Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12110&st=360 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:28:14 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save 3abn Website, site registered to Gailon Joy
PeacefulBe
post Feb 1 2007, 10:09 AM
Post #361

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 30 2007, 08:26 AM) [snapback]173953[/snapback]

Snip...

If so, then six of the seven would be considered "consenting" adults. And perhaps even the one under age was consenting, who knows if any of this is true. I have my doubts not because you posted it or because Mr. Joy investigated this, but because none of the 7 prosecuted TS or took him to court. I would certainly suggest to them that they do so as soon as possible.
underage= under 18
consenting= age of consent 17

and all at this point "alleged"

Cindy, I know that others have made comments on this specific post but I just have to add my own:

These, the sentences above that I have highlighted, are outrageous, offensive and contemptible! Your entire paragraph shows that you have no understanding whatsoever of the subjects of sexual assault, victimization, or abuse versus consent.

It is completely clear to me that you and I differ in our interpretation and comprehension of the words and information posted here on the 3abn forum. Therefore, since I don't understand what language you are speaking, I plan to pass by your future postings. I invite you to do the same with my own.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 1 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #362

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

Welcome back TB. I wish I had seen you, perhaps I couldn't gotten you a little secret message! Covert-like!

Thanks for thinking of me...but be assured, that I am not the only employee who reads or posts here or feels the same as we do.

This post has been edited by husbandoftheyear: Feb 1 2007, 07:01 PM

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 2 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #363

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

If you'll check the bottom of the article, it comes from www.wikipeida.org, an online encyclopedia that is gaining in popularity.

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jan 30 2007, 12:09 AM) [snapback]173877[/snapback]

VERY interesting!!!!

parts I thought note worthy...

The president of the network throughout its existence has been Danny Shelton, 54, who hosts the network's flagship program, 3ABN Today. Shelton co-founded the ministry with his wife at the time, Linda Shelton. Danny and Linda Shelton were divorced in June 2004. The divorce has led to an ongoing controversy regarding grounds, and his subsequent marriage to a woman over 20 years younger than him has raised a debate on public forums such as www.blacksda.com as to the reason for his divorce. scratchchin.gif

Danny Shelton married Brandy Lynn Elswick, 33, on March 8, 2006 on the set of 3ABN Presents in a non-broadcast ceremony.

3ABN was banned from carriage by cable and DBS (Direct Broadcast Systems) by the government of India in May, 2006. The Indian Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act of 1995 specifically forbids carriage of networks that disparage groups, or religions. 3ABN as a network, and Danny Shelton in several of his books, have strongly attacked the Catholic Church saying that the Pope is the anti-Christ of biblical apocalypse, and that Catholics and those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday are taking the biblical "mark of the beast."

3ABN has also recently been removed from carriage on the Dominion Sky Angel DBS system which is available on the Dishnetwork platform. They have now launched a write-in campaign encouraging viewers and Seventh-day Adventists to write Dishnetwork requesting that 3ABN be placed on Dishnetwork's lineup.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 2 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #364

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

There is a new item on the Save3ABN website. It is a copy of an email from Mr. Joy to attorney Gerry Spence asking for a referral for legal assistance.

This is a pretty impressive "friend" or contact to be able to ask advise from, and I am going to be fascinated to see what results from this contact with Mr. Spence.

For those who have been decrying lack of proof and lack of factual evidence on so many different issues regarding 3ABN, IMO if Mr. Joy is confident enough to contact Gerry Spence with this matter the scales have just crashed to one side.

noahswife

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 2 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #365

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Feb 2 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]174694[/snapback]

There is a new item on the Save3ABN website. It is a copy of an email from Mr. Joy to attorney Gerry Spence asking for a referral for legal assistance.

This is a pretty impressive "friend" or contact to be able to ask advise from, and I am going to be fascinated to see what results from this contact with Mr. Spence.

For those who have been decrying lack of proof and lack of factual evidence on so many different issues regarding 3ABN, IMO if Mr. Joy is confident enough to contact Gerry Spence with this matter the scales have just crashed to one side.

noahswife

Perhaps you would fill us in on who this Mr. Spence is that causes you to write so confidently about him?

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 2 2007, 01:28 PM
Post #366

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Feb 2 2007, 02:17 PM) [snapback]174700[/snapback]

Perhaps you would fill us in on who this Mr. Spence is that causes you to write so confidently about him?

Do you remember Karen Silkwood? Imelda Marcos and Randy Weaver?
Not everyone is going to like his clients. IT is the what he stands for that I admire.
Rather than express my own admiration for the man, here is some online information:

This is from http://www.triallawyerscollege.com/gerry/bio.html

He spent his early years as a prosecutor and gradually developed an insurance clientele, becoming one of the leading defense attorneys in the intermountain west. After successfully defending insurance companies for many years he "saw the light" and took on a new direction—representing people. No more corporations, insurance companies, banks, or big businesses. Representing people remains his steadfast commitment.

Spence first gained national recognition when he received a $10,500,000 verdict against Kerr-McGee in the Karen Silkwood case on behalf of her children. Later he earned such verdicts as $26,535,000 against Penthouse for Miss Wyoming and successfully defended Ed Cantrell in the famous Rock Springs, Wyoming murder case. Spence received a $52,000,000 verdict against McDonald's Corporation, the fast-food chain, on behalf of a small, bankrupt, family-owned ice cream company for McDonald's breach of an oral contract. A Utah medical malpractice verdict of over $4,000,000 established a new standard for nursing care in that state. In 1990 he won acquittal for Imelda Marcos on multiple charges after a three and one-half month trial in New York City. In 1992, he received a record-breaking $15,000,000 verdict for emotional damages incurred by his quadriplegic client because a major insurance company refused to pay the $50,000 policy more than twenty years earlier. Two weeks later he added $18,500,000 in punitive damages to the award. In 1993, Spence successfully defended Randy Weaver on murder, assault, conspiracy, and gun charges in the famous Idaho federal standoff case. He has not lost a jury trial since 1969, and he has never lost a criminal case.

Here is the wikipedia entry for Mr. Spence:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Spence

You probably will recognize his photo as he has been a legal talking head in the past.....including for NBC in the OJ trial.......

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 2 2007, 02:23 PM
Post #367

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(watchbird @ Feb 2 2007, 12:17 PM) [snapback]174700[/snapback]

It is probably premature to believe that Mr. Spence would become involved.

However, Gerry Spence is one of the best known attornies in the United States. He is a legend himself. He may look and dress like a cowboy from WY, but his achievements in court have earned him a national reputation. I understand that he is semi-retired now. But, he has not quit completely. In addition, he works with people whom he has trained and practice law in the manner in which he practiced.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 2 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #368

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 2 2007, 03:23 PM) [snapback]174735[/snapback]

However, Gerry Spence is one of the best known attornies in the United States. He is a legend himself. He may look and dress like a cowboy from WY, but his achievements in court have earned him a national reputation. I understand that he is semi-retired now. But, he has not quit completely. In addition, he works with people whom he has trained and practice law in the manner in which he practiced.

I quite agree that it is more than premature to think Mr. Spence would be involved (and what it means if he did not get involved is not worth speculating about either). I made my comments primarily because I did not see any other posts discussing the posting of the email on the save3abn.com website and because I wanted to make sure when people did become aware of it they understood who was being contacted for legal advice.

I have seen many allegations by one camp that Mr. Joy does not know what he is doing or that he does not have any qualifications. I have read several of Mr. Spence's books and heard him speak in person. There are few if any legal practitioners that I respect more. Gerry Spence would not tolerate a fool on a fool's mission and I am certain Mr. Joy must know that.

Sharing the email to Gerry Spence could be seen as either brave or foolish depending on one's point of view as it will increase speculation of the viability of the cause if we never hear what happened in response.

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Feb 2 2007, 03:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 2 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #369

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

This is defnitely true. i remember seeing him on TV with a few high profile cases. If I am not mistaken I think I saw him, quite by accident on CNN one morning. dunno.gif

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 2 2007, 12:23 PM) [snapback]174735[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 16 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #370

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(princessdi @ Feb 2 2007, 04:33 PM) [snapback]174761[/snapback]

This is defnitely true. i remember seeing him on TV with a few high profile cases. If I am not mistaken I think I saw him, quite by accident on CNN one morning. dunno.gif

Gotta take your word for it PDi... I'm not familiar with the name, sowwy.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 16 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #371

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Mar 16 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]185792[/snapback]

Gotta take your word for it PDi... I'm not familiar with the name, sowwy.

I believe he represented Randy Weaver in the Ruby Ridge case. And Di may have seen him because he was one of two who did CNN's commentary and analysis during the O.J. trial, and still continues to do so as a semi returning regular on CNN whenever there is a high profile case.

I wondered when I read Gailon letter, if he'd even bother to respond.

It's been quite awhile, and since Gailon and Joy are so quick to publish things on their Save3ABN Not site.... It looks like no news is good news, doesn't fit this time... dunno.gif

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 27 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #372

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 1 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]174481[/snapback]

Welcome back TB. I wish I had seen you, perhaps I couldn't gotten you a little secret message! Covert-like!

Thanks for thinking of me...but be assured, that I am not the only employee who reads or posts here or feels the same as we do.

HOTY you are thought of often! And some of us know that this is true; there are many employees that read and post here.

I'm sure they are also keeping an eye on the save3ab webiste. It's a good place to visit e'vry now and again...and then some yes.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Observer
post Apr 3 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #373

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

I have stated that people who understand the legal system are not eager to go into court because one cannot predict with certainty what will happen. Please allow me to tell you a story from another venu.

Many of you may know that I spent 20 years of my life wearing the uniform of the U. S. Army. For two years I was an unarmed medic, and for 18 years I was an unarmed SDA chaplain. With that in my background I maintain contact with those roots, to include military history. I can tell you some interesting stories. A couple of months ago I read a true account of hundreds of Japanese who surrendered to a single low-ranking enlisted person on one of the islands in the Pacific. In doing so, he was able to save their lives from what would have been certain death.

A few days ago I read another story that may have someting to say to us that can be applied to 3-ABN litigation. Again, it may not.

During the war with Viet Nam a group of 18 U.S. military was placed far behind the line on Nui Vu Hill, otherwise known as Hill 488. That hill rose some 1,500 feet above the surrounding surface, and was basiclly flat on top with almost no shelter. Two days after the placement of the 18 U.S. they were discovered. The North Vietnamese lanched an attack on them with a force of more than 450 highly trained soldiers.

The U. S. forces held their own against superior forces. In that process, they ran low on ammunition. At that time the Vietnamese decided to try psychological worfare. So, broadcasting in English, and/or with loudspekers, they sent a message to the U.S. fources that they would all be dead in one hour. The U.S. fources responded with a loud horse laugh that went on for some time. Later, captured Viet Namese told us that the laughter of the U.S. forces completely shook them up. They simply did not understand, and wondered what was going on.

A short time later, with ammmo running low, the U.S. fources began throwing rocks at the VC. The expected happened. Everytime they threw a rock, the nearby VC would think it was a grenade, and they would jump up and run away.

This all happened in the early hours of the morning. As dawn came, the commander of the U.S. fources ordered that Revellie be played. That was more than the VC could fathom. They did not know what was going on with the U.S. forces. They began to retreat.

As the morning dawned, with the battle over, the U.S. forces had only 8 rounds of ammo. Six of the 18 had died. Nine of the 18 had to be carried off on stretchers, and only three were able to walk off the hill.

How does this relate to 3-ABN?

Well, Linda's group is described as a very small group. In fact, often only two or three names are mentioned. The 3-ABN forces are described as well organized, and well funded. They consider themselves to be invincible.

It seems that they are engaged in psychological warfare against the supporters of Linda.

Success does not always come to the best resourced.

NOTE: I shall attemt to not tell you a war story again.

NOTE: For a source for my story see: Sasser, Charles W. "Siege of Hill 488," VFW, April 2007, pp 42 - 44.

This post has been edited by Observer: Apr 4 2007, 05:27 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 3 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #374

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Gregory,
That was a most inspirational story! Please don't refrain from more in the future.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Apr 3 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #375

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 3 2007, 03:35 PM) [snapback]189799[/snapback]

Gregory,
That was a most inspirational story! Please don't refrain from more in the future.

PB

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif ......I agree!! Please keep the stories coming...!!

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:28 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church