Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12418&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:46:21 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Letters At Save3abn
Johann
post Mar 8 2007, 05:02 AM
Post #46

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Mar 8 2007, 10:35 AM) [snapback]183686[/snapback]

Maybe Danny "feels" Linda left him because Danny ordered Linda out of Southern Illinois for 30 days while he scrubbed Linda's name off the network?

Did Danny share his feelings of abandonment with everyone who would listen?

Somethink like this, perhaps?

Oh where has my Linda gone.
Oh where has my Linda gone.
Where could she be?
Where could she be?

http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demi...y-ultimatum.htm
May, 4, 2004

Walter Thompson MD
Chairman of 3ABN Board of Directors
174 Foxborough Place
Burr Ridge, IL 60527

Linda Shelton
Three Angel's Broadcasting Network
PO Box 220
West Frankfort, IL 62896

Dear Linda,

We are offering you a 30 day leave of absence with pay and full benefits - to begin at the time of receipt of this letter. During this time the following conditions must be met....

You will arrange to leave Southern Illinois at 3ABN expense for the duration...

At the end of 30 days we will reassess the situation and make further recommendations as indicated...

The issues in this proposal are not negotiable.
Sincerely,

Walter Thompson MD
Chairman of the Board of Directors, 3ABN
Committee members include Nicholas P. Miller, Bill Hulsey and Kay Kuzma (by invitation)
----

So Linda was away from Southern Illinois by the orders of Danny Shelton through his Chairman of the Board. And yet he had the audacity of telling the world audience that Linda had left him, and there on the spot he requested Mark Finley come forward and pray for her return. Then Mark Finley must have sensed Linda was innocent of the accusations.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 8 2007, 05:15 AM
Post #47

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 8 2007, 01:18 AM) [snapback]183670[/snapback]

Quite gullible?

I have explained before how it happened that I had a few copies of a written statement, and that the only one I gave a copy to was Joe O'Brien and this happened on our way out. This shows me that your witnesses are not the most reliable, but somehow you trust them. Is your paycheck dependent on it?

Johann, a simple yes or no please.

Was the statement in question a article about 3ABN, which you were planning on submitting to the local paper?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 8 2007, 05:16 AM

+Quote Post
Chez
post Mar 8 2007, 05:26 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 7 2007, 07:00 PM) [snapback]183604[/snapback]

No, he didn't make a "scene" at all, I also saw it. He feels his wife has left him for someone else and that "someone else" walks in just as the meeting is starting and going on the air. I doubt if you or any of us could have handled it as well as he did. I probably would have just walked off of live TV. After all how could you concentrate and focus with that happening. Put yourself in that position.

Then Danny should have recused himself from the 3ABN board meeting/decision and excused himself from the live broadcast of that campmeeting. Danny is the one who put it out. A lot of us didn't have a clue. In addition, Danny's mouth has turned this issue around to where people are now thinking that it was a setup. I guess if he sent his wife away, if I were him, I wouldn't want my "inaccurate" description of the alleged marital infidelity exposed globally either.

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Mar 8 2007, 06:08 AM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 8 2007, 12:38 AM) [snapback]183665[/snapback]

You were supposed to be in Service, praise and worship to God. This is exactly what I was saying. Danny conducted himself as if it was a "meeting". If he remember where he was and Who the Meeting" was supposed to be about, he would not have to worry about who stepped in the door. At that point very few in that rrom and definitely not the rank and file and viewing audience knew anything, until under his own power Danny tried to "handle" things.

There is no condition on that text, It says, "a house of prayer for ALL people" not for ALL people you feel comfortable with, you don't have a problem with, just your supporters...."for ALL people". And if Danny is calling himself a leader in chritian living he ought to conduct himself like it!

There is an old song many of our newer members may not have heard. The title is called "Jesus Can Work It Out". One of the phrases the soloist says is, "While you're tryin' to figure it out, He already worked it out!" Taht think might have been worked out had Danny not taken things into his own hands. I will tell you all this. the more I hear about that weekenf and that meeting, I believed the Holy Spirit impressed the Dr. not to walk into that meeting. Those conducting that meeting were not working within the Will of God. Say what you want. but refusing someone access to God's House is a serious thing, and He doesn't take it lightly, and it speaks volumes of the one who restricts access of another.

spoton.gif Exactly! This one act shows the blatant hypocrisy that makes this whole saga just stink worse than a pig farm! Danny says he believes in God and God has "called" him to do this work, but in this "difficult" situation he doesn't trust that God can work it out. Instead he takes it upon himself to refuse someone access to God's house. thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 8 2007, 06:11 AM
Post #50

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]183691[/snapback]

Was the statement in question a article about 3ABN, which you were planning on submitting to the local paper?

Have you read the few lines I wrote? What do they tell you?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 8 2007, 06:24 AM
Post #51

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 7 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]183589[/snapback]

No, it was the ethical thing to do at the time. Here You have a man that you suspicion is having an affair with the vp of 3abn walks into a meeting that had already started and would be live, not having a clue if he was going to stand up and make a speech or raise some kind of ruckous or what? Based on the fact that he had stated he was coming to "make his views" known, who knew what he might do in front of an auditorium full of people? Especially with Johann accompanying him. I have since heard how emotional Johann can be, therefore the caution, when they showed up. Anyway,it is my understanding they weren't ask to leave until seen with flyers.
This argument is waste of time. Any large ministry in those circumstances would have handled it the same way.

It's my understanding Johann recently handed this letter to Pickle and Joy to publish:

To: Johann Thorvaldsson
Subject: 3ABN
Date: Thursday, May 27, 2004 4:57 PM

Dear Johann,

It has come to my attention that you and Dr. Abrahamsen are planning to attend the 3ABN Camp Meeting this week. Please be made aware that you aren't welcome here at this time and under these circumstances. If you choose to come anyway, you will place us in a position where we will have to have you removed from the premises. If you would like to discuss this with me, please call me at ________ pr ______

Danny Shelton

After Johann had previously publishing this here, ( http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=144884 ) , there, and elsewhere...

.....A few weeks ago I was in Southern Illinois, wanting to attend the camp meeting at 3ABN, together with a Norwegian medical doctor - the one Linda has been accused of committing spiritual adultery with. We went there in an attempt to clear up misunderstandings, all caused because my wife and I introduced this doctor to Danny and Linda Shelton. This doctor is also the head elder of the most flourishing conservative SDA church in Norway - and has for several years been a financial supporter of 3ABN. Some of the problems were caused because the 3ABN archives had misspelled the name of this supporter, so Danny was convinced he was an impostor. Later Danny has named him a devil, a demon, or evil spirit, or bad counselor - like he did during the transmission to the whole world on Thursday evening at Camp Meeting. Also during that meeting we were requested to leave the premises of 3ABN, and if we ever showed up again at the meetings the police would be requested to remove us as trespassing private property - and this at meetings where all are invited.......

What circumstances and what time is being spoken of? and why would Johann claim they were invited when he was plainly warned not to come under those circumstances, and at that time, and told beforehand what would happen if he chose to do so anyway??

Even so, it was not till after, being asked to leave and refusing, after assualting Walt Thompson, and after handing out his papers, that they were warned to leave again, or the police would be called.

It is also clear that the context of the letter where the Doctor was invited to come to a board meeting was not in reference to a public meeting at Campmeeting, but was in reference to a private board meeting, and in reference to Matt 18, (which Linda, the Dr and Johann) apparently didn't want to follow) It says:

1. Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

2.But if he will not hear [thee, then] take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

3.And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell [it] unto the church:

4 but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

From the lettters (dated respectively aprox. 8, and 5 weeks earlier), which Gailon and Joy published (with editing) on www.save3ABN.com ( and also.org as they have two addresses)

-------- Original Message --------
Organization: Three Angels Broadcasting Network
To: Arild Abrahamsen
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:17:39 -0600

I was thinking about our conversation on the phone when you said you were not emotionally or otherwise involved with my wife, that you had not crossed any professional or Christan lines. Well all of that has been proven a lie. She has confessed everything all the lies, all the phone calls, some for over FOUR HOURS AND NINE MINUTES at a time. At other times you talked to my wife, March 15, for example for 59 minutes, then another conversation for 75 minutes, then another for 13 minutes, plus that same day you called her from your phone at least once that I know of and talked between 30 minutes and an hour. All in one day! And you maintain that were did not cross a line with her. The eye of flesh got in the way. She's young ,beautiful, and intelligent, and a television personality. You used her son to get to her. The devil decieved you both.

Sabbath March 13th, when she was at Brendas house you talked for 4 hrs and nine minutes according to ATT prepaid phone card records! And you still have the nerve to lie about your involvement with my wife? Those dozens of recorded phone conversations were not about her son or the high and lofty spiritual things that you both lied about but now at least is admitted by my wife. During those conversations you tried to get her to say she was afraid of me. Now I know why.

...[removed by Pickle and Joy] Brenda told me that you wanted her to promise that if I ever abused her, that she would let you know. ...[removed by Pickle and Joy]

You had planted those seeds in her, as she has never even mentioned the word abuse until the last few weeks, when she would contend that she was now being mentally abused. ...[removed by Pickle and Joy]

...[removed by Pickle and Joy]

I expect a confession and apology on your part or am praying about contacting your Division, Union, and local conferences, to inform them as what you almost accomplished.

Please ask God to forgive you and then apologize to me as the bible would have you to do.

I'm using Matt. 18 to resolve this. I first went to you by phone, and then by email. ...[removed by Pickle and Joy]

You can't ignore me. I first contacted you, to no avail, next I contacted pastor John, to no resolve and if you don't answer me now then according to the bible I should contact the church.

So if you pretend that you didn't get this email, the next you hear from me could be your local church.

You can contact me with a written apology if you choose to resolve it this way at

To: [Arild Abrahamsen]
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:21:02 -0500

Doctor,

Johann says that if you believe my wife needs support because of lies being told or whatever, you will come across the ocean and save her. I would be most happy for you to come and have a meeting with my board and conference President and explain to them ...[removed by Pickle and Joy]

2....[removed by Pickle and Joy] She has told me how you think I'm out to lunch and that I'm physcotic and all of these things.

5. I want to hear you justify the dozens of hours you have talked to her on the phone, some conversations of up to 4 hours and 9 minutes, according to the phone records. Please convince us they were about Nathan. The problem is, my wife admitted to the neutral marriage counselors, that she chose, that you and she talked negative about me on a number of occasions, and that you have convinced her I'm out to lunch.

...[removed by Pickle and Joy] her negative counselors told her to drop all relationship with you because you could bring no good into her life, only destruction.

6. You must think I'm stupid, I have a record of every phone call between you and she up to this day. Even though she started using phone cards, which you probably suggested, I still can monitor every number and for how long the conversation is. I also can monitor every phone call that has come in to you and all those going out. She knows this now I just told her yesterday. I was waiting to give you doctor, as they say in America, "enough rope to hang yourself". and you've done just that.

7. Yes, I not only look forward to meeting you hear in America with our board chairman and our attorney and conference President who is also on our board, but I intend to meet with or without you in Norway, with your conference officials also.

8. You should have stopped all of this a long time ago. Of course you still maintain you have done nothing wrong. My wife says you tell her that your just trying to help her and the ministry! Well, we'll see, what these other folk think about all of your "help"

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 8 2007, 07:11 AM) [snapback]183706[/snapback]

Aletheia asked:

Johann:
Have you read the few lines I wrote? What do they tell you?

Your answer tells me you are dissembling, and avoiding the question... Is there a problem with you answering in a honest and straight to the point manner?

What was the purpose of the statement you said you printed from your laptop? and what was it you intended to do with it? and to whom was it to be given, Johann?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 8 2007, 07:59 AM

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 8 2007, 06:58 AM
Post #52

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 8 2007, 06:02 AM) [snapback]183690[/snapback]

So Linda was away from Southern Illinois by the orders of Danny Shelton through his Chairman of the Board. And yet he had the audacity of telling the world audience that Linda had left him, and there on the spot he requested Mark Finley come forward and pray for her return...

You all keep pretending her marriage and her job at 3ABN are one and the same, there are overlapping issues, but they were, and are not the same.

One, Danny was talking about her returning to him her husband and not asking her to return from her leave of absence from her job. She was supposed to be off reflecting, seeking God's help and getting councelling (other mutually acceptable ones if the reccomended councellors were not acceptable to her) so she could return, to both her husband and her job...

(THINK PLEASE. why did WT send the email to Alyssa,at her house, on 5/04/04 after already sending a registered letter in an attempt to get hold of Linda, if she was living with her husband???)

Two: It is obvious to anyone with common sense that the board asked Linda to come to the board meeting, and so obviously she was free to do so, and not banned from it. The chairman of the board clearly states they will review and reassess the situation after the leave of absence, what on earth do you people think the board met for, if not to do that???

I don't understand why you didn't quote the whole letter. Here are both the letter to her and the one to Johann about all this, for the members who haven't read them.

This is what Walt Thompson was referring to here;
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry151526
"....All the while, this was taking a real toll on the ministry. Work was not getting done. The employees were pulled in both directions. Finally, I sent Linda a registered letter (she was not answering my e mails or phone calls). In it I told her that we were offering to send her away for counseling to a place and with people mutually acceptable. I told her that if she would not accept our offer and find help to get rid of the doctor, we would have to consider removing her from her positions. She did not respond to my letter...."

To: [Alyssa]
Subject: Letter for Linda
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 21:43:07 -0500

Dear Linda,

This is a copy of the letter that has been sent by FEDEX to you. While you may not understand now, someday you will realize that we are truly desirous of returning you to your home and ministry because we care about you. I plan to go to 3ABN tomorrow and will be available to talk with you if you have questions needing clarification.

Walt

May, 4, 2004

Walter Thompson MD
Chairman of 3ABN Board of Directors
174 Foxborough Place
Burr Ridge, IL 60527

Linda Shelton
Three Angel's Broadcasting Network
PO Box 220
West Frankfort, IL 62896

Dear Linda,

A committee representing the 3ABN board of directors has been selected and has met for the purpose of evaluating the present problem at 3ABN relating to your relationship to Danny and to the ministry of 3ABN - and seeking a resolution acceptable to all parties involved. This letter is intended to represent the will of the board.

Let me begin by expressing our gratitude to you for the part you have played at 3ABN for the past nearly twenty years. You have been an important part of the ministry from the beginning – a fact appreciated by us all. Accordingly, this letter is not written with the intent to destroy your home or your part in the ministry, but rather to rehabilitate and restore.

In accordance with this intent, we are offering the following proposal to you. We believe it has the potential of accomplishing the desired objectives, i.e., to save both your home and a place for you in this ministry. It would do so without making the details of this matter known to the full board or others.

Nor is this letter expressing an opinion regarding the nature of your relationship with Dr. Abrahamson. Whether or not this relationship has been immoral or not is not the issue of this document. The facts are that the relationship and your refusal to discontinue it in spite of repeated requests by Danny and our requests, has damaged both your family and 3ABN – a reality we must deal with in wisdom, love and compassion – but deal with, we must.

We are offering you a 30 day leave of absence with pay and full benefits - to begin at the time of receipt of this letter. During this time the following conditions must be met.

You will be relieved of all duties at 3ABN and will not appear at 3ABN other than to obtain items from your immediate office upon personal request from me. You will arrange to leave Southern Illinois at 3ABN expense for the duration. Both you and 3ABN need time to cool off.

You will agree in writing to cease all communication with Dr. Abrahamson, whether direct or indirect, whether by e-mail, telephone, letter or any other, or through Johann or any other third party. We are designating a period of 30 days, but with the intent this must be a life-long decision.

During this time you will not discuss the issues related to your relationship with 3ABN with anyone other than your immediate family, your professional counselors or representatives or members of the board of directors.

Since this time is recommended as a time for reflection and serious rehabilitation we are requesting that you arrange to receive professional help relating to the issues at hand. We are recommending Ron and Nancy Rocky to you. They have agreed to open their home to you and to give you personal help in dealing with the issues at the center of the present problems. It will be private and protected from the public eye such that neither your image nor reputation ought be damaged. Should you choose different professional help, it must be acceptable to this committee.

At the end of 30 days we will reassess the situation and make further recommendations as indicated.

The issues in this proposal are not negotiable. Should they be unacceptable to you – we hope sincerely they will be acceptable – we will proceed promptly with further investigation of the facts regarding the matter at hand. In that case we will need a list of witnesses you would like us to hear. We will offer Danny the same opportunity. Once we have had opportunity to hear the evidence, we will be in a better position to make recommendations to the full board based upon that evidence. Based on the facts we already know, however, we think pursuing such a course would make any future role for you at 3ABN unlikely.

That is why, Linda, we are pleading with you to accept this proposal for healing and restoration. This is God's ministry. He has chosen you to be a part of it. We want you to continue to be a part of it. But in order for that to happen really important things must change.

Sincerely,

Walter Thompson MD
Chairman of the Board of Directors, 3ABN
Committee members include Nicholas P. Miller, Bill Hulsey and Kay Kuzma (by invitation)

Your signature here will confirm your agreement with this proposal. Please sign and return copy within 24 hours of receipt of this letter.

To: Johann Thorvaldsson
Subject: 3abn

If we like, we can continue to nurse this dialog of battle over Linda and involve the whole church and whole world in the warfare. Should we do so, God in His great mercy may still find a way to bring good out of it as He did when He took ancient Israel to Babylon. I would prefer that He have a more faithful people to give Him a better, more powerful witness.

I do not agree with your belief that Linda is being victimized.

But though we disagree we still need to work together to find solutions.

Accordingly, I would be pleased if you would submit to me in writing a comprehensive account of the allegations you have about the way 3ABN has treated Linda. I would like this to be comprehensive with whatever documentation you can provide so that we may assess it accurately.

Once this has been done, my request is that you discontinue further correspondence with Linda or anyone else regarding this matter. In this way we will have the information we need to act, and you will have opportunity to pursue your work of spreading the Good News to Europe. Our work there has been too long stagnate while we have been fighting.

It is my determination to give Linda every opportunity to restore her home and ministry should she be willing.

She has been offered a proposal whereby this may happen. Only she can decide what she will do with it, but all of us at 3ABN want her to choose right. All are desirous of helping her - NONE trying to hurt her.

She may disagree with our proposal, in which case she will be given opportunity to tell her side of the story before the board.

In fact, if she were to desire to bring her case to a neutral party of the Church - and accept the publicity such an event would generate - I would welcome it. When all is said and done, it is my intent that no one will be able to honestly say we have not done everything possible to save her and her place of service.

As you can confirm, I have not expressed any judgments about Dr. Abrahamson other than to say that he is in the wrong for continuing a relationship, even a doctor-patient relationship, that is destroying the very thing he is trying to save. Having said that, a continuation of communication between Europe and Linda will place the board in a place where we must deal with an insubordinate member of the organization. She has been asked on numerous occasions to discontinue the relationship, first by her husband who is also her superior in ministry, by her pastor, by her board chairman, and now by the committee of the board created to seek resolution. Likewise, both you and Dr. Abrahamson have defied our requests to cease communication with Linda. While I can forgive this action on the mistaken belief that it is helping Linda, there comes a point when defiance must be dealt with lest it destroy the whole organization. If you are so concerned about Linda, and I believe you are, you will encourage her to get help here and break off the relationship there. Certainly there are people in America that can do give her the help she needs.

Thank you for helping me to meet with Dr. Abrahamson by phone. We had a good discussion that gave me opportunity to hear his side of the story, a thing I appreciate.

While we are going through this challenging time, please confine ALL further discussion about this matter to me or if unreachable, Bill Hulsey or Nick Miller (other members of the committee). In my mind this matter must not continue to spread - for the sake of Linda, 3ABN, and the world church and cause of God.

Your continued earnest prayers are cherished as we accept this responsibility.

Sincerely in Jesus' precious name,

[Walt T

And: according to the new letters on the save 3ABN not website just published, this here is how Johann replied to the above letter on May 6th, 3 weeks before the board meeting, or going to the campmeeting and handing out his papers: ( http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demi...-commentary.htm )

Accordingly, I would be pleased if you would submit to me in writing a comprehensive account of the allegations you have about the way 3ABN has treated Linda. I would like this to be comprehensive with whatever documentation you can provide so that we may assess it accurately.

[Johann Thorvaldsson] Too late now. I have handed such documentation over to another party - where you will meet it in due time. Too bad you did not think of this earlier, so I could see there was a willingness to come to terms.

Once this has been done, my request is that you discontinue further correspondence with Linda or anyone else regarding this matter. In this way we will have the information we need to act, and you will have opportunity to pursue your work of spreading the Good News to Europe. Our work there has been too long stagnate while we have been fighting.

[Johann Thorvaldsson] With you issuing this devastating document it is unfair of you to think that I will discontinue further correspondence with Linda.

--edited for typos and gramatical errors--

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 8 2007, 07:47 AM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Mar 8 2007, 08:03 AM
Post #53

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 06:24 AM) [snapback]183710[/snapback]

why would Johann claim they were invited when he was plainly warned not to come under those circumstances, and at that time, and told beforehand what would happen if he chose to do so anyway??

The e-mail invited Johann is dated April 21, 2004, at 8:21 AM. You can find it right here:

http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-meet-the-board-1.htm

The e-mail " disinviting " Johann is dated May 27, 2004 at 4:57 PM. The campmeeting in Thompsonville started that same evening, May 27, 2004 .

This "plain" warning "beforehand" was sent about two hours before the campmeeting started.

Some will likely say this was a carefully-crafted setup by Danny Shelton: Invite some Scandinavians to the United States on April 21; and then throw them out when they arrive on May 27; and make a big spectacle of it to showcase Danny as a victim.

Aletheia, I know you posted quite a bit ahead of this post. To me, your statements don't fit practical reality, such as:
You all keep pretending her marriage and her job at 3ABN are one and the same, there are overlapping issues, but they were, and are not the same.

I believe they are one and the same: If you stab your Vice President, Linda Shelton, in the back, your wife, Linda Shelton, might not cook you a very nice dinner that evening.

When people are interviewed, the first thing they are asked is what they do for a living. What a person does for a living becomes part of their identity and part of who they are. You don't steal that identity from your wife at work, and expect all will be well at home. It just doesn't work that way and I don't think Walt and Danny were working to that end.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 8 2007, 08:48 AM
Post #54

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 06:15 AM) [snapback]183691[/snapback]

Aletheia,

You state over and over you are looking for truth and answers.

Why do you fail to ask WWJD, Bystander and Lee to respond to questions posed by posters on this board when WWJD, Bystander and Lee fail to answer?

Maybe the posters should quote you in the future:

"Your answer tells me you are dissembling, and avoiding the question... Is there a problem with you answering in a honest and straight to the point manner?" Aletheia

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 8 2007, 12:38 AM) [snapback]183665[/snapback]

You were supposed to be in Service, praise and worship to God. This is exactly what I was saying. Danny conducted himself as if it was a "meeting". If he remember where he was and Who the Meeting" was supposed to be about, he would not have to worry about who stepped in the door. At that point very few in that rrom and definitely not the rank and file and viewing audience knew anything, until under his own power Danny tried to "handle" things.

Although I believe reasonable minds would find this an excellent statement concerning what reasonable christians would do, would those who project what THEY would do under similar circumstances only see a threat and behave as DS behaved?

nw
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 8 2007, 08:48 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 8 2007, 09:00 AM
Post #55

500 + posts
Group Icon

[quote name='Panama_Pete' date='Mar 8 2007, 09:03 AM' post='183727']
The e-mail invited Johann is dated April 21, 2004, at 8:21 AM. You can find it right here:

http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-meet-the-board-1.htm
-----------------------------------

The email you cite is to the Doctor, NOT Johann, and has nothing to do with campmeeting....

Johann was invited by the Chairman of the board on May 4th:
"Accordingly, I would be pleased if you would submit to me in writing a comprehensive account of the allegations you have about the way 3ABN has treated Linda. I would like this to be comprehensive with whatever documentation you can provide so that we may assess it accurately."

To which he replied:
" Too late now. I have handed such documentation over to another party - where you will meet it in due time. Too bad you did not think of this earlier, so I could see there was a willingness to come to terms. "

Pete:
The e-mail " disinviting " Johann is dated [color=#CC0000]May 27, 2004
at 4:57 PM. The campmeeting in Thompsonville started that same evening, May 27, 2004 .

This "plain" warning "beforehand" was sent about two hours before the campmeeting started.
-----------------

SO?? what was it in response to? (Do you know?)

And What does that have to do with Johann writing this several weeks later:
QUOTE:
.....A few weeks ago I was in Southern Illinois, wanting to attend the camp meeting at 3ABN, together with a Norwegian medical doctor ....during that meeting we were requested to leave the premises of 3ABN, and if we ever showed up again at the meetings the police would be requested to remove us as trespassing private property - and this at meetings where all are invited.......

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 8 2007, 09:05 AM

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 8 2007, 09:02 AM
Post #56

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 10:00 AM) [snapback]183735[/snapback]

[color=#330033]

A better question is are you looking for truth and answers? If so, why do you bring up WWJD, Bystander and Lee? Are we talking about them here? Did you notice we are talking about the letters on save 3ABN, and the campmeeting in relation to Johann???

"Your answer tells me you are dissembling, and avoiding the question... Is there a problem with you answering in a honest and straight to the point manner?" Aletheia

nw
C"i"

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 8 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #57

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

Aletheia previously said:

Even so, it was not till after, being asked to leave and refusing, after assualting Walt Thompson, and after handing out his papers, that they were warned to leave again, or the police would be called.

Under the law, and this differs somewhat from the common understanding of the terms, "assualt" is considered to be a verbal threat. "Battery" is considered to be a physical act. In the common understanding, "assualt" may be a physical act, as in the following sentence: The 7th Inf. Div. launched an assault on the enemy position. So, Aletheia is unclear as to whether Johann physically assaulted Dr. Thompson, or if Johann simply may have said something verbally that Aletheia did not like.

I do not know what she meant.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 8 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #58

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 8 2007, 09:48 AM) [snapback]183730[/snapback]

Aletheia,

You state over and over you are looking for truth and answers.

Why do you fail to ask WWJD, Bystander and Lee to respond to questions posed by posters on this board when WWJD, Bystander and Lee fail to answer?

A better question is are you looking for truth and answers? If so, why do you bring up WWJD, Bystander and Lee? Are we talking about them here? Did you notice we are talking about the letters on save 3ABN, (supplied by Johann)and the campmeeting in relation to Johann's testimony which he has already posted here???

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 8 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #59

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 10:06 AM) [snapback]183738[/snapback]

A better question is are you looking for truth and answers? If so, why do you bring up WWJD, Bystander and Lee? Are we talking about them here? Did you notice we are talking about the letters on save 3ABN, (supplied by Johann)and the campmeeting in relation to Johann's testimony which he has already posted here???

nw
C"i"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 8 2007, 09:24 AM
Post #60

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 09:06 AM) [snapback]183738[/snapback]

answer the question and quit being obtuse.... or is that your plan... you have no answers so the only thing you can be is obtuse....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church