Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1237&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:39:33 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Should Not Be News - Continuation, Letter from Danny Shelton to BSDA
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 18 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #76

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

At Judgement Day will be a lot to say.....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 18 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #77

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

She maybe thinking more about the ministry that he is. Sometimes things like this are a form of emotional abuse. If she perceives everyone, who really matters, is going to side with him, and he can prove it(which really is in the case), then she may not feel it is worth telling her side.

She didn't even immediately retain counsel for herself, or fight the legitimacy of this quickie divorce. I think it was because of the actions of the 3ABN board and the continued support of GC, without question or investigation into the situation. That can be pretty disheartening and discouraging. He is the one who needed the quickie divorce, that is more suspect to me than anything she maybe hiding. In fact, the reason she is saying nothing is because of the gag order forced upon her by him. I am sure she would have a whole lot more to say.

QUOTE(Prisca @ Mar 18 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback]122078[/snapback]

He may not have proof, but he sure has something. There is something that she doesn't want revealed...something that she doesn't want to lose...something that might hurt the children, her perceived future, etc. ... like the lady in A Christmas Carol. When Alastairs gave Mrs. Dibble, was it, the money for a present, she asked what it was for "to keep me mouth shut?" she cocknied. We may never know.

Priscilla

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 18 2006, 11:25 PM
Post #78

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

I bet "what she would have to say" is that he is extremely jealous, has issues with her "having any say" in the marriage, and lastly.....

He's a cheater!

If he ain't - GOD forgive me; but the actions that were taken over a phone call merit (IMO) a man that is afraid of being found out as a cheater......

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Mar 18 2006, 11:25 PM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 19 2006, 02:52 AM
Post #79

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Prisca @ Mar 18 2006, 05:20 PM) [snapback]122078[/snapback]

He may not have proof, but he sure has something. There is something that she doesn't want revealed...something that she doesn't want to lose...something that might hurt the children, her perceived future, etc. ... like the lady in A Christmas Carol. When Alastairs gave Mrs. Dibble, was it, the money for a present, she asked what it was for "to keep me mouth shut?" she cocknied. We may never know.

Priscilla

the something could be as you say in the form of a threat... if you don't cooperate then you will be cut off, or your name will be smeared etc.....

So much for loving your enemy...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Mar 19 2006, 07:02 AM
Post #80

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 19 2006, 08:52 AM) [snapback]122119[/snapback]

the something could be as you say in the form of a threat... if you don't cooperate then you will be cut off, or your name will be smeared etc.....

So much for loving your enemy...

ah. protecting the 'work'..ahem!
Remember when Samuel went to anoint David? God gave him a way 'out' to protect him from death or at least accusation. Go give sacrifices..always an appropriate thing to do. Our pet saying is,,we must be harmless as doves but...

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Mar 19 2006, 09:30 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 514

Let us keep praying for Linda who is no doubt sufering much from this ordeal.

This post has been edited by Jvat: Mar 19 2006, 09:59 PM

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 19 2006, 11:35 PM
Post #82

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jvat @ Mar 19 2006, 10:30 PM) [snapback]122140[/snapback]

Let us keep praying for Linda who is no doubt sufering much from this ordeal.

yes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 25 2006, 02:54 AM
Post #83

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

Let's also pray for the new wife... I wonder if she understands the concept of spiritual adultery?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Mar 25 2006, 08:32 AM
Post #84

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 25 2006, 08:54 AM) [snapback]123168[/snapback]

Let's also pray for the new wife... I wonder if she understands the concept of spiritual adultery?

Oh that a whole new direction, Steve. What if she does or doesn't? How will that affect her spirituality? For some women little is expected of the gentleman except that the previous person was unsuitable.

Priscilla

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 25 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #85

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 25 2006, 04:54 AM) [snapback]123168[/snapback]

Oh snap! I didn't even think about that until now.....

Whoa...

ohmy.gif
QUOTE(Prisca @ Mar 25 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]123201[/snapback]

Oh that a whole new direction, Steve. What if she does or doesn't? How will that affect her spirituality? For some women little is expected of the gentleman except that the previous person was unsuitable.

If she does understand the concept - then SHE ALREADY KNOWS that her new "husband" is the only man in her life. PERIOD. SHE ALREADY KNOWS she cannot accept calls from any man (brother in the church, doctor, boss, Father, cousin) without her husband present. SHE ALREADY KNOWS she definately cannot travel anywhere over 10 miles without said husband.

If she does NOT understand the concept - then she is in for a heap of trouble......

How will this affect her spirituality? If she is not "grounded" in her faith/belief/love of GOD/CHRIST she will leave the church at the first inkling of "mess" like Linda - or other women (that we do/don't know about) have suffered....

or

It could make her stronger - understanding that even in the midst of de "Chach" there is bound to be a debil (devil) or two.....

JMO

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Mar 25 2006, 11:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Mar 25 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Even if Danny wakes up in the middle of the night and decides that he was wrong and wants Linda back, he can't go back according to our interpretation of the Scriptures. Is that still binding? You can't go back....you just have to follow David, marry Bathsheba and continue forward with repentence and humility.

Priscilla

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Mar 25 2006, 05:39 PM) [snapback]123208[/snapback]

Whoa...

ohmy.gif

If she does understand the concept - then SHE ALREADY KNOWS that her new "husband" is the only man in her life. PERIOD. SHE ALREADY KNOWS she cannot accept calls from any man (brother in the church, doctor, boss, Father, cousin) without her husband present. SHE ALREADY KNOWS she definately cannot travel anywhere over 10 miles without said husband.

If she does NOT understand the concept - then she is in for a heap of trouble......

How will this affect her spirituality? If she is not "grounded" in her faith/belief/love of GOD/CHRIST she will leave the church at the first inkling of "mess" like Linda - or other women (that we do/don't know about) have suffered....

or

It could make her stronger - understanding that even in the midst of de "Chach" there is bound to be a debil (devil) or two.....

JMO

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 25 2006, 06:45 PM
Post #87

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Whooooooo....

and THAT would be another whole heap o' mess.....

What if he did wake up and realize - "I was sooo wrong...."

Then he done messed with another woman's life, the life of her children, and .....um.....whooo....

I can't even wrap me head around dis one heyah!

nono.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 26 2006, 02:29 PM
Post #88

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

Will she be allowed to work anywhere but in his presence? How about the first wife, did she work with her husband? Ride into work with him, ride home with him. Eat out only if he is with you, and you better not try to tip the waiter. scratchchin.gif My observation is this sounds more and more like a jailer. uhm.gif

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Mar 25 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]123208[/snapback]

Whoa...

ohmy.gif

or

JMO

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Denny
post Mar 28 2006, 05:48 AM
Post #89

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Mar 26 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]123379[/snapback]

Will she be allowed to work anywhere but in his presence? How about the first wife, did she work with her husband? Ride into work with him, ride home with him. Eat out only if he is with you, and you better not try to tip the waiter. scratchchin.gif My observation is this sounds more and more like a jailer. uhm.gif

I think the the first wife passed away

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Mar 30 2006, 05:36 AM
Post #90

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Denny @ Mar 28 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]123862[/snapback]

I think the the first wife passed away

You know! People say that as if it is the most honorable way to exit a marriage, but it is not always so.
Priscilla

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church