Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11955&st=270 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:38:18 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tommy Shelton Vindicated!, I hope.
brother4life
post Feb 19 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #271

Welcome Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,995

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 3 2007, 01:06 AM) [snapback]174982[/snapback]

But I bet he's still drawing a paycheck from 3ABN

Talk about speculation! You bet?

--------------------
Isaiah 8:20 - To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
brother4life
post Feb 19 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #272

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,995

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 2 2007, 03:43 AM) [snapback]174590[/snapback]

I'm in this for the duration. I'm not going anywhere. Count on it.

Duane Clem

Just curious, Duane. To what end to you intend to see this through? How far are you willing to go to see that justice is served? Do you want to see your former Pastor and friend Tommy sitting in prison? Do you want Carol to be all alone there in that home across the river? Do you want those two grandchildren to have to do without their grandfather just so your desire for "justice" can be satisfied?

Personally, I don't know whether he's guilty or not guilty. But 1 Corinthians 10:31 comes to mind: "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." When and if he lands in prison, will you be able to say that you helped put a man in prison, guilty or not, to the glory of God?

--------------------
Isaiah 8:20 - To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 19 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #273

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(brother4life @ Feb 19 2007, 12:07 PM) [snapback]179337[/snapback]

Just curious, Duane. To what end to you intend to see this through? How far are you willing to go to see that justice is served? Do you want to see your former Pastor and friend Tommy sitting in prison? Do you want Carol to be all alone there in that home across the river? Do you want those two grandchildren to have to do without their grandfather just so your desire for "justice" can be satisfied?

Personally, I don't know whether he's guilty or not guilty. But 1 Corinthians 10:31 comes to mind: "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." When and if he lands in prison, will you be able to say that you helped put a man in prison, guilty or not, to the glory of God?

Are you trying to say that if someone is guilty of breaking the law, has to go to jail/prision, that it's the victims/lawyers/judge or anyone that had to do with the justice coming about, fault for bringing about that justice? That they should feel guilty because they had a part in a criminal getting the pushishment that the law requires for that person if they break the law? That those that the criminal leaves behind, THEIR pain is more important then the victim's pain? Surely you are not saying this. Very interesting thinking, as I only know a handful of people personally that think this dysfunctional.

Don't play that guilt trip here. No one here will take that trip with you.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 19 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #274

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Feb 18 2007, 07:40 PM) [snapback]179212[/snapback]

http://fbcoh.org/greet1.html
"October 15-18 we’re having our Fall Revival with Rev. Tommy Shelton preaching. It will meet nightly at 6:30 p.m. … great singing, preaching, and fellowship."
http://www.fbcoh.org/oppimag/1oct06.pdf

Pray for our preaching evangelist, Tommy Shelton. Tommy has asked that we pray that the Holy Spirit would guide him in exactly what to preach in each specific service. Tommy’s desire is to be emptied of himself and filled with the Holy Spirit.

http://www.fbcoh.org/oppimag/8oct06.pdf
Dear First Baptist Friends
As I look forward with anticipation to the upcoming Revival meetings, I am reminded that although we may set aside a time for revival, God must send it. He is not only willing to send revival, but longs to send it. The only thing that can hinder revival from coming to us is an unprepared heart. True revival comes to us when we, like Isaiah, catch a glimpse of the Lord high and lifted up, and in the light of His Holiness, see our great need. R.A. Torry gave a prescription for revival, which I quote: First, let a few Christians get thor-oughly right with God. If this is not done, the rest will come to nothing. Second, let them bind them-selves together to pray for revival until God opens the windows of heaven and comes down. Third, let them put themselves at the disposal of God for His
use as He sees fit in winning others to Christ. That is all. I have given this prescription around the
world…and in no instance has it failed. It cannot fail.
Looking forward to being with you …Tommy

http://www.fbcoh.org/oppimag/15oct06.pdf
WHAT BLESSING… to have Tommy and Carol Shelton with us this week, as Tommy preaches our Revival. They live in Marion, Kentucky, and have been married for 43 years. They have three grown children. Tommy pastored two churches over a twenty-five year span, one in Kentucky and the other in the Washington D.C. area.

http://www.fbcoh.org/oppimag/22oct06.pdf
....I was reminded of Tommy Shelton’s message on Wednesday evening from Proverbs 4:23. “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.” (KJV) If we are to become all God called us to be, we must guard our spiritual hearts. ...

Do you think this church has NO youth?

As I read Tommy's Open Letter, I thought of this instance as well. Does anyone know if this church is made up of only mature folk?

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 18 2007, 09:00 PM) [snapback]179219[/snapback]

Could someone please explain why the Ezra Church of God in IL is not listed as a third church? Out of the three churches, was he not longer at Ezra than anywhere else? Or was he at Marion before he was at Ezra as well as at Marion for a year in the last half of the '80's?

This is certainly confusing. If it is an oversight, it certainly is a glaring one.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 19 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #275

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 19 2007, 09:27 PM) [snapback]179340[/snapback]

Are you trying to say that if someone is guilty of breaking the law, has to go to jail/prision, that it's the victims/lawyers/judge or anyone that had to do with the justice coming about, fault for bringing about that justice? That they should feel guilty because they had a part in a criminal getting the pushishment that the law requires for that person if they break the law? That those that the criminal leaves behind, THEIR pain is more important then the victim's pain? Surely you are not saying this. Very interesting thinking, as I only know a handful of people personally that think this dysfunctional.

Don't play that guilt trip here. No one here will take that trip with you.

I totally agree.

Brother4life, I'm sorry to say that I find your last intervention totally outrageous.

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Feb 19 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #276

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(brother4life @ Feb 19 2007, 02:07 PM) [snapback]179337[/snapback]

Do you want Carol to be all alone there in that home across the river? Do you want those two grandchildren to have to do without their grandfather just so your desire for "justice" can be satisfied?

This is from one of the letters at Save3ABN.com, Broken-Hearted Mother #2. Here's the link and quote:

http://www.save3abn.com/tommy-shelton-vict...amily-mom-2.htm

"I remember when things began to heat up for Tommy Shelton, he came by our home and asked my son to come outside and talk. Later, I learned that he had told my son that if he told anyone, Carol Shelton would kill herself. Not only did he use his wife, but also his daughter as a pawn. This was not his only threat against my son. I won't write what the other threats were that were made at this time, but they would make you sick!"

Brother4Life,

Do you see a theme in this quote from Broken-Hearted-2 that looks similar to what you just wrote?

Pete

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Feb 19 2007, 02:48 PM

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 19 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #277

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(brother4life @ Feb 19 2007, 12:07 PM) [snapback]179337[/snapback]

Brother4life,

Can i ask why you would think that if tommy is guilty that the victims should not have the right to see justice done?

Also if someone shoot tommy, you say well i think we should not punish that person because of 1 cor. 10:31?

Erik

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Feb 19 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]179343[/snapback]

This is from one of the letters at Save3ABN.com, Broken-Hearted Mother #2. Here's the link and quote:

"I remember when things began to heat up for Tommy Shelton, he came by our home and asked my son to come outside and talk. Later, I learned that he had told my son that if he told anyone, Carol Shelton would kill herself. Not only did he use his wife, but also his daughter as a pawn. This was not his only threat against my son. I won't write what the other threats were that were made at this time, but they would make you sick!"

Brother4Life,

Do you see a theme in this quote from Broken-Hearted-2 that looks similar to what you just wrote?

Pete

PP,

Now we are dancing on words, great question.

Erik

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 19 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #278

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(brother4life @ Feb 19 2007, 01:07 PM) [snapback]179337[/snapback]

brother4life,
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that all of the evidence written here and at save3abn.com about Tommy Shelton is true including the testimonies of several of the victims and the emailed confession by Tommy Shelton to one of the victims. Should he have a special dispensation to avoid justice because he has a wife that would be left alone or grandchildren that would miss their grandfather? Should he not be held accountable for his actions against those in his trust?

Our Lord was really clear when He told His disciples "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's..."

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Feb 19 2007, 01:47 PM) [snapback]179343[/snapback]

Brother4Life,

Pete

One has to wonder why he didn't consider the impact of his actions on his family but instead attempted to transfer that into the responsibility of his victims.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
lurker
post Feb 19 2007, 03:18 PM
Post #279

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Prisons would be empty if every that excuse worked in court. "But judge, I have a family."

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 19 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #280

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

The following is sent in regard to Tommy Shelton's recent open letter to the Dunn Loring congregation.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Open Letter to Dunn Loring: three discrepancies
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:28:52 -0600
To: Tommy Shelton
CC: Mollie Steenson, Pastor Lomacang, Fallible Human Being, Joe Smith, Danny Shelton, Elder Ken Denslow, Walt Thompson

Hello Tommy.

I've taken a look at your letter now, and I can see that you have made some references to some documents that would be very helpful in potentially exonerating you. If you can forward these to me, I will see what I can to do to get them posted.

I do see some additional spots in your letter that raise some questions. For example, you write:

QUOTE(Tommy Shelton)
"Not only were allegations from the Community Church of God posted, but postings of letters, accusations and copies of personal documents going back more than 20 years - all signed by Pastor Glenn Dryden."

Since Roger Clem's letter was posted back on December 6, 2006, and since it was never signed by Pastor Dryden, I'm unsure how you can make this claim. Was this just an example of an inadvertent slip?

You write:

QUOTE(Tommy Shelton)
"We can only guess as to what kind of pressure these people were put under (I've been told - I can't confirm) that one was told by the 'self appointed investigators' that he had better say something quickly because I intended a lawsuit and was planning to drag him into it, which of course, is not true."

There are two simple reasons why you have not been able to confirm this:
  1. You never contacted us to ask us about it, which is peculiar in light of your use of Matthew 18 in your letter. (Why spread unconfirmed rumors in a letter that appears to be against the spreading of unconfirmed rumors?)
  2. It can't be confirmed because it simply isn't true. If you wish to know what was said, feel free to call Gailon or myself.
You write:

QUOTE(Tommy Shelton)
"The facts are, the first allegation was made in September of 1985 ...."

If this is true,
  • Why did Walt Thompson tell me at the end of November 2006 that the allegations were about 30 years old?
  • Why does Brad Dunning say that the incident with him, after which he immediately blew the whistle, happened in 1982-1983? Was he mistaken?
That's it for now. Hope to hear from you soon.

Bob

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Feb 19 2007, 05:11 PM
Post #281

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 18 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]179219[/snapback]

Could someone please explain why the Ezra Church of God in IL is not listed as a third church? Out of the three churches, was he not longer at Ezra than anywhere else? Or was he at Marion before he was at Ezra as well as at Marion for a year in the last half of the '80's?

I assume that the Washington DC church is accounting for the church in Dunn Loring (I believe Dunn Loring is not too far from DC) and the KY church for Ezra. (I realize that Ezra is not in KY)

Someone either made a wrong assumption when creating the bulletin or they were given the wrong information. Whether it was intentional or not is an unknown.

Only assumptions

+Quote Post
Lenni
post Feb 19 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #282

Member No.: 2,935

If Tommy goes to prison, he didn't need any help from anybody.

Hey Duane I have a few questions of my own:

Did you want to be molested?

Did you want to be taken advantage of by someone you trusted?

Did you want your brother to go through it too?

Did you want to live with this burden in silence for the last 20 years?

Did you want a bunch of strangers questioning your account of what happened, your motives for coming forward, your reason for not doing it sooner, etc.?

brother4life, maybe you should ponder this for awhile.

+Quote Post
andithomas1
post Feb 19 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #283

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,452

This has got to be a joke because a no person in their right mind would come to this type of conclusion. Give me strength.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 19 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #284

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(roxe @ Feb 18 2007, 09:51 PM) [snapback]179213[/snapback]

is his interpretation of this verse correct??

is he saying he should NOT have to suffer getting caught or any consequences??

wonder who helped him write this letter... or if someone else wrote it...

No; his application of the verse is not correct. The incident Paul is alluding to in 2Cor 7 is the man in 1Cor 5 who was committing fornication with his father's wife. Taken together you see that the church's response swung from one extreme to another. In 1Cor 5, even though his sin was open and flagrant, the church did nothing. After receiving Paul's letter, the church undertook discipline on that member but did so in a manner that it was punitive and not redemptive and even after the man has manifest the fruits of repentance no forgiveness was being extended towards him. IOW, in 1Cor 5 the church thought themselves showing mercy with no thought of justice; in 2Cor 7 they have swung to the other end and are applying justice without mercy.

The text neither states nor implies that the guilty party should face no consequences; it merely points out that the purpose of church discipline is to elicit "godly sorrow" and fruits of repentance; the end result sought is the redemption of the erring member and that cannot be attained in the extremes where the action taken is punitive on the one hand or where a blind eye is turned to flagrant sin and no action is taken at all on the other.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 19 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #285

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(andithomas1 @ Feb 19 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]179382[/snapback]

This has got to be a joke because a no person in their right mind would come to this type of conclusion. Give me strength.

Unfortunately there are people who find this type of thinking normal. doh.gif

That is - until it happens to them!

This post has been edited by husbandoftheyear: Feb 19 2007, 07:08 PM

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:38 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church