Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11834&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:48:04 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disgust!, disgusted by the smear in this site
Uncle Sam
post Dec 20 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,650

QUOTE(Joy N @ Dec 20 2006, 11:53 AM) [snapback]164470[/snapback]

I'm glad you brought that up Sam. It stands to reason that Danny AND Linda worked hard at continuous employment for the past 22 years for Danny and 20 years for Linda. What you see is what they been able to aquire in those years.
Suppose that you and your wife, worked at a coal mine Company for 20- 22 years... both of you... with an income of say... $49,000 per year. Don't you think that in 20-22 years.. with you both working... that you would be able to have bought a new home and drive late model cars?

I would think so.

The other workers that you are talking about... many have been kind of transitory workers... not staying for very long in any one place. It make since to me that they would not live as Danny and Linda. Most came there with hardly nothing. If they had something... they bought a nice place or rented one .. just like Pastor Lomacang. He is an ordained ministered which means that he has been working for years... he should have something to show...
Hope that helps.

Joy

I understand the issue of people coming there with money but, the housing I am talking about belonged to 3ABN. I have stayed in some of the apartments and they were nice. Than I saw where one of the employees lived which I was surprised that 3ABN owned it...I am not saying that Danny souldn't have nice things but I do believe the employees should be above poverty level. My spouse works for a company owned by SDAs and they make sure their employees are taken care of, now if the employees don't know how to handle the money there is not much the boss can do.

When I saw where this employee lived it gave some credibility to some of this that I have read here...Like I said I would expect more from a Christian busness.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joy N
post Dec 20 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #77

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,699

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Dec 20 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]164467[/snapback]

How do you know?

On what basis can you definitively state that it never happened before... ever... at any time under any circumstances... or that such words have never again proceeded from that person?

Had you spent all day, every day with this person for his entire life up to the point where that profanity laden tirade occurred? Have you spent all day, every day, with him since, constantly monitoring his every statement or utterance?

If the answer to either is "NO"... and I'd wager that the answer to both is "NO"... then the best you can attest to is that this person has not done so in your presence, within the range of your ability to hear...

But your not having heard his doing it is not nearly the same as his not having done it at all.

In His service,
Mr. J

You are absolutely correct... I have not been in his presents day and night. I just meant that the problem has not cropped up again at work. Sorry

Joy

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 20 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #78

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Joy, I can understand about working for 20 years, and accumulated things, even luxuries(my only red flag in this area was the private jet). However, transitory or not, the workers may not live like Danny, and Brandy at this point, but there still should be "decent" housing. As 3ABN promotes themselves as a leading (SDA)Christian organization, such inequalities should be none existant. it should not be the case that Danny passes housing for his employees that are barely livable to go to his own luxurious home. Modest, I can understand, but fromt he outside it should not be iommediately recignizable that they housing of any employee is less than any of us require for ourselves, especially Danny. As these folks have heeded the call to servce God at 3ABN.

BTW, Joy, Welcome to BSDA. I am sure we will get an "interesting" perspectives on things at 3ABN.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 20 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #79

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Observer @ Dec 20 2006, 05:45 AM) [snapback]164359[/snapback]

You tell us that Linda signed an agreement that contained an arbitration clause, and you asked why she did not comply with the provisions of such an agreement. If you take that agreement to a competent attorney, you will quickly be informed as to why that never happened.

First it contained clauses that would never be enforced by a U.S. court.

Second, that agreement is deficient in the meeting a legal requirement for enforcement that mandates that Linda was fully informed in regard to the implications of what she was signing. You may respond that it was incumbent upon her attorney to inform her of the full implications of what she signed, and of the legal rights that she was giving up. In litigation, such a defense is commonly rejected. In order to be enforced in a court of law, that agreement should have laid out in detail the legal rights that she had, and was giving up. It should have warned her of the implications of giving up such rights, in detail.

In short, if you take that agreement to a competent attorney, you will be told that is is subject to challenge in a number of areas. U.S. law commonly does not require that people who sign legal agreements be held to the terms of those agreements if they have not understood them.

Again you are just rendering legal opinions and judgments without support. I'm one of those who doesn't buy the claim Linda makes that she wasn't allowed to let a lawyer look at the agreement before she signed. She is a free woman, and that is her right.

It seems like a standard separation agreement between and Employer and Employee to me, except

1. ) that any dispute about ANY OF THE TERMS of the agreement EVEN AFTER it is signed are not to be taken up in a civil court of law, but instead are to be resolved with Binding Christian Arbitration, clause 7

That probably isn't how a civil court would handle it, or a non-Christian lawyer would advise, but as A Seventh-day Adventist Christian, I believe that is in accord with how Christians are to settle legal disputes or arguments, and entirely biblical. I also believe how the Panel was to be picked was as fair as is humanly possible.

1 Cor 6:
1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.

EGW has a mouthful to say about this...

and 2. Being that the Sheltons were married, it makes specific reference to the fact that nothing in it or the so called "gag order" has anything to do with the divorce, which does by law have to be done in a civil court, and specifically states that the money she is to receive is her personal property and not marital property.

It does not in fact say Linda can't defend herself against accusations of adultery, which have to do with her marriage, and her husband. She is just not to speak against him as an employee or about 3ABN in order to not destroy the ministry.

People talk about the separation agreement between 3ABN and Linda Shelton alot, but I can't seem to find it posted anywhere except on her website. http://www.lindashelton.org/contract.html I wonder if all the people referring to it, and protesting about it and offering it as an excuse for saying things they claim they aren''t allowed to prove, even know what it says? Going by what you posted above, it really doesn't look like you've read it.

If I can figure out how to post it, here I will try to do that next.

~ Aletheia

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 20 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #80

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Dec 20 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]164487[/snapback]

from the outside it should not be iommediately recignizable that they housing of any employee is less than any of us require for ourselves,

I don't know about that, I've been a single Mom and lived in some seriously sad places, one my boys called "the bomb shelter" but it contained our things and our love and was home sweet home to us, till we could move our home elsewhere.

Now all of 3ABN management are like Simon Legree? whip.gif: for certainly the whole board, at the least, has to be complicit in this? fear.gif

TVsnack.gif

Everything is always so dramatic here. Even this sounds like a European Novel from the dark ages, or the new form of slavery that was perpetrated on others after the old kind was outlawed in the South following the American civil war.

Are the 3ABN employees serfs, or sharecroppers and not able to leave the land and live or rent elsewhere? I am very curious here, and wondering does anybody have pictures of these hovels and (or) tar paper shacks??

~ Aletheia

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 20 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #81

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 20 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]164495[/snapback]

People talk about the separation agreement between 3ABN and Linda Shelton alot, but I can't seem to find it posted anywhere except on her website. http://www.lindashelton.org/contract.html I wonder if all the people referring to it, and protesting about it and offering it as an excuse for saying things they claim they aren''t allowed to prove, even know what it says? Going by what you posted above, it really doesn't look like you've read it.

If I can figure out how to post it, here I will try to do that next.

~ Aletheia

Here you go:IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Dec 20 2006, 02:47 PM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Dec 20 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #82

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Joy N @ Dec 20 2006, 12:53 PM) [snapback]164470[/snapback]

If they had something... they bought a nice place or rented one .. just like Pastor Lomacang. He is an ordained ministered which means that he has been working for years... he should have something to show...
Hope that helps.

Joy

This refers to the phrase "just like Pastor Lomacang."

Remember that Pastor Lomacang is an employee of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, not 3ABN.

We understand that Danny reimburses the Illinois Conference for half of Lomacang's salary, so Lomacang has the salary and perks of the Adventist pastors that come through the Conference, as well as the Conference retirement system.

However, Pastor Lomacang's wife does work at 3ABN, and will benefit from the Adventist Church retirement system when her husband eventually retires.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 20 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #83

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Aletheia,

You might really want to take the time to read the wealth of information with the 3ABN forum. This document was posted here months ago, if not longer.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 20 2006, 12:35 PM) [snapback]164501[/snapback]

Here you go:

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 20 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #84

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 20 2006, 04:01 PM) [snapback]164400[/snapback]

I do know about that. It was a "get together" of close family friends.... the house was so full of people... including the ordained SDA pastor Lomacang and his wife.. Angie that people had to eat in the living room because there wasn't enough room in the kitchen and dining room. This wasn't inappropriate at all... it wasn't a private party of Danny and Brenda as it is portrayed to be. As far as where was Linda?... She was off on one of her 3 day adventures... Yes, she didn't care enough for Danny to stay home that day to be part of ... his birthday ..

Joe

You say that you know. I was also in contact with Linda at that time, and she was home. She was not on any such 3 day adventure as you insist. She was very much surprised that she was not permitted to be in on that party. I know because I talked to her then.

You talk about that party as if you were there. Were you told that Linda had gone somewhere else, or did you verify yourself that she had disappeared, as you say? Are you merely quoting 2nd or 3rd hand evidence? Evil gossip?

On another occasion Danny grabbed the phone from her when she was talking to me. He probably denies it now, but he certainly sounded so angry that I could easily understand why she diappeared for a couple of days to stay with her daughter. Did you witness when he grabbed the phone from her? Or did he tell you she had been talking to her boyfriend? More second hand gossip?

This post has been edited by Johann: Dec 20 2006, 02:56 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Dec 20 2006, 02:56 PM
Post #85

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Thank you for sharing this...it clarifies many things for me. yes.gif

In reading item #6, does this Forum then represent a breech in the agreement that was signed?

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 20 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]164501[/snapback]

Here you go:IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 20 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #86

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Dec 20 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]164503[/snapback]

Aletheia,

You might really want to take the time to read the wealth of information with the 3ABN forum. This document was posted here months ago, if not longer.

Certainly, I have no objection to that, I've tried to do so, and have also done alot of searchiiing, but couldn't find it, I was hoping to post there rather then here regarding mr matthews disagreement with me..

There's lots here, so I am sure there has to be things I've missed.

Can you maybe supply a link to it?

Thanks, smile.gif
Aletheia

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 20 2006, 03:06 PM
Post #87

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 20 2006, 10:35 PM) [snapback]164501[/snapback]

Did you read it yourself, Aletheia? I have read it many times. I know that people at 3ABN have threatened Linda on occasions that she is not abiding by that contract because of information I have given from my own experience. Danny has even threatened me that I was hurting Linda, and that he was considering not honoring this contract with Linda because I was proclaiming ALETHEIA - the truth of what we experienced!

This post has been edited by Johann: Dec 20 2006, 03:12 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 20 2006, 03:09 PM
Post #88

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Are they paid enough to leave the land and live else where? Also, that does not take the responsibility from 3ABN to provide "decent" housing, if they are offering housing to their employee. That is not dramatic, just common courtesy to provide others with nothing less than you would accept for yourself. I don't know if the housing is part of their salary package or what, but I know a house can be modest, clean, and in good repair. Nobody said anything about luxurious, just decent. You did not hear me bashing Danny or PL for their standard of living, I thought in that respect Joy has a point. However, a slum lord is a slum lord whether in the inner city NYC, SF, or T'ville. I am sure it would not take that much for Danny to buy some cans a paint and hire a maintenance person to make sure employee housing he is offereing is livable.

I am really troubled that your response was that they should just go somewhere else. As a single mom you should remember that you were in the "bomb shelter" because you had no other choice, and when you could do better you did.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 20 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]164498[/snapback]

I don't know about that, I've been a single Mom and lived in some seriously sad places, one my boys called "the bomb shelter" but it contained our things and our love and was home sweet home to us, till we could move our home elsewhere.

Now all of 3ABN management are like Simon Legree? whip.gif: for certainly the whole board, at the least, has to be complicit in this? fear.gif

TVsnack.gif

Everything is always so dramatic here. Even this sounds like a European Novel from the dark ages, or the new form of slavery that was perpetrated on others after the old kind was outlawed in the South following the American civil war.

Are the 3ABN employees serfs, or sharecroppers and not able to leave the land and live or rent elsewhere? I am very curious here, and wondering does anybody have pictures of these hovels and (or) tar paper shacks??

~ Aletheia

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Dec 20 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #89

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

And again, I ask:

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Dec 20 2006, 03:56 PM) [snapback]164506[/snapback]

Thank you for sharing this...it clarifies many things for me. yes.gif
In reading item #6, does this Forum then represent a breech in the agreement that was signed?

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 20 2006, 03:42 PM
Post #90

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Apparently, not. I am thinking that if Danny thought he could recoup what he has paid her so far on that stipulation, he would have, in spades. Plus, I am not sure how the last part of that about her friends is enforceable. That is an agreement between 3ABN and Linda, no friends signed off on it. Once again, I think if it was enforceable, Danny would definitely be enforcing it now.

Now, I don't know Aletheia's purpose for posting this, but re reading this again(as I read it at least four times the first time I saw it. Could NOT believe girlfriend signed that thing. Wait! that a Christian organization would even produce such a document, and then what would make her sign it.), it makes 3ABN look even worse. They were not only trying to control Linda, but anyone calling themselves her friends. If they have all this truth and evidence on their side, they would first want to produce it (something they have not done within the past 2 1/2 years), and then why would they be worried about what her friends would have to say? Then why knowing that Linda had signed such an agreement did Danny not show her the at least the same respect? He is yet and still making inferences to her being "seduced" on the internet, etc., whatever....each and every time he finds opportunity on national TV.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Dec 20 2006, 01:10 PM) [snapback]164511[/snapback]

And again, I ask:

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church