Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11834&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:48:02 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disgust!, disgusted by the smear in this site
PeacefulBe
post Dec 19 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

While this selection of quotes from a Review and Herald article is somewhat lengthy, I think they show just how important speaking out against evil doing is. The quotes are in response to a visit to a church service in Fresno, California just after Ellen White visited my great-great-grandfather, James Driver, on his deathbed.

“The messengers, as the ambassadors of God, must bear a living testimony to rebuke sin, which will cut through the soul, whether men will hear, or whether they will forbear. There are many who close their eyes that they may not see, and their ears that they may not hear. They think that there has been a mistake made, that all these plain, pointed testimonies cannot come from God, but are from human agencies alone. They wrap themselves up in their self-righteousness, and fight every inch of the way, that they may stand where they imagine they should stand,--in defiance of the warnings of God's servants. They cling with desperate grasp to the garments of their own self-righteousness, lest they should be torn away from them. {RH, July 3, 1888 par. 5}

What shall we do? Shall we bear the message God gives us, or shall we refrain, for fear of offending our brethren? as God's messengers, we can not falter in the path of duty. Impelled by the Spirit of God, words are spoken, warnings and counsels are given. All unexpectedly the lips were opened, and there was no refraining from speaking the message of God. Reproofs were uttered that we would naturally shrink from giving. A zeal, prompted by the Spirit of God, led us to declare the dangers that threatened the children of God. The servant of the Lord must pursue his work, losing sight of self, without thought of the consequences, exhorting to faithfulness, and urging to repentance. He must show the people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins. The Lord has given the word; who can forbear to publish it? The love of Christ has a constraining power; who shall withstand its influence? It is the greatest evidence that God loves his people, that he sends them messages of warning. {RH, July 3, 1888 par. 7}

Will these souls who have a knowledge of the truth, detest sin in themselves, as they consider how Jesus suffered to save them from its penalty, and to cleanse them from all iniquity? If we would be happy and consistent Christians, we must be watchful. It is not enough that we do not willfully run into apparent and decided dangers, but we must keep our souls to the rays of light that are shining from Jesus, that we may not walk in darkness. We must be quick to distinguish between error and perversity, between obedience and truth. We must be ready to resist hasty and unexpected attacks. Will the church at Fresno cherish the light? Will the professed servants of God walk in the light? or will they choose to walk in the sparks of their own kindling? Said Christ, "Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you." Let us all pray that our eyes may be anointed with divine eyesalve, that we may no longer walk in darkness and uncertainty, but in the light which God has flashed athwart our pathway. {RH, July 3, 1888 par. 10}

There is need of watchmen on the walls of Zion, who will not hold their peace day or night. They should look to God, and free themselves from every earthly entanglement, that they may have power with God, and influence with the people. There is constant danger of the church's becoming cold, and conforming to the habits and practices of the world. Christians are not watchful. They yield to the baleful influences that surround them. They are led captive by Satan at his will. Unless the people of God watch and pray, spirituality will go out of the heart as water out of a leaky vessel. From the watch-tower of Zion, let us sound a note of alarm. I have wept in secret places over the existing difficulties in the church of Christ. Many are thoughtless, and they disregard the warnings that have been given, and their feet stumble on the dark mountains of unbelief. I have passed many sleepless hours at night, offering prayer to God, crying, "Spare thy people, O Lord, and give not thine heritage to reproach. . . .Wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?" When souls in the darkness of error shall call, "Watchman, what of the night?" is there one who sees with heaven-inspired accuracy, the dangers that threaten the souls of men? Can they answer with firm faith, "The morning cometh, and also the night"? {RH, July 3, 1888 par. 12}”

This article clearly shows that it is the duty of every servant of the Lord to exhort to faithfulness and urge to repentance. This is far from gossip.

To read the whole Review and Herald article you can click on the link below.

http://egwdatabase.whiteestate.org/nxt/gat...036;vid=default

Joe, I’d like to remind you that the EGW quote posted earlier by Lee was speaking of “faults of minor consequence” that gossip had made “appear like grave sins.” I am reposting this quote below to enable you to read it carefully and weigh the differences between her clear call to a duty to warn as opposed to her exhortation against gossip.

5 T p. 51-53: "I wish my position to be clearly understood. I have no sympathy with the course that has been pursued toward Bro. -------. The enemy has encouraged feelings of hatred in the hearts of many. The errors committed by him have been reported from one person to another, constantly growing in magnitude, as busy, gossiping tongues added fuel to the fire....Some have taken advantage of this, and faults of minor consequence have been made to appear like grave sins."

(any bolding of quotes provided by me)

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
calvin
post Dec 19 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #62

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Clay @ Dec 19 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]164324[/snapback]

Then tell us Joe in the divorce settlement why Linda didn't get half of the marital assets? Twisted info? such as?

Maybe she should have had a better divorce attorney. Divorces are negotiable. And you know the terms of the divorce to determine Linda did not get a fair settlement?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 20 2006, 03:43 AM
Post #63

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

Mr. Joe Smith,

Since you know the Sheltons so well, perhaps you can help clear up some questions I have. Danny and others claim that he has paid off Linda's car a long time ago. Can you tell me why the bank still retains the title to the car, and also why Linda has been making the payments on this car, and still is?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Observer
post Dec 20 2006, 04:45 AM
Post #64

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

Re: "Guam has community property laws so all settlements there are supposed to be equal."

Alethia, just about every time you open your mouth on a question of law you demonstrate that you do not understand the law.

States with Community Property laws do not require that "all settlements" be equal.

First, they only require that marital property be equally divided. They all do not require that property that is not marital property be equally divided. They all allow such property to remain with one of the parties to the divorce.

Second, all community property states require a full disclosure of property, so that the Court can determine what property is marital property, and what is not marital property. You will not find that such was done in the Shelton divorce. Due to this requirement of full disclosure, litigation following the divorce may take place either because no such disclosure was done at the time of the divorce, or that it was fraudulently done. There are also other reasons under which future litigation may take place.

Third, yes, Guam has a community property law. But, the law in effect at the time of the Shelton divorce did not require that property issues and child support issues be settled in order to obtain a divorce. The law in Guam clearly allowed for a divorce to be granted, with such issues to be settled by courts in other venues.

As applied to Guam, an uncontested divorce only means that the parties did not contest the dissolution of the legal marriage. It does not mean that all issues of property, and other issues, be agreed upon, and settled.

You tell us that Linda signed an agreement that contained an arbitration clause, and you asked why she did not comply with the provisions of such an agreement. If you take that agreement to a competent attorney, you will quickly be informed as to why that never happened.

First it contained clauses that would never be enforced by a U.S. court.

Second, that agreement is deficient in the meeting a legal requirement for enforcement that mandates that Linda was fully informed in regard to the implications of what she was signing. You may respond that it was incumbent upon her attorney to inform her of the full implications of what she signed, and of the legal rights that she was giving up. In litigation, such a defense is commonly rejected. In order to be enforced in a court of law, that agreement should have laid out in detail the legal rights that she had, and was giving up. It should have warned her of the implications of giving up such rights, in detail.

In short, if you take that agreement to a competent attorney, you will be told that is is subject to challenge in a number of areas. U.S. law commonly does not require that people who sign legal agreements be held to the terms of those agreements if they have not understood them.

A case in point: I was once asked to sign a legal agreement written in a language other than English, and in a language that I did not read. Yes I was given an English translation. But, the document clearly stated that the English translation was not binding, and that the binding document would be the one written in the other language. I correctly forced a binding English document upon the other party.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Joe Smith
post Dec 20 2006, 08:01 AM
Post #65

Group:
QUOTE(Johann @ Dec 19 2006, 03:51 AM) [snapback]164161[/snapback]

Tell me, "Joe Smith", since you are so close to the other Sheltons, were you also present at the birthday party Brenda held for Danny Shelton in 2004? Even though Linda was still Danny's wife, she was not invited to the party. Do you know why?

I do know about that. It was a "get together" of close family friends.... the house was so full of people... including the ordained SDA pastor Lomacang and his wife.. Angie that people had to eat in the living room because there wasn't enough room in the kitchen and dining room. This wasn't inappropriate at all... it wasn't a private party of Danny and Brenda as it is portrayed to be. As far as where was Linda?... She was off on one of her 3 day adventures... Yes, she didn't care enough for Danny to stay home that day to be part of ... his birthday ..

Joe

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Dec 19 2006, 10:08 PM) [snapback]164332[/snapback]

While this selection of quotes from a Review and Herald article is somewhat lengthy, I think they show just how important speaking out against evil doing is. The quotes are in response to a visit to a church service in Fresno, California just after Ellen White visited my great-great-grandfather, James Driver, on his deathbed.

“The messengers, as the ambassadors of God, must bear a living testimony to rebuke sin, which will cut through the soul, whether men will hear, or whether they will forbear. There are many who close their eyes that they may not see, and their ears that they may not hear. They think that there has been a mistake made, that all these plain, pointed testimonies cannot come from God, but are from human agencies alone. They wrap themselves up in their self-righteousness, and fight every inch of the way, that they may stand where they imagine they should stand,--in defiance of the warnings of God's servants. They cling with desperate grasp to the garments of their own self-righteousness, lest they should be torn away from them. {RH, July 3, 1888 par. 5}

What shall we do? Shall we bear the message God gives us, or shall we refrain, for fear of offending our brethren? as God's messengers, we can not falter in the path of duty. Impelled by the Spirit of God, words are spoken, warnings and counsels are given. All unexpectedly the lips were opened, and there was no refraining from speaking the message of God. Reproofs were uttered that we would naturally shrink from giving. A zeal, prompted by the Spirit of God, led us to declare the dangers that threatened the children of God. The servant of the Lord must pursue his work, losing sight of self, without thought of the consequences, exhorting to faithfulness, and urging to repentance. He must show the people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins. The Lord has given the word; who can forbear to publish it? The love of Christ has a constraining power; who shall withstand its influence? It is the greatest evidence that God loves his people, that he sends them messages of warning. {RH, July 3, 1888 par. 7}

Will these souls who have a knowledge of the truth, detest sin in themselves, as they consider how Jesus suffered to save them from its penalty, and to cleanse them from all iniquity? If we would be happy and consistent Christians, we must be watchful. It is not enough that we do not willfully run into apparent and decided dangers, but we must keep our souls to the rays of light that are shining from Jesus, that we may not walk in darkness. We must be quick to distinguish between error and perversity, between obedience and truth. We must be ready to resist hasty and unexpected attacks. Will the church at Fresno cherish the light? Will the professed servants of God walk in the light? or will they choose to walk in the sparks of their own kindling? Said Christ, "Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you." Let us all pray that our eyes may be anointed with divine eyesalve, that we may no longer walk in darkness and uncertainty, but in the light which God has flashed athwart our pathway. {RH, July 3, 1888 par. 10}

There is need of watchmen on the walls of Zion, who will not hold their peace day or night. They should look to God, and free themselves from every earthly entanglement, that they may have power with God, and influence with the people. There is constant danger of the church's becoming cold, and conforming to the habits and practices of the world. Christians are not watchful. They yield to the baleful influences that surround them. They are led captive by Satan at his will. Unless the people of God watch and pray, spirituality will go out of the heart as water out of a leaky vessel. From the watch-tower of Zion, let us sound a note of alarm. I have wept in secret places over the existing difficulties in the church of Christ. Many are thoughtless, and they disregard the warnings that have been given, and their feet stumble on the dark mountains of unbelief. I have passed many sleepless hours at night, offering prayer to God, crying, "Spare thy people, O Lord, and give not thine heritage to reproach. . . .Wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?" When souls in the darkness of error shall call, "Watchman, what of the night?" is there one who sees with heaven-inspired accuracy, the dangers that threaten the souls of men? Can they answer with firm faith, "The morning cometh, and also the night"? {RH, July 3, 1888 par. 12}”
This article clearly shows that it is the duty of every servant of the Lord to exhort to faithfulness and urge to repentance. This is far from gossip.

To read the whole Review and Herald article you can click on the link below.

http://egwdatabase.whiteestate.org/nxt/gat...036;vid=default
Joe, I’d like to remind you that the EGW quote posted earlier by Lee was speaking of “faults of minor consequence” that gossip had made “appear like grave sins.” I am reposting this quote below to enable you to read it carefully and weigh the differences between her clear call to a duty to warn as opposed to her exhortation against gossip.

5 T p. 51-53: "I wish my position to be clearly understood. I have no sympathy with the course that has been pursued toward Bro. -------. The enemy has encouraged feelings of hatred in the hearts of many. The errors committed by him have been reported from one person to another, constantly growing in magnitude, as busy, gossiping tongues added fuel to the fire....Some have taken advantage of this, and faults of minor consequence have been made to appear like grave sins."

(any bolding of quotes provided by me)

I thank you for the clarification... I think you are right. We need watchman on the wall. However, we must be ABSOLUTELY SURE... that we have ALL the facts correct when we "sound the Alarm".. Just who the offending party is. I don't think we can every sort out ALL the truth and errors.
I'm glad that God will be the Judge.

Joe

QUOTE(Johann @ Dec 20 2006, 03:43 AM) [snapback]164354[/snapback]

Mr. Joe Smith,

Since you know the Sheltons so well, perhaps you can help clear up some questions I have. Danny and others claim that he has paid off Linda's car a long time ago. Can you tell me why the bank still retains the title to the car, and also why Linda has been making the payments on this car, and still is?

About this matter... I have no information.

Joe

+Quote Post
Chez
post Dec 20 2006, 09:57 AM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 20 2006, 09:01 AM) [snapback]164400[/snapback]

I do know about that. It was a "get together" of close family friends.... the house was so full of people... including the ordained SDA pastor Lomacang and his wife.. Angie that people had to eat in the living room because there wasn't enough room in the kitchen and dining room. This wasn't inappropriate at all... it wasn't a private party of Danny and Brenda as it is portrayed to be. As far as where was Linda?... She was off on one of her 3 day adventures... Yes, she didn't care enough for Danny to stay home that day to be part of ... his birthday ..

Joe
About this matter... I have no information.

Joe

Joe, did Brandy attend the party? When was the party held? Was Linda invited to the party? Was Brenda's husband there? Oh by the way, when is Danny's birthday?

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 20 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #67

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

Alethia, just about every time you open your mouth on a question of law you demonstrate that you do not understand the law.

Why do I have to wear the dunce cap everytime you disagree with me just about everytime I open my mouth? Can't we at least take turns?

Something to consider: The reason I don't just accept what you say, is that so far, everytime I've asked you to prove what you claim, you don't do so. I'm trying to be patient, but why do you just keep repeating the same arguments without supplying any facts or evidence to support them.

States with Community Property laws do not require that "all settlements" be equal...they only require that marital property be equally divided.

Yes. That"s what was being asked about, and that's all I was responding to.

Clay:
Then tell us Joe in the divorce settlement why Linda didn't get half of the marital assets?

Aletheia:
"Guam has community property laws so all settlements there are supposed to be equal."

yes, Guam has a community property law. But, the law in effect at the time of the Shelton divorce did not require that property issues and child support issues be settled in order to obtain a divorce. The law in Guam clearly allowed for a divorce to be granted, with such issues to be settled by courts in other venues.

That is the same law in effect now. That type of divorce is called a "contested divorce". as I have quoted to you 3 times now.(it is included again below), The only change in the Guam law is that now if 2 non-residents wish to get a "uncontested divorce" in Guam, one of them has to be there seven days before filing, that wasn't required for the last 20 years. That is also stated in the news article which you yourself supplied when arguing about a change in the law...

But regardless the bottom line and the facts are that the Sheltons did NOT do as you say.. There was a marital property settlement included in their "uncontested divorce" which they both agreed to and signed.

Now answer plainly please so everyone can see what you are actually saying, instead of burying me in all these fascitious arguments.

Did Danny and Linda Shelton receive a uncontested divorce which included a settlement for division of marital property, and designate what was personal property apart from this to be retained by each, in Guam of June 2004?

YES______ NO________

As applied to Guam, an uncontested divorce only means that the parties did not contest the dissolution of the legal marriage. It does not mean that all issues of property, and other issues, be agreed upon, and settled.

Wrong. I asked you to cite this law (or anything)calling such an uncontested divorce and you have yet to do so. Repeating your opinions as you keep doing doesn't prove anything.

I on the other hand, have posted this three times now from the link to Guam laws at www.guamdivorces.com, what don't you understand about it?
Contested Divorce for Non Residents.
http://expatdivorces.com/contested_divorce.htm
"Contested Divorces. A contested divorce is where the parties are not in agreement as to how custody or support should be set, or how the property should be divided."

Here is more:
Guam was ceded to the United States as a territory in accordance with the provisions of the Treaty of Peace with Spain , signed at Paris , December 10, 1898 , and proclaimed April 11, 1899 . 48 U.S.C.A. § 1421. The are under U.S. law
and have the same leagl definitions we do.

28 U.S.C.A. § 1738 states:
"The records and judicial proceedings of any court of any such State, Territory or Possession, or copies thereof, shall be proved or admitted in other courts within the United States and its Territories and Possessions by the attestation of the clerk and seal of the court annexed, if a seal exists, together with a certificate of a judge of the court that the said attestation is in proper form."

"Such Acts, records and judicial proceedings or copies thereof, so authenticated, shall have the same full faith and credit in every court within the United States and its Territories and Possessions as they have by law or usage in the courts of such State, Territory or Possession from which they are taken. June 25, 1948 , c. 646, 62 Stat. 947."

http://www.uslegalforms.com/legaldefinitio...ted-divorce.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In contested divorces, the parties are adversarial and unable to agree on the terms of divorce. Common areas of disagreement include, but are not limited to: grounds for divorce, custody of the children, visitation rights, division of the assets of the marriage, child support, maintenance (alimony), payment of family debts, contribution toward educational expenses (college or parochial), payment of health insurance for the dependent spouse, income tax structuring, etc. Both parties may desire a divorce, but cannot agree on important issues like, but not limited to, property distribution, debt allocation, child support, custody, and alimony. In a contested divorce, the couple seeks to let the court system decide the matters related to the divorce.

In uncontested divorces, the parties are in agreement on all matters, and the court serves to approve their divorce agreement. In some states, expedited procedures exist for uncontested divorce, sometimes referred to as a dissolution. Such a dissolution may be a faster and less expensive alternative, as the parties may file the papers without hiring an attorney.

all community property states require a full disclosure of property, so that the Court can determine what property is marital property, and what is not marital property. You will not find that such was done in the Shelton divorce. Due to this requirement of full disclosure, litigation following the divorce may take place either because no such disclosure was done at the time of the divorce, or that it was fraudulently done. There are also other reasons under which future litigation may take place.

That may be your opinion, but you are stating things which aren't proven as if they are facts, they are not. What i think you are talking about is that some 8 months later in Illinois, which is not a community property state, Linda the "Litigant" filed a civil law suit against Danny the "Defendant" related to the Shelton divorce in an attempt to receive more using those arguments??? That I will agree to:
http://www.judici.com/courts/cases/case_in...8015JL2005D30P1

~ Aletheia

"Prove ALL THINGS, and hold fast that which is good"

+Quote Post
Joy N
post Dec 20 2006, 12:08 PM
Post #68

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,699

sad.gif
QUOTE(Chez @ Dec 20 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]164419[/snapback]

Joe, did Brandy attend the party? When was the party held? Was Linda invited to the party? Was Brenda's husband there? Oh by the way, when is Danny's birthday?

I am familiar with this birthday party was well... Brandy had not even moved to S. Illinois at that time... so she could not have been there..

Joy (Ps. 3ABN worker for several years)

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Dec 20 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #69

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

What is disappointing, Joy? By the way, thanks for the info/clarification.

QUOTE(Joy N @ Dec 20 2006, 01:08 PM) [snapback]164441[/snapback]

sad.gif

I am familiar with this birthday party was well... Brandy had not even moved to S. Illinois at that time... so she could not have been there..

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Eddy
post Dec 20 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 589

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Dec 19 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback]164277[/snapback]

Hit your PM......

I got you.....

cool beans. Thank ya

--------------------
An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. MLK

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Dec 20 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

QUOTE(Joy N @ Dec 20 2006, 11:08 AM) [snapback]164441[/snapback]

sad.gif

Joy,

I have been to 3ABN on occasion. I do not want to believe all of this that I have read. Where I have a problem is, I have seen some very bad living conditions for the employees. What is the deal with that? I have seen Danny's house and been to the Lomacang's house. They are not living in poverty.....

+Quote Post
Joy N
post Dec 20 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #72

Welcome Newbie

[color=#FF0000][/color][color=#3366FF]
QUOTE(Brother Sam @ Dec 19 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]164309[/snapback]

I am seeing posts regarding how bad and unchristian comments are being made about 3ABN leadership. How many of these do-gooders have actually worked there and/or experienced what is really going on - can they not handle reading and hearing the truth - even though it is not what they want to hear or choose to believe. What upsets employees and their families is that there is a totally different standard expected of them than what is pemitted of the Shelton family and the top management of 3ABN. Do people really know what is going on there???

Why do so many employees leave there disgusted with how things really are?

When Yolanda Innocent got a divorce, her singing and programming was pulled from the air and 3ABN no longer sold or promoted her music. However, when a Shelton gets a divorce, it is business as usual - is there anything wrong with this picture??? Are we experiencing a blatant double standard???

When a male employee stayed overnight with a female employee, they were told that if this behavior was repeated, they would be terminated. Yet a Shelton employee can have a live in or repeated overnight opposite sex visitor and nobody asks questions. Is their behavior of any type above reproach???

When a Shelton uses profanity on the premises, there is no consequence. Would anybody else have such latitude???

The Sheltons openly say that nobody can sing like a Shelton, nobody can manage like a Shelton and nobody can speak like a Shelton - I am saying thank goodness!!!

If you are not a Shelton, you are considered a second or third class person. A Shelton has such high self esteeem that they act as though they have a direct line to God and everything they do is santioned by God - do they really??? Or is it all in their over inflated heads???

I have worked at 3ABN several years and know of some of the things around there... For instance: I know that the divorce situations there are not caused by 3ABN.. but by satan. Each one has been looked at for the individual situation and based upon Biblical grounds... acted upon or not acted upon. Acted on accordingly as is humanly possible. If not, then that might be considered a double standard.

There was also a Shelton that did "lose it" with an outburst of profanity. You are right about that.. However you may not know 2 things about that situation. #1 is... the Shelton is not a CLOSE relative of Danny.. but distant. #2 is: This relative was called "upon the carpet" by Danny himself and told straight out... this would not be tolerated at 3ABN and should it EVER happen... his employment there.. would be history... It hadn't happened before... or since.. He was given "Grace" that time

Joy N

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Dec 20 2006, 12:43 PM
Post #73

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Hmmm...thank you for that bit of info.... snack.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Dec 20 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #74

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Joy N @ Dec 20 2006, 01:35 PM) [snapback]164456[/snapback]

It hadn't happened before... or since.. He was given "Grace" that time

How do you know?

On what basis can you definitively state that it never happened before... ever... at any time under any circumstances... or that such words have never again proceeded from that person?

Had you spent all day, every day with this person for his entire life up to the point where that profanity laden tirade occurred? Have you spent all day, every day, with him since, constantly monitoring his every statement or utterance?

If the answer to either is "NO"... and I'd wager that the answer to both is "NO"... then the best you can attest to is that this person has not done so in your presence, within the range of your ability to hear...

But your not having heard his doing it is not nearly the same as his not having done it at all.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Joy N
post Dec 20 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #75

Welcome Newbie

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Dec 20 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]164449[/snapback]

Joy,

I have been to 3ABN on occasion. I do not want to believe all of this that I have read. Where I have a problem is, I have seen some very bad living conditions for the employees. What is the deal with that? I have seen Danny's house and been to the Lomacang's house. They are not living in poverty.....

I'm glad you brought that up Sam. It stands to reason that Danny AND Linda worked hard at continuous employment for the past 22 years for Danny and 20 years for Linda. What you see is what they been able to aquire in those years.
Suppose that you and your wife, worked at a coal mine Company for 20- 22 years... both of you... with an income of say... $49,000 per year. Don't you think that in 20-22 years.. with you both working... that you would be able to have bought a new home and drive late model cars?

I would think so.

The other workers that you are talking about... many have been kind of transitory workers... not staying for very long in any one place. It make since to me that they would not live as Danny and Linda. Most came there with hardly nothing. If they had something... they bought a nice place or rented one .. just like Pastor Lomacang. He is an ordained ministered which means that he has been working for years... he should have something to show...
Hope that helps.

Joy

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church