Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12180&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:55:34 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Letter To Calvin, "Boss" Means Accountability
Fran
post Mar 5 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #106

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 5 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]182625[/snapback]

That isn't correct.

The County court ruled that on a local level, 3ABN was not entitled to a religious exemption and had to pay local property taxes. This is being appealed.

3ABN is still a self sustaining ministry and a Not for profit business, the local court did not change that.

Nor to the best of my knowledge did that case change anything to do with the IRS on the federal level, or 3ABN's status or exemptions when filing the required federal tax forms..

Good post; however, I would have added the words, "To date," at the end of paragraph 2 & 3.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 5 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #107

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(awesumtenor)

The rest of the world is waiting for the proof of Linda Shelton's adultery... and have been waiting for a lot longer than Aletheia... as you said... not spewing words... but actual PROOF...You know, as in documented evidence for what you say?

But there really isn't any proof, right? Otherwise your camp wouldn't be hiding in shadows and dealing in innuendo and rumor.

You'd have put it out there and been done with it... but instead we've seen 3 years come and go and no proof...

Keepin Track of the Silence

You have probably noticed the deafening silence, awesome, when your kind of suggestion is mentioned. Same silence in a couple other areas (fincancial, structural, ethical). This silence has its purpose though, while their thirst for real bona fide adultry remains unquenched: their aim appears to be to hold the accused hostage. This is something they obviously seem to enjoy since they only have "talk" of proof, not anything logical or biblical. This is why the challenge to bring it on. It calls their bluff. They don't know where to turn, and so the silence and continued hostage making. It's what they do best. and it's killing them in the public spectrum. In a way, it's good they can't see this.

There are those of us who are keeing track of the silence. This repeated silence is often a symptom of a conscience being pricked. It's become their pattern. This is part of what caused me to fall one way rather than the other.

Re all this "proof" talk, the only thing they seem capable of proving, invariably, is that they just don't get it (this may be a godsend). They have very little, if any, ability to properly evaluate the difference between forensic proof--at the professional level, and the appearance of something being obviously wrong--just using our common sense.

One need use little more than Occam's Razor to come to a reasonable conclusion with the two or three controversial issues here that continue to plague the reputation of 3abn, because this method of arriving at pratical conclusions does not involve conclusive proof at all, but perception. The damage has already been done.

QUOTE(Aletheia)
3ABN is still a self sustaining ministry and a Not for profit business, the local court did not change that.

The State of Illinos, Dept. of Revenue, Office of Administrateive Hearings, determined that only two 14x18 ft. rooms qualified for your NFP tax exempt status...not the several acres being claimed.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 5 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #108

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 5 2007, 08:42 PM) [snapback]182668[/snapback]

Keepin Track of the Silence

You have probably noticed the deafening silence, awesome, when your kind of suggestion is mentioned. Same silence in a couple other areas (fincancial, structural, ethical). This silence has its purpose though, while their thirst for real bona fide adultry remains unquenched: their aim appears to be to hold the accused hostage. This is something they obviously seem to enjoy since they only have "talk" of proof, not anything logical or biblical. This is why the challenge to bring it on. It calls their bluff. They don't know where to turn, and so the silence and continued hostage making. It's what they do best. and it's killing them in the public spectrum. In a way, it's good they can't see this.

There are those of us who are keeing track of the silence. This repeated silence is often a symptom of a conscience being pricked. It's become their pattern. This is part of what caused me to fall one way rather than the other.

Re all this "proof" talk, the only thing they seem capable of proving, invariably, is that they just don't get it (this may be a godsend). They have very little, if any, ability to properly evaluate the difference between forensic proof--at the professional level, and the appearance of something being obviously wrong--just using our common sense.

One need use little more than Occam's Razor to come to a reasonable conclusion with the two or three controversial issues here that continue to plague the reputation of 3abn, because this method of arriving at pratical conclusions does not involve conclusive proof at all, but perception. The damage has already been done.

I perceive and appreciate your healthy and objective concern.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Carmel
post Mar 5 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #109

Member No.: 2,870

So, where has 3ABN not heeded what Ellen White or the Bible says? Again--proof please!

That's easy, Lee! Here is the proof:

In the words of Jesus:
" Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her. And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery." Mark10:11.12

"Whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery, and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery." Mathew 5:32;

and His servant Paul:

... "A husband is not to divorce his wife." 1. Corinthians 7:11

Danny has not only divorced his wife without the ground of sexual immorality, but has married one who has been already twice divorced herself.

According to the Bible, both Danny and Brandy are living in adultery.

As far as abusing of the authority is concerned, here is one of the proofs:

To quote Danny himself: "even a 3 year old knows this one":

"Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed me! But you say, in what way have we robbed You? In tithes and offerings... Bring all the tithes into THE STOREHOUSE, that there may be food in MY HOUSE.. says THE LORD of hosts. Malachi 3:8-10

The Working Policy of the North American Division. Section T 05 20 states:"It is recognized that the local conference level of denominational organization is the "storehouse" to which all tithe should be sent and from which the Gospel ministry is supported."

Danny has abused his authority by encouraging the audience to give their tithe to 3ABN, and by receiving what belongs only to God.

Carmel

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 5 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #110

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 5 2007, 08:58 AM) [snapback]182625[/snapback]

That isn't correct.

The County court ruled that on a local level, 3ABN was not entitled to a religious exemption and had to pay local property taxes. This is being appealed.

3ABN is still a self sustaining ministy and a Not for profit business, the local court did not change that.

Nor to the best of my knowledge did that case change anything to do with the IRS on the federal level, or 3ABN's status or exemptions when filing the required federal tax forms..

Alethia:

I do not believe that you are not quite correct. Please correct me if I am wroing:

1) Judge Rowe ruled that 3-ABN was generally required to pay the local school tax. I do not beleive that her ruling required that 3-ABN pay other local property taxes.

2) The ruling of Judge Rowe did not change the nor for profit states of 3-ABN in regard to either the State of Illonios, or the Federal government. However, she did rule that in regard to the payment of local school taxes, 3-ABN did not meet State requirements to be considered exempt due to a not for profit status.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 5 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #111

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Carmel @ Mar 5 2007, 12:27 PM) [snapback]182691[/snapback]

... "A husband is not to divorce his wife." 1. Corinthians 7:11
Danny has not only divorced his wife without the ground of sexual immorality, but has married one who has been already twice divorced herself.
Carmel

You have a rude awakening coming, Carmel. Read the other recent post where the other sides own emails prove there was a way different relationship going on than professional over Nathan. And, you will have to believe it, because they, themselves have produced the emails that prove it.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 5 2007, 03:49 PM
Post #112

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

You are incorrect.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 5 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #113

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Emails from who? Come on Bystander. you know you have no proof, and no credibility. this is the same junk they have been spouting from the beginning. Didn't believe it then, don't believe it now............want to change it...bring the evidence....bring it on! Or jes let that lie go! Admit to the error in judgement about trying to use the "spititual adultery" thing and cut your losses.

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 5 2007, 01:44 PM) [snapback]182740[/snapback]

You have a rude awakening coming, Carmel. Read the other recent post where the other sides own emails prove there was a way different relationship going on than professional over Nathan. And, you will have to believe it, because they, themselves have produced the emails that prove it.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 5 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #114

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 5 2007, 06:04 AM) [snapback]182579[/snapback]

3ABN is an independent ministry, like TBN that is independent of church afflication---it is a non-profit organization business. The sound counsel from Sis. Ellen have no bearing in this case, IMHO. That would be like starting a store that becomes successful and hen someone saying that you no longer have a right to be the owner, simply becasue you have been over it for more than 5 years.... it does not wash. no.gif thumbdown.gif [/color]

You are correct SS. We are comparing apples and oranges.

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 5 2007, 02:50 PM) [snapback]182743[/snapback]

Emails from who? Come on Bystander. you know you have no proof, and no credibility. this is the same junk they have been spouting from the beginning. Didn't believe it then, don't believe it now............want to change it...bring the evidence....bring it on! Or jes let that lie go! Admit to the error in judgement about trying to use the "spititual adultery" thing and cut your losses.

The emails that have already been posted from DS to Johann and the posts where Johann has already confirmed the information of their "not strictly professional" relationship. That is the emails I am referring to.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 5 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #115

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 5 2007, 11:57 PM) [snapback]182746[/snapback]

The emails that have already been posted from DS to Johann and the posts where Johann has already confirmed the information of their "not strictly professional" relationship. That is the emails I am referring to.

Again you misinterpret things, but this is not new from you.

Did you ever have a real friend, Bystander? A friendship not based on selfish motives?

This post has been edited by Johann: Mar 5 2007, 04:14 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 5 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #116

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Oh ya, a "not strictly professional" relationship is enough proof for me that they were having a physical relationship. Since when is it Biblical grounds for divorce to be friends with, even very good friends with, those of the opposite sex? I don't know about anyone else on here but if that was the proof my wife would have had Biblical grounds for divorce long ago.

Richard

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 5 2007, 04:57 PM) [snapback]182746[/snapback]

The emails that have already been posted from DS to Johann and the posts where Johann has already confirmed the information of their That is the emails I am referring to.

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Mar 5 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #117

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Mar 5 2007, 06:12 PM) [snapback]182799[/snapback]

Oh ya, a "not strictly professional" relationship is enough proof for me that they were having a physical relationship. Since when is it Biblical grounds for divorce to be friends with, even very good friends with, those of the opposite sex? I don't know about anyone else on here but if that was the proof my wife would have had Biblical grounds for divorce long ago.

Richard

Richard,The point is, it wasn't a professional relationship, so, there were lies told that it was. Why were lies told. What needed to be covered up? Things that you have no idea about obviously or you would not continue to make lame excuses. It always shocks me how people like you have come to all these conclusions when you don't have all the facts. That shows, that you had your mind up to be a lindanite from the beginning and nothing is going to change that.
Fine, that is your choice.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 5 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #118

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Did you hear Linda say they were only having a professional relationship? Or is this 2nd hand info from someone with the initials of DS.

And you are now a mind reader that you can see that my mind was made up before coming to these boards? Actually just the opposite is true, I started out over on Maitime posting things in defence of Danny. I actually believed that he had Biblical reasons for a divorce, and I thought Dr. Thompson gave a legit defence and so emailed his letter to Daryl. What got me questioning things were Danny's actions and words, nothing more nothing less.

BTW do you have all the facts? I think not.

Richard

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 5 2007, 07:45 PM) [snapback]182815[/snapback]

Richard,The point is, it wasn't a professional relationship, so, there were lies told that it was. Why were lies told. What needed to be covered up? Things that you have no idea about obviously or you would not continue to make lame excuses. It always shocks me how people like you have come to all these conclusions when you don't have all the facts. That shows, that you had your mind up to be a lindanite from the beginning and nothing is going to change that.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 5 2007, 07:47 PM
Post #119

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

It's not a church. I would not expect Calvin to ever consider giving up BSDA (God forbid) because now that he has applied to keep the name SDA as a part of it, someone decides that he has been here long enough, they don't like the way it is being run (or the 3ABN forum) and want to put someone else over it...when they don't even own it.....That's my point.

If it is an independent ministry or business you can't suddenly decide to run it like the church...sorry.
no.gif

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 5 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]182650[/snapback]

So, here I was instructed that 3ABN was a conservative Adventist ministry - and this was one reason I accepted working for them. One of the marks of conservative Adventists is that they also heed the instructions given by Ellen White. Are we now discovering that the standards of the church are not applicable to 3ABN?

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 5 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #120

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(wwjd)
The point is, it wasn't a professional relationship, so, there were lies told that it was. Why were lies told. What needed to be covered up? Things that you have no idea about obviously or you would not continue to make lame excuses. It always shocks me how people like you have come to all these conclusions when you don't have all the facts. That shows, that you had your mind up to be a lindanite from the beginning and nothing is going to change that.

Not really. Wishful thinking is clouding your better judgement. You sound soooooooo thirsty for this to be true bona fide infidelity that you can't reason from cause to effect, nor can you allow for other possibilities and explanations. A good man doesn't force a woman back in her shell, deny her what she needs most (friends), then punish her for telling a white lie. She knows the hell she'll have to face once again if she's open and honest about everything that causes her sick, sick, jealous, dyspetic husband to explode.

This is not infidelity, nor is it merely "your choice." This is immaturity at its best.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church