Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12650&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:53:45 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save3abn Website Uses Blackmail Tactics, 3abn better not go to Court!
Lee
post Feb 23 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,957

Here is a second threat of blackmail, this time from Mr. Joy below. It came from his web site, save3abn.com Read the last paragraph carefully.
------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure that we could all feel comfortable with joining in prayer for this purpose.
Special News Bulletin!
We have received the following special alert:

Prayer Requests February 21

Special Request
God has impressed 3ABN's administrative staff that we need to call for a day of fasting and prayer to seek His face. This special season of prayer has been scheduled for:

Thursday, February 22, 2007, 9:30am–4:30pm

Ten department heads will be gathering together at the Thompsonville Church to fast and pray during those hours—an Upper Room experience, if you will. 3ABN's Board of Directors, and leaders of several other ministries will be joining us in spirit in this effort.

We will alternate between group and individual prayer time for those seven hours. Our prayer focus will begin with repentance, consecration and a desire for united hearts (specifically to be one in spirit with the Lord, operating by the mind of Christ). We will be praying for the Holy Spirit to fall upon us as He did on the day of Pentecost. Our goal is to seek God's guidance—asking Him to outline our plan of defense against Satan's attack, praying for Him to root out the enemy from within (giving them a change of heart and possibility of restoration), asking for ministry direction, praying for funds, and asking God's protection over the spiritual babes He has brought into the fold through 3ABN's ministry (that their faith will not be destroyed, and they will not be snared by the web of lies Satan is weaving).

Pray the Lord to cause us to hear His still, small voice, making clear His will for the direction we should take, as King Jehoshaphat did in 2 Chronicles, chapter 20, when—surrounded by his enemies (that God did not permit him to destroy)—he proclaimed a fast in all Judah, and assembled the people for prayer. We will look to the Lord for all the answers, and trust He will provide the plan for victory!

In honor of 3ABN's day of fasting and prayer, we invite everyone to join with them in praying that God will reveal to them the true source of difficulty, the true enemy within.

We would also like to extend to them the offer that we will cease publishing additional material about the various allegations once an adequate plan is put into place to address the various issues in a thorough, impartial, meaningful, and Christian way, something we have been asking for for more than six months.

In the blessed hope,

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
----------------------------------------------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 23 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #47

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

You behind Lee...this has been discussed already...but you may continue if you like...
snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 23 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #48

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 23 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]180299[/snapback]

Here is a second threat of blackmail, this time from Mr. Joy below. It came from his web site, save3abn.com Read the last paragraph carefully.
------------------------------------------------------

Gailon wrote:
In honor of 3ABN's day of fasting and prayer, we invite everyone to join with them in praying that God will reveal to them the true source of difficulty, the true enemy within.

We would also like to extend to them the offer that we will cease publishing additional material about the various allegations once an adequate plan is put into place to address the various issues in a thorough, impartial, meaningful, and Christian way, something we have been asking for for more than six months.

In the blessed hope,

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Lee,
Blackmail? If 3abn would be willing to clean their house and take care of the victims their cover up and denial has left in its wake there would be no need for save3abn or this particular forum.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Lee
post Feb 23 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

Let me tell you what Mr. Joy is really saying here. Below is a repeat of what Mr. Joy said on his site:

------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------
If you will read closely, you will see that this is carefully written to look like a generous offer. But instead it is saying IF you will handle this in a "christian way" THEN we will not post any more material in a public way.

THAT is called BLACKMAIL!

What Mr. Joy is saying in regular language is: "Hey--call off your lawyers and we can settle this but if you don't, we will publish more." What a sad thing to offer because they HAD their chance with ASI but blew it. I'm afraid it doesn't look good for Pickle/Joy.

Oh, and much of what they publish is twisted or outright lies!

BTW, I knew this was late DrRe--but the principle of blackmail was still there.

This post has been edited by Lee: Feb 23 2007, 10:23 PM

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Feb 23 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 23 2007, 10:20 PM) [snapback]180332[/snapback]

Let me tell you what Mr. Joy is really saying here.

...and do you receive an official salary for interpreteting for Mr. Joy??? Where were you when Ari Fleischer resigned??? As far as I have seen, Mr. Joy is quite articulate and makes his comments in English...don't need you to interpret... no.gif

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 24 2007, 05:39 AM
Post #51

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 23 2007, 09:20 PM) [snapback]180332[/snapback]

Let me tell you what Mr. Joy is really saying here. Below is a repeat of what Mr. Joy said on his site:

If you will read closely, you will see that this is carefully written to look like a generous offer. But instead it is saying IF you will handle this in a "christian way" THEN we will not post any more material in a public way.

What Mr. Joy is saying in regular language is: "Hey--call off your lawyers and we can settle this but if you don't, we will publish more." What a sad thing to offer because they HAD their chance with ASI but blew it. I'm afraid it doesn't look good for Pickle/Joy.

Well with that type of logic you would have to say that Mr. Duffy's letter to Mr. Joy was blackmail. After all, it demanded that Mr. Joy cease posting on save3abn.

[NOTE: It is not my position that Mr. Duffy attempted to blackmail Mr. Joy. I am simply pointing out your logic.]

Rather than blackmail, I see it as Mr. Joy agreeing to the demand of Mr. Duffy. In essence, Mr. Joy has said: O.K. We will stop posting as you ask, if in return you do . . . . That is not blackmail. that is negotiation.

Is negotiation blackmail? Well, look into the legal history of the law firm that Mr. Duffy represents. You will find that the firm that Mr. Duffy represents has over its history negotiated a lot of settlements that were never taken litigated to a decision by a judge (Of course the negotiated agreement may have been entered by the judge as a decision.). You will also find that his firm has a reputation in the legal community of negotiating settlements, at least when certain of its lawyers are the lead attorney in a case. (This is not true for every one.) That reputation is seen as a positive one for the firm, as it reaches a settlement, while saving the client legal fees.

On another note of interest: A statement that a law firm has never lost a case can only be made by a firm that negotiates a fair amount of settlements. Any law firm with a fair amount of cases, and that has been in business for some time, will lose some cases eventually, unless they negotiate. Negotiation is seen in the legal community as being reasonable.

FYI: Folks, for people who know how to obtain the information, a lot of information is available regarding lawyers and law firms as to how they conduct their business and/or litigate. That knowledge is always helpful to people on the other side. That information does not always come from Martindale.

NOTE: For the record, the legal community considers the firm Mr. Duffy represents to be ethical. As an ethical legal firm, it would not engage in blackmail, or in any other unethical (or illegal) practice. As would be expected for a firm of it's size, it has greater competence is some areas of it's practice than it does in others.

This post has been edited by Observer: Feb 24 2007, 05:44 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 24 2007, 06:45 AM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

So Lee by your logic I use blackmail all the time, we all do, including you. It's summed up by these words: "if you, then I (or we)". If you do such and such then we will do such and such. This is not blackmail by any stretch of logic. For instance: If you bring up your Bible grade to a B then I will buy you a new computer. If you do the dishes then I will do the laundry. If you work 2000 hours a year then I will pay you $40,000 dollars. If you use logic Lee then we will not say you do not smile.gif I did not just blackmail you, but by your logic I did. My humble apology sir.

Richard

+Quote Post
ida
post Feb 24 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #53

Member No.: 3,018

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 24 2007, 04:20 AM) [snapback]180332[/snapback]

So you call an appeal to handle things in a Christian Way blackmail? Are you demanding it be handled in an unchristian way?

What is twisted? What are outright lies? Would your answer to these questions go too much into details, which you want to avoid, since Danny Shelton himself says that the devil is the god of details?

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 24 2007, 09:51 AM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

If there is nothing to hide Lee then you should encourage save3abn to go to the media so that 3abn can get their version of the truth out. Indeed if 3abn has nothing to hide then they should be the ones going to the media to expose the naysayers.

As Aunt B said, "Truth invites examination and needs no defense. Lies hide in darkness and blame everyone else."

Richard

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 24 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 23 2007, 10:20 PM) [snapback]180332[/snapback]

So you don't like "IF" and "THEN"? Well, how about this:

"IF my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; THEN will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Is this blackmail?

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
sister
post Feb 24 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #56

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 24 2007, 10:20 AM)

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 24 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]180367[/snapback]

So you don't like "IF" and "THEN"? Well, how about this:

"IF my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; THEN will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Is this blackmail?

Amen, Duane! The same thought and the same exact text popped into my mind, while reading the comments preceding yours. So, by Lee's reasoning, God is the greatest Blackmailer of all? Lee, shame on you for using the tactics of Satan, while claiming to represent the LORD in your defense of Danny Shelton and Co.

Sister

This post has been edited by sister: Feb 24 2007, 11:02 AM

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 24 2007, 11:03 AM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

By Lee's reasoning all humans would be blackmailers. Even my dog would be. We make deals dozens of times every single day, it's called living, not black mail.

How so my dog? If you give me a treat then I'll roll over...if I'm in the mood maybe.

Richard

QUOTE(sister @ Feb 24 2007, 11:57 AM) [snapback]180373[/snapback]

Amen, Duane! The same thought and the same exact text popped into my mind, while reading the comments preceding yours. So, by Lee's reasoning, God is the greatest Blackmailer of all? Lee, shame on you for using the tactics of Satan.

Sister

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Feb 24 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Feb 23 2007, 11:37 PM) [snapback]180334[/snapback]

... Where were you when Ari Fleischer resigned??? ... no.gif

Did someone say my name?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 24 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

[In the blessed hope,

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
[/quote]

Would someone please explain to me what AU reporter Means? Awful close to ap reporter which we know he is not. Does anyone know?

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 24 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #60

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 24 2007, 01:48 PM) [snapback]180413[/snapback]

[In the blessed hope,

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
Would someone please explain to me what AU reporter Means? Awful close to ap reporter which we know he is not. Does anyone know?

It has private meaning, which goes back in time, and really is not revelant here. He used that term prior to his involvement in the 3-ABN mess.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church