verify it's authenticity, or anything that is claimed.

Therefore I don't give it much weight, yet...

I'm sure it's not a revelation to anyone that the posts here and the accusations are all partial and one-sided, all being Linda's friends, and supporters. That's fine, they need to be heard, but they aren't the whole story. They claim there are reasons they can't even tell what they do know for the most part. So what are we left with? A group claiming "believe what I say, cause i said it" The whole attitude that comes across very loud is "if you aren't for us , you're against us"

I don't have time for the paranoia and suspician and accusations of those who have that attitude. Seems to me it's much easier to answer a question, then to be coy, mysterious and attack anyone who dares to ask you to prove what you say, or claim.

I'm nether for or against either Danny or Linda. I don't know them, nor do I know all the facts. I'm quite sure the lord does, and the truth will prevail. That's enough for me.

Regarding these child abuse allegations, many of the members of BlackSDA have in this very thread asked some very good questions, looking for answers, (P.B.'s post earlier comes to mind, and even Bob's post asking for specifics) unfortunately none of those questions have been answered.

My bible says, "
Prove all things, and hold fast that which is true"

If you all wanta continue attacking me for trying to do so. Go for it.

This is my last post on this thread, unless or until something new, concrete and verifiable is posted.

~ Aletheia

"That's all I have to say about that" " stupid is as stupid does" sadwalk.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sister
post Dec 8 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #128

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

Has anyone noticed that when Fallible Human Being is silent, someone new comes in with the same approach: give us the names! One brave soul has steped forward and given his name and made a statement, but is that enough for the questioner? Obivously not, then their next step is to try and discredit the testimony: how do I know this is genuine? And the cycle repeats itself on and on and on...

Lets refresh our memories again:

1. Pastor Dryden did not only make a statement, but supplied Walt Thompson with a list of victims and how they could be contacted, in 2003. The decision to do this was made in concert with his church board. Walt Thompson and the 3ABN board choose not to investigate.

2. Based solely upon the word of Danny Shelton, no investigation was made.

3. An individual, Bob, was not satisified with only second hand information concerning the allegations of molestation against Tommy Shelton, but choose to investigate the situation personally. He contacted both side of the issue and investigated the situation for himself. He has shared the process (emails, letters, phone calls) and the results of that process here.

4. Anyone who is interested can contact Walt Thompson, Danny Shelton and the 3ABN Board and ask their own questions in regard to this issue.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Dec 8 2006, 09:57 AM
Post #129

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 8 2006, 08:23 AM) [snapback]162597[/snapback]

I don't have time for the paranoia and suspician and accusations of those who have that attitude. Seems to me it's much easier to answer a question, then to be coy, mysterious and attack anyone who dares to ask you to prove what you say, or claim.

This is my last post on this thread, unless or until something new, concrete and verifiable is posted.

Well Ms Aletheia from the mid-west, none of us really know much about any of us (well, I know a few of the members personally). You have not been personally attacked, not by BSDA standards. Members have been stating their views/opinions and giving much or as little support for them as they want. Opinions are always welcome here. Nobody is compelled to respond to any direct or indirect questions.

You are welcome like everyone else to state your opinions and ask your questions, but do it without whining about being under attack or inviting others to as you call it “continue attacking you”. This is how flame wars get started and leads to off-topic personal attacks.

+Quote Post
Chez
post Dec 8 2006, 10:02 AM
Post #130

Advanced Member

[quote name='Aletheia' date='Dec 7 2006, 04:30 PM' post='162532']
Without my testimony, and the evidence there wasn't a case. [/quote]

How do we know that your testimony was credible? You are only one person. How do we know that the evidence was solid? Did "two or three" people witness this abuse simultaneously?

[/quote] What I expected was that the Adventist people who are supposed to love truth, and glorify God, would not say anything or make any accusations without, or until, they had the proof and evidence to back up their words..
Yeah it's disapointing. [/quote]

You must not be an Adventist. The above statement is applicable to Danny Shelton and his cronies who made "accusations without proof and evidence to back up their words". They trashed a woman (Linda Shelton) before the world. They had no credible evidence and have not produced it when asked. They've tried to create evidence, but not evidence that unequivocally states that Linda Shelton and Dr. Aril Abrahamsen committed adultery.

I'm sure that you have communicated that with Danny Shelton and his 3ABN Board and staff. It is disappointing when men and women "profess godliness, but deny the power thereof".

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Dec 8 2006, 10:41 AM
Post #131

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(calvin @ Dec 8 2006, 10:57 AM) [snapback]162603[/snapback]

Well Ms Aletheia from the mid-west, none of us really know much about any of us (well, I know a few of the members personally). You have not been personally attacked, not by BSDA standards. Members have been stating their views/opinions and giving much or as little support for them as they want. Opinions are always welcome here. Nobody is compelled to respond to any direct or indirect questions.

You are welcome like everyone else to state your opinions and ask your questions, but do it without whining about being under attack or inviting others to as you call it “continue attacking you”. This is how flame wars get started and leads to off-topic personal attacks.

snack.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Dec 8 2006, 10:45 AM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Dec 8 2006, 10:57 AM
Post #132

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

***CLINICAL HAT ON***

As long as there are no legal charges pending, there is nothing to prevent this, especially if the "alleged perpetrator" is not responsible for direct supervision of children.

***CLINICAL HAT OFF***

QUOTE(sister @ Dec 7 2006, 09:27 AM) [snapback]162477[/snapback]

The next 3ABN Rally:

3ABN LIVE Ralley: December 8-9, 2006
Please join Danny Shelton, Melody Firestone, Brenda Walsh, Tommy Shelton, C.A. Murray, Emily Felts-Jones, and Wintley Phipps for this special event!

Lauderhill Seventh day Adventist Church
4100 NW 11th Court
Lauderhill, FL 33313

Phone: 954-584-1734

December 8 7:00-8:30pm (Eastern) 6:00-7:30pm (Central) Friday Evening Program

December 9 9:30-10:45am (Eastern) 8:30-9:45am (Central)
Kids Time Sabbath School w/Brenda Walsh
11:00am-12:30pm (Eastern) 10:00-11:30pm (Central) Worship Service
2:30-4:00pm (Eastern) 1:30-3:00pm (Central) Afternoon Program

If you live in this area, this would be your opportunity to speak with Danny and Tommy personally and ask them some questions...

It is interesting to note that with all the allegations againt Tommy Shelton, Danny has him participating in a program that includes a "Kids Time" Sabbath School program. Is this wise?

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Dec 8 2006, 10:57 AM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 8 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #133

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Dec 8 2006, 10:57 AM) [snapback]162603[/snapback]

Well this is new... here comes the big guns...

I certaininly wasn't trying to be a whiner.. nor do I want cheese to go with that wine...

I guess I'll just wait and see what being attacked according to'BSDA Standards" is... and when a halt is put on that. Then I'll know what's allowed and not alowed here, and know how to post accordingly.

This should be interesting...

In the meantime can I again say again to those who felt it was necessary to apologise to me, it's not necessary? mention, I'm not a "webmaster for Danny wearing silk & sleeping on satin sheets having Danny stoke up the fireplace for me" ? point out that many people(even SDA's- and others on this forum) live in the midwest? and if "anyone noticed that when Fallible Human Being is silent, someone new comes in with the same approach: give us the names! .. then their next step is .. how do I know this is genuine? And the cycle repeats itself on and on and on... " am I allowed to say I DON"T KNOW HIM, and the LORD REBUKE YOU! I asked those same questions when I heard Linda was accused of adultery divorced, removed by 3ABN's board, and censored by her church???

For those of you with the popcorn and drinks, keep watching, either I'll be removed by the network, or this drama is going to play out. ???? for those with clinical and unbiased hats? Praise God! We need more of you!

And Calvin? I don't want a flame war. That's just not Christlike, neither is being partial...
I'm thinking you didn't really check this thread and my questions and points before responding to a complaint.

I believe you have a good website here and it shows your love for God's people and the truth, but sometimes we act and speak without considering all...

If I do so, don't hesitate to point that out. :-)

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Dec 8 2006, 01:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chez
post Dec 8 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #134

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 8 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]162622[/snapback]

Well this is new... here comes the big guns...

I certaininly wasn't trying to be a whiner.. nor do I want cheese to go with that wine...

I guess I'll just wait and see what being attacked according to'BSDA Standards" is... and when a halt is put on that. Then I'll know what's allowed and not alowed here, and know how to post accordingly.

This should be interesting...

In the meantime can I again say again to those who felt it was necessary to apologise to me, it's not necessary? mention, I'm not a "webmaster for Danny wearing silk & sleeping on satin sheets having Danny stoke up the fireplace for me" ? point out that many people(even SDA's- and others on this forum) live in the midwest? and if "anyone noticed that when Fallible Human Being is silent, someone new comes in with the same approach: give us the names! .. then their next step is .. how do I know this is genuine? And the cycle repeats itself on and on and on... " am I allowed to say I DON"T KNOW HIM, and the LORD REBUKE YOU! I asked those same questions when I heard Linda was accused of adultery divorced, removed by 3ABN's board, and censored by her church???
For those of you with the popcorn and drinks, keep watching, either I'll be removed by the network, or this drama is going to play out. ???? for those with clinical and unbiased hats? Praise God! We need more of you!

And Calvin? I don't want a flame war. That's just not Christlike, neither is being partial...
I'm thinking you didn't really check this thread and my questions and points before responding to a complaint.

I believe you have a good website here and it shows your love for God's people and the truth, but sometimes we act and speak without considering all...

If I do so, don't hesitate to point that out. :-)

Now don't you sound friendly, hospitable, and Christlike. huh.gif

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Dec 8 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #135

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Perhaps we should not get diverted into quarrels and stay on task here.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:40 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church