Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11633&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:40:04 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Damage Control, Emails
watchbird
post Dec 7 2006, 09:53 AM
Post #91

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(sister @ Dec 7 2006, 09:27 AM) [snapback]162477[/snapback]

The next 3ABN Rally:

3ABN LIVE Ralley: December 8-9, 2006
Please join Danny Shelton, Melody Firestone, Brenda Walsh, Tommy Shelton, C.A. Murray, Emily Felts-Jones, and Wintley Phipps for this special event!

Lauderhill Seventh day Adventist Church
4100 NW 11th Court
Lauderhill, FL 33313

Phone: 954-584-1734

December 8 7:00-8:30pm (Eastern) 6:00-7:30pm (Central) Friday Evening Program

December 9 9:30-10:45am (Eastern) 8:30-9:45am (Central)
Kids Time Sabbath School w/Brenda Walsh
11:00am-12:30pm (Eastern) 10:00-11:30pm (Central) Worship Service
2:30-4:00pm (Eastern) 1:30-3:00pm (Central) Afternoon Program

If you live in this area, this would be your opportunity to speak with Danny and Tommy personally and ask them some questions...

It is interesting to note that with all the allegations againt Tommy Shelton, Danny has him participating in a program that includes a "Kids Time" Sabbath School program. Is this wise?

[Emphasis to Wintley Phipps name above added by WB.]

As long as Wintley Phipps and others of his reputation are willing to join with the Shelton gang in their venues which open the minds and pocketbooks of the attendees.... allowing the one to be filled with false doctrine and the other emptied of its contents..... just so long will the charade continue.

That's the real tragedy of this lineup.... for it is highly unlikely that Tommy will do anything untoward in his public appearances. But the very fact that the Shelton gang is being joined by Wintley Phipps so as to attract his fans to mind-altering pocketbook-picking Game Time may put one more coat of "whitewash" on the House of Shelton facade.... but at what expense to himself.... that of losing his own image as being a man of integrity!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 7 2006, 09:56 AM
Post #92

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

It is interesting to note that with all the allegations againt Tommy Shelton, Danny has him participating in a program that includes a "Kids Time" Sabbath School program. Is this wise?

I would hope and pray we all know allegations can be made against anyone, and can be true or false,
and the bible says "Prove all things" and in the mouth of two or three witnesses" and even warns about gossip, slander, and evil surmising.

Certainly there are many allegations made against Linda, and yet I'm sure you would be the first to agree that is not proof of her guilt or sin.

In this case I don't even know what these allegations are, who's made them, or where when or how any of it took place.

With the exception of one name and letter here, from "one alleged victim" full of ire, but really no details, and heresay from a man who says "I heard" but also supplies no details, or concrete evidence.

There's enough to investigate but not enough to condemn anyone with.

Personally, I don't believe Tommy will molest the children right in front of a audience, nor do I think Danny has him as a children's teacher, or put him in charge of any children, or children's programs.

Correct me if I am wrong, please.

In His Grace,
Aletheia

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 7 2006, 10:10 AM
Post #93

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

No child molester, molests children in front of anyone. I am sure you know this. However, a major portion of pedophiles have been those who work with children. Thus, when they are caught the provisions that they are never alone or work with children.

Point is, until he is cleared of all allegations, precautions should be taken. It doesn't seem it has been settled one way or the other. He was just removed from the situation. If they are found to be untrue, he can go back to his duties with the children. If they are found to be true, however, they are opening themselves up another can of worms. People will not take kindly to their children being exposed to a child molester on or off camera.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 7 2006, 07:56 AM) [snapback]162484[/snapback]

Personally, I don't believe Tommy will molest the children right in front of a audience, nor do I think Danny has him as a children's teacher, or put him in charge of any children, or children's programs.

In His Grace,
Aletheia

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Chez
post Dec 7 2006, 11:00 AM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(princessdi @ Dec 7 2006, 11:10 AM) [snapback]162487[/snapback]

No child molester, molests children in front of anyone. I am sure you know this. However, a major portion of pedophiles have been those who work with children. Thus, when they are caught the provisions that they are never alone or work with children.

Point is, until he is cleared of all allegations, precautions should be taken. It doesn't seem it has been settled one way or the other. He was just removed from the situation. If they are found to be untrue, he can go back to his duties with the children. If they are found to be true, however, they are opening themselves up another can of worms. People will not take kindly to their children being exposed to a child molester on or off camera.

Amen!

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Dec 7 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #95

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 7 2006, 10:56 AM) [snapback]162484[/snapback]

I would hope and pray we all know allegations can be made against anyone, and can be true or false,
and the bible says "Prove all things" and in the mouth of two or three witnesses" and even warns about gossip, slander, and evil surmising.

Certainly there are many allegations made against Linda, and yet I'm sure you would be the first to agree that is not proof of her guilt or sin.

In this case I don't even know what these allegations are, who's made them, or where when or how any of it took place.

With the exception of one name and letter here, from "one alleged victim" full of ire, but really no details, and heresay from a man who says "I heard" but also supplies no details, or concrete evidence.

There's enough to investigate but not enough to condemn anyone with.

In His Grace,
Aletheia

You are not "wrong".... just still on a [steep] learning curve.

I'd suggest that you sign up for Maritime forum... http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/forums/...ds.php?ubb=cfrm . and ask the moderator/owner, Daryl Fawcett, for permission to access the Independent Ministries forum where 3abn issues have been being discussed for some months. On this issue they have more complete and consecutive information than has been given here.

The "two or three" number of first hand witnesses has been passed a long time ago. Not many have agreed to let their names be made public however.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Dec 7 2006, 11:33 AM
Post #96

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(watchbird @ Dec 7 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]162483[/snapback]

[Emphasis to Wintley Phipps name above added by WB.]

As long as Wintley Phipps and others of his reputation are willing to join with the Shelton gang in their venues which open the minds and pocketbooks of the attendees.... allowing the one to be filled with false doctrine and the other emptied of its contents..... just so long will the charade continue.

That's the real tragedy of this lineup.... for it is highly unlikely that Tommy will do anything untoward in his public appearances. But the very fact that the Shelton gang is being joined by Wintley Phipps so as to attract his fans to mind-altering pocketbook-picking Game Time may put one more coat of "whitewash" on the House of Shelton facade.... but at what expense to himself.... that of losing his own image as being a man of integrity!

It's possible that they believe that they can continue to bulldoze and steamroll their way through the Adventist congregations and do what they like.

3ABN may be independent and have no formal connections to the Adventist Church, but these lucrative 3ABN "rallies" depend on Adventist pastors giving 3ABN access to their elderly, senior citizens in the congregation.

Without a parasitic attachment IPB Image to a large fish, the lamprey cannot feed.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 7 2006, 11:35 AM
Post #97

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Dec 7 2006, 11:10 AM) [snapback]162487[/snapback]

Point is, until he is cleared of all allegations, precautions should be taken. It doesn't seem it has been settled one way or the other. He was just removed from the situation. If they are found to be untrue, he can go back to his duties witht he children. If they are found to be true, however, they are opening themselves up another can of worms. Peoplw will not take kindly to their children being exposed to a child molester on or off camera.

You and "amen" probably missed my questions. :-)

What are these recent allegations, and where can they be found? How can he be cleared if we don't even know there is anything to be cleared of? How can there be allegations if no one posts Who, what, where, when, why, and how? What are they?

I am not talking about this thing from 20 or however many years ago..

maybe you all know something I don't.

Let me clarify. I know none of the people involved. I have no bias except that the truth prevail, and that the glory go to God.

And I hate lies, the only way I know to avoid false witness is to prove all things.

~ Aletheia

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 7 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #98

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

I believe Watchbird provided a link where you can find more information on this subject.
QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 7 2006, 09:35 AM) [snapback]162495[/snapback]

What are these recent allegations, and where can they be found? How can he be cleared if we don't even know there is anything to be cleared of? How can there be allegations if no one posts Who, what, where, when, why, and how? What are they?

maybe you all know something I don't.

Let me clarify. I know none of the people involved. I have no bias except that the truth prevail, and that the glory go to God.

And I hate lies, the only way I know to avoid false witness is to prove all things.

~ Aletheia

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 7 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #99

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 7 2006, 11:35 AM) [snapback]162495[/snapback]

Check out the latest at http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/forums/...82082#Post82091

That's an allegation that has just surfaced recently. Like this year, in my understanding. The conduct would have occurred prior to his departure there about 2000.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 7 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #100

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Dec 7 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]162498[/snapback]

Check out the latest at http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/forums/...82082#Post82091

That's an allegation that has just surfaced recently. Like this year, in my understanding. The conduct would have occurred prior to his departure there about 2000.

Bob,

That's Here say. Insubmitable in every court of the land, surely God's people can do better then that!

Has anything been verified?
If so, what.

Have you talked to anybody who was there, a witness, a victim, a member of that Church that actually dealt with this at the time, anyone except the Johnny come lately Pastor?

If so, who?

Thanks,
Aletheia (Cindy)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 7 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #101

500 + posts
Group Icon

watchbird' date='Dec 7 2006, 12:22 PM' wrote:
"You are not "wrong".... just still on a [steep] learning curve."

yikes.gif

"I'd suggest that you sign up for Maritime forum... http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/forums/...ds.php?ubb=cfrm . and ask the moderator/owner, Daryl Fawcett, for permission to access the Independent Ministries forum where 3abn issues have been being discussed for some months. On this issue they have more complete and consecutive information than has been given here."

I'm already signed up and on that forum. smile.gif

"The "two or three" number of first hand witnesses has been passed a long time ago. Not many have agreed to let their names be made public however."

WOW! this is like pulling teeth. (How is it for you?)

Did these anonymous first hand witnesses say anything, anywhere?

Did they provide any evidence or anything tangible? Anything that I, or any other, can see or verify? Or is that all secret too?
notworking.gif

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Dec 7 2006, 12:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 7 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #102

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Dec 7 2006, 10:49 AM) [snapback]162482[/snapback]

Welcome Aletheia, hope your stay here is enjoyable and feel free to explore other areas of the forum besides the 3ABN section.... you will have fun we promise.... spoton.gif

Thank you very much. I'm having fun already. biggrin.gif

I would like to explore more here and hope to do so. I'm a little busy moderating and hosting on Beliefnet and Yahoo, so times a little short. Basically that's how I got here, following the trail...

So far I like the set up you have here. smile.gif

It's always good to find more of the brethren.

Blessings,
Cindy

P.S. I'm having problems with quoting posts, as in the code appears around the words, but they aren't enclosed in a quote box. Does that have something to do with my computer or ignorance, and is there something I might not be doing right? So far it works only half the time??? dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Dec 7 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #103

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

Readers Digest version....there are allegations both past and recent against Tommy Shelton being inappropriate with children.... some of the past allegations were handled in a "hush hush" fashion and in one case lawyers associated with 3abn appeared to put pressure on one of the victims not to report....

In a nutshell Tommy Shelton appears to still have a problem with this issue, yet was hired by his brother and is working at 3abn around children..... There has been an attempt by some to cover up the true nature of T. Shelton's problem.... that is how it impacts the 3abn saga....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 7 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #104

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Dec 7 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]162509[/snapback]

Readers Digest version....there are allegations both past and recent against Tommy Shelton being inappropriate with children.... some of the past allegations were handled in a "hush hush" fashion

This I understand., having read all. I am trying to figure out, if anyone but Glen Dryden has said this, as far as the recent allegations go, and how do we know it's the truth? He wasn't even around when any of this happened, if it wasn't for him, and Bob talking to him. What else do we have to go on?

and in one case lawyers associated with 3abn appeared to put pressure on one of the victims not to report....

A victim? I do know that after Pastor Dryden persisted a Lawyer from 3ABN contacted him regarding slander.

It seems to me if this Pastor can prove what he claims, that lawyer, and 3ABN have egg on their face.

~ Aletheia

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Dec 7 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #105

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 7 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]162511[/snapback]

This I understand., having read all. I am trying to figure out, if anyone but Glen Dryden has said this, as far as the recent allegations go, and how do we know it's the truth? He wasn't even around when any of this happened, if it wasn't for him, and Bob talking to him. What else do we have to go on?
A victim? I do know that after Pastor Dryden persisted a Lawyer from 3ABN contacted him regarding slander.

It seems to me if this Pastor can prove what he claims, that lawyer, and 3ABN have egg on their face.

~ Aletheia

there are actual people making actual allegations... and its more than egg on their face.... the supplemental info in this thread and some of the others is the "proof." T. Shelton having to resign from positions because of his "problem." Keep reading...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:40 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church