Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12418&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:46:17 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Letters At Save3abn
Nuggie
post Mar 7 2007, 04:16 PM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 984

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 7 2007, 05:11 PM) [snapback]183547[/snapback]

"My House is a House of Prayer for ALL people" Is 3ABN campmeeting Danny's house or God's. If you consider it God's house, then you will see the problem. If you consider it Danny's then.........need I say more?

That's what I was thinking, too...seems like if they were so concerned for the doc's soul then campmeeting would be the best place for him to be, right?

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Mar 7 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Mar 7 2007, 04:16 PM) [snapback]183550[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking, too...seems like if they were so concerned for the doc's soul then campmeeting would be the best place for him to be, right?

No, it was the ethical thing to do at the time. Here You have a man that you suspicion is having an affair with the vp of 3abn walks into a meeting that had already started and would be live, not having a clue if he was going to stand up and make a speech or raise some kind of ruckous or what? Based on the fact that he had stated he was coming to "make his views" known, who knew what he might do in front of an auditorium full of people? Especially with Johann accompanying him. I have since heard how emotional Johann can be, therefore the caution, when they showed up. Anyway,it is my understanding they weren't ask to leave until seen with flyers.
This argument is waste of time. Any large ministry in those circumstances would have handled it the same way.

+Quote Post
gardener
post Mar 7 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 2,178

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 7 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]183589[/snapback]

No, it was the ethical thing to do at the time. Here You have a man that you suspicion is having an affair with the vp of 3abn walks into a meeting that had already started and would be live, not having a clue if he was going to stand up and make a speech or raise some kind of ruckous or what? Based on the fact that he had stated he was coming to "make his views" known, who knew what he might do in front of an auditorium full of people? Especially with Johann accompanying him. I have since heard how emotional Johann can be, therefore the caution, when they showed up. Anyway,it is my understanding they weren't ask to leave until seen with flyers.
This argument is waste of time. Any large ministry in those circumstances would have handled it the same way.

Danny is the one who made a scene on world wide TV. Very poorly handled. I stood in front of the TV with my mouth open and I didn't even know at that time what it was all about. It was shameful. no.gif

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Mar 7 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(gardener @ Mar 7 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]183598[/snapback]

Danny is the one who made a scene on world wide TV. Very poorly handled. I stood in front of the TV with my mouth open and I didn't even know at that time what it was all about. It was shameful. no.gif

No, he didn't make a "scene" at all, I also saw it. He feels his wife has left him for someone else and that "someone else" walks in just as the meeting is starting and going on the air. I doubt if you or any of us could have handled it as well as he did. I probably would have just walked off of live TV. After all how could you concentrate and focus with that happening. Put yourself in that position.

+Quote Post
gardener
post Mar 7 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 2,178

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 7 2007, 08:00 PM) [snapback]183604[/snapback]

No, he didn't make a "scene" at all, I also saw it. He feels his wife has left him for someone else and that "someone else" walks in just as the meeting is starting and going on the air. I doubt if you or any of us could have handled it as well as he did. I probably would have just walked off of live TV. After all how could you concentrate and focus with that happening. Put yourself in that position.

Walking off live TV and maybe having a little song service while it was could be handled discretly behing the scenes would have been a much better solution then standing up there calling them demons for the world to hear. For a moment I thought we were at a "deliverence" meeting. dunno.gif

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 7 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 7 2007, 07:00 PM) [snapback]183604[/snapback]

His wife "left him" because he asked her not to be around for camp meeting?

Maybe it is time that Danny have a thorough mental evaluation.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 7 2007, 11:38 PM
Post #37

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

You were supposed to be in Service, praise and worship to God. This is exactly what I was saying. Danny conducted himself as if it was a "meeting". If he remember where he was and Who the Meeting" was supposed to be about, he would not have to worry about who stepped in the door. At that point very few in that rrom and definitely not the rank and file and viewing audience knew anything, until under his own power Danny tried to "handle" things.

There is no condition on that text, It says, "a house of prayer for ALL people" not for ALL people you feel comfortable with, you don't have a problem with, just your supporters...."for ALL people". And if Danny is calling himself a leader in chritian living he ought to conduct himself like it!

There is an old song many of our newer members may not have heard. The title is called "Jesus Can Work It Out". One of the phrases the soloist says is, "While you're tryin' to figure it out, He already worked it out!" Taht think might have been worked out had Danny not taken things into his own hands. I will tell you all this. the more I hear about that weekenf and that meeting, I believed the Holy Spirit impressed the Dr. not to walk into that meeting. Those conducting that meeting were not working within the Will of God. Say what you want. but refusing someone access to God's House is a serious thing, and He doesn't take it lightly, and it speaks volumes of the one who restricts access of another.

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 7 2007, 04:18 PM) [snapback]183589[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Mar 8 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 7 2007, 03:18 PM) [snapback]183534[/snapback]

Oh just to be clear, the "premises" refers to the camp meeting location, not the board room.

And just how, exactly, do you know this?

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 8 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 8 2007, 02:18 AM) [snapback]183589[/snapback]

- - -
Anyway,it is my understanding they weren't ask to leave until seen with flyers.
This argument is waste of time.

Quite gullible?

I have explained before how it happened that I had a few copies of a written statement, and that the only one I gave a copy to was Joe O'Brien and this happened on our way out. This shows me that your witnesses are not the most reliable, but somehow you trust them. Is your paycheck dependent on it?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 8 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 7 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]183625[/snapback]

Maybe it is time that Danny have a thorough mental evaluation.

yes.gif That is a very good point, and a very serious one. I think that's exactly what needs to take place. It will probably come to that. At least I hope so. The more you read of his "way" of treating others, very passive agressive and controlling, abusing power and hurting others with his authority or abuse, there is definitely a problem.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Mar 8 2007, 12:31 AM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 8 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(gardener @ Mar 8 2007, 03:16 AM) [snapback]183614[/snapback]

Walking off live TV and maybe having a little song service while it was could be handled discretly behing the scenes would have been a much better solution then standing up there calling them demons for the world to hear. For a moment I thought we were at a "deliverence" meeting. dunno.gif

You were not the only one who heard that. His trouble is that once he had talked about demons he had to prove to the wold he was right, regardless of how Linda had to suffer for it.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 8 2007, 01:40 AM
Post #42

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 8 2007, 12:30 AM) [snapback]183671[/snapback]

yes.gif That is a very good point, and a very serious one. I think that's exactly what needs to take place. It will probably come to that. At least I hope so. The more you read of his "way" of treating others, very passive agressive and controlling, abusing power and hurting others with his authority or abuse, there is definitely a problem.

This has been my exact thought and opinion!

Maranatha

Now I must close out by saying that the above is my opinion and only my opinion. This is my Q-CY/M-A/P-L Statement. (Quick, Cover Your/My A--/Posterior Legally.)

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 8 2007, 01:59 AM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 7 2007, 11:18 PM) [snapback]183534[/snapback]

.Oh just to be clear, the "premises" refers to the camp meeting location, not the board room.

I wonder if things are clear enough in your mind to participate?

If the "premises" referred to were only the camp meeting location, why was it impossible to have our Friday afternoon meeting in the board room. Walt and Nick discussed that possibility for a moment, but they quickly came to the conclusion that the meeting could not be held any closer than in West Frankfort, since Danny had forbidden us to come to Thompsonville.

Are you getting your information from a reliable witness?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Mar 8 2007, 02:35 AM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 7 2007, 07:00 PM) [snapback]183604[/snapback]

Maybe Danny "feels" Linda left him because Danny ordered Linda out of Southern Illinois for 30 days while he scrubbed Linda's name off the network?

Did Danny share his feelings of abandonment with everyone who would listen?

Somethink like this, perhaps?

Oh where has my Linda gone.
Where could she be?
Where could she be?

http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demi...y-ultimatum.htm

May, 4, 2004

Walter Thompson MD
Chairman of 3ABN Board of Directors
174 Foxborough Place
Burr Ridge, IL 60527

Linda Shelton
Three Angel's Broadcasting Network
PO Box 220
West Frankfort, IL 62896

Dear Linda,

We are offering you a 30 day leave of absence with pay and full benefits - to begin at the time of receipt of this letter. During this time the following conditions must be met....

You will arrange to leave Southern Illinois at 3ABN expense for the duration...

At the end of 30 days we will reassess the situation and make further recommendations as indicated...

The issues in this proposal are not negotiable.

Sincerely,

Walter Thompson MD
Chairman of the Board of Directors, 3ABN
Committee members include Nicholas P. Miller, Bill Hulsey and Kay Kuzma (by invitation)

----

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 8 2007, 03:51 AM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Mar 8 2007, 02:35 AM) [snapback]183686[/snapback]

Maybe Danny "feels" Linda left him because Danny ordered Linda out of Southern Illinois for 30 days while he scrubbed Linda's name off the network?

Did Danny share his feelings of abandonment with everyone who would listen?

Somethink like this, perhaps?

Where could she be?
Where could she be?

http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demi...y-ultimatum.htm
May, 4, 2004

Walter Thompson MD
Chairman of 3ABN Board of Directors
174 Foxborough Place
Burr Ridge, IL 60527

Linda Shelton
Three Angel's Broadcasting Network
PO Box 220
West Frankfort, IL 62896

Dear Linda,

We are offering you a 30 day leave of absence with pay and full benefits - to begin at the time of receipt of this letter. During this time the following conditions must be met....

You will arrange to leave Southern Illinois at 3ABN expense for the duration...

At the end of 30 days we will reassess the situation and make further recommendations as indicated...

The issues in this proposal are not negotiable.
Sincerely,

Walter Thompson MD
Chairman of the Board of Directors, 3ABN
Committee members include Nicholas P. Miller, Bill Hulsey and Kay Kuzma (by invitation)
----

This is really brazen IMO, especially given the fact that she had NOT committed Adultery, IMO.

Shame on you Walt and Danny!

I believe this was Danny and Walt's way of "flexing their muscles" and "showing Linda just who the real boss was", IMO. boxing.gif

I also believe (IMO) they expected her to bow and submit to the "anointed one"! notworthy.gif oops.gif That didn't work did it? no.gif bangin.gif notworking.gif giljotiini.gif

Maranatha

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church