Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12180&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:55:30 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Letter To Calvin, "Boss" Means Accountability
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 23 2007, 09:10 AM
Post #76

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Children were molested..... He (Tommy) admitted to it.....

sadwalk.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 23 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #77

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 23 2007, 05:10 PM) [snapback]171891[/snapback]

Children were molested..... He (Tommy) admitted to it.....

sadwalk.gif
One way of not being idle! sad.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 23 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #78

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I have to ask - who's washing their underwear while they're in hear preparing the smoke screen?

Mercy! rofl1.gif HOTY youa re not on the tree, but this a true heathen response! LOL!! notworthy.gif

Now, that is a real shame! scratchchin.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 23 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #79

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

giggle.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 23 2007, 06:13 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 23 2007, 02:18 PM) [snapback]171959[/snapback]

I have to ask - who's washing their underwear while they're in hear preparing the smoke screen?

Mercy! rofl1.gif HOTY youa re not on the tree, but this a true heathen response! LOL!! notworthy.gif

Now, that is a real shame! scratchchin.gif

I'm okay with being a heathen. (I just hope I don't go to church with any of them...)
happydance.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Daffodil
post Mar 2 2007, 09:29 AM
Post #81

Member No.: 3,103

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 19 2007, 08:24 AM) [snapback]171111[/snapback]

As I often have said, Danny Shelton is Danny Shelton's worst enemy. He proves it again and again, and some people worship him for it!!!
When I was at West Frankfort on May 29, 2004, I was told by the 3ABN attorney, Nick Miller, that the labor laws did not apply in Linda’s case according to the laws in Illinois. Here the President had the full right to dismiss his Vice-President whenever he so desired. I discovered that this doctrine so permeated all the procedures that everybody followed the whims of Danny Shelton in all, and took every word of his as a final verdict. So when Linda’s words were at variance with Danny’s story, nobody doubted what he said, but Linda’s explanations were disqualified and she was branded as a liar.

Judge for yourselves how this works, when one man is permitted to yield full sway year after year, how this power structure corrupts the person. He does not even have to say the truth, and everybody knows it does not pay to cross his path or doubt the wisdom or truth in his whims. Ellen White makes it quite clear that this must not take place in the work of our church, that the same person is at the helm of an institution indefinitely, because it leads to corruption. But I suppose reading those parts of her writings do not please the supporters of Danny Shelton and his ilk.

"Ellen White makes it quite clear that this must not take place in the work of our church, that the same person is at the helm of an institution indefinitely, because it leads to corruption. "

Johann,

I was wondering about what you said in the above quote. Could you please give the reference.

Thanks,
Dawn

P.S. Sorry people about the first reply(duplicate). hit the wrong button. new here but will learn I guess.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Mar 2 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #82

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Jan 19 2007, 10:02 AM) [snapback]171134[/snapback]

I will be happy to state my name.... when I see the others shooting from the grassy knoll... state theirs . Sister, beartrap, sonshineonme, and a slew of others....

Joe

I was wondering how many pages it would be from the Scripture quotes and the EGW passages to the place in the thread where this stuff starts flying ... turns out, about 3 pages.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Advocates of entrenched powers have less to lose by identifying themselves than the "little guys" standing up to the corporation.

We might not know who some of these people are, but others who have identified themselves have corroborated the anonymous accounts in one way or another. It's totally okay if you don't identify yourself, but be prepared to be blown off as another Dannyscribe. It's not like we haven't seen this the-Bible-says-you're-all-wrong-for-posting-on-the-Internet screed before, like, a dozen times.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Mar 2 2007, 01:22 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 3 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #83

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Daffodil @ Mar 2 2007, 05:29 PM) [snapback]181645[/snapback]

"Ellen White makes it quite clear that this must not take place in the work of our church, that the same person is at the helm of an institution indefinitely, because it leads to corruption. "

Johann,

I was wondering about what you said in the above quote. Could you please give the reference.

Thanks,
Dawn

P.S. Sorry people about the first reply(duplicate). hit the wrong button. new here but will learn I guess.

Here you find the principle dealt with:

The question is asked me if it is not a mistake to remove the president of a State conference to a
new field when many of the people under his present charge are unwilling to give him up. {GW 419.4}

The Lord has been pleased to give me light on this question. I have been shown that ministers should not be retained in the same district year after year, nor should the same man long preside over a conference. A change of gifts is for the good of our conferences and churches. {GW 420.1}

Ministers have sometimes felt unwilling to change their field of labor; but if they understood all the reasons for making changes, they would not draw back. Some have pleaded to remain one year longer in the same field, and frequently the request has been respected. They have claimed to have plans for accomplishing a greater work than heretofore. But at the close of the year there was a worse state of things than before. If a minister has been unfaithful in his work, it is not likely that he will mend the matter by remaining. The churches become accustomed to the management of that one man, and think they must look to him instead of to God. His ideas and plans have a controlling power in the conference. {GW 420.2}

The people may see that he errs in judgment, and because of this they learn to place a low estimate upon the ministry. If they would look to God, and depend upon heavenly wisdom, they would be gaining an experience of the highest value, and would themselves be able, in many respects at least, to supply what is lacking in him who is the overseer of the flock. But too often things are left to drift as they will, the president being held responsible for the condition of the churches in the conference, while the church-members settle down, indifferent, lukewarm, doing nothing to bring things into order.
{GW 420.3}

The president may not feel the importance of sanctifying himself, that others may be sanctified. He may be an unfaithful watchman, preaching to please the people. Many are strong in some points of character, while they are weak and deficient in others. As the result, a want of efficiency is manifest in some parts of the work. Should the same man continue as president of a conference year after year, his defects would be reproduced in the churches under his labors. But one laborer may be strong where his brother is weak, and so by exchanging fields of labor, one may, to some extent, supply the deficiencies of another. {GW 421.1}

If all were fully consecrated to God, these marked imperfections of character would not exist; but since the laborers do not meet the divine standard, since they weave self into all their work, the best thing, both for themselves and for the churches, is to make frequent changes. And, on the other hand, if a laborer is spiritually strong, he is, through the grace of Christ, a blessing to the churches, and his labors are needed in different conferences.

-
{GW 421.2}

We are in times of peculiar danger from foes without and within, and God would have you alive to everything concerning your special work. You need not try to do anything without the special help of your heavenly Father. He is waiting for you to call, that He may say, "Here I am." If you will seek, He says He will be found of you; His strength, His grace, and His righteousness will be given to the humble, contrite one who seeks Him with all the heart.

[422] {GW 421.3}

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
sister
post Mar 3 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #84

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 3 2007, 05:09 PM) [snapback]182051[/snapback]

The question is asked me if it is not a mistake to remove the president of a State conference to a
new field when many of the people under his present charge are unwilling to give him up. {GW 419.4}

The Lord has been pleased to give me light on this question. I have been shown that ministers should not be retained in the same district year after year, nor should the same man long preside over a conference. A change of gifts is for the good of our conferences and churches. {GW 420.1}

Ministers have sometimes felt unwilling to change their field of labor; but if they understood all the reasons for making changes, they would not draw back. Some have pleaded to remain one year longer in the same field, and frequently the request has been respected. They have claimed to have plans for accomplishing a greater work than heretofore. But at the close of the year there was a worse state of things than before. If a minister has been unfaithful in his work, it is not likely that he will mend the matter by remaining. The churches become accustomed to the management of that one man, and think they must look to him instead of to God. His ideas and plans have a controlling power in the conference. {GW 420.2}

The people may see that he errs in judgment, and because of this they learn to place a low estimate upon the ministry. If they would look to God, and depend upon heavenly wisdom, they would be gaining an experience of the highest value, and would themselves be able, in many respects at least, to supply what is lacking in him who is the overseer of the flock. But too often things are left to drift as they will, the president being held responsible for the condition of the churches in the conference, while the church-members settle down, indifferent, lukewarm, doing nothing to bring things into order.
{GW 420.3}

The president may not feel the importance of sanctifying himself, that others may be sanctified. He may be an unfaithful watchman, preaching to please the people. Many are strong in some points of character, while they are weak and deficient in others. As the result, a want of efficiency is manifest in some parts of the work. Should the same man continue as president of a conference year after year, his defects would be reproduced in the churches under his labors. But one laborer may be strong where his brother is weak, and so by exchanging fields of labor, one may, to some extent, supply the deficiencies of another. {GW 421.1}

If all were fully consecrated to God, these marked imperfections of character would not exist; but since the laborers do not meet the divine standard, since they weave self into all their work, the best thing, both for themselves and for the churches, is to make frequent changes. And, on the other hand, if a laborer is spiritually strong, he is, through the grace of Christ, a blessing to the churches, and his labors are needed in different conferences.

-
{GW 421.2}

We are in times of peculiar danger from foes without and within, and God would have you alive to everything concerning your special work. You need not try to do anything without the special help of your heavenly Father. He is waiting for you to call, that He may say, "Here I am." If you will seek, He says He will be found of you; His strength, His grace, and His righteousness will be given to the humble, contrite one who seeks Him with all the heart.

[422] {GW 421.3}

Based upon the above testimony from Ellen White, it would be wise to bring in another man to replace Kenneth Denslow as President of the Illinois Conference and move him to another field of labor.

+Quote Post
Daffodil
post Mar 3 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #85

Member No.: 3,103

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 3 2007, 04:09 PM) [snapback]182051[/snapback]

Thanks Johann, for the reference.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 5 2007, 05:24 AM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daffodil @ Mar 4 2007, 04:57 AM) [snapback]182109[/snapback]

Thanks Johann, for the reference.

What would we do without some daffodils? Just keep right at it, Dawn!

This post has been edited by Johann: Mar 5 2007, 05:25 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carmel
post Mar 5 2007, 06:22 AM
Post #87

Member No.: 2,870

The above quotation from E.G.W. is so strong and wise, and is a clear indication whether one really wants to serve The Lord or Himself!

Pastor in our (big) church is here for more than 20 years, and we can see to the point (of E.G.W.) the very same negative consequences from that practice. How sad. I am praying for Elijah to come, to wake us all up, to learn to love the Lord and His Law and His Principles with all our being.

This is not only showing that elder Denslow needs to move to another field, but thad DANNY IS LONG OVERDUE.

Carmel

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 5 2007, 07:04 AM
Post #88

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Interesting....this is always a major problem within SDA churches, but usually not for non-Adventist churches. What else I find interesting is the fact that we instead promote personality based-churches but highlighting generational families....we "proudly" talk about who we are related to or how long we have been "Adventist" and promote based on those relationships rather than Spiritual Gifts, according to the Bible.... yes.gif don't get me "preachin'" up in this thread..... thankyou.gif

3ABN is an independent ministry, like TBN that is independent of church afflication---it is a non-profit organization business. The sound counsel from Sis. Ellen have no bearing in this case, IMHO. That would be like starting a store that becomes successful and hen someone saying that you no longer have a right to be the owner, simply becasue you have been over it for more than 5 years.... it does not wash. no.gif thumbdown.gif

QUOTE(Carmel @ Mar 5 2007, 07:22 AM) [snapback]182575[/snapback]

The above quotation from E.G.W. is so strong and wise, and is a clear indication whether one really wants to serve The Lord or Himself!

Pastor in our (big) church is here for more than 20 years, and we can see to the point (of E.G.W.) the very same negative consequences from that practice. How sad. I am praying for Elijah to come, to wake us all up, to learn to love the Lord and His Law and His Principles with all our being.

This is not only showing that elder Denslow needs to move to another field, but thad DANNY IS LONG OVERDUE.
Carmel

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 5 2007, 08:45 AM
Post #89

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 5 2007, 07:04 AM) [snapback]182579[/snapback]

Interesting....this is always a major problem within SDA churches, but usually not for non-Adventist churches. What else I find interesting is the fact that we instead promote personality based-churches but highlighting generational families....we "proudly" talk about who we are related to or how long we have been "Adventist" and promote based on those relationships rather than Spiritual Gifts, according to the Bible.... yes.gif don't get me "preachin'" up in this thread..... thankyou.gif

3ABN is an independent ministry, like TBN that is independent of church afflication---it is a non-profit organization business. The sound counsel from Sis. Ellen have no bearing in this case, IMHO. That would be like starting a store that becomes successful and hen someone saying that you no longer have a right to be the owner, simply becasue you have been over it for more than 5 years.... it does not wash. no.gif thumbdown.gif

the court determined that 3abn was NOT a nonprofit business.... there is definitely profit being made.... and spent....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Carmel
post Mar 5 2007, 09:37 AM
Post #90

Member No.: 2,870

First: as Clay said, the court has determined 3ABN is not a nonprofit organization.

Second: they are a ministry, not a typical business, where if you are a good businessman, you can and should remain in your position as long as a business is growing and making profit.

By their influence they are presenting or misrepresenting God to those who look at them.

That's why I think this quote applies even to Danny who is not a minister, nor a president of the conference, the PRINCIPLE still works in his case.

"If a minister has been unfaithful in his work it is not likely that he will mend the matter by remaining. The churches become accustomed to the management of that one man, and think they must look to him instead of to God. His ideas and plans have a contorolling power in the conference..."

"The people may see that he errs in judgment, and because of this they learn to place a low estimate upon the ministry... the church members settle down, indifferent, lukeworm, doing nothing to bring thinks into order...."

Even though Danny is far from being a minister or a president of a conference, through his business he has accomplished exactly the same. Am I right?

Carmel

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church