Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12754&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:53:28 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linda Has Finally Updated Her Website, Check it out
sonshineonme
post Mar 3 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #76

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 3 2007, 06:04 PM) [snapback]182102[/snapback]

Preacher, prophetess, apostle, singer....when God has called you, no one can stop you.

This maybe for another thread, but I have to bring this issue back to light: Where do we get off believing that our ministry is ONLY for the SDA church? I keep hearing people talk about asking Adventist Churches to have Linda there....Linda can preach or sing wherever God tells her too---which according to Matthew 28 is supposed to be in all of the world.....and not just the Adventist church.

There is a mission field to minister to outside of Adventism....

We talk about this and based on what she has said to me, I think Linda would agree with you completely.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Mar 3 2007, 08:10 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 3 2007, 08:37 PM
Post #77

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

To be blunt: it is O.K. for Linda to go to worship in the SDA Christian church, sit in the pew, and have a global ministry where she can proclaim the 3 Angels Message to the world, leaving the past behind--without writing a book. Why try to prove yourself to anyone? Why sit around waiting to have your name cleared (which may never happen)?

Maybe this is the "Chicago Black Girl" in me but I agree with Dr. Maya Angelou..."Still I Rise" in spite of....God is not going to let anything or anyone destroy his chosen without answering for it...ask Elisha about the "she-bears". Stop being a victim. Rise and claim the authority that God has given and move forward.

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 3 2007, 09:10 PM) [snapback]182104[/snapback]

We talk about this and based on what she has said to me, I think Linda would agree with you completely.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Mar 3 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Fran @ Mar 3 2007, 09:56 PM) [snapback]182101[/snapback]

FHB;

Did you by chance hear Shawn Boonstra's message today? It was about (drum roll - drum roll) VOLTAIRE (Boo, Boo, Boo!)

But of course you know all about him, don't you?

It told how he "started" out a follower of Newton, a Christian, and how he "ended up" following Darwin. Yeah, he became a devout Atheist! Will that be your end? Are you already there?

Where is YOUR proof that Linda is guilty? You did say that, right? Oh, silly me, that is what you do best! Your argue BOTH sides! Voltaire did that too, you know? Have we suceeded in confusing you as to what side you are on at that given moment. Goodness it is hard to keep up with all of those split persona, isn't it?

Fran,

Your endless rants at the foot of the pedestal you place Linda on don't ring with truthfulness - but rather a way to vent your own internal struggles and anger at the church using Linda's life as your tool.

I hate to disappoint you - but your dear Voltaire I am not. I have been prewarned of your conspiracy theory that I am such and have asked enough questions to know I am not. So, keep looking - you may find him/her one day.

BTW, it isn't my truth. It is the truth that 3ABN will present just as Linda has begged for. When that time comes, she will be so appreciative of all the books you purchase.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Mar 3 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Mar 3 2007, 09:18 PM) [snapback]182096[/snapback]

Fallible Human Being, you are merely re-typing and paraphrasing Kay Kuzma's prepared script called "My Statement," with a few changes here or there. If I were a school teacher, I would have to flunk you for plagiarism and give you a fat "F" for a grade.

PP,

Oh please! This is all you can come up with? It seems that if this has been stated multiple times by many people it might actually be true. But then, you being a Lindaite won't consider that you have been duped.

The facts are true. Linda was asked multiple times by numerous people to reconsider the path she was on, she didn't, it lead to her being given an ultimatum, she still made her choice. When are you going to admit that she had more than one choice in the matter? When are you going to accept that she is responsible for the paper she signed, the decisions she made, the course she charted. No one told her to make those choices, no one made her make them - she, Linda Shelton, made those choices and now she has to navigate the waters she choose to sail in.

Be a friend to her, convince her to own up to things the way they are instead of blaming, blaming, blaming and trying to play on the sympathies of everyone ear she can get a hold of. She alone is in control of her future - she can choose to slip her hand into God's and walk the path of life from here on with him as her guide or she can continue to look backward and cry over spilt milk.

- FHB

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 3 2007, 10:04 PM) [snapback]182102[/snapback]

Preacher, prophetess, apostle, singer....when God has called you, no one can stop you.

This may be for another thread, but I have to bring this issue back to light: Where do we get off believing that our ministry is ONLY for the SDA church? I keep hearing people talk about asking Adventist Churches to have Linda there....Linda can preach or sing wherever God tells her too---which according to Matthew 28 is supposed to be in all of the world.....and not just the Adventist church.

SS,

Yes! It is time to stop preaching to the choir - cause the choir doesn't listen well. Preach to the people outside the front door!

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 3 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #80

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 3 2007, 08:04 PM) [snapback]182102[/snapback]

This may be for another thread, but I have to bring this issue back to light: Where do we get off believing that our ministry is ONLY for the SDA church? I keep hearing people talk about asking Adventist Churches to have Linda there....Linda can preach or sing wherever God tells her too---which according to Matthew 28 is supposed to be in all of the world.....and not just the Adventist church.

If someone you never heard of wanted to sing at your church-any church, do you think they would be checked out? Have you googled Linda Shelton?

She has been branded for the world to see that she has been treated as a Harlot. Yeah, even to the OUTSIDE world! People choose not to have "accused" Harlots in their pulpits singing. You say that people can not stop other people. Think again!

Are you saying that Tommy Shelton needs to be back at Kid's Time and 3ABN? Are you saying that Danny should just keep on keepin' on.

I agree Linda doesn't need to keep her stuff Adventist. I totally agree! However, she has the right to decide whatever, period! Obviously God hasn't spoken to her the same instructions he has spoken to us. She can hear God just as clearly as any of us can! LET HER DO IT THE WAY GOD TELLS HER TO DO IT.

She has had to figure out WHO SHE IS now and who she was then. Where did "she" go for 20 years? She has had to find a new normal. She has been dogged if she did and dogged if she didn't. Through all of this she has been quiet. So what if it takes her less or more time than others. Who is to determine what time is just right? She is! No one else.

Is it really is bothering you that she does not do as you surmise she should, or what you feel God would want her to do! You can't do that and neither can I. Only God can speak to her and tell her what, when & where he wants her to do whatever.

What I am trying to say is that we have not walked in her shoes and we should not try to at this late date. She is a big girl and can get on with gettin' on in the way God leads her.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 3 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #81

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 3 2007, 07:37 PM) [snapback]182107[/snapback]

[color=#993399]To be blunt: it is O.K. for Linda to go to worship in the SDA Christian church, sit in the pew, and have a global ministry where she can proclaim the 3 Angels Message to the world, leaving the past behind--without writing a book. Why try to prove yourself to anyone? Why sit around waiting to have your name cleared (which may never happen)?

There is an assumption here as to the content and focus of the book. Perhaps we should all wait to see what is actually published before we raise issues about it.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 3 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #82

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 3 2007, 06:40 PM) [snapback]182072[/snapback]

Clay,

You believe who you want to, and I will do the same . . . there will be an end, in it, we will see. Can -you- provide any proof that it is a lie? Can you, Clay, offer any proof that there was no affair, no physical affair, no affair of the heart?

If you can't that join me on the "no integrity" side . . . because if you can not substantiate your claim that I spoke a lie by providing anything - A N Y T H I N G - other than Linda's "say-so" you claim that I am lying is nothing more than a breeze through the rushes.

I have no axe to grind with you Clay - you know this - and I have yet to question your integrity, your character . . . I merely claim you have bought into a lie (just as you have me) . . . now if you are claiming I am "full of" God's love, forgiveness, and a desire to follow His leading then you are right . . . however, if you are claiming otherwise then maybe I should pull a Bob Pickle and demand an apology.

- FHB

FHB.... you have repeated the LIE that Danny told.... if you weren't there you cannot say there was an affair.... now what does repeating a lie make you?

I have no ax to grind, I think you are wrong, and you have signed off on the mistreatment of a person..... that is my opinion.... I don't have to prove anything, and neither do I have anything to apologize for..... so don't hold your breath.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Mar 3 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,814

This is quite off topic - but it would have been hard for Voltaire to follow Darwin as Voltaire died in 1778 and Darwin's theories came to light almost 80 years later.......who ever gave that sermon maybe should check some facts.

"It told how he "started" out a follower of Newton, a Christian, and how he "ended up" following Darwin. Yeah, he became a devout Atheist! Will that be your end? Are you already there?"

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 3 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #84

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

Did you by chance hear Shawn Boonstra's message today? It was about (drum roll - drum roll) VOLTAIRE (Boo, Boo, Boo!)

But of course you know all about him, don't you?

It told how he "started" out a follower of Newton, a Christian, and how he "ended up" following Darwin. Yeah, he became a devout Atheist! Will that be your end? Are you already there?

I do not know what Shawn Boonstra actually said as I did nto hear it. But, if that is what he actually said, I would ask:

1) Have you ever read Voltaire? I have.

2) Have you ever read an objective account of his relilgious development, practice, and experience. I have.

Is SB actually said that about Voltaire, his staement was simplistic, reflects a popular thinking of people who have read very little, or nothing, of what he wrote, and in my opinion, is not an accirate statement.

But, that is OFF TOPIC for this thread. So, I will not develop that train of thought.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 3 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #85

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

I respect the passion with which you speak. smile.gif

A couple things to consider:

1. Sonshineonme stated in her post regarding my comment

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 3 2007, 09:04 PM) [snapback]182102[/snapback]

that

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 3 2007, 09:10 PM) [snapback]182104[/snapback]

2. Many people bring in Independent/unknown Christian Artists to sing at their churches and minister. We certainly do here in Nashville (Adventist and 1st day) ---that is how people get to know who you are and your ministry. Most non-Adventist churches would more than likely (I would suspect--based on some experience) be more open to a new ministry and would know little to nothing about the details (fact and fiction) that are over three years old.

3. If Amy Grant and Sandi Patti can come back from their self-acknowledged issues, a person who states that they are innocent will definitely have a chance.

QUOTE(Fran @ Mar 3 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]182119[/snapback]

If someone you never heard of wanted to sing at your church-any church, do you think they would be checked out? Have you googled Linda Shelton?

She has been branded for the world to see that she has been treated as a Harlot. Yeah, even to the OUTSIDE world! People choose not to have "accused" Harlots in their pulpits singing. You say that people can not stop other people. Think again!

Are you saying that Tommy Shelton needs to be back at Kid's Time and 3ABN? Are you saying that Danny should just keep on keepin' on.

I agree Linda doesn't need to keep her stuff Adventist. I totally agree! However, she has the right to decide whatever, period! Obviously God hasn't spoken to her the same instructions he has spoken to us. She can hear God just as clearly as any of us can! LET HER DO IT THE WAY GOD TELLS HER TO DO IT.

She has had to figure out WHO SHE IS now and who she was then. Where did "she" go for 20 years? She has had to find a new normal. She has been dogged if she did and dogged if she didn't. Through all of this she has been quiet. So what if it takes her less or more time than others. Who is to determine what time is just right? She is! No one else.

Is it really is bothering you that she does not do as you surmise she should, or what you feel God would want her to do! You can't do that and neither can I. Only God can speak to her and tell her what, when & where he wants her to do whatever.

What I am trying to say is that we have not walked in her shoes and we should not try to at this late date. She is a big girl and can get on with gettin' on in the way God leads her.

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Mar 3 2007, 10:14 PM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 3 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #86

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 3 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]182108[/snapback]

Fran,

Your endless rants at the foot of the pedestal you place Linda on don't ring with truthfulness - but rather a way to vent your own internal struggles and anger at the church using Linda's life as your tool.

I hate to disappoint you - but your dear Voltaire I am not. I have been prewarned of your conspiracy theory that I am such and have asked enough questions to know I am not. So, keep looking - you may find him/her one day.

BTW, it isn't my truth. It is the truth that 3ABN will present just as Linda has begged for. When that time comes, she will be so appreciative of all the books you purchase.
- FHB

How endearing of you. Did I push your button? Good! Was that last threatening comment for me or Linda? She doesn't read your smut or mine, you know? So it must be for me. I am not scared.

You will never be Voltaire! He was a great man ~ for a while. You, my dear, are only a very poor "wanna be". Carrying on conversations with yourself is really boring! There is no conspiracy theory! It is real. I have never told A-lethal you were the real Voltaire "wanna be". You did that in your bungling up your own cover! I was nice and did not expose you for what and who you really are.

Now for my threat; Do you want that to continue? Also, FYI, prewarned should read forewarned in your comments on the 2nd section of your post.

You fight for religious freedom, why are you not defending Linda's right? Who was it that said, "That contract was written in crayons"? Surely you know that answer? Right?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 3 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #87

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

See Linda has a problem that other entertainers do not. Yes many of them have fallen, they've acknowledged it and have been forgiven and accepted again into churches. With Linda people think she has not only fallen, but lied about it and is continuing to lie about it. Others who have acknowledged their sins to the world have been able to be forgiven and start over, Linda does not have that option because she did not commit adultery but people think she did and is lying about it. If she were to say she did it, in other words lie about it, then people could forgive her and she could move on easier. Danny has really put her between a rock and a hard place, it's very hard to move on when people assume you are guility and have not asked for forgiveness.

(The above is based on my assumption that she is innocent of course)

+Quote Post
calvin
post Mar 3 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #88

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 3 2007, 10:02 PM) [snapback]182122[/snapback]

There is an assumption here as to the content and focus of the book. Perhaps we should all wait to see what is actually published before we raise issues about it.

True, won't know until it is published. Maybe she can write a self-help book for women dunno.gif without taking stabs at Danny. But if the book is about restoring my name, I did not commit adultery, my side of the divorce, here is my shot to get even, well thumbdown.gif. This will be more of the he said/she said three years after the divorce. Who really is going to give a flip but the diehard Lindanites...and I hope there will be enough of you to buy it so she can make a few bucks.

This letter here and on her website tells me this someone who wants to restore her name.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 3 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #89

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 3 2007, 04:16 PM) [snapback]182010[/snapback]

Are you serious?????? GOD doesn't need anyone but himself to launch a ministry....even within the SDA church. Neither the SDA church nor Oakwood was behind Take 6 and they were very successful and received by the people---we were just happy that "one of our own" made it....

While this may be true....Oakwood and the SDA church ain't said nothing about their "support" through tithes and the "trust" they sat up at Oakwood....

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 3 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #90

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Brenda @ Mar 3 2007, 10:09 PM) [snapback]182125[/snapback]

This is quite off topic - but it would have been hard for Voltaire to follow Darwin as Voltaire died in 1778 and Darwin's theories came to light almost 80 years later.......who ever gave that sermon maybe should check some facts.

I am probably the one that needs to be checked!. I will watch It is written again. I probably heard it wrong. I accept that you are right and I am wrong.

Voltaire was great in that he caused people to ask questions, but he ended up very far from a Christian. He was famous for arguing both sides of an issue. I found him very interesting today as I did in law classes years ago.

I would still encourage everyone to watch the program. It was a great program!

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church