Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11955&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:34:46 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tommy Shelton Vindicated!, I hope.
Seraphim7
post Jan 6 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #76

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Fran @ Jan 6 2007, 05:03 AM) [snapback]167900[/snapback]

Seriphim;

The victim can make it through. There are many victims alive and well today, but life is not the same as you have stated.

What about the perpetrator?

There are so many things that happen to children, and that influence them to do many things.
Now what? We will never convince someone who sees the sky as GREEN that the sky is actually BLUE

Actually, nothing in my testimony says "life is the same" or that it will ever be the same again, nor will claiming such make it so. I have testified to the fact that we do not have to "stay" physical, emotional and/or spiritual victims of the deceiver through the actions of the perpetrator(s).

As for as the perpetrator is concerned well, we prayed about it and took the time, prior to the sentencing hearing, to take "Bible Answers" and "Steps to Christ" to take to him. His mother was there, who we also kept in prayer during the hearings and still do, and I was able to talk to her and encourage her. Since we were not sure if we could give him the book we wanted to share, we asked her to be sure he gets them. I am not sure how his life has been since he was incarcerated but I pray that he, and those who were with him, realizes how good God is and will sincerely open their hearts to Christ Jesus.

Obviously life is not going to be "the same". My point is that the victim can and should let go of the fear, anger and bitterness that will destroy them from the inside out if he/she is not shown the love and mercy of God through loving and supportive family and friends. It is a long and difficult process for most people, and we acknowledge that our testimony, is just that ours. We can only encourage others to look ever to Jesus, He is wiling to aid you, He will carry you through.

Be Blessed

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Jan 6 2007, 05:17 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gracetoyou
post Jan 6 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,724

QUOTE(Lee @ Jan 6 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]167955[/snapback]

I am speaking in a general sense here. Would it be possible to discuss this privately between all of you? Does all this have to be aired for all the world to see?

Think of who may be reading what you are posting. No doubt all this will bring a terrible hurt to Danny's grandchildren, his wife Brandi and other relatives. They must feel badly that all this must be drug out into the whole world to see concerning Danny and Tommy.

I'm not saying to not discuss it at all--but can't you all just email each other privately. This should not be here in public. It is hurting many innocent people. I think especially of the letter just published by Bob Pickle about Tommy. That should have never been published here because of the children/grandchildren. That letter was too graphic to be posted on a Christian public forum. I'm NOT saying that it should not be discussed at all or that something shouldn't be done--I'm just saying it should not be put out for everyone to read.

Why can't you form an email group and discuss all this privately. Please, for the sake of the children who are reading on this forum.

Do you feel the same compassion for Linda, her children, relatives and friends who were hurt by the public divorce and trashing of Linda's reputation? Danny's the one who opened up this slimy can of worms when he ditched Linda and married Brandi.

"He who digs a pit will fall into it, and he who rolls a stone, it will come back on him. Prov. 26:27
"The measure you give will be the measure you get." Matt. 7:1

--------------------
GRACETOYOU

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:3

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 6 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #78

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 6 2007, 10:08 AM) [snapback]167962[/snapback]

ITA! Keeping it "private" and "quiet as kept" is what makes more victims.

I wonder if those that are saying this should be on the hush-hush would want it all on the hush-hush if it was their child/grandchild/niece-nephew that was victimized..... Oh. Of course not. This would be the same person that would be hot and mad as e'rything that NOBODY TOLD THEM ABOUT THE MAN MOLESTING IN THE PAST!

Sorry...but this is a sore spot for me. The SDA Church (and other churches in general) tend to want to cover up sex based crimes; but we'll go visit someone and try to evangalize in jail?
crazy.gif wallbash.gif crazy.gif

PrincessDrRe, it should be a sore spot for all of us, IMO. Honesty and transparency on this subject should not be viewed as shameful in a church. It, instead, demonstrates that the church values their members as much as our Lord does.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 6 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #79

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Lee @ Jan 6 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]167955[/snapback]

I am speaking in a general sense here. Would it be possible to discuss this privately between all of you? Does all this have to be aired for all the world to see?

Think of who may be reading what you are posting. No doubt all this will bring a terrible hurt to Danny's grandchildren, his wife Brandi and other relatives. They must feel badly that all this must be drug out into the whole world to see concerning Danny and Tommy.

I'm not saying to not discuss it at all--but can't you all just email each other privately. This should not be here in public. It is hurting many innocent people. I think especially of the letter just published by Bob Pickle about Tommy. That should have never been published here because of the children/grandchildren. That letter was too graphic to be posted on a Christian public forum. I'm NOT saying that it should not be discussed at all or that something shouldn't be done--I'm just saying it should not be put out for everyone to read.

Why can't you form an email group and discuss all this privately. Please, for the sake of the children who are reading on this forum.

One more time....

What if it's your child the next time? Will you still want it to be "kept quiet"?

wallbash.gif huh.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 6 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #80

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Lee @ Jan 6 2007, 10:43 AM) [snapback]167955[/snapback]

One way to look at it is that there is a very easy way to shut all of the discussion down regarding Tommy, Danny, and 3ABN. All we need is for Danny to make certain choices, and it's all over.

Thus far he hasn't wanted to do that. I hope he changes his mind soon before it gets any worse.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 6 2007, 06:44 PM
Post #81

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 6 2007, 07:19 PM) [snapback]168010[/snapback]

One way to look at it is that there is a very easy way to shut all of the discussion down regarding Tommy, Danny, and 3ABN. All we need is for Danny to make certain choices, and it's all over.

Thus far he hasn't wanted to do that. I hope he changes his mind soon before it gets any worse.

If Danny makes certain choices, the discussion about Tommy and child molestation charges and keeping other kids safe will shut down? Did I really just read that? This is just about Danny?

And the choice is what?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Jan 6 2007, 06:50 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 6 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #82

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Maybe I should have worded that better. There may need to be choices made by several others too.

The average person looking on can probably describe what sort of choices need to be made, and what don't need to be made.

If the choices that need to be made had been made long ago, we wouldn't be discussing any of this today.

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Jan 6 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #83

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 6 2007, 06:19 PM) [snapback]168010[/snapback]

Pickle your suggestion is the healthy approach, for our favorite inspired author says "Most difficulities could be cleared up in five minuites if we would only humble ourselves and say we are sorry". If this were to take place would it disappoint some that are reading here only to feed on the gossip? I hope most of us would rejoyce, but you are right Danny is the key player to make this happen. But he has stated on 3ABN a number of times that he knowns right from wrong in saying "Confession is GOOD for the soul, but BAD on the reputation". May he make a "good" decision this time around.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 6 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #84

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

On this, Ed, I agree with you.

I also think whoever participated in that scandalous tribute should apologize too.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 7 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #85

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Say it like this. It wouldn't just "go away" for the children (now adults) that Tommy molested and that Danny knew about and did nothing for.

Now.

Why don't someone address that? A man "of the church" that knows children are being molested and doesn't do a thang about it?

Somebody address that.

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Jan 7 2007, 12:38 AM
Post #86

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 7 2007, 12:36 AM) [snapback]168061[/snapback]

Say it like this. It wouldn't just "go away" for the children (now adults) that Tommy molested and that Danny knew about and did nothing for.

Now.

Why don't someone address that? A man "of the church" that knows children are being molested and doesn't do a thang about it?

Somebody address that.

snack.gif

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 7 2007, 05:10 AM
Post #87

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 7 2007, 05:03 AM) [snapback]168023[/snapback]

On this, Ed, I agree with you.

I also think whoever participated in that scandalous tribute should apologize too.

Very good!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 7 2007, 07:05 AM
Post #88

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 7 2007, 12:36 AM) [snapback]168061[/snapback]

You are absolutely right.

But if there were some apologies and appropriate steps taken regarding the 3ABN personnel that were involved in deceit and cover up regarding this issue, then while some may have to live with it all to the end of their days, these issues would disappear from such widespread, public scrutiny.

It is the persistant refusal to make amends that drives this public exposure.

I hope what a pastor told me last night is incorrect regarding a soon coming statement by the 3ABN board. If he was correct, I fear it will only add fuel to the fire. But maybe he was told wrong. Let's pray so.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 7 2007, 07:53 AM
Post #89

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 7 2007, 08:05 AM) [snapback]168079[/snapback]

But if there were some apologies and appropriate steps taken regarding the 3ABN personnel that were involved in deceit and cover up regarding this issue, then while some may have to live with it all to the end of their days, these issues would disappear from such widespread, public scrutiny.

I hope what a pastor told me last night is incorrect regarding a soon coming statement by the 3ABN board. If he was correct, I fear it will only add fuel to the fire. But maybe he was told wrong. Let's pray so.

I think the time is far past when any action from 3abn persons could make enough "apologies" or take any "appropriate steps" that would make the issues "disappear" from "widespread, public scrutiny". There needs to be a complete and permanent website where all these things are put on public display and left there.... not only for the latecomers who have not yet heard what has been going on at 3ABN, but also as a reminder to all who come to look at how evil was once harbored in an SDA supported institution, thus serving as a deterent to those who take those first steps of covering up and excusing sin. It also needs to be there as source material for the historians who will need to have the basic information available as they sort through it and do their varied analyses on it for the benefit of future generations, as well as today's readers.

As to what you have heard about what the board may be going to say.... I think we should hear about it here.... many hands make light work when there is sifting of truth from falsehood. If it is an untrue rumor, maybe someone here will prove it to be so. If it is truth, then we need the warning ahead of time that you could give, for if, as you seem to imply, this is not something which will aid in an actual cleanup of 3abn... then all need to know about it while there may still be time to prevent it happening.

As for "fuel to the fire".... I am recalling the fires of Battle Creek.... maybe it is in the Lord's provision that enough fuel be added so the fires, when they come, will completely consume all that needs to be consumed. In recalling the fires of Battle Creek, I am also recalling the statement made by one of the firemen whom my father knew personally.... that it seemed to those who fought the fires as though they were pouring kerosene on the fires rather than water. These Battle Creek firemen knew from experience that God's fires consume water. Remember Mt. Carmel.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 7 2007, 09:46 AM
Post #90

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 7 2007, 06:05 AM) [snapback]168079[/snapback]

Not to mention that there has been a persistant refusal to even admit that any abuse happened except for "allegations about 30 years ago" that allegedly didn't involve any "physical actions" (a minimization of the very nature and impact of molestation) along with the claim that "Tommy appologized to the kids and offered recompense". He apologized to multiple kids for allegations? Is that a sanitized and indirect way of admitting Tommy's guilt? Or What?

If this isn't priviledged information it does seem that it would be good to share it here.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:34 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church