Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11955&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:36:09 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tommy Shelton Vindicated!, I hope.
Clay
post Jan 20 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #136

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(calvin @ Jan 20 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]171423[/snapback]

Why can't somebody file charges?

yanno.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Jan 20 2007, 11:20 PM
Post #137

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,634

I believe in some previous posts it was noted that the statute of limitations, in the state of Illinois, was recently extended, to cover the victim up to the age of 38.

If I did my math correctly, Duane Clem is approximately 40 years old. He stated that the abuse occurred in 1985 or 1986, and he was about 19 at the time.

By reading Roger Clem's statement, it appears he may be within the new statute of limitations.

Brad Dunning stated he was 14 at the time of his encounter with Tommy. That was in the 1982-1983 timeframe, which would make him about 38.

I am not sure what the limit is in Virginia, but if the victim, who was a minor at the time of the abuse, would choose to press charges, it is possible that there may be a case there.

Someone with legal experience may wish to comment on whether civil law suits are a possibility.

This post has been edited by lookin4truth: Jan 21 2007, 12:13 AM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 20 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #138

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Dear Duane Clem,

Thank you for this brave move!

Praise God that He has sustained you and led you through the valley. I know you have regrets for not coming forward earlier but now you have set the record straight and that was important to do. You have laid another stepping stone onto the path leading out of darkness and into the marvelous light of truth! Perhaps others will be encouraged to follow your example.

Any time sin is exposed it can turn some against the one bringing it to light. It is painful to be rejected for telling the truth and I pray this doesn't happen for you. While it is important for Tommy Shelton's salvation to be allowed to experience the consequences of his actions, hate for him should not be among them. He is precious to the Lord, just as each of us are, in spite of his despicable sins.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Jan 21 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #139

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

Sex offenders whom we knew to be guilty beyond the shadow of a doubt are walking the streets today. They were declared "not guilty" because they had a sharp lawyer who defended the dark side and was able to to bring question because of some technicality. "Not Guilty" is not necessarily synonymous with "Innocent."

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 21 2007, 12:45 AM
Post #140

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Ralph @ Jan 21 2007, 01:37 AM) [snapback]171433[/snapback]

Sex offenders whom we knew to be guilty beyond the shadow of a doubt are walking the streets today. They were declared "not guilty" because they had a sharp lawyer who defended the dark side and was able to to bring question because of some technicality. "Not Guilty" is not necessarily synonymous with "Innocent."

Amen.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Jan 21 2007, 12:55 AM
Post #141

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(calvin @ Jan 20 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]171423[/snapback]

Why can't somebody file charges?

Sorry, Calvin. I should have had this quote at the top of my previous post.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 21 2007, 06:36 AM
Post #142

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Jan 20 2007, 10:20 PM) [snapback]171427[/snapback]

I believe in some previous posts it was noted that the statute of limitations, in the state of Illinois, was recently extended, to cover the victim up to the age of 38.

If I did my math correctly, Duane Clem is approximately 40 years old. He stated that the abuse occurred in 1985 or 1986, and he was about 19 at the time.

By reading Roger Clem's statement, it appears he may be within the new statute of limitations.

Brad Dunning stated he was 14 at the time of his encounter with Tommy. That was in the 1982-1983 timeframe, which would make him about 38.

I am not sure what the limit is in Virginia, but if the victim, who was a minor at the time of the abuse, would choose to press charges, it is possible that there may be a case there.

Someone with legal experience may wish to comment on whether civil law suits are a possibility.

According to a published report, an attorney involved in this case as a representative of an involved party states that an extension of the statute of limitations would be unconstitutional, and that his client would vigorusly fight its application to him.

As I am not an attorney, I cannot comment on that legal opinion.

The bottom line is: As has been stated before, things may not be a simple as they seem on the surface.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
eye witness
post Jan 21 2007, 08:35 AM
Post #143

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 21 2007, 06:36 AM) [snapback]171442[/snapback]

According to a published report, an attorney involved in this case as a representative of an involved party states that an extension of the statute of limitations would be unconstitutional, and that his client would vigorusly fight its application to him.

As I am not an attorney, I cannot comment on that legal opinion.

bottom line is: As has been stated before, things may not be a simple as they seem on the surface.

I question, does God see a value in YOU? Does God see a value in Tommy? It doesn’t appear that he is SDA, and this is your witness to him????? How, my friend can you open the Word and offer the saving grace of Jesus, thru the Truth of His Word after you have cried crucified him. Have mercy! “And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” Matthew 25:40. These allegations, the gossip, this faultfinding, the slander is not yours to be meddling with.
It might be helpful, to be sounding the Trumpet of a soon coming King, the message of a saving Grace, a message of a forgiving God.
My encouragement to Tommy is this:
Not even a sparrow falls to the ground without the Father’s notice. Satan’s hatred against God leads him to delight in destroying even the dumb creatures. It is only through God’s protecting care that the birds are preserved to gladden us with their songs of joy. But He does not forget even the sparrows. “Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.” Matthew 10:31

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 21 2007, 09:28 AM
Post #144

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(eye witness @ Jan 21 2007, 07:35 AM) [snapback]171452[/snapback]

I question, does God see a value in YOU? Does God see a value in Tommy? It doesn’t appear that he is SDA, and this is your witness to him????? How, my friend can you open the Word and offer the saving grace of Jesus, thru the Truth of His Word after you have cried crucified him. Have mercy! “And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” Matthew 25:40. These allegations, the gossip, this faultfinding, the slander is not yours to be meddling with.
It might be helpful, to be sounding the Trumpet of a soon coming King, the message of a saving Grace, a message of a forgiving God.
My encouragement to Tommy is this:
Not even a sparrow falls to the ground without the Father’s notice. Satan’s hatred against God leads him to delight in destroying even the dumb creatures. It is only through God’s protecting care that the birds are preserved to gladden us with their songs of joy. But He does not forget even the sparrows. “Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.” Matthew 10:31

What prompted that reply I do not know. I simply made a comment on the legal issues, and off you went on your own agenda with no reference to me or my post. Oh well!

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 21 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #145

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 21 2007, 10:28 AM) [snapback]171462[/snapback]

What prompted that reply I do not know. I simply made a comment on the legal issues, and off you went on your own agenda with no reference to me or my post. Oh well!

Fear not those that call evil good and good evil. There is but one remedy for sinners... and when Tommy repents is the time to give "encouragement" and the assurance of God's blessing. Until then, all those that coddle him and protect them are but encouraging him in his evil ways... and thus in a very real sense, becoming partners with him in his sins.

Their fate is not an enviable one. no.gif

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 21 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #146

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 21 2007, 08:52 AM) [snapback]171464[/snapback]

Fear not those that call evil good and good evil. There is but one remedy for sinners... and when Tommy repents is the time to give "encouragement" and the assurance of God's blessing. Until then, all those that coddle him and protect them are but encouraging him in his evil ways... and thus in a very real sense, becoming partners with him in his sins.
Their fate is not an enviable one. no.gif

This is such an important point!

Eye witness seems to be overlooking two key factors when she complains about the "witness" SDA's are having on this non-SDA, Tommy Shelton, by exposing his sins:

1. Tommy, by his claim of Christianity, is considered a brother no matter what denomination he has chosen. As a Christian he has the same obligation to God's law. He has been around the "witness" of SDAs at 3abn for many years and still remains a non-SDA.

2. I would ask what "witness" the SDAs involved at 3abn are having in the West Franfort/Thompsonville communities as they strive to keep Tommy's alleged sinful behavior hidden by denials and intimidation?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
daylily
post Jan 21 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #147

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

Eyewitness said "My encouragement to Tommy is this:" and quotes Matthew 10:31.

And my encouragement to Linda Shelton, the Clem brothers and others would be this:

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Jan 21 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #148

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(eye witness @ Jan 21 2007, 09:35 AM) [snapback]171452[/snapback]

It doesn’t appear that he is SDA, and this is your witness to him?????

Eyewitness,

This is a good point you bring up, and it has always made me wonder. I have spoken to people who were shocked to find he wasn't Adventist.

Tommy Shelton was raised Seventh-day Adventist. He left the SDA, and pastored denominational churches. He taught against keeping the Sabbath.

Then he came back to 3ABN, where people around the world think he is an Adventist. How can 3ABN have someone who doesn't believe SDA doctrine in a key ministry position.

How can Tommy make his living helping to propagate doctrine, which he preaches is false.

Just a few thoughts that come to mind.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jan 21 2007, 05:11 PM
Post #149

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

This just goes to prove the point, that Danny and the Shelton's control 3abn, not the board which seems to be there mostly for looks, not the contributers, who I'm sure would not be giving if they knew the truth about all that has been going on.

Richard

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Jan 21 2007, 05:02 PM) [snapback]171531[/snapback]

Eyewitness,

This is a good point you bring up, and it has always made me wonder. I have spoken to people who were shocked to find he wasn't Adventist.

Tommy Shelton was raised Seventh-day Adventist. He left the SDA, and pastored denominational churches. He taught against keeping the Sabbath.

Then he came back to 3ABN, where people around the world think he is an Adventist. How can 3ABN have someone who doesn't believe SDA doctrine in a key ministry position.

How can Tommy make his living helping to propagate doctrine, which he preaches is false.

Just a few thoughts that come to mind.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 21 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #150

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Innocent children were molested...... adults are dealing with wounds to their innocence of childhood.

scratchchin.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:36 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church