Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12754&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:53:32 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linda Has Finally Updated Her Website, Check it out
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 4 2007, 08:18 AM
Post #106

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,231

I agree with you wwjd, this whole thing sounds pretty far fetched, so far fetched that no one would be able to make it all up. You know the saying, truth is stranger than fiction? In this case I think it is.

BTW you and BS taking turns at the computer in the middle of the night? Out late and just got back home or what? smile.gif

Richard

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 4 2007, 03:31 AM) [snapback]182203[/snapback]

Is this yet, another accusation wb? Why not? It goes along with, the break in at her house, forged documents, tampering with emails, Abuse, Garwin M's "thingy" that could trace where she was flying to, ( johann's words) being black balled from employment/ ministry, being mistreated by the board, being mistreated by the T'ville church, being betrayed by her best friend.....shall I go on? If she has taken the "high road" in all of this, how do we "know" all of these things that supposedly took place? She must be tellin' somebody!! That definitely doesn't sound like that she has been keeping quiet, nor does it sound like that she doesn't have the "help me, I'm an innocent victim" syndrome. Quite the opposite. I'm with Calvin. You all are giving DS too much credit for control. WB you and other Linda-nites describe DS and his family like the "mafia." Everything and everyone is corrupt and they even have hired "hoods" to break and enter for them. roflmao.gif It's a shame that they don't know they have all the power that you give them credit for. If they knew it, maybe they could have Linda banished to another country. Possibly....Norway.... rofl1.gif Then maybe all the false accusations would stop.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 4 2007, 08:24 AM
Post #107

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 4 2007, 08:17 AM) [snapback]182225[/snapback]

Does one have to leave the SDA church, simply because their minstry is being used to minister to those outside of it?

good question.... and the answer would be no..... remembering back when Take 6 first took off, they were doing gigs outside of the church primarily because there was more acceptance... remember SS they (those in the church) were even reluctant to admit that Take 6 was apart of the church, they were dissed by the administration at Oakwood during those times.... but the Lord blessed in spite of....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 4 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #108

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

I think the 1st time I heard Take 6 they were on prairie Home Companion with Garrison Kieller. I remember them saying they were from Oakwood college and I was so proud of them. Thanks for bringing back that memory

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 4 2007, 09:24 AM) [snapback]182229[/snapback]

good question.... and the answer would be no..... remembering back when Take 6 first took off, they were doing gigs outside of the church primarily because there was more acceptance... remember SS they (those in the church) were even reluctant to admit that Take 6 was apart of the church, they were dissed by the administration at Oakwood during those times.... but the Lord blessed in spite of....

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 4 2007, 08:49 AM
Post #109

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Exactly....so shake the dust and take your ministry where it will have a voice while God handles things....the reality is that by trying to clear onself, it generally has the adverse affect....But when God clears you, no one can touch you. boxing.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Mar 4 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #110

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 4 2007, 08:49 AM) [snapback]182234[/snapback]

Exactly....so shake the dust and take your ministry where it will have a voice while God handles things....the reality is that by trying to clear onself, it generally has the adverse affect....But when God clears you, no one can touch you. boxing.gif

SS, you have made some very solid points and given sound advice. It will not be heeded. Everyone that "knew" Linda had no doubts that as soon as her checks from 3abn stopped coming, she would write her "tell all" version of things. Everyone also knew that it would be cloaked in scripture and decked out with all the right phrases ( I have forgiven those involved and only want the best for the ministry) along with, what she has learned from being a "victim" that she can share with others.
Oh yes, if there had been a "wager" pool around the office, of will she, or won't she, it would have flopped. Why? Because no one would have made the bet that she wouldn't.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 4 2007, 09:49 AM
Post #111

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

My impression, of this whole fiasco, is that "the powers that be" are taking an active part, particularly in their silence, in driving Linda out of the church. Even though she has every right to continue to serve God as He leads, just remember "the powers that be", in and out of church leadership, seem to have determined that Linda Shelton is expendable, for lack of a better term. If Linda continues to work in ministry anything she does, that is not supported by the church hierarchy will eventually be called an "offshoot". Which will support the cause of her detractors to claim they are the, if not a, true face of Adventism.

Mark these words. Linda Sheltons blood, and the blood of countless others, is on your hands.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 4 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #112

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Mar 4 2007, 09:49 AM) [snapback]182255[/snapback]

My impression, of this whole fiasco, is that "the powers that be" are taking an active part, particularly in their silence, in driving Linda out of the church. Even though she has every right to continue to serve God as He leads, just remember "the powers that be", in and out of church leadership, seem to have determined that Linda Shelton is expendable, for lack of a better term. If Linda continues to work in ministry anything she does, that is not supported by the church hierarchy will eventually be called an "offshoot". Which will support the cause of her detractors to claim they are the, if not a, true face of Adventism.

Mark these words. Linda Sheltons blood, and the blood of countless others, is on your hands.

sometimes you gotta be an offshoot..... if God has given the gift then you must do his will without permission or apology... and the powers that be can continue to do what they do....... hope they are ready to face the music, they will be in that line with Pilate, those Pharisees, and others who stood by while injuring those God would have edify the church...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 4 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #113

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 4 2007, 10:06 AM) [snapback]182242[/snapback]

... Everyone that "knew"... Everyone also knew...

Everone here knows that wwjd does not have a problem lying... get thee hence

--------------------

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 4 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #114

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I have to actually agree with you here....however I would probably call it independent ministry or private business.

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 4 2007, 10:57 AM) [snapback]182257[/snapback]

sometimes you gotta be an offshoot..... if God has given the gift then you must do his will without permission or apology... and the powers that be can continue to do what they do....... hope they are ready to face the music, they will be in that line with Pilate, those Pharisees, and others who stood by while injuring those God would have edify the church...

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 4 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #115

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 4 2007, 10:57 AM) [snapback]182257[/snapback]

Tru dat...

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 4 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #116

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Very good points that have been overlooked yes.gif....

Question is do we need to clear our name or let God?

QUOTE(lurker @ Mar 3 2007, 09:09 AM) [snapback]181900[/snapback]

Regardless of my "lurker"name here, I am a woman. I plan on buying Linda's book. But you know even if I didn't I think this situation is one of the things that will be gone over during the millennium when the books are gone over in heaven and all the behind the scenes things are explained. It will be one of many things. Not all of them about our current lifetimes obviously. God isn't going to "let all these things go".

What has been testified to can't be chalked up to a difference of opinion. Someone is deliberately lying. Lying about more than one thing. Lying about things that don't even matter. I wouldn't want to be the liar when God finally reveals all. While going over this in heaven would be interesting and informative for all, knowing now what has happened and is happening influences our behavior as a church or should influence it toward the situation now. I think this is important.

People seem to really admire the sexually active these days. Frankly, the men are admired and looked upon as "studs". Women who violate church standards are treated entirely differently. The promiscuous women are forgiven but talked about. But both the guilty and the innocent women who are talked about seem to have lost their rights to say no. To protect yourself, you have to speak up and clear yourself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 4 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #117

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 4 2007, 10:31 AM) [snapback]182203[/snapback]

Is this yet, another accusation wb?
- - -
Garwin M's "thingy" that could trace where she was flying to, ( johann's words)
- - -

I was only quoting a certain Mr. Danny Shelton on this point. Are you telling me now that he was lying?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 4 2007, 08:59 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 4 2007, 03:32 PM) [snapback]182340[/snapback]

I was only quoting a certain Mr. Danny Shelton on this point. Are you telling me now that he was lying?

I am telling you that you quote as many misquotes as Pickle, and that is saying something. notworthy.gif

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Mar 4 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #119

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 3 2007, 09:01 PM) [snapback]182110[/snapback]

PP,

The facts are true. Linda was asked multiple times by numerous people to reconsider the path she was on, she didn't, it lead to her being given an ultimatum, she still made her choice. When are you going to admit that she had more than one choice in the matter? When are you going to accept that she is responsible for the paper she signed, the decisions she made, the course she charted. No one told her to make those choices, no one made her make them - she, Linda Shelton, made those choices and now she has to navigate the waters she choose to sail in.

Be a friend to her, convince her to own up to things the way they are instead of blaming, blaming, blaming and trying to play on the sympathies of everyone ear she can get a hold of. She alone is in control of her future - she can choose to slip her hand into God's and walk the path of life from here on with him as her guide or she can continue to look backward and cry over spilt milk.

- FHB

Dear Fallible Kay-Clone,

One can read the original remarks from the original writer instead of your paraphrase of the same. You have become a mere redundancy of the original author, or of yourself, perhaps. You regurgitate pseudo-factoids like a force-fed goose being fattened for market.

Obvious the Big Danny Plan is not working or you would not be here; It has been a big fiasco from the beginning. So, don't see yourself qualified to give me instructions - you're not qualified to even sharpen my pencils.

Now, get off that computer because Bystander and WWJD probably have something else worthy of a Pulitzer Prize that they need to post before dawn.

Your regurgitated insights are one big yawn.

Pete

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Mar 4 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #120

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Mar 4 2007, 08:08 PM) [snapback]182447[/snapback]

Obvious the Big Danny Plan is not working or you would not be here; It has been a big fiasco from the beginning.

Pete, I feel a sense of desperation.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church