Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12650&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:53:50 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save3abn Website Uses Blackmail Tactics, 3abn better not go to Court!
Aletheia
post Feb 25 2007, 05:51 AM
Post #76

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

[quote name='Richard Sherwin' date='Feb 24 2007, 10:06 PM' post='180461']
"I think you might find, with a bit of checking that many, if not most, of the principles that are accusing DS and TS of anything are quite willing to have their real names on their posts."

Well I was speaking more of those claiming to be witnesses, or claiming they have personal knowledge such as Sister, with her unauthorized 3ABN history threads, the author of the televangelist, Watchbird, Sonshinonme, HOTY etc...????

And I have noticed that none are willing to make their accusations and claims under their real name...

But I see very few of the Dannynites telling who they really are, including you. But really that's your prerogative.

Perhaps you just haven't noticed that my login name is "Aletheia" and all who are Lindaites delight in calling me "Cindy" instead, and in constantly making remarks about me living in Indiana???? Also since Bob Pickle has my address and phone number at his disposal and actually called me about all this at my home, it is very unlikely the Lindaites don't know who I am, or where I am..

"And I'm assuming you did not mean observer but in fact meant bystander?"

Yes I did, Thankyou. I don't know how I made that mistake. dunno.gif

"I have no problem what-so-ever with anonymous posts unless they take exception with others being anonymous. Now I do wish the wwjd would use another assumed name as I find any person using the letters wwjd a little offensive."

Well I guess it would depend on how you look at people and things... for myself, I take it as a question and reminder for that poster, me, and actually all of us, to think about what would jesus do or say before doing or saying anything. That never seems like a bad idea to me.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Feb 25 2007, 07:39 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 25 2007, 06:31 AM
Post #77

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(watchbird @ Feb 24 2007, 09:23 PM) [snapback]180479[/snapback]

There is no need to speculate. Gailon Arthur Joy lives in the Atlantic Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. He has previously been an activist in reporting on a rather widely ranging assortment of what he has perceived as problem areas... at local, conference, or union levels. For this purpose he has put out an occasional "magazine" called the Atlantic Union Reporter. His is not the only signature which appears on articles and/or letters bearing the identifier of Atlantic Union Reporter... or AUReporter.

There was a misunderstanding early in his communication with some regarding his interest in the 3abn situation.... who thought that he was claiming to be an official spokesman for the Atlantic Union Conference. However, when queried about this he was very plain that this was NOT the case, that he was neither employed by nor affiliated with the Conference office. He has never claimed to be anything more than an independent individual who is seeking to investigate and report on his findings.

A google search on Atlantic Union Reporter turns up but few hits, but one of them (on an "article" about the need for change at Atlantic Union College in 2003) has this signature and disclaimer following the signatures....

John C. Schumacher-Hardy
G. Arthur Joy
"The Atlantic Union Reporter" *

* Please note, "The Atlantic Union Reporter" is not affiliated with the Atlantic Union Conference, Atlantic Union College or any of its corporate entities. "The Atlantic Union Reporter" represents a grassroots effort by constituent members to inform and report on issues relevant to the SDA work in the northeast and Bermuda.

If there is a paper called the Atlantic Union Reporter... even if it is an "occasional paper" rather than one with regular publication dates.... and if someone is a reporter for that paper.... then it is neither inappropriate nor deceptive for that someone to sign himself as AUReporter.

Watchbird has correctly stated the facts in regard to "AU Reporter."

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 25 2007, 07:02 AM
Post #78

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 25 2007, 07:31 AM) [snapback]180503[/snapback]

"...There was a misunderstanding early in his communication with some regarding his interest in the 3abn situation.... who thought that he was claiming to be an official spokesman for the Atlantic Union Conference. However, when queried about this he was very plain that this was NOT the case, that he was neither employed by nor affiliated with the Conference office. He has never claimed to be anything more than an independent individual who is seeking to investigate and report on his findings...."

Watchbird has correctly stated the facts in regard to "AU Reporter."

Well you incorrectly stated the facts when you claimed it was irelevant as it was used prior to this 3ABN mess, as he is plainly still using it, and has not stopped using it throughout his so called investigation of this 3ABN mess. The question is, Why does he use it? It smacks of deception.

So let me get this straight.

Are you and Watchbird actually claiming that Mr Joy using this title is not misleading, and doesn't give a false impression? and if people misunderstand it's just because they don't bother to ask? because if they did, he would tell them it means nothing because he isn't claiming to be something he's not?

Unbelievable!

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Feb 25 2007, 07:22 AM

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 25 2007, 07:43 AM
Post #79

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Altheia one thing for sure, anyone who posts anonymously has no right to complain about others doing the same. I think that would be a wee bit hypocritical, don't you?

This post has been edited by Richard Sherwin: Feb 25 2007, 09:06 AM

+Quote Post
Lee
post Feb 25 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

Richard, I would suggest you talk to Calvin about those who are anonymous on this board. He said we were NOT to ask people to say who they are. In other words it is really okay to be anonymous.

And if it is hypocritical for Bystander/wwjd to be anonymous, then what about sister/sonshineonme/watchbird/bewildered and others? There are a lot more there--why don't you pester them to reveal their "hypocritical" names, as you call them.

Go ahead--ask Calvin!

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Feb 25 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #81

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE("Alethia")
Well I guess it would depend on how you look at people and things... for myself, I take it as a question and reminder for that poster, me, and actually all of us, to think about what would jesus do or say before doing or saying anything.

Remember, Jesus' life was an open book.

He seemed to understood the importance of being tried in the Court of Public Opinion. This is where the damage has already been done with 3abn. Litigation is now beside the point.

Looking on from the outside, public perception has been shaped more by the patterns one sees going on in the organization, not by whether something can be proved in court. Look at the patterns. When you examine the public record of certain individuals within said organization, do you see Jesus? Or do you see similar patterns like that of a priest whose life is plagued by scandals, or by a TV evangelist who can't keep his family life and marriage together? Remember all the recent denial--at first--within the catholic church, and how the so-called "false" accusations were not really false at all with thousands of priests?

Patterns.

In the legal system of today, the outcome (I won't say "truth") is often determined by whichever way one chooses to argue the issues, how well the evidence can be tampered with, and/or how much money one has to spend on good Lawyers. So, in my view, it's not as important whether one can be exonerated through litigation. OJ was cleared by one trial, but he is generally percieved as guilty by a large number of people. The other trial that had him pay up was immaterial to his reputation.

Jesus didn't need to be evasive and crafty when faced with accusations impropriety or inappropriate actions. And, he wouldn't need to hide behind pseudonyms on the internet. Christ didn't live the kind of life that left his viewers perplexed--wondering why things didn't appear to sqaure up. His actions were on the safe side. His life was an open book, beyond reproach. And likewise, so are the lives of many in Christ's ministry today.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 25 2007, 01:19 PM
Post #82

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

wallbash.gif Man did you even read my post? (Please read carefully one word at a time) I never said it was hypocrital to be anonymous. I never said people should not be anonymous. All I said was that it is hypocritical for anonymous people to chide others for being anomymous. I've never pestered anyone to reveal who they are, I could care less. I guess some people know who Altheia is, I don't nor do I want or need to know.

Richard

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 25 2007, 10:19 AM) [snapback]180512[/snapback]

Richard, I would suggest you talk to Calvin about those who are anonymous on this board. He said we were NOT to ask people to say who they are. In other words it is really okay to be anonymous.

And if it is hypocritical for Bystander/wwjd to be anonymous, then what about sister/sonshineonme/watchbird/bewildered and others? There are a lot more there--why don't you pester them to reveal their "hypocritical" names, as you call them.

Go ahead--ask Calvin!

This post has been edited by Richard Sherwin: Feb 25 2007, 01:32 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 25 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #83

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 25 2007, 03:02 PM) [snapback]180504[/snapback]

Well you incorrectly stated the facts when you claimed it was irelevant as it was used prior to this 3ABN mess, as he is plainly still using it, and has not stopped using it throughout his so called investigation of this 3ABN mess. The question is, Why does he use it? It smacks of deception.
So let me get this straight.

Are you and Watchbird actually claiming that Mr Joy using this title is not misleading, and doesn't give a false impression? and if people misunderstand it's just because they don't bother to ask? because if they did, he would tell them it means nothing because he isn't claiming to be something he's not?

Unbelievable!

Well, I guess it could be expressed like this: Which is more misleading, Cindy calling herself Aletheia or Joy calling himself a reporter? Who wants to be the arbiter? notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by Johann: Feb 25 2007, 03:03 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Feb 25 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #84

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 25 2007, 07:02 AM) [snapback]180504[/snapback]

Are you and Watchbird actually claiming that Mr Joy using this title is not misleading, and doesn't give a false impression?

Let us speak of false and misleading impressions, Aletheia

Danny Shelton refers to himself, in print, as "President and Founder." I've seen that in numerous places, including 3ABN's own publications.

Doesn't "President and Founder" give people the false impression that one man did it all by himself? Doesn't that title give the impression that Danny Shelton is expunging Linda Shelton, the co-founder, so that he can take credit for all of her accomplishments over many years, including the founding of 3ABN Radio Network, for which Danny claimed to have no vision?

Shouldn't it be Danny Shelton, President and Co-founder to keep Aletheia from being misled?

When Aletheia says, "Why does he use it? It smacks of deception," does Aletheia feel that her criticism also applies to Danny Shelton, President and Co-Founder? Why or why not?

I don't see any evidence that Gailon Joy, by using AU Reporter, is taking credit for the work of others.

Here are few examples of something I think (to borrow a word from Aletheia) is "misleading." (The actual quote will follow the link to its location.)

http://www.3abn.org/pdf/world/3ABN-World-2006-02.pdf

(page 3, 3ABN World, February 2006)

"Danny Shelton is the president and founder of 3ABN."

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6102...=Special+Report

Three Angels Broadcasting Network
Business model: Viewer and ministry supported
Distribution: Digital cable
Demographic: All ages, interdenominational
Signature programming: Health, cooking, inspirational, guidance-themed programming
Top executive: Danny Shelton, president and founder
www.3abn.org

http://www.reviewandherald.com/newproducts...;sku=0972088830

Danny is the President and founder of Three Angels Broadcasting network (3ABN), a 24-hour-a-day Christian television and radio network with a mission to reach the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ, and emphasize the Three Angels’ Messages of Revelation 14.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_km44...05/ai_n16427258

"Danny (Shelton, president and founder of 3ABN) flew down (to the Coast) with a film crew just days after the storm," Walsh said.

http://www.caymannetnews.com/2004/01/572/seventhday.shtml

The Cayman Islands Mission of Seventh-day Adventists Communication Weekend began on Saturday, 10 January, when one of the highlights was a visit by Danny Shelton, founder and president of Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN).

http://sogospelnews.com/index/features/comments/1076/

Our president and founder Danny Shelton, has a love for pure, traditional gospel music and wants to be a channel of blessing to several artists that we have come in contact with.

http://www.amazon.com/Commandments-Twice-R...n/dp/1883012406

About the Author
Danny Shelton is the founder and President of Three Angels Broadcasting Network. He has also authored several books and has been hosting programs on 3ABN for 20 years.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Feb 25 2007, 03:53 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 25 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #85

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Feb 25 2007, 11:31 PM) [snapback]180584[/snapback]

Let us speak of false and misleading impressions, Aletheia

Danny Shelton refers to himself, in print, as "President and Founder." I've seen that in numerous places, including 3ABN's own publications.

Doesn't "President and Founder" give people the false impression that one man did it all by himself? Doesn't that title give the impression that Danny Shelton is expunging Linda Shelton, the co-founder, so that he can take credit for all of her accomplishments over many years, including the founding of 3ABN Radio Network, for which Danny claimed to have no vision?

Shouldn't it be Danny Shelton, President and Co-founder to keep Aletheia from being misled?

When Aletheia says, "Why does he use it? It smacks of deception," does Aletheia feel that her criticism also applies to Danny Shelton, President and Co-Founder? Why or why not?

I don't see any evidence that Gailon Joy, by using AU Reporter, is taking credit for the work of others.

Here are few examples of something I think (to borrow a word from Aletheia) is "misleading." (The actual quote will follow the link to its location.)

http://www.3abn.org/pdf/world/3ABN-World-2006-02.pdf

(page 3, 3ABN World, February 2006)

"Danny Shelton is the president and founder of 3ABN."

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6102...=Special+Report

Three Angels Broadcasting Network
Business model: Viewer and ministry supported
Distribution: Digital cable
Demographic: All ages, interdenominational
Signature programming: Health, cooking, inspirational, guidance-themed programming
Top executive: Danny Shelton, president and founder
www.3abn.org
http://www.reviewandherald.com/newproducts...;sku=0972088830

Danny is the President and founder of Three Angels Broadcasting network (3ABN), a 24-hour-a-day Christian television and radio network with a mission to reach the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ, and emphasize the Three Angels’ Messages of Revelation 14.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_km44...05/ai_n16427258

"Danny (Shelton, president and founder of 3ABN) flew down (to the Coast) with a film crew just days after the storm," Walsh said.

http://www.caymannetnews.com/2004/01/572/seventhday.shtml

The Cayman Islands Mission of Seventh-day Adventists Communication Weekend began on Saturday, 10 January, when one of the highlights was a visit by Danny Shelton, founder and president of Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN).

http://sogospelnews.com/index/features/comments/1076/

Our president and founder Danny Shelton, has a love for pure, traditional gospel music and wants to be a channel of blessing to several artists that we have come in contact with.

http://www.amazon.com/Commandments-Twice-R...n/dp/1883012406

About the Author
Danny Shelton is the founder and President of Three Angels Broadcasting Network. He has also authored several books and has been hosting programs on 3ABN for 20 years.

Some impresssive research. wave.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 25 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 25 2007, 05:19 PM) [snapback]180512[/snapback]

Go ahead--ask Calvin!

What was that question again? Ask Calvin what?

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 25 2007, 03:02 PM) [snapback]180504[/snapback]

- - -
Unbelievable!

Where is your faith, Aletheia?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 25 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #87

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

I think Lee is one of those posters who pops in, makes some rather false assumed statements and then does not follow up on her posts.

Richard

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 25 2007, 05:37 PM) [snapback]180603[/snapback]

What was that question again? Ask Calvin what?
Where is your faith, Aletheia?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 26 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #88

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

The ASI communications ceased to be bound by a confidentiality agreement on January 24.

Dr. Thompson knew prior to making his request that what he wrote would not be kept confidential.

As far as the Leonard Westphal page goes, why not write Gailon and ask him about that?

+Quote Post
Lee
post Feb 26 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #89

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

Pickle--just Christian courtesy and kindness should have prompted you to honor Dr. Thompsons request.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 26 2007, 09:43 AM
Post #90

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 26 2007, 09:40 AM) [snapback]180740[/snapback]

Pickle--just Christian courtesy and kindness should have prompted you to honor Dr. Thompsons request.

typical adventist mindset when it comes to dealing with problems.... keep everything hidden..... don't tell anyone or speak publicly about it..... there are no problems here.....

that mindset is disgusting.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church