Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12180&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:55:32 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Letter To Calvin, "Boss" Means Accountability
Aletheia
post Mar 5 2007, 09:58 AM
Post #91

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 5 2007, 09:45 AM) [snapback]182604[/snapback]

the court determined that 3abn was NOT a nonprofit business.... there is definitely profit being made.... and spent....

That isn't correct.

The County court ruled that on a local level, 3ABN was not entitled to a religious exemption and had to pay local property taxes. This is being appealed.

3ABN is still a self sustaining ministy and a Not for profit business, the local court did not change that.

Nor to the best of my knowledge did that case change anything to do with the IRS on the federal level, or 3ABN's status or exemptions when filing the required federal tax forms..

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 5 2007, 10:01 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 5 2007, 10:04 AM
Post #92

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 5 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]182625[/snapback]

That isn't correct.

The County court ruled that on a local level, 3ABN was not entitled to a religious exemption and had to pay local property taxes. This is being appealed.

3ABN is still a self sustaining ministy and a Not for profit business, the local court did not change that.

Nor to the best of my knowledge did that case change anything to do with the IRS on the federal level, or 3ABN's status or exemptions when filing the required federal tax forms..

42 million in assets... whateva.... keep spinnin that foolishness...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 5 2007, 10:04 AM
Post #93

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Carmel @ Mar 5 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]182619[/snapback]

First: as Clay said, the court has determined 3ABN is not a nonprofit organization.

Second: they are a ministry, not a typical business, where if you are a good businessman, you can and should remain in your position as long as a business is growing and making profit.

By their influence they are presenting or misrepresenting God to those who look at them.

That's why I think this quote applies even to Danny who is not a minister, nor a president of the conference, the PRINCIPLE still works in his case.
"If a minister has been unfaithful in his work it is not likely that he will mend the matter by remaining. The churches become accustomed to the management of that one man, and think they must look to him instead of to God. His ideas and plans have a contorolling power in the conference..."

"The people may see that he errs in judgment, and because of this they learn to place a low estimate upon the ministry... the church members settle down, indifferent, lukeworm, doing nothing to bring thinks into order...."

Even though Danny is far from being a minister or a president of a conference, through his business he has accomplished exactly the same. Am I right?
Carmel

I think you are right... and that you have put your finger squarely on the weakness of independent ministries. While there are no other such ministries that I know of who abuse their power nor misappropriate their funds to the extent that 3abn has done, the problem of one person control... and one family control.... is still a potential problem. Which is why all such ministries need to have lines of accountability.... and those lines should reach far enough beyond themselves so any problems that develop can be solved by those outside of the power structure of the ministry.... up to and including even permanent replacement of leaders and founders.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 5 2007, 10:17 AM
Post #94

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 5 2007, 06:04 PM) [snapback]182627[/snapback]

I think you are right... and that you have put your finger squarely on the weakness of independent ministries. While there are no other such ministries that I know of who abuse their power nor misappropriate their funds to the extent that 3abn has done, the problem of one person control... and one family control.... is still a potential problem. Which is why all such ministries need to have lines of accountability.... and those lines should reach far enough beyond themselves so any problems that develop can be solved by those outside of the power structure of the ministry.... up to and including even permanent replacement of leaders and founders.

People here are concluding this is serious business, and needs to be dealt with as such. And since this business advocates working for the Lord, counsel is needed from the Lord, and not only from the internal voices of praise to one of the co-founders.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 5 2007, 10:37 AM
Post #95

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 5 2007, 11:04 AM) [snapback]182627[/snapback]

Lacking here, as usual.

Proof funds have been misapropriated to such an extent, or to any extent...

Proof that those you are claiming have abused their authority, have done so...

Proof, one family is controllong 3ABN... ( how many on the board are Shelton's?)

Proof one person controls all others....

Proof, that there are no lines of accountability..

And yes, the burden of proof lies on the accuser, the one making the claims against another.

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 5 2007, 11:04 AM) [snapback]182626[/snapback]

42 million in assets... whateva.... keep spinnin that foolishness...

Clay,

Itt doesn't matter how much a company brings in or doesn't bring in, when it comes to being a profit or not for profit business, it does depend on what that money is for and does.. Yes 3ABN generates alot of money and it costs alot of money to do the work and ministry they do...

Feel free to cite any document or official source claiming and showing that 3ABN is no longer a not for profit organization, and proving they are legally classed otherwise...

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 5 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #96

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Aletheia..... keep spinnin sister keep spinnin.... its amazing you don't get dizzy from all that spinning....

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 5 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #97

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

O.K., if deemed a business by the judical branch of our government, even moreso a reason why the standards of a church cannot be equivocated to it, and the EGW counsel not be applicable....

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 5 2007, 09:45 AM) [snapback]182604[/snapback]

the court determined that 3abn was NOT a nonprofit business.... there is definitely profit being made.... and spent....

Not the same....this now explains why many ministers are beginning their own "corporations" or "non-denominational, independent ministries".... scratchchin.gif

QUOTE(Carmel @ Mar 5 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]182619[/snapback]

First: as Clay said, the court has determined 3ABN is not a nonprofit organization.

Second: they are a ministry, not a typical business, where if you are a good businessman, you can and should remain in your position as long as a business is growing and making profit.

By their influence they are presenting or misrepresenting God to those who look at them.

That's why I think this quote applies even to Danny who is not a minister, nor a president of the conference, the PRINCIPLE still works in his case.
"If a minister has been unfaithful in his work it is not likely that he will mend the matter by remaining. The churches become accustomed to the management of that one man, and think they must look to him instead of to God. His ideas and plans have a contorolling power in the conference..."

"The people may see that he errs in judgment, and because of this they learn to place a low estimate upon the ministry... the church members settle down, indifferent, lukeworm, doing nothing to bring thinks into order...."

Even though Danny is far from being a minister or a president of a conference, through his business he has accomplished exactly the same. Am I right?Carmel

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 5 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #98

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

I'm still waiting for the proof Aletheia was speaking about. I'd be interested in seeing it Watchbird and Clay...not just words spewing but actual PROOF! You know, as in documented evidence for what you say?

But there really isn't any proof right?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 5 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #99

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 5 2007, 11:55 AM) [snapback]182648[/snapback]

I'm still waiting for the proof Aletheia was speaking about. I'd be interested in seeing it Watchbird and Clay...not just words spewing but actual PROOF! You know, as in documented evidence for what you say?

you seem to be a spinner too.... keep on spinnin....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 5 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #100

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 5 2007, 07:26 PM) [snapback]182645[/snapback]

O.K., if deemed a business by the judical branch of our government, even moreso a reason why the standards of a church cannot be equivocated to it, and the EGW counsel not be applicable....
- - -

So, here I was instructed that 3ABN was a conservative Adventist ministry - and this was one reason I accepted working for them. One of the marks of conservative Adventists is that they also heed the instructions given by Ellen White. Are we now discovering that the standards of the church are not applicable to 3ABN?

This post has been edited by Johann: Mar 5 2007, 12:04 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 5 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #101

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 5 2007, 12:55 PM) [snapback]182648[/snapback]

The rest of the world is waiting for the proof of Linda Shelton's adultery... and have been waiting for a lot longer than Aletheia... as you said... not spewing words... but actual PROOF...You know, as in documented evidence for what you say?

But there really isn't any proof, right? Otherwise your camp wouldn't be hiding in shadows and dealing in innuendo and rumor.

You'd have put it out there and been done with it... but instead we've seen 3 years come and go and no proof...

Another nail in the coffin of your collective and several hypocrisy...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 5 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #102

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 5 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]182650[/snapback]

So, here I was instructed that 3ABN was a conservative Adventist ministry - and this was one reason I accepted working for them. One of the marks of conservative Adventists is that they also heed the instructions given by Ellen White. Are we now discovering that the standards of the church are not applicable to 3ABN?

So, where has 3ABN not heeded what Ellen White or the Bible says Johann? Again--proof please!

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 5 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #103

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 5 2007, 08:07 PM) [snapback]182653[/snapback]

So, where has 3ABN not heeded what Ellen White or the Bible says Johann? Again--proof please!

I was responding to a post which stated that 3ABN did not have to heed the counsel of Ellen White because it is an independent ministry. . .

When there was a problem back in 2004 I wrote to Walt and Danny and pointed out the Biblical solution, but it was not heeded then, and neither have I seen it heeded since. I have repeated this so many times, even here on BSDA, but nobody from 3ABN has shown any interest until now. Perhaps this will be coming?

This post has been edited by Johann: Mar 5 2007, 12:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 5 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #104

Advanced Member

Are you saying all "independent" ministries don't follow Ellen White? Where is your evidence and proof of this statement? I'm especially interested in proof of 3ABN not heeding the counsel of Mrs. White.

Still waiting...

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 5 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #105

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 5 2007, 08:19 PM) [snapback]182660[/snapback]

Are you saying all "independent" ministries don't follow Ellen White? Where is your evidence and proof of this statement? I'm especially interested in proof of 3ABN not heeding the counsel of Mrs. White.

Still waiting...

I wrote to these men and pointed to how Joseph decided to deal with Mary, and asked them if this iis not a pattern to follow in treating Linda. But this did not apply to 3ABN!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church