Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12754&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:53:30 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linda Has Finally Updated Her Website, Check it out
simplysaved
post Mar 3 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #91

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

Hezekiah Walker....

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hezekiah-walker.htm

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8215

People still think that he is lying.... yes.gif

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Mar 3 2007, 11:38 PM) [snapback]182138[/snapback]

See Linda has a problem that other entertainers do not. Yes many of them have fallen, they've acknowledged it and have been forgiven and accepted again into churches. With Linda people think she has not only fallen, but lied about it and is continuing to lie about it. Others who have acknowledged their sins to the world have been able to be forgiven and start over, Linda does not have that option because she did not commit adultery but people think she did and is lying about it. If she were to say she did it, in other words lie about it, then people could forgive her and she could move on easier. Danny has really put her between a rock and a hard place, it's very hard to move on when people assume you are guility and have not asked for forgiveness.

(The above is based on my assumption that she is innocent of course)

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 3 2007, 11:00 PM
Post #92

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Maybe some people think he's lying, however the site that that published that he was gay says it was a hoax and they were lying. If Danny were to say he was lying it would make it much easier for Linda. Also I can't to to truthorfiction.com and find out it was a lie.

Apples to oranges

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 3 2007, 11:53 PM) [snapback]182150[/snapback]

This post has been edited by Richard Sherwin: Mar 3 2007, 11:06 PM

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Mar 3 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Fran @ Mar 4 2007, 12:38 AM) [snapback]182137[/snapback]

I have never told A-lethal you were the real Voltaire "wanna be". You did that in your bungling up your own cover! I was nice and did not expose you for what and who you really are.

You fight for religious freedom, why are you not defending Linda's right? Who was it that said, "That contract was written in crayons"? Surely you know that answer? Right?

Fran,

HHmmm, I never mentioned you saying a word to Aleathia (I assume that your misspelling is either the fact you haven't slept for awhile or an intentional backhanded swipe), where did you get that? I am wondering why you make such a statement since I never mentioned you saying anything to anyone in particular. I merely said that I had been forewarned of your ridiculous theory.

Whose cover-up has been exposed? I wonder. Hmmm. I don't practice law (which brings on another "hhhmmm" you pointed out that you are an accountant yourself and not a practicing attorney, which begs the question how you would be so "informed" when it comes to finance law enabling you to "accurately" interpret the legal docs in the case between 3ABN and the State of Illinois) so the insinuation that I "fight for religious freedom" gives us some insight into who you think I am . . . and a number of individuals can tell you, you are not even out in left field, you're out past the outfield wall, the bleachers, the street outside the stadium, even the city the stadium is in. Thanks for tipping your hand. Also, that phrase sounds familiar, need to do some searching - will let you know if anything is found.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 3 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #94

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 3 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]182020[/snapback]

Then please answer FHB's question. How could anything he said decrease DS popularity?
Since you have said you don't know either person, your statement seems somewhat, lopsided. Wouldn't it be more fair if you said "if Danny can broadcast lies about Linda to the world, why can't Linda tell her Lies?
Any other way of putting it is saying everything he says is lies while everything she says is the gospel truth. blink.gif

flirt.gif Bystander you of ALL people have some nerve suggesting that anyone else is telling lies. You have NO CREDIBILITY here... get the hence

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 3 2007, 11:36 PM
Post #95

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Only one of them--the original source of the info has not removed the allegation, is standing behind it, and is not to my knowledge being sued. http://www.mediatakeout.com/exclusive8.html

One the other extreme, we can also consider James Cleveland...who did deny that he was gay...and when he died we all learned differently. Point is his ministry went forward with the cloud surrounding him, and he is considered one of the most well-respected writers and artists in the Gospel field...

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Mar 4 2007, 12:00 AM) [snapback]182155[/snapback]

Maybe some people think he's lying, however the site that that published that he was gay says it was a hoax and they were lying. If Danny were to say he was lying it would make it much easier for Linda. Also I can't to to truthorfiction.com and find out it was a lie.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 4 2007, 12:12 AM
Post #96

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Fair enough....and then

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 3 2007, 03:56 PM) [snapback]182025[/snapback]

Well... this is what Linda herself says on her website......

I am co-authoring a book and its purpose is to share the silver lining of the amazing lessons the Lord has taught me through this crisis. I feel the Lord has lifted a veil and allowed me to see the world that He sees, a world far different than we see. I see that the darts of false allegations that Satan has thrown toward me and my ministry were not directed solely for my downfall, but the aim was much wider. Although I was the apparent target, Satan was attempting to destroy the ministry I loved and co-founded and cripple the witness of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. My perspective has been forever changed through my experiences and my book will give me the opportunity to share these lessons more fully with all of you. (I will keep you posted as to the release date of this book.)

I suppose there will be a lot of speculating about it. But we won't really know until it is out and we read it for ourselves.

The question remains (at least for me) why a book at all--regardless? This is not about what one can do or has a right to do---because she certainly does. It is about how it may come across in the minds of those Christians when it is a complete contradiction to what was originally on the site (i.e. i have moved on).

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 3 2007, 11:02 PM) [snapback]182122[/snapback]

There is an assumption here as to the content and focus of the book. Perhaps we should all wait to see what is actually published before we raise issues about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Mar 4 2007, 12:25 AM
Post #97

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 3 2007, 07:02 PM) [snapback]182092[/snapback]

L4T,

You are right, it is up to the accuser. This thread has been weaving back and forth around ideas that arise from the original post. My post was to Clay in regards to the fact he called me a liar. Linda has made claims against Danny, via her surrogates, - without substantiated proof and in this thread I have focused on her claim that she can't work because of Danny. She, through her surrogates, should be able to provide the proof to substantiate her claim.

- FHB

Nobody jumped on this? blink.gif

Technique used in this post by FHB:
Switch roles. In other words, pretend the debate was about Linda's accusations to Danny, when it was always about Danny's accusations of Linda.

Danny says Linda had an affair. Linda denies that. Does that make her the accuser?

I wouldn't accuse you of being a liar, but I will accuse you of coming here to muddy the waters, stir up debate, and cause contention. thumbdown.gif

Grab hold of anything you can. The problems at 3ABN are a lot bigger than Danny-vs-Linda anyway.

I don't think she had an affair, but that doesn't mean she was wise in all aspects of her relationships. Moreover, if there are other kinds of corruption at 3ABN, it probably started a lot longer ago than 2004 ... blink.gif

But to stay on topic ... sex abuse is rampant in the Adventist Church. (Emotional abuse, even more so, but it's harder to prove.) If Linda's book in any way 1) blows the lid off 2) helps victims recover or 3) draws attention to abuse in the church in any way so that we can grow beyond it, it will be a book worth buying.

I'll buy it. Heck, I'll buy one for me and one for each of my churches' libraries.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Mar 4 2007, 12:33 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 4 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #98

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 3 2007, 07:37 PM) [snapback]182107[/snapback]

To be blunt: it is O.K. for Linda to go to worship in the SDA Christian church, sit in the pew, and have a global ministry where she can proclaim the 3 Angels Message to the world, leaving the past behind--without writing a book. Why try to prove yourself to anyone? Why sit around waiting to have your name cleared (which may never happen)?

Maybe this is the "Chicago Black Girl" in me but I agree with Dr. Maya Angelou..."Still I Rise" in spite of....God is not going to let anything or anyone destroy his chosen without answering for it...ask Elisha about the "she-bears". Stop being a victim. Rise and claim the authority that God has given and move forward.

Part of Dr. Maya Angelou's rise out of her own personal victimization has been through her writing!!!! I don't see why so many are apprehensive about Linda writing a book for goodness sakes. Perhaps God has put a burden on her heart to do so. Perhaps this is her "moving forward".

I decided not to write a book about my devastating experiences as a naive student missionary because at the time I didn't want to sully the SDA mission program. I have always regretted that decision.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 4 2007, 12:51 AM
Post #99

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 4 2007, 01:12 AM) [snapback]182179[/snapback]

The question remains (at least for me) why a book at all--regardless? This is not about what one can do or has a right to do---because she certainly does. It is about how it may come across in the minds of those Christians when it is a complete contradiction to what was originally on the site (i.e. i have moved on).

There is no contradiction between having "moved on" and writing your story. In fact, one cannot really write one's story until one has not only "moved on" but has gone through the healing process so as to be able to look at the experiences in an objective manner. And it is books like this which are key to helping other victims recognize and deal with their life problems.

I think she suggests this as a reason for writing on her site now when she refers to what she has learned from Mabel Dunbar and her experiences with Polly's Place.... that abuse victims who escape the abuse, grow and heal from it, can be a help to others who are still caught in abuse cycles to recognize their problems, escape and/or deal with the issues, and grow and heal.

A second reason why Linda would write a book is that she is by nature a writer... and writers are impelled to write. What you may not know as background to all of this is that Linda was under contract with one of our publishing houses to write a devotional type book, and had it nearly completed, at the time of her dismissal from 3abn. Unfortunately, not only did the publisher which had the contract with her cancel the contract in view of the accusations against her, but she also lost the nearly finished manuscript when she was prevented from taking her computer with her when she was barred from her office. As I understand it, when she was finally allowed to take the computer the manuscript was gone. Whether it was ever returned to her, I do not know.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 4 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #100

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

You are right, it is up to the accuser. This thread has been weaving back and forth around ideas that arise from the original post. My post was to Clay in regards to the fact he called me a liar. Linda has made claims against Danny, via her surrogates, - without substantiated proof and in this thread I have focused on her claim that she can't work because of Danny. She, through her surrogates, should be able to provide the proof to substantiate her claim.

- FHB

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Mar 4 2007, 12:25 AM) [snapback]182184[/snapback]

Nobody jumped on this? blink.gif

Technique used in this post by FHB:

Switch roles. In other words, pretend the debate was about Linda's accusations to Danny, when it was always about Danny's accusations of Linda.

Danny says Linda had an affair. Linda denies that. Does that make her the accuser?

I wouldn't accuse you of being a liar, but I will accuse you of coming here to muddy the waters, stir up debate, and cause contention. thumbdown.gif

Grab hold of anything you can. The problems at 3ABN are a lot bigger than Danny-vs-Linda anyway.

I don't think she had an affair, but that doesn't mean she was wise in all aspects of her relationships. Moreover, if there are other kinds of corruption at 3ABN, it probably started a lot longer ago than 2004 ... blink.gif

But to stay on topic ... sex abuse is rampant in the Adventist Church. (Emotional abuse, even more so, but it's harder to prove.) If Linda's book in any way 1) blows the lid off 2) helps victims recover or 3) draws attention to abuse in the church in any way so that we can grow beyond it, it will be a book worth buying.

I'll buy it. Heck, I'll buy one for me and one for each of my churches' libraries.

I got the blinks! This is an old habit of FHB's. He argues both sides and can't remember what side he is defending at the moment! I'm glad someone sees it too. Maybe others will see it too!

Now go to where he states Linda is guilty of adultery and will be exposed when Danny shows up in court with the evidence!

I am quite disgusted with FHB. You should hear him when he uses the same scripture to denigrate both sides. God's word was not meant to be used in such a way, ever!

This post has been edited by Fran: Mar 4 2007, 01:01 AM

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 4 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #101

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Fair enough....

Again--and this is just for me, I admired the way that Linda stated that she was handling things....and had moved on.... dunno.gif

I am sorry that you had a horrible experience as a student missionary. smile.gif

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 4 2007, 01:44 AM) [snapback]182190[/snapback]

Part of Dr. Maya Angelou's rise out of her own personal victimization has been through her writing!!!! I don't see why so many are apprehensive about Linda writing a book for goodness sakes. Perhaps God has put a burden on her heart to do so. Perhaps this is her "moving forward".

I decided not to write a book about my devastating experiences as a naive student missionary because at the time I didn't want to sully the SDA mission program. I have always regretted that decision.

PB

Victims---Survivors do indeed write and journal as a release to give voice to their grief....but not all publish them, or under these circumstances. Even in Maya Angelou's case (different post), the molester had not only been prosecuted but was also dead.

I feel sorry for her losing the manuscript and the opportunity to publish the devotional.

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 4 2007, 01:51 AM) [snapback]182193[/snapback]

There is no contradiction between having "moved on" and writing your story. In fact, one cannot really write one's story until one has not only "moved on" but has gone through the healing process so as to be able to look at the experiences in an objective manner. And it is books like this which are key to helping other victims recognize and deal with their life problems.

I think she suggests this as a reason for writing on her site now when she refers to what she has learned from Mabel Dunbar and her experiences with Polly's Place.... that abuse victims who escape the abuse, grow and heal from it, can be a help to others who are still caught in abuse cycles to recognize their problems, escape and/or deal with the issues, and grow and heal.

A second reason why Linda would write a book is that she is by nature a writer... and writers are impelled to write. What you may not know as background to all of this is that Linda was under contract with one of our publishing houses to write a devotional type book, and had it nearly completed, at the time of her dismissal from 3abn. Unfortunately, not only did the publisher which had the contract with her cancel the contract in view of the accusations against her, but she also lost the nearly finished manuscript when she was prevented from taking her computer with her when she was barred from her office. As I understand it, when she was finally allowed to take the computer the manuscript was gone. Whether it was ever returned to her, I do not know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 4 2007, 01:39 AM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

[quote name='Fran' post='182098' date='Mar 3 2007, 07:25 PM']
[b]This is to everyone;

I will buy Linda’s book! I will read every word.

I would imagine you read The Enquirer too

I would not give a book written by Kay Kuzma, Danny Shelton, Brenda Walsh, Hal or Mollie Steenson, or Walt to my enemies!

So all of those people lie as well as ASI, as well as the Board, as well as anyone who believes Linda is guilty..........But......Linda doesn't lie.

I can’t wait to read Linda’s book. It will be a positive reflection of something VERY BAD! I will share it with everyone that would like to read it! I will try to make sure every Adventist University and College has a copy in their libraries!

How do you know what it will be?

Danny sells his books for a HUGH profit.

Why shouldn’t Linda?

Danny's books are about showing the world what we believe as adventists and why we believe it. He hasn't written a "tell all" book about what he says happened between him and Linda, and he won't. Huge difference.

Danny made millions....

Millions? Did you just grab that out of the air? Hardly. It would be nice if he did but he didn't.

Linda’s recovery is very important to every abused woman alive!

If the way she was treated was abuse, every woman should be so lucky.

Recovery comes when the victims talk about what happened!

Then DS should be telling so much more than what he has....maybe it would help him deal with all the hurt and humiliation that she has caused him..

I would like to see a book like you describe, but you will be so disappointed. Your judgments are from what YOU would do, and what YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE!

How do you know? You have made several statements and really went on a pro Linda rampage for someone who claims she doesn't know Linda.

I think her book should tell all! It needs to be published to give others the courage to speak up and maintain some sort of sanity! Recovery does not happen until it is spoken and worked through!

You sound desperate for dirt, regardless, if it is the truth or not. So, you believe, that everything in her book will be the gospel truth but everybody else is lying? If you are that gullible, I've got some beach front property in Nebraska.......

Before you say something snide about the Dr’s LOVE for Linda, I am not talking of the type of LOVE you think you understand. I am talking about the TRUE LOVE OF GOD!

Right, with the true love of God, she wouldn't have had to have DS affirmation or the Docs, who was her best friend while she was married.

This post has been edited by Bystander: Mar 4 2007, 01:41 AM

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 4 2007, 01:41 AM
Post #103

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 4 2007, 12:44 AM) [snapback]182190[/snapback]

PB

PB;

It is never too late! People need to hear so they can use what we have learned to better know how to face different situations. Make sure that what happened to you, never happens to another student missionary.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Mar 4 2007, 02:31 AM
Post #104

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 4 2007, 12:51 AM) [snapback]182193[/snapback]

Is this yet, another accusation wb? Why not? It goes along with, the break in at her house, forged documents, tampering with emails, Abuse, Garwin M's "thingy" that could trace where she was flying to, ( johann's words) being black balled from employment/ ministry, being mistreated by the board, being mistreated by the T'ville church, being betrayed by her best friend.....shall I go on? If she has taken the "high road" in all of this, how do we "know" all of these things that supposedly took place? She must be tellin' somebody!! That definitely doesn't sound like that she has been keeping quiet, nor does it sound like that she doesn't have the "help me, I'm an innocent victim" syndrome. Quite the opposite. I'm with Calvin. You all are giving DS too much credit for control. WB you and other Linda-nites describe DS and his family like the "mafia." Everything and everyone is corrupt and they even have hired "hoods" to break and enter for them. roflmao.gif It's a shame that they don't know they have all the power that you give them credit for. If they knew it, maybe they could have Linda banished to another country. Possibly....Norway.... rofl1.gif Then maybe all the false accusations would stop.

This post has been edited by wwjd: Mar 4 2007, 02:32 AM

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 4 2007, 08:17 AM
Post #105

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Does one have to leave the SDA church, simply because their minstry is being used to minister to those outside of it?

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 3 2007, 09:24 AM) [snapback]181902[/snapback]

The part that you seem to be missing, Calvin, is that Linda is still being blocked from pursuing her ministry within the Adventist church. So long as she is being blocked on the grounds of Danny's accusations by authorities within the church, then the issue of her innocence or guilt is not an "old" issue that can be merely laid aside.

Now if the church authorities would change their directives, that no church "take sides" by inviting Linda to their church..... and change them publicly enough so that even individuals within the church heirarchy would not have to consider that their "future" with the church as being dependent on their expressed attitude to what Danny thinks and wants..... THEN there might be some way that Linda could keep completely silent about the past and merely "get on with her life".

Do you think this statement about individuals within the church heirarchy is too strong? Let me assure you that I did not fabricate this from my own imagination.... neither did I get this from Linda or any of those who are publicly on Linda's "side". But I got it directly from conversations with church employees.... some on a very high level.... and the message was not only clear, but explicit and unequivocal..... that any one who was far enough from retirement to need to think of their future in the church would be putting that future in jeopardy if they spoke out either against Danny or for Linda.

And just review the letter from Mabel Dunbar. This should give you an idea of how brave even a Conference supported ministry has to be in order to dare to use Linda in their ministry. And put with that the letter from Samantha to Mabel which explained the reason why Samantha's ministry could no longer cooperate with Polly's Place. And the earlier reports we had of Mabel Dunbar first receiving "warnings" that if she was friendly to Linda she would find her funding in danger... and later we had reports that this had indeed happened.

In the face of this kind of opposition, it is rather naive at best, and could certainly be considered cruel, to say disdainfully that all Linda needs to do is to get on with her life and work on her ministry. There is only so much that anyone can do to "develop a ministry" within the Adventist church with the kind of political pressure against her that has been the case for the past three years.

Sure... she could likely leave the Adventist church and develop a ministry very quickly among the opponents of Adventism. All she would need to do would be to be willing to "give her testimony" of how she had been maligned by the Adventist church. I don't think that is what you are suggesting that she do. At least I hope not.

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church