Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11914&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:44:43 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions For Joe Smith, for starters: "mansion" & "huge pool"
Pickle
post Dec 28 2006, 10:21 AM
Post #121

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(calvin @ Dec 28 2006, 09:48 AM) [snapback]166068[/snapback]

For those who are not absorbed by this saga and those looking in from the outside, this should appear rather silly that people are spending so much time debating/discussing and arguing the size of a $250,000 home. Why is this relevant and relevant to what?

Hi Calvin.

I'm looking for concrete facts in the stories told by Danny and Linda, and their supporters if those facts can be traced back to Danny or Linda. I'm then checking out those facts to see if they are true or not.

Both sides claim that the other side lies. In this investigation, the side with the most lies and fabrications loses, especially if they refuse to come clean and apologize. And if they try to hide the evidence, they still lose out in the court of public opinion.

In regard to the size of the house and pool and its cost, Joe Smith has made very specific claims, including that Danny is the source of his information. He stated explicitly that Danny paid more than half of the appraised value of his house to Linda. Is what Danny told Joe really the truth or not?

It's simple to find out:
  • Joe can inform us what the true appraised value of Danny's house is.
  • Joe can tell us how much Danny actually paid Linda for her half of the house.
Then we can all tell if what Danny told Joe is really the truth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lurker
post Dec 28 2006, 10:25 AM
Post #122

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Calvin, It is all about the characters of the two main protagonists. Truthfullness or the lack of it, sex and greed. The stuff soap operas are made of. wave.gif

+Quote Post
summertime
post Dec 28 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Clay @ Dec 28 2006, 10:20 AM) [snapback]166076[/snapback]

here in Alabama 250k gets you a really nice size house..... with a decent size pool.... and even some land, depending of course where you buy.....

Under any circumstances, if $200,000 was half of the appraised value of Danny's house, that means that a man who was a poor, uneducated, penniless carpenter twenty years ago, now has a home that is worth around $400,000. That is pretty good considering that all of his income comes from the donors who keep 3ABN afloat. Another thing that I have found out--in the Midwest where a pool can only be used a few months out of the year, yet needs maintenance year round, is not an amenity that adds very much to the appraised value of a home. In other words, it is costly to maintain for the usage available to the homeowner in both Missouri and Illinois. We have found out that it does add to the cost of homeowners insurance because of the responsibility of safety needs that must be met.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Dec 28 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #124

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(summertime @ Dec 28 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]166082[/snapback]

Under any circumstances, if $200,000 was half of the appraised value of Danny's house, that means that a man who was a poor, uneducated, penniless carpenter twenty years ago, now has a home that is worth around $400,000. That is pretty good considering that all of his income comes from the donors who keep 3ABN afloat. Another thing that I have found out--in the Midwest where a pool can only be used a few months out of the year, yet needs maintenance year round, is not an amenity that adds very much to the appraised value of a home. In other words, it is costly to maintain for the usage available to the homeowner in both Missouri and Illinois. We have found out that it does add to the cost of homeowners insurance because of the responsibility of safety needs that must be met.

That's too good if his income is as has been stated in the neighborhood of just under 50K per annum... even with the absolute best credit rating on the planet, someone with that income would not qualify for a 400K dollar loan.

Either he has undeclared income or he has managed to artificially inflate the value of his house... or it's not his house...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
lurker
post Dec 28 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #125

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

"Under any circumstances, if $200,000 was half of the appraised value of Danny's house" Where did this figure come from?

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 28 2006, 11:50 AM
Post #126

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(calvin @ Dec 28 2006, 10:48 AM) [snapback]166068[/snapback]

For those who are not absorbed by this saga and those looking in from the outside, this should appear rather silly that people are spending so much time debating/discussing and arguing the size of a $250,000 home. Why is this relevant and relevant to what?

Apparently some believe that whether Joe Smith is credible depends on whether Linda lives in a mansion, or not as he posted. If they can prove she doesn't then they can throw mud on everything he posts.

At least that's the way I am understanding what's going on.

Why his credibility or lack thereof, is deemed more important to determine then others caliming to also know "people and things"is beyond my understanding, as he isn't claiming to be a "key player'

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Chez
post Dec 28 2006, 11:59 AM
Post #127

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 28 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]166094[/snapback]

Apparently some believe that whether Joe Smith is credible depends on whether Linda lives in a mansion, or not as he posted. If they can prove she doesn't then they can throw mud on everything he posts.

Why his credibility or lack thereof, is deemed more important to determine then others caliming to also know "people and things"is beyond my understanding, as he isn't claiming to be a "key player'

We're doing all of this posting, but where is JOE SMITH? JOE hasn't replied. Has Joe left? Is Joe gathering information or data? Why isn't Joe replying? Oooh JOEY! Where are yooou?

This post has been edited by Chez: Dec 28 2006, 12:00 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Dec 28 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #128

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 28 2006, 10:50 AM) [snapback]166094[/snapback]

I believe it speaks more to whether Joe Smith is personally aware of Linda's house - has seen it for himself - or if he is relying on information/misinformation he received from Danny.

Just checking the facts - at least that is what I have gathered.

If he is being fed misinformation to spread far and wide it is important to to determine his credibility. He may not be claiming to be a "key player" but he has claimed that he was close to 3abn for some time and knows things.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Dec 28 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #129

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Here are a couple of links that show Joe Smith talking about his history with 3abn:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry164579

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry164323

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Dec 28 2006, 12:41 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 28 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #130

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Dec 27 2006, 08:28 PM) [snapback]165958[/snapback]

Aletheia,

Yes, I am confused. My grandkids got happy meals with little Hummers in them some time back. These clever little toys had cables with hooks that could pull the Hummer up when hooked on to something.

Yes absent enviremental concerns, hummers are very cute. Given how you see it, "what's so funny?" about the ad?

I'm just curious as I am no longer allowed to ask sky that on Maritime, or why he posted it instead of answering my questions. I find it absurd that after being called names and being accused of many things by him, even for posting here rather then there, all while refusing to answer even one question of mine ever; That it turns out that nothing can be posted by me except an apology, and I can never expect answers there because they are decreed off topic. and yet the picture remains...

Sad that your mind went in a different direction.
Please, dear, maybe you should retract your nails and return to your search for truth and perhaps you won't be so sad.

Perhaps you won't find me so sad either, if you actually looked at the links You are responding to?? Here you go, here's the one you just criticized me for:

QUOTE(sister @ Dec 26 2006, 10:47 PM)

... Often I post what I know personally, can you make the same statement?

Linda and the wearing of a wedding ring at the GC in St. Lewis, that is nothing more than a rumor that Danny Shelton started to take the heat off of his situation....

Personally, I have never heard more lies come out of a man's mouth than from Danny Shelton. The reliable source for this information: me!

Aletheia:
So is it your personal testimony that you personally heard this from Danny Shelton and you know as fact, that this is how the alleged rumor was started? IF NOT, how is it you claim to know this?

Maybe you can tell me why asking someone to explain themselves, or prove what they say, and then noticing that they refuse to do so , is the equivalent of having extended claws, to you? Does anyone else around here seem catty to you, or just me??

I actually twice more asked Sister to explain, now I found it sad a Christian would accuse another without explaining or proving how what they claimed was true, and ignoring questions about it, and you found me at fault for noticing that, and asking her to do so.

I'm not really understanding your point of view or focus.

I guess people see things differently.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Dec 28 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 28 2006, 02:53 PM) [snapback]166106[/snapback]

Yes absent enviremental concerns, hummers are very cute. Given how you see it, "what's so funny?" about the ad?

I'm just curious as I am no longer allowed to ask sky that on Maritime, or why he posted it instead of answering my questions. I find it absurd that after being called names and being accused of many things by him, even for posting here rather then there, all while refusing to answer even one question of mine ever; That it turns out that nothing can be posted by me except an apology, and I can never expect answers there because they are decreed off topic. and yet the picture remains...

Aletheia,

You and Sky can continue to discuss it further there in a separate topic, if one of you desires to create one there in connection with Sky's request for an apology.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 28 2006, 01:15 PM
Post #132

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 28 2006, 10:30 AM) [snapback]166065[/snapback]

Bob:
You might want to respond to Sky's complaint over at http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/forums/...=5582#Post83089

Done.

Thankyou. I did not realize we could reply to what was posted on the closed topics on Maritime, unless it was factual or documented items to be submitted. I was feeling rather censored, so this is good to know.

Well that was very special! Apparently, you meant that I should only go there and apologise, as you repeatedly told me to do, while I am being attacked and accused without any reproof, and that none of my questions will be answered by skye, as he is not expected to answer my complaints???

That seems to be par for the course there. I despise censorship and bias coming from people proclaiming Christianity and fairness.

Thank God the owners and moderators of this forum seem to allow both sides of any issue to post their concerns and questions as long as it is withing the rules here, regardless of their agreement or disagreement with what's posted, and that those rules are applied equally, regardless of who the person is.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 28 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #133

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 28 2006, 01:15 PM) [snapback]166111[/snapback]

Well that was very special! Apparently, you meant that I should only go there and apologise, ...

I've always thought it appropriate for me to apologize when I have something to apologize for, even if the other party is more wrong than I am, and even if they refuse to apologize.

What they do they have to answer to God for. What I do I have to answer to God for.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Dec 28 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #134

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 28 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]166094[/snapback]

No one has stated this... you have inferred it...but that obligates none to have implied it. All this would show, if Joe's claims are proven false, is that he was told a lie he did not check out before choosing to believe it.

Actually, he is making that very claim; in stating that "Danny told me" this and "Walt told me " that, he is, in essence saying that he is connected enough to get it from the horse's mouth... and implicit in such a claim is that those speaking against Danny are not as close as he is therefore their claims should be discounted.

I don't believe he ever expected to get the level of scrutiny that he has... which says to me he is someone who is used to not having his statements questioned... but that is not how we do things here; if it is stated, it will be checked, pushed, prodded, probed, bent, folded, spindled and mutilated, if need be, to determine if it is true.

If one cannot handle that, he'd be best served to keep his statements to himself.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Lee
post Dec 28 2006, 01:31 PM
Post #135

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

Aletheia has nothing to apologize for that I can see. She did not post the picture first, skye did. Perhaps Sky could answer the question as to WHY he/she posted this picture. I mean, there must be a reason right?

Or perhaps Sky has something to hide?

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:44 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church