Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12110&st=210 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:27:54 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save 3abn Website, site registered to Gailon Joy
PeacefulBe
post Jan 19 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #211

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 19 2007, 08:11 PM) [snapback]171268[/snapback]

I wasn't trying to be coy, I just thought that this wasn't a secret.

Since I have children, I make it a point to regularly check the national list of sex offenders. It is a very good habit for parents to get into and would suggest that everyone do this. (Not to say that there isn't forgiveness and a change of heart, but preparation is always a plus. And I wouldn't take any chances!)

There are two people that I know of that are on that list that have been or are currently working at 3ABN. You may check the facts out for yourself at www.nsopr.gov Just type in their names or town and click for a picture.

One is Herb Grimm. He is no longer at 3ABN that I know of. The other is Bill (William) Cochran who is currently working in the Production department and on the Production Truck. I do not know the specifics in either of their cases.

For the bleeding hearts out there, there is no mistake here since their pictures are also on the site. It is as simple as that.

Yes, HOTY, it is a very good habit to get into!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jan 19 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #212

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 19 2007, 02:42 PM) [snapback]171189[/snapback]

Personally, I have not mentioned nor heard mentioned the FBI, here, except by you Bystander and last night by Danny and company. What I will say is there is an investation by the EEOC, which implacates both Danny and Mollie as well as the head of Trust Services, Leonard Westfahl. I did notice that nothing was said about that situation last night. And Bystander we both know what you, ahh, Danny calls Black people behind their back as he laughs at them. I will not repeat the term here, personally I find it degrading and so as not to offend anyone else.

Another question for you? What happens to the cash donations that come into 3ABN, do they still go to Mollie Sue and Danny, BEFORE they are sent to the accounting department to be posted? And what about the cash donations that come in at the Ralley's and go back in a briefcase with Danny on the jet and are not receipted in accounting until the following Monday? What about the cash that comes into Trust Services? And what about the trips Danny has personally made to individuals that want to place their large cash donations directly into his hands?

Sister

I was killing time while getting the oil changed in my car today and got interested in an article about Sherron Watkins, the Enron whistleblower. I have always had a great deal of respect for her courage so this recent interview with her caught my eye. The more I read, the more parallels I began to see with what I have been reading about 3ABN's situation. I truly believe in the work the ministry is doing, but I believe God is doing it, not Dan or Mollie or anyone else. Anyway, here are a few Sherron Watkins quotes that caught my eye - I especially like the last one:

"The CEO of a company must have pristine ethics if there is to be any hope of ethical behavior from the employees."

"How in the world did a qualifired and talented independent board of directors waive Enron's code of conduct twice?...their judgment was severely clouded..."

"There were managers within Enron, actually in the room when Enron's questionable accounting structures were hatched, and they complained - they tried to stop their birth. But in every case that person was shot down. Others soon realized to protest was fruitless and they just left the company. Or they reacted the only way they knew how - they posted comments on Yahoo's message board."

"I think there are difficult moments of truth when leadership is tested. And if these moments are not faced honestly, if the hard decision is not made at the point, it becomes next to impossible to return to the right path. It is that rationalization we spoke of before. Once you start to rationalize, you're stuck."

"I am sure you have heard of the analogy of a frog in boiling water. If a frog is thrown in a pot of boiling water it will jump out and save itself. If a frog is in a pot of cool water that is slowly heated, he'll stay in the pot until he boils to death."

"From bosses to managers to staff, we must realize when we are in a pot of water that has gone from cool to lukewarm. We must recognize that moment of truth, we must address it and then act. Once the water is heated past lukewarm, we won't have the willpower to jump out."

"The major point I sress now is how and why company leaders must have a zero tolerance policy for ethically challenged employees. It is probably the hardest role of a CEO, but when he or she discovers that an employee has violated the company's value system, that person must go."

"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing...Being an ethical person is more than knowing right from wrong. It is having the fortitude to do right even when there is much at stake."

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 19 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #213

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Where is that fainting smilie when I need it?!! Mercy! HOTY now you know you done already got on Danny's last never this week! as-if.gif
QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 19 2007, 07:11 PM) [snapback]171268[/snapback]

I wasn't trying to be coy, I just didn't think this was a secret.

Since I have children, I make it a point to regularly check the national list of sex offenders. It is a very good habit for parents to get into and would suggest that everyone do this. (Not to say that there isn't forgiveness and a change of heart, but preparation is always a plus. And I wouldn't take any chances!)

There are two people that I know of that are on that list that have been or are currently working at 3ABN. You may check the facts out for yourself at www.nsopr.gov Just type in their names or town and click for a picture.

One is Herb Grimm. He is no longer at 3ABN that I know of. The other is Bill (William) Cochran who is currently working in the Production department and on the Production Truck. I do not know the specifics in either of their cases.

For the bleeding hearts out there, there is no mistake here since their pictures are also on the site. It is as simple as that.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 19 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #214

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Jan 19 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]171274[/snapback]

I was killing time while getting the oil changed in my car today and got interested in an article about Sherron Watkins, the Enron whistleblower. I have always had a great deal of respect for her courage so this recent interview with her caught my eye. The more I read, the more parallels I began to see with what I have been reading about 3ABN's situation. I truly believe in the work the ministry is doing, but I believe God is doing it, not Dan or Mollie or anyone else. Anyway, here are a few Sherron Watkins quotes that caught my eye - I especially like the last one:

"The CEO of a company must have pristine ethics if there is to be any hope of ethical behavior from the employees."

"How in the world did a qualifired and talented independent board of directors waive Enron's code of conduct twice?...their judgment was severely clouded..."

"There were managers within Enron, actually in the room when Enron's questionable accounting structures were hatched, and they complained - they tried to stop their birth. But in every case that person was shot down. Others soon realized to protest was fruitless and they just left the company. Or they reacted the only way they knew how - they posted comments on Yahoo's message board."

"I think there are difficult moments of truth when leadership is tested. And if these moments are not faced honestly, if the hard decision is not made at the point, it becomes next to impossible to return to the right path. It is that rationalization we spoke of before. Once you start to rationalize, you're stuck."

"I am sure you have heard of the analogy of a frog in boiling water. If a frog is thrown in a pot of boiling water it will jump out and save itself. If a frog is in a pot of cool water that is slowly heated, he'll stay in the pot until he boils to death."

"From bosses to managers to staff, we must realize when we are in a pot of water that has gone from cool to lukewarm. We must recognize that moment of truth, we must address it and then act. Once the water is heated past lukewarm, we won't have the willpower to jump out."

"The major point I sress now is how and why company leaders must have a zero tolerance policy for ethically challenged employees. It is probably the hardest role of a CEO, but when he or she discovers that an employee has violated the company's value system, that person must go."

"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing...Being an ethical person is more than knowing right from wrong. It is having the fortitude to do right even when there is much at stake."

Thank you snoopy. Nice addition to the thread. spoton.gif

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 19 2007, 08:00 PM) [snapback]171276[/snapback]

Where is that fainting smilie when I need it?!! Mercy! HOTY now you know you done already got on Danny's last never this week! as-if.gif

Maybe we should ask the boss for a smiley like that now Di - I think it's probably time anyway! giggle.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 19 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #215

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

Perhaps an "I got fired" sign should come next...

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 19 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #216

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 19 2007, 08:23 PM) [snapback]171283[/snapback]

oh dear, did you? uhm.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 19 2007, 10:33 PM
Post #217

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Aaawww! HOTY, did you? I have to admit, though, not sure that I am really that sad about it, except for the strain it puts on you being unemployed. if the answer is yes, you know we gots to get the details.

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 19 2007, 08:23 PM) [snapback]171283[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 19 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #218

Advanced Member

NO! I did not get fired.

But I'm sure I would be!

Better get that sign up and running quick!

(I think I have some time left in me. I don't believe the Lord is ready for me to go just yet.)

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 19 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #219

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Whew!!!! sweat.gif
QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 19 2007, 08:34 PM) [snapback]171287[/snapback]

NO! I did not get fired.

But I'm sure I would be!

Better get that sign up and running quick!

(I think I have some time left in me. I don't believe the Lord is ready for me to go just yet.)

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 19 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #220

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Snoopy, thank you so much for posting the quotes from that article! It really did bring a lot to this discussion.

It is quite notable that all of the statements are applicable and, as you point out, especially the last one.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 20 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #221

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Panama_?Pete @ Jan 19 2007, 02:28 PM) [snapback]171181[/snapback]

Your's Truly,

Pete's One Track Mind

I like a person that admits their weaknesses. Many of us can be one track minded at times, so don't feel bad. Anyway, No I am not addressing some or part of investigations. I said all and I meant all. Sister is the one who through in this EEOC thing in. No, they are not under investigation by that organization either. Even if they were investigated every which way that would not make them guilty of anything.

As far as sisters questions about cash being carried on the plane, if it is so..then..Linda was on that plane many many many times with that cash too. I am sure people handed her donations, at times, also. Was that ok then because it was Linda and not Danny S? IF any allegations toward Tommy S. are true and go back many many years as has been stated here, then Linda would also have been aware of those allegations. Yet I have seen Tommy & Linda on the air many times together doing music in the studio and at the Live Rally's that were "on the road." Obviously they all traveled together to these events. The job that Tommy S. held before he took over production was something in programming and would therefore be under Linda's department. Obviously she didn't have a problem with putting him in that position. Many of the accusations made toward Danny S. and other administrative heads was supposed to have happened while linda was there as 2nd in charge. So where was she while all of these alleged things were going on. if she was totally oblivious to the many charges presented here, then she was a complete failure at her job of Vice President. If she closed her eyes to these alleged sins , then she was doing exactly what Danny S. is accused of doing and should be hung out to dry in the same manner you are trying to hang him out. Last but not least, if she wasn't oblivious, and she didn't close her eyes purposly to these events, there is only one other option....she was in on everything and therefore was part of the alleged "corrupt administration." After all, I have read on this site that Linda gave 200% to the ministry. If so that certainly puts her " In the Know" with day to day happenings on the premises. No matter how you spin it folks, Linda was not a "victim."

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 20 2007, 01:08 AM
Post #222

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 20 2007, 02:00 AM) [snapback]171318[/snapback]

After all, I have read on this site that Linda gave 200% to the ministry. If so that certainly puts her " In the Know" with day to day happenings on the premises. No matter how you spin it folks, Linda was not a "victim."

Whether Linda was innocent or not of the same things as Dan, she ended up a victim in the end.

How can you justify the diffence in treatment that Linda and Tommy received. If both are guilty of what they've been accused of, then why was the treatment so severe for one and the other soft as Charmin?

Don't assume that this site is pro-Linda, anti-Dan, because that isn't the case.

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 20 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #223

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 19 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]171318[/snapback]

I like a person that admits their weaknesses. Many of us can be one track minded at times, so don't feel bad. Anyway, No I am not addressing some or part of investigations. I said all and I meant all. Sister is the one who through in this EEOC thing in. No, they are not under investigation by that organization either. Even if they were investigated every which way that would not make them guilty of anything.

As far as sisters questions about cash being carried on the plane, if it is so..then..Linda was on that plane many many many times with that cash too. I am sure people handed her donations, at times, also. Was that ok then because it was Linda and not Danny S? IF any allegations toward Tommy S. are true and go back many many years as has been stated here, then Linda would also have been aware of those allegations. Yet I have seen Tommy & Linda on the air many times together doing music in the studio and at the Live Rally's that were "on the road." Obviously they all traveled together to these events. The job that Tommy S. held before he took over production was something in programming and would therefore be under Linda's department. Obviously she didn't have a problem with putting him in that position. Many of the accusations made toward Danny S. and other administrative heads was supposed to have happened while linda was there as 2nd in charge. So where was she while all of these alleged things were going on. if she was totally oblivious to the many charges presented here, then she was a complete failure at her job of Vice President. If she closed her eyes to these alleged sins , then she was doing exactly what Danny S. is accused of doing and should be hung out to dry in the same manner you are trying to hang him out. Last but not least, if she wasn't oblivious, and she didn't close her eyes purposly to these events, there is only one other option....she was in on everything and therefore was part of the alleged "corrupt administration." After all, I have read on this site that Linda gave 200% to the ministry. If so that certainly puts her " In the Know" with day to day happenings on the premises. No matter how you spin it folks, Linda was not a "victim."

Then I suggest you stop "spinning it". DS is corrupt, anyone in his path is tainted and that's it in a nut shell.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 20 2007, 01:38 AM
Post #224

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 20 2007, 01:08 AM) [snapback]171320[/snapback]

Whether Linda was innocent or not of the same things as Dan, she ended up a victim in the end.

How can you justify the diffence in treatment that Linda and Tommy received. If both are guilty of what they've been accused of, then why was the treatment so severe for one and the other soft as Charmin?

Don't assume that this site is pro-Linda, anti-Dan, because that isn't the case.

First off of course this site is pro linda anti dan. How can I justify the difference? Easy. I understand that Linda was let go after proof was found of wrong doing and it was understood by those involved, after a time, that the marriage would not be reconciled. Even with the reasons of dismissal It is again my understanding that when Linda left, she was compensated extremely well ( and that is an understatement) for her years of service. I was told that Tommy S. was not in any way, dismissed. He retired due to health reasons which I believe Joe smith named hospitals and dates and also heart surgeries that he has been through. So we know that this was not an excuse to hide the allegations that Danny got rid of him. Either he has had a heart attack or he hasn't. Either he has had stint and balloon heart surgeries as Joe stated or he has not. Any doubters please, check the hospitals that Joe named. you will find it is all true that he is in severly poor health due to heart problems. HOTY You can only compare apples to apples. These circumstances are in no way related.

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Jan 20 2007, 01:55 AM
Post #225

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

Bystander, I could apply your name to myself - I am a bystander with no direct interest in either side of all this discussion.

But I have read most of what has been posted - and if you had, you would know that one of the points of contention in the divorce was the reliability of the evidence of Linda's wrongdoing. For instance, when she was alleged to have been with the doctor in one place, Johann as a first hand witness put her some where else, without the doctor.

She received monetary compensation, and I am no judge of its adequacy, but with that had to accept a gag order while the other party to the marriage was free to say whatever he liked about her on world wide television.

Linda not a victim? What is your definition of a victim?

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:27 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church