Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12591&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:50:47 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Five Minute Transcript From 3abn "live" - 2/15/07, Danny's preamble to explaining the legal proceedings
Ralph
post Feb 18 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,002

I am transcribing the second part. It is slow going and I am making corrections from time to time now that I have re-taped it on audio cassette.

This post has been edited by Ralph: Feb 19 2007, 02:13 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Feb 18 2007, 05:05 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Apparently the so called "little group" have also been passing themselves off as Conference officials, to get information.

Can you substantiate that accusation, Aletheia?

By the way, I just finished watching the repeat telecast and taped it onto a DVD.

This post has been edited by Daryl Fawcett: Feb 18 2007, 05:06 PM

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 18 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Feb 18 2007, 06:05 PM) [snapback]179162[/snapback]

Can you substantiate that accusation, Aletheia?

By the way, I just finished watching the repeat telecast and taped it onto a DVD.

And you didn't hear it on the program??

hmmm..

Well anyway I believe a letter is going to be issued by the Illinois conference to rebut the claims that are being made by these individuals. I'm thinking that should substantiate it for you, and any else.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 18 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 18 2007, 05:41 PM) [snapback]179145[/snapback]

I call that lying.

Based on what? Your extensive experience as a prevaricator?

In His service,
Mr. J

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 18 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]179172[/snapback]

hmmm..

He never addressed what he may have heard or not heard... you were so indignant at others when you presumed them to be putting words in your mouth; do unto others as you would have them do unto you...

Well anyway I believe a letter is going to be issued by the Illinois conference to rebut the claims that are being made by these individuals. I'm thinking that should substantiate it for you, and any else.

Not when the IL conference president, as a member of the 3ABN board, is complicit in all their misdeeds... that's like Karl Rove vouching for Scooter Libby... Haldeman vouching for G. Gordon Liddy... Cassius vouching for Brutus... Annas vouching for Caiaphas... etc...

In His service,
Mr. J

This post has been edited by awesumtenor: Feb 18 2007, 05:45 PM

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Feb 18 2007, 05:41 PM
Post #35

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 18 2007, 05:10 PM) [snapback]179172[/snapback]

hmmm..

As a side note:

Isn't it interesting how the Illinois Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church is getting brought into these discussions? This is exactly what the General Conference in Silver Spring, Maryland, does not want, since the Church exercises no control or influence over 3ABN, and, to my knowledge, has not even commented on the situation.

For the Adventist Church, this is growing into "The Perfect Storm."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: "June 16, 2000 — The conditions were "perfect" for a monstrous storm, a meteorological time bomb that would explode in the northern Atlantic Ocean creating waves ten stories high and imperiling the New England fleet.

Meteorologists refer to a perfect storm when ideal conditions combine into a rare and deadly storm. Specific elements must merge in order to create the extreme chaos of a perfect storm."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 18 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 18 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]179145[/snapback]

You should ask Bob your questions. I believe D.S. was referring to Bob Pickle. He sometimes attaches the title to his name and writes as "Dr Pickle".

Apparently the so called "little group" have also been passing themselves off as Conference officials, to try and dig up more dirt, and accusations.

I call that lying.

Apparently you don't realize that the word "apparently" screams hearsay, gossip and rumor. If you have first-hand information to show instances where the "little group" have passed themselves off as Conference officials, please bring it forward. If not, you are just planting "cat-o-nine-tails" style lies.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 18 2007, 05:54 PM
Post #37

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Feb 18 2007, 06:41 PM) [snapback]179182[/snapback]

As a side note:

Isn't it interesting how the Illinois Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church is getting brought into these discussions? This is exactly what the General Conference in Silver Spring, Maryland, does not want, since the Church exercises no control or influence over 3ABN, and, to my knowledge, has not even commented on the situation.

Based on this exchange between DS and WT:

WT: An-and we are an independent organization or supporting industry uh ministry of the church
DS: mmhmm
WT: so the church doesn't really have responsibility or authority
DS: Right
WT: so they can't become involved and so ya know kinda we're out here sitting alone
DS: mmhmm

... if they call themselves speaking authoritatively in this matter, does that mean Dr. Thompson was lying? If the church as he stated "can't get involved" why are you waiting to hear from the IL Conference?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
daylily
post Feb 18 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 18 2007, 03:13 PM) [snapback]179090[/snapback]

daylily,
Thank you so much for making this suggestion. We actually have Creative hardware on our computer that will do this. Unfortunately, it is on the computer that crashed last weekend. roflmao.gif

Soon as we get a replacement computer built we will have that at our disposal. It definitely will make transcribing much easier!

PB

You are welcome smile.gif I hope you get your computer going. It's sure no fun have one crash sad.gif

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 18 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #39

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 18 2007, 06:54 PM) [snapback]179187[/snapback]

Based on this exchange between DS and WT:
... if they call themselves speaking authoritatively in this matter, does that mean Dr. Thompson was lying? If the church as he stated "can't get involved" why are you waiting to hear from the IL Conference?

In His service,
Mr. J

My guess would be that the Illinois conference officials do not appreciate having these people pass themselves off as one of them, and wish to disassociate themselves from what is being done falsely in their name.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Feb 18 2007, 07:52 PM

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Feb 18 2007, 08:22 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Your guess?

Is that all it is, your guess?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 18 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Feb 18 2007, 07:22 PM) [snapback]179210[/snapback]

Your guess?

Apparently so. giggle.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 18 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #42

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Feb 18 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]179210[/snapback]

Your guess?

That is what I said.

And unless someone else here has the inside scoop on WHY they are motivated to write the letter stating that these indviduals are not in any official capacity and aren't from the llinois conference, then all that anybody has is a guess, Daryl.

I guess time will tell.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 18 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 18 2007, 08:16 PM) [snapback]179215[/snapback]

That is what I said.
And unless someone else here has the inside scoop on WHY they are motivated to write the letter stating that these indviduals are not in any official capacity and aren't from the llinois conference, then all that anybody has is a guess, Daryl.

I guess time will tell.

I have been following this saga intensively since August and I haven't seen any indication anywhere that Gailon Arthur Joy, Bob Pickle or Gregory Matthews have claimed to be conference officials. If you have quotes from them or any other type of evidence, please share it with the rest of us. Otherwise, it is just a rumor.

Do you even have evidence that some official of the Illinois conference is even motivated to write such a letter or are you guessing at that also? Please show me where you have the information to draw this conclusion.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 18 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #44

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 18 2007, 05:41 PM) [snapback]179145[/snapback]

Apparently the so called "little group" have also been passing themselves off as Conference officials, to try and dig up more dirt, and accusations.

I call that lying.

"Apparently" you have an over active imagination, or are simply in need of a map to find a .... blink.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Feb 18 2007, 09:53 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 18 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 18 2007, 10:40 PM) [snapback]179216[/snapback]

I have been following this saga intensively since August and I haven't seen any indication anywhere that Gailon Arthur Joy, Bob Pickle or Gregory Matthews have claimed to be conference officials. If you have quotes from them or any other type of evidence, please share it with the rest of us. Otherwise, it is just a rumor.

Do you even have evidence that some official of the Illinois conference is even motivated to write such a letter or are you guessing at that also? Please show me where you have the information to draw this conclusion.

Did you read the letter from Tommy Shelton which Bob posted today in the Tommy Shelton vindicated thread?

"I will begin with the opening paragraph of his cover sheet where he admits to “cooperating with certain Seventh Day Adventist "ecclesiastical investigators" who were looking into Tommy Shelton's conduct while he pastored in Illinois as well as presently in his employment at the 3ABN Seventh Day Adventist television ministry in Illinois.”

These men are not "ecclesiastical investigators" for the Seventh Day Adventist. They hold no official position, and have no authority in the Seventh Day Adventist Church to investigate anything or anybody. By next week I will have in hand an official statement from the Illinois Conference President of SDA, stating that these men do not work for the Seventh-Day-Adventist church and were not authorized to investigate anyone. Gailon Joy, one of the “self appointed investigators” was convicted of embezzlement in the 80’s. Although one may get the impression after talking with him that he is a lawyer, he is not. His conviction was appealed 3 times but the conviction remained. We have evidence of his unscrupulous dealings in recent months and years and you will also hear in the near future that he is being held accountable for his slander in a court of law."

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church