Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12110&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:27:44 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save 3abn Website, site registered to Gailon Joy
Observer
post Jan 17 2007, 05:08 AM
Post #136

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Jan 16 2007, 07:34 PM) [snapback]170470[/snapback]

I would be interested in where that is posted on BSDA.... If anyone knows. I recieved an email from Mr. Joy denying any convictions on that charge... As I said, I have documentation saying he was found quilty. It is my understanding there is more than one charge. He may have been vindicated on some charges, but not on others. Observer, if you have the other side of the story, please tell me where I can find it.

Joe

Joe:

Mr. Joy was convicted of one charge. Multiple other charges were dropped. So, technically he was neither aquited nor convicted of those charges.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 17 2007, 07:08 AM
Post #137

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 17 2007, 04:08 AM) [snapback]170536[/snapback]

Joe:

Mr. Joy was convicted of one charge. Multiple other charges were dropped. So, technically he was neither aquited nor convicted of those charges.

Joe:

On November 23, I posted the following in a thread, in BSDA, titled "The Investigator of 3Abn [sic.].:

"In the interests of transparency, and openness, I am making the following brief statements:

1) The GAJ who was convicted of the crime of embezzlement in the VT, is the GAJ who is presently conducting an investigation into this 3-ABN mess.

2) Mr. Joy has advised several of us, to include Linda Shelton, of the details of that conviction that have not been publicly presented before.

3) Mr. Joy was charged under Title 13, part I, Chapter 57 "Larceny and Embezzlement, Subchapter II, and Section 2531. In my mind a critical part of that statute is the following: "[One may be convicted of embezzlement] notwithstanding [that] he may have an interest in such money or property,. . ." In simple language: One may be convicted even if one had a right to that money.

4) The above statue allows one convicted of the crime to be imprisoned for up to ten years, and fined up to $500.00. It should be noted that GAJ was not sentenced to prison.

5) The charge against Mr. Joy began in 1980, and continued through the end of 1984. It was brought by an organization which was essentially VT. Legal Aid (LSCVT).

6) LSCVT first brought the claim against Mr. Joy in the Vt. Superior Court. They lost.

7) The LSCVT then attempted to file in a Federal Court. They failed.

8) At that time the LSCVT attempted to settle with Mr. Joy for the payment of $1,500.00, which would be made to them, and an agreement to change certain collection rules.

NOTE: In all of the above, the charges were made against Credit Management Services Corporation (CMSC), and not Mr. Joy, personally.

9) Mr. Joy did not want CMSC to settle. As a result, he bought out the other owners of the corporation, and became a personal defendant in the litigation.

10) During this process, Mr. Joy obtained a $40,000 judgment against the LSCVT for misuse of process. That judgment was paid.

11) In the litigation that LSCVT had brought, there were 58 named plaintiffs. The Court dismissed 57 of those plaintiffs, and trial went forward with one plaintiff.

12) During this litigation, Mr. Joy controlled five different companies. He put all five of them on the line, so to speak, in order to defend his innocence. As a result, all five closed.

13) In the final end, he was convicted. He was required to pay the sum of $1,152.15 to the plaintiff.

14) Mr. Joy acknowledges his conviction. As he was the sole owner at the time of the conviction, he accepts responsibility for that conviction. He does not challenge his conviction. At the time the charges were first brought, he was not the sole owner of CMSC, and he owned less than 50 per-cent of the stock in that company. As he bought out all of the other owners under conditions where he released them from responsibility for the charges, he at the time of the conviction became solely responsible for the crime.

15) It would have been far easier to have settled the case for the required $1,500 payment when that offer was made. However, Mr. Joy believed that he was innocent. He chose not to buckle under to the pressure, and to defend his innocence. Of the 58, he stands convicted of one.

16) Yes, he exercised his legal right to defend himself. Once a definitive decision was made, he stopped the appeals, made the payment, and went on with his life. He accepted responsibility.

Folks, as I have stated from the beginning: Yes, he has been convicted of a crime. His conviction came about due to the fact that he, at the time of the conviction, was the sole owner of the corporation. It should be remembered that at the time of the commission of the crime, he was not. To me this appears to be more a crime of lack of attention to detail, and/or sloppy bookkeeping. Further, he may very well have had a right to the monies. That issues was not determined by the Court, as VT law ruled that out as a defense.

Folks, one cannot rightfully state that Mr. Joy intended to obtain monies that were not rightfully his.

All one can state is that he was convicted of a crime that was essentially inattention to detail. He paid a very large price for that omission.

Make the best of this, folks.

We believe in transparancy, and oppeness.

Let us move on to more important issues.

NOTE: In regard to item # 12: With the purchase of CMSC, and before the litigation was completed, he controlled five companies. When the litigation began he did not control that many.

This post has been edited by Observer: Nov 23 2006, 04:33 AM"

Joe, it may be helpful for you to read the whole thread as there are more comments on this situation in that thread.

If you question anything that I have said, you can check it out, and either verify or prove incorrect. I am open to either.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 17 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #138

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jan 17 2007, 05:00 AM) [snapback]170530[/snapback]

[size=2]Seems to me like there's some desperate people here, trying to send up a smoke screen and take people's minds off the issue at hand - CHILD MOLESTATION. It seems like these desperadoes are all coming from one particular corner. Yes. God DOES KNOW everything about each one of us, and He holds us accountable to do what we can, to protect children everywhere.

Tommy chose the way he wanted to go, when he ignored the requests that particular victims made, to go to law enforcement authorites and all that went with that request.

Sorry Eye Witness. I have been called a 'bleeding heart' at times, but I'm certainly not losing any sleep over Tommy having a 'health problem'. It's mighty convenient isn't it? Yes. STRESS can kill. Confession and repentence CAN bring healing. Maybe, there's a number of members of a particular family who should consider that, instead of handing it down through generation after generation. DENIAL NEVER HEALS[color=#CC0000].

Pardon me Teresa, but is God not big enough, that He can chose someone other than Danny to run 3ABN? No one person is indispensible. Anyone of us can be replaced. NO ONE is that perfect - except God alone.

Well said Ozzie. The temperature must surely be rising quickly under Danny and Tommy to have such a strong smoke screen rise up on BSDA.

------------------------------------------------------

So, Danny, do you and Tommy really think your most recent threat of lawsuits against Pastor Glenn Dryden and the Dunn Loring, Church of God, Board of Trustees will stop the information about Tommy being distributed? A person can not be convicted of slander and libel who has told the truth. The truth is that children who were molested by Tommy, in Virginia and Illinois, are now adults and are coming forward with their testimony of the heinous acts perpatrated against them. Your threats of legal action will no longer work. There are too many victims willing to tell the truth publically. Remember the truth welcomes investatgation and with that investatgation, the verification of the allegations against Tommy.

+Quote Post
Teresa Reiman
post Jan 17 2007, 07:12 PM
Post #139

Member No.: 2,821

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 16 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]170363[/snapback]

I beg your pardon.
Are you suggesting we should stand back and wait for God to send a lightning bolt? Do you honestly think that's the kindest, mopst merciful, most godly approach?

And do you think we should just stand back and let Danny compromise the financial security of the denomination through his lies and cover up, if Walt Thompson's account of what Danny told hium be correct? I think not.

Pickle sounds very much like handwriting on the wall for Belshazzar, and Nebuchadnezzar was another instance. Gosh I guess Ananis and Sapphira would be another, it wasn't Peter that took them out, but the Lord himself. Peter told them personally that they had messed up and the Lord did the rest.
The direction of Matthew 18:15-17. are steps that God sets up for His bidding. So if you have been called do such, do you have documentation showing you are following the proper steps. After all aren't you doing all this for the up holding of Christianity? Have you talked with Danny? If so, have you then taken a brother and spoke with him? If so, then where is your communication with the church? I do hope that all these documents are found here as well! Now I am sure your going to say you have completed all these steps. So what is the next step the bible says to do? Doesn't it say but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee a heathen and a publican. It does not say that you are to broadcast to the world and cast stones until you have killed the man. Instead it says let who is without sin cast the first stone. I ask you are you a sinner? If you are then stop casting stones and let God handle it. He will do a much better job at His work than you.

Teresa Reiman

+Quote Post
Teresa Reiman
post Jan 17 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #140

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 17 2007, 09:03 AM) [snapback]170589[/snapback]

Well said Ozzie. The temperature must surely be rising quickly under Danny and Tommy to have such a strong smoke screen rise up on BSDA.

------------------------------------------------------

So, Danny, do you and Tommy really think your most recent threat of lawsuits against Pastor Glenn Dryden and the Dunn Loring, Church of God, Board of Trustees will stop the information about Tommy being distributed? A person can not be convicted of slander and libel who has told the truth. The truth is that children who were molested by Tommy, in Virginia and Illinois, are now adults and are coming forward with their testimony of the heinous acts perpatrated against them. Your threats of legal action will no longer work. There are too many victims willing to tell the truth publically. Remember the truth welcomes investatgation and with that investatgation, the verification of the allegations against Tommy.

Sister you have really put alot into this. What do you look to gain from all of this that you have wrote? You are speaking to air. Gosh, you write this like maybe you could be Linda Lenz, Moore, Shelton, __________. Interesting.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 17 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #141

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Teresa Reiman @ Jan 18 2007, 03:36 AM) [snapback]170695[/snapback]

Sister you have really put alot into this. What do you look to gain from all of this that you have wrote? You are speaking to air. Gosh, you write this like maybe you could be Linda Lenz, Moore, Shelton, __________. Interesting.

Yes, interesting indeed, because you make the same mistake as many other defenders of your cause have done. You indicate that Sister is Linda. I can vouch for that these are two very distinctive persons, and that Sister has most of her information from a different source than from Linda.

It is so true that Sister has, and is, putting a lot into this. Her goal is to glorify God, and to reveal the truth that she knows from her own experience. She knows that the utter falsehood you are hiding is not to the glory of God.

Theresa, this is true for me too. I failed back in 2004 because I was afraid of Danny when he threatened to have me put in prison because I wanted to reveal the truth as I had experienced it. I was scared and ran away, but with God's help, this will never happen again. I do not fear Danny's prison. To me it means more to stand on the side of truth, and I appeal to you to be honest too. Or you may have problems on the final day of this world's history. Therefore, remember that the truth will make you free. Stop hiding in the mist of wickedness

This post has been edited by Johann: Jan 17 2007, 08:01 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Jan 17 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #142

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Teresa Reiman @ Jan 17 2007, 06:36 PM) [snapback]170695[/snapback]

I am amused (for lack of a better word) how you try to divert the attention of the reader from the issue being discussed. dunno.gif

+Quote Post
Teresa Reiman
post Jan 17 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #143

QUOTE(Ralph @ Jan 17 2007, 08:00 PM) [snapback]170708[/snapback]

I am amused (for lack of a better word) how you try to divert the attention of the reader from the issue being discussed. dunno.gif

I was just amazed at sister writing to the air. Found it very interesting how she talks as if she is Linda Shelton. But I just came from Whats Happening With Linda and read she would never say or do something to deliberatly bash someone. Well, of course this is probably just what someone else thinks about her. Eye Witness has already shown proof that she will if it's to make her case.
Teresa Reiman

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 17 2007, 08:22 PM
Post #144

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Teresa Reiman @ Jan 17 2007, 06:08 PM) [snapback]170712[/snapback]

I was just amazed at sister writing to the air. Found it very interesting how she talks as if she is Linda Shelton. But I just came from Whats Happening With Linda and read she would never say or do something to deliberatly bash someone. Well, of course this is probably just what someone else thinks about her. Eye Witness has already shown proof that she will if it's to make her case.
Teresa Reiman

hun, no need to be amazed, except you should be amazed that things are no longer secret. You're the one talking to the air. nothing you are saying makes any sense. Don't need to keep going in circles over this - it's not Linda, so maybe you should just accept it. AND, just because others know many of the things that all of you know Linda does know, also means they can tell what they know without getting it from Linda. And from where I sit, and I am sure I'm not alone, Eye witness hasn't shown any proof of anything. Of course, it is obvious you will say anything you want to get whatever response you seem to need to get.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Teresa Reiman
post Jan 17 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #145

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jan 17 2007, 08:22 PM) [snapback]170714[/snapback]

hun, no need to be amazed, except you should be amazed that things are no longer secret. You're the one talking to the air. nothing you are saying makes any sense. Don't need to keep going in circles over this - it's not Linda, so maybe you should just accept it. AND, just because others know many of the things that all of you know Linda does know, also means they can tell what they know without getting it from Linda. And from where I sit, and I am sure I'm not alone, Eye witness hasn't shown any proof of anything. Of course, it is obvious you will say anything you want to get whatever response you seem to need to get.

Well thank you for you thoughts. I guess what Eye Witness has shown, is what it is, to those who want to read it, and put pieces together. As far as making sense we make a pretty good match. I guess we can all say things to get whatever response that we want. One thing about a circle it will eventually end up where it started. giggle.gif
Teresa Reiman

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jan 17 2007, 08:37 PM
Post #146

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Teresa Reiman @ Jan 17 2007, 07:12 PM) [snapback]170684[/snapback]

The direction of Matthew 18:15-17. are steps that God sets up for His bidding. So if you have been called do such, do you have documentation showing you are following the proper steps.

Teresa Reiman

I was just reading an interesting editorial by Ted Olsen that refers to Matthew 18. Here it is:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2007/february/6.22.html

Bottom-Up Discipline
What do you do when your pastor--or your entire denomination--strays?

The bottom line was:

"A church's desire to be praised by cultural elites and a pastor's desire for sexual gratification are not that different. Pride deafens a denomination called back to Scriptures it thinks are outmoded, and it mutes a pastor who won't admit his failures to accountability partners.

There may be no Matthew 18 chapter for disciplining pastors neatly, but becoming more familiar with the thousands of verses on pride and humility would make the need for such discipline less frequent."

This author is saying that "pride deafens a denomination." Is this a possibility? When we become overcome by our own sense of pride, do we become a deaf denomination?

What about the part where Ted Olsen says that pride "mutes a pastor who won't admit his failures to accountability partners?"

By any chance, do you think that pride, inordinate self-esteem, could play a part in the House of Shelton? Could no one ever fill Danny Shelton's shoes?

Just asking.

Pete

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 17 2007, 08:37 PM
Post #147

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Teresa Reiman @ Jan 17 2007, 06:35 PM) [snapback]170720[/snapback]

Well thank you for you thoughts. I guess what Eye Witness has shown, is what it is, to those who want to read it, and put pieces together. As far as making sense we make a pretty good match. I guess we can all say things to get whatever response that we want. One thing about a circle it will eventually end up where it started. giggle.gif
Teresa Reiman

you're welcome! anytime! spoton.gif
and I'd say you described yourself quite well.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Teresa Reiman
post Jan 17 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #148

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 17 2007, 08:37 PM) [snapback]170722[/snapback]

I was just reading an interesting editorial by Ted Olsen that refers to Matthew 18. Here it is:

Bottom-Up Discipline

The bottom line was:

"A church's desire to be praised by cultural elites and a pastor's desire for sexual gratification are not that different. Pride deafens a denomination called back to Scriptures it thinks are outmoded, and it mutes a pastor who won't admit his failures to accountability partners.

There may be no Matthew 18 chapter for disciplining pastors neatly, but becoming more familiar with the thousands of verses on pride and humility would make the need for such discipline less frequent."

This author is saying that "pride deafens a denomination." Is this a possibility? When we become overcome by our own sense of pride, do we become a deaf denomination?

What about the part where Ted Olsen says that pride "mutes a pastor who won't admit his failures to accountability partners?"

By any chance, do you think that [b] pride, inordinate self-esteem, could play a part in the House of Shelton? Could no one ever fill Danny Shelton's shoes?[/b]

Just asking.

Pete

My response to your statement above is First Danny Shelton is not a Pastor and the Church is not deaf. Pride is an inward problem and I would not be able to determine that. Inordinate self-esteem I don't see. He has modest attire, no fancy this and that. Can someone else fill Danny's shoes? If the Lord has someone else, He wants, to fill the position of Danny at 3ABN, then that person would be able to do the task for they would be lead by the Lord.

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 17 2007, 08:37 PM) [snapback]170722[/snapback]

Bottom-Up Discipline

The bottom line was:

By any chance, do you think that pride, inordinate self-esteem, could play a part in the House of Shelton? Could no one ever fill Danny Shelton's shoes?

Just asking.

Pete

Why is Danny going somewhere? dunno.gif

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 17 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #149

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Teresa Reiman @ Jan 17 2007, 10:05 PM) [snapback]170732[/snapback]

Why is Danny going somewhere? dunno.gif

Are you volunteering for the removal committee?

clap.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 17 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #150

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

rofl1.gif See! That's why he be our Fearless Leader!! roflmao.gif
QUOTE(calvin @ Jan 16 2007, 06:16 PM) [snapback]170464[/snapback]

I can do it. I can put on some cowboy boots, a bright mock turtleneck and read from cue cards. The only problem I would have is devorcing Jean and marrying a spring chicken. yes.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:27 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church