Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11955&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:34:41 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tommy Shelton Vindicated!, I hope.
simplysaved
post Jan 5 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

If this letter is genuine and sincere, then it sounds like an alleged case of mental illness on the part of Tommy Shelton....

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 4 2007, 05:58 PM) [snapback]167570[/snapback]

---------Orignal Message----------

Subject: RE: Here's my email, Pastor Dunning.
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 16:09:11 -0600

Dear Bob,

Here is my follow up email from our telephone conversation yesterday January 3rd, 2007.

The purpose of this communication is to give you a personal account of how I was assaulted by Tommy Shelton, then Pastor of the Ezra Church of God.

I believe it was in the 1982-83 school year. I was a student in the Ezra Church of God Christian School. I was an honor student and a member of the basketball team.

On the day of my encounter with Tommy Shelton, here is what took place.

I was in the gym playing basketball one afternoon by myself. I had extra free time as I was an "E" privilege student.

Ricky Shelton came to the gym and told me that his dad wanted to see me in his office. So I left the gym and went to the Pastors office. Tommy invited me in and closed the door. He sat behind his desk, I sat on the couch.

He began to tell me that he was really embarrassed to talk about this, but he needed my help. He said that he had a problem with his testicles. It was a medical condition that was causing them to bleed. I asked him if he had been to the doctor. He replied that he was too embarrassed to be seen by the nurses and that he would not go.

He said that he had prayed about it, and God showed him how that he could be healed. He told me that God showed him that if he could apply the sperm of another man, that the proteins would heal his testicles. He then asked me if I would be willing to help him by applying my sperm to his testicles.

Being in shock, I told him that I had to think about it and left his office. I went home that afternoon and told my mother all that had gone on.

I did not return to school. My Mother, my grandfather and I, went back to the school and confronted Tommy. He denied everything and told my Grandfather that no one would believe us and he would win.

We then went to the West Frankfort Police department and filed a formal complaint. To my knowledge, no charges were brought against Tommy. Our family suspected that Tommy was being protected by State Police officers who were members of his congregation.

My mother and I moved to Houston, TX shortly after that.

A few years later, we were told that Tommy had been caught with other boys. Some who were personal friends of mine while I was at Ezra.

One of the boys later apologized to me for not speaking up when I did.

My mother received an official written apology from the Church of God. I had not had any communication with Tommy Shelton since that event took place.

If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Because of Him,

Brad Dunning
www.facs4u.com
****Upon further review, Admin Staff has decided to restore this post in it's entirety*********

[And Pickle made Dunning's URL work again. (Hope that's not against the rules.)]

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ToB1nJC
post Jan 5 2007, 11:17 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 2,752

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 4 2007, 02:37 PM) [snapback]167525[/snapback]

welcome(1).gif Welcome to the forum, ToB1nJC smile.gif

I take it that you see your identity as "To Be One in Jesus Christ." And that is exactly what we need to strive for to help answer the prayer of Jesus.

Of course, you realize that Satan has a counterfeit to every good thing that God has in mind for us. However, his methods are very different. He can produce an apparent "oneness" in many ways -- by sweeping things under the rug, by agreeing to suppress differences in the interest of a common goal that is not the glory of God, etc.

By contrast, the methods of Christ are to be as transparent as sunlight in our own lives and to cover with love the mistakes and stumblings of our fellow believers. At the same time, we are admonished to deal faithfully with unrepentant sinners in our midst -- to draw them out of the fire with fear and trembling. If you're pulled out of harm's way by your hair, that may hurt. blink.gif If you're roughly thrown to the ground in order not to be run over by a train, it's likely to hurt, etc.

People on this board have seen sin glorified in the name of the Lord. We have seen God misrepresented. And we believe it is our duty to do what we can to ensure that this misrepresentation of God stops. Sharing information is one step in this process.

Thank you for this beautiful quote:
Note that the same author had something to say about sympathizing with those who are in the wrong:

It is not kind to sympathize with those who are heading on the way to destruction unless they are hit over the head and dragged out of harm's way -- if they don't struggle too much.

I agree 100% with what "Peacefully Bewildered" and Johann posted.

Blessings,
Inge Anderson

It is interesting how the same Scripture or EGW quote can be taken in so many different ways, isn't it?! I see something in it, and you see something else. The thoughts that the EGW quote raised for me really had little to do with 3ABN and more with those discussing it here and their behavior towards each other. I just happened to be on the 3ABN topic when it meshed. I am very familiar with the EGW statement you provided and it is so true. I apologize for being off the subject.

--------------------
Blessings,

ToB1nJC

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." John 17:21

+Quote Post
ToB1nJC
post Jan 5 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 2,752

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 5 2007, 10:47 AM) [snapback]167670[/snapback]
After reading that letter:

"How many of you proponents/opponents of Tommy Shelton would allow him to babysit your children/grandchildren/nieces?" dunno.gif

I wasn't a member here when you first asked but here is what I would have answered: I would never let someone I didn't know babysit for me. Period!

We had a person that would come to church that had been convicted of molestation years before... no one would let their children around this person--with good reason. I did speak to this person and would have good biblical discussions with them on many subjects, but I could never get comfortable with letting my children near the person without me present. There is nothing wrong with this for we cannot read another's heart and I didn't want to put my children in a situation where they could possibly be harmed, nor possibly put this person into a path of temptation--solely based upon this person's previous acts. However, I never shut the person away from Christian fellowship. He had accepted Jesus and from all appearances was a doer of the word.

I do not know anything about Tommy Shelton one way or the other, so I cannot really speak to him other than to say what I said above.

--------------------
Blessings,

ToB1nJC

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." John 17:21

+Quote Post
jene
post Jan 5 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,812

Alethia, oh Alethia where art thou? giggle.gif
This "testimony" is coming straight from the victim's mouth. There is even a link to his website to show that he is a real person. What do you think popcom.gif pepsi.gif snack.gif

[quote name='Pickle' date='Jan 4 2007, 05:58 PM' post='167570']
---------Orignal Message----------

Subject: RE: Here's my email, Pastor Dunning.
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 16:09:11 -0600

Dear Bob,

Here is my follow up email from our telephone conversation yesterday January 3rd, 2007.

The purpose of this communication is to give you a personal account of how I was assaulted by Tommy Shelton, then Pastor of the Ezra Church of God.

He began to tell me that he was really embarrassed to talk about this, but he needed my help. He said that he had a problem with his testicles. It was a medical condition that was causing them to bleed. I asked him if he had been to the doctor. He replied that he was too embarrassed to be seen by the nurses and that he would not go.

He said that he had prayed about it, and God showed him how that he could be healed. He told me that God showed him that if he could apply the sperm of another man, that the proteins would heal his testicles. He then asked me if I would be willing to help him by applying my sperm to his testicles.

Being in shock, I told him that I had to think about it and left his office. I went home that afternoon and told my mother all that had gone on.

Brad Dunning
www.facs4u.com

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 5 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #50

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

I really hope we don't have to highlight the medical condition part of the story too much. I really wish it wasn't there.

But it should be pointed out that we now have two people testifying that Tommy pretends to have medical conditions that he doesn't have. Roger Clem claims that Tommy, whenever all this surfaces, suddenly has an illness which goes away whenever blows over.

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 5 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #51

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 5 2007, 08:10 PM) [snapback]167791[/snapback]

But it should be pointed out that we now have two people testifying that Tommy pretends to have medical conditions that he doesn't have. Roger Clem claims that Tommy, whenever all this surfaces, suddenly has an illness which goes away whenever blows over.

Ah, yes ... "medical conditions" appear to serve several useful purposes for Tommy. blink.gif

This post has been edited by inga: Jan 5 2007, 08:58 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 5 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #52

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Jene, you know I likes you! I have been thiknking the same thing since I replace the post, and saw Cindy in here. I guess she aint' got nowords ofr us now. Maybe it was first hand enough for her!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
jene
post Jan 5 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,812

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 5 2007, 08:10 PM) [snapback]167791[/snapback]

I really hope we don't have to highlight the medical condition part of the story too much. I really wish it wasn't there.

I was trying to highlight the abuse since Alethia was pontificating about what is and isn't evidence. I did not even think about the fact that Tommy may be feigning a "medical condition".

This post has been edited by jene: Jan 5 2007, 08:44 PM

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 5 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #54

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(jene @ Jan 5 2007, 09:44 PM) [snapback]167832[/snapback]

I was trying to highlight the abuse since Alethia was pontificating about what is and isn't evidence.
Yup, pontificating and 2guns.gif
I did not even think about the fact that Tommy may be feigning a "medical condition".
Well, he had this "medical condition" that necessitated certain sexual contact, according to Brad Dunning. uhm.gif
And now he has a "medical condition" that allows him to retire with fanfare just when the situation gets a bit hot in the limelight. uhm.gif
Convenient?

This post has been edited by inga: Jan 5 2007, 09:04 PM

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jan 5 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jan 6 2007, 04:16 AM) [snapback]167691[/snapback]

If this letter is genuine and sincere, then it sounds like an alleged case of mental illness on the part of Tommy Shelton....

Please, please, don't give me the 'mental illness line'. Some people might be mad. Others are just plain BAD!

Many years ago, I 'nursed' a Methodist Minister, who had been sexually abusing his daughter from when she was 6 weeks old. Apparently, his wife was part of the sorid actions.

He was supposed to be 'my patient', and I was told that I'd just have to learn to be objective, when I said that I'd just turn him over to the Police. I believe that I was and am still objective. They did find someone else who would be 'his nurse and counsellor'.

Put those 'rock spiders' in the prison system, where they belong, rather than allowing them to come into the 'mental health system'; hiding out, staying there for awhile and then go back into society, to abuse/re-offend yet again.

Please don't insult the victims of these herious acts, by letting the perpetrators get away will an alleged 'mental illness'. Put them where they belong - in prison (and throw away the key).

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 5 2007, 09:13 PM
Post #56

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(ToB1nJC @ Jan 5 2007, 10:39 AM) [snapback]167703[/snapback]

I wasn't a member here when you first asked but here is what I would have answered: I would never let someone I didn't know babysit for me. Period!

We had a person that would come to church that had been convicted of molestation years before... no one would let their children around this person--with good reason. I did speak to this person and would have good biblical discussions with them on many subjects, but I could never get comfortable with letting my children near the person without me present. There is nothing wrong with this for we cannot read another's heart and I didn't want to put my children in a situation where they could possibly be harmed, nor possibly put this person into a path of temptation--solely based upon this person's previous acts. However, I never shut the person away from Christian fellowship. He had accepted Jesus and from all appearances was a doer of the word.

I do not know anything about Tommy Shelton one way or the other, so I cannot really speak to him other than to say what I said above.

It is obvious that you are a very conscientious parent with your children's welfare given proper priority. You made all the right decisions in regards to the fellow church member who had been convicted of molestation years before. It would, indeed, have been inappropriate to allow your children to be around this person without you for the very reasons you cited; they could possibly be harmed and could be a path to temptation for the person with this past conviction.

Now, imagine that you have a fellow church member who has ingratiated himself to the church family, appears deeply spiritual and is trusted by all. Unbeknownst to you or anyone else, this fellow has been molesting children for years but nobody knows about it because he has loved ones who use their power and position to keep his behavior secret.

They have effectively robbed you of the knowledge that every parent deserves to have in order to make the appropriate decisions for the welfare of their children. They have effectively paved that path to temptation and put children at risk.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 5 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 5 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]167791[/snapback]

This use of poor health seems to be a very typical diversionary measure for offenders. I have seen it personally. How sad that this ploy is often so effective.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 5 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jan 5 2007, 09:11 PM) [snapback]167844[/snapback]

Put those 'rock spiders' in the prison system, where they belong, rather than allowing them to come into the 'mental health system'; hiding out, staying there for awhile and then go back into society, to abuse/re-offend yet again.

... Put them where they belong - in prison (and throw away the key).

We don't live in a theocracy anymore. That's why the government can enforce only the second table, not the first table, of the 10 Commandments.

That being said, do you know of any place in Scripture where God advocated prison time as punishment for crime? There was punishment, yes, and there was restitution, but was the punishment ever prison time?

Now while they were trying to figure out what to do with the accused, they did use prisons for that in the Pentateuch, but I don't recall prison time as punishment.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 5 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #59

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 6 2007, 05:37 AM) [snapback]167850[/snapback]

We don't live in a theocracy anymore. That's why the government can enforce only the second table, not the first table, of the 10 Commandments.

That being said, do you know of any place in Scripture where God advocated prison time as punishment for crime? There was punishment, yes, and there was restitution, but was the punishment ever prison time?

Now while they were trying to figure out what to do with the accused, they did use prisons for that in the Pentateuch, but I don't recall prison time as punishment.

Seems to me they were not allowed to remain among the living in Israel for such crimes as this.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 5 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 5 2007, 08:41 PM) [snapback]167851[/snapback]

Seems to me they were not allowed to remain among the living in Israel for such crimes as this.

And, if those guilty in this day and age don't truly repent, that same God of Israel will not allow them to remain among the living when the time comes.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:34 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church