Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12754&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:53:20 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linda Has Finally Updated Her Website, Check it out
Brenda
post Mar 3 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

Does anyone know the subject matter Linda intends to cover in her book?

One possibility is that she will tell her side of what happened three years ago.

Another possibility is that she will give a synopsis of how she came to be where she is, and then describe how God has helped her get things together again.

IMO, a book concentrating on the latter could be a very positive witness.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 3 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

Are you serious?????? GOD doesn't need anyone but himself to launch a ministry....even within the SDA church. Neither the SDA church nor Oakwood was behind Take 6 and they were very successful and received by the people---we were just happy that "one of our own" made it.

I do not know if they have EVER been on 3ABN and they are definitely accepted by the church--now.

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Mar 3 2007, 11:36 AM) [snapback]181945[/snapback]

Way to go Lee, in trying to dispute WB you have just proved her point. All the conference people are lined up behind Danny and 3abn.

Within the SDA church these days I don't see how anyone can start a singing ministry without being on 3abn or the Hope Channel. My guess is that the Hope channel will not be inviting Linda to sing anytime soon. I hope I'm proved wrong. And we already know what 3abn think of Linda.

Richard

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 3 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Mar 3 2007, 10:36 AM) [snapback]181945[/snapback]

Way to go Lee, in trying to dispute WB you have just proved her point. All the conference people are lined up behind Danny and 3abn.
Richard

Why Richard. Why would all the conference people need to line up behind 3abn? The hope channel is conference run, it is their channel. Why do they need 3abn? They don't. Has it occurred to you that even though they have their own network, they believe that 3abn is in the right in this mess and is doing the work of God? As I have stated before, If 3abn was corrupt, you can't fool all of the people, all of the time. According to this board, ASI, the conference, the other ministries of Amazing Facts, It is written etc etc. well respected people, Mark F, Doug B, David A., all the well known singers in the Adventist church, all the supporters, astute business people Like Garwin M and Ellsworth McKee, All of these people would have to be fooled!!! Is there any logic to that? Of course not.

By the way, did anyone see the winter ASI magazine that just came out. Had Garwin M on the cover helping a little girl from India. That man puts his money where his mouth is, in Gods work. Just one of his windmills supports all the work in Bobbili (I didn't spell that right) India.
On the back cover was a pic and story about a couple that just walked into the SDA church and later were babtized because of watching 3abn. offtopic.gif
Ok, I will get back on topic.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 3 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

On point one, these are my words, my opinions and unless you are accusing me of being Danny I can't see why my words cause Danny any "decrease in reputation.

I have no idea as to who you are.

I do not accuse you of being anyone other than the one you claim to be--FHB.

I do not even speculate as to who you are.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 3 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 3 2007, 02:43 PM) [snapback]182019[/snapback]

I have no idea as to who you are.

I do not accuse you of being anyone other than the one you claim to be--FHB.

I do not even speculate as to who you are.

Then please answer FHB's question. How could anything he said decrease DS popularity?

QUOTE(Fran @ Mar 3 2007, 05:54 AM) [snapback]181892[/snapback]

In the mean time, how did you ever come up with the idea Linda was having a pity party? Since when is telling your side of a story a pity party? If Danny can broadcast lies about Linda to the world, why can't Linda tell her side? Seems fair to me! (IMO QCYAL)

Since you have said you don't know either person, your statement seems somewhat, lopsided. Wouldn't it be more fair if you said "if Danny can broadcast lies about Linda to the world, why can't Linda tell her Lies?
Any other way of putting it is saying everything he says is lies while everything she says is the gospel truth. blink.gif

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 3 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Brenda @ Mar 3 2007, 02:51 PM) [snapback]182003[/snapback]

Does anyone know the subject matter Linda intends to cover in her book?

One possibility is that she will tell her side of what happened three years ago.

Another possibility is that she will give a synopsis of how she came to be where she is, and then describe how God has helped her get things together again.

IMO, a book concentrating on the latter could be a very positive witness.

Well... this is what Linda herself says on her website......

I am co-authoring a book and its purpose is to share the silver lining of the amazing lessons the Lord has taught me through this crisis. I feel the Lord has lifted a veil and allowed me to see the world that He sees, a world far different than we see. I see that the darts of false allegations that Satan has thrown toward me and my ministry were not directed solely for my downfall, but the aim was much wider. Although I was the apparent target, Satan was attempting to destroy the ministry I loved and co-founded and cripple the witness of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. My perspective has been forever changed through my experiences and my book will give me the opportunity to share these lessons more fully with all of you. (I will keep you posted as to the release date of this book.)

I suppose there will be a lot of speculating about it. But we won't really know until it is out and we read it for ourselves.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 3 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 3 2007, 02:16 PM) [snapback]182010[/snapback]

Are you serious?????? GOD doesn't need anyone but himself to launch a ministry....even within the SDA church. Neither the SDA church nor Oakwood was behind Take 6 and they were very successful and received by the people---we were just happy that "one of our own" made it.

I do not know if they have EVER been on 3ABN and they are definitely accepted by the church--now.

You are correct SS. Case in point...3ABN started with absolutely nothing but a wing and a prayer. They grew to such importance that everyone here has discuss them day and night. blink.gif
All joking aside, you do not have to have 3abn or hope or anyone else, if God has his hand on your ministry.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 3 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #38

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

PTL.gif If GOD is in your ministry, He will make it happen in spite of the circumstances!

Carry on.... snack.gif

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 3 2007, 03:56 PM) [snapback]182026[/snapback]

You are correct SS. Case in point...3ABN started with absolutely nothing but a wing and a prayer. They grew to such importance that everyone here has discuss them day and night. blink.gif
All joking aside, you do not have to have 3abn or hope or anyone else, if God has his hand on your ministry.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 3 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 3 2007, 09:29 AM) [snapback]181922[/snapback]

Clay it is up to each individual Pastor and Church Board what they want to do. We DO still live in a country were we still have some freedoms to choose!

Just because one or two people have refused Linda doesn't mean the whole Church has! And if they choose not to--well, maybe it is time Linda changed her career - there are many things she could do within the Church, I am sure.

But writing a book about this whole 3ABN mess won't earn her any brownie points with many SDA's because it will look vindictive.

I agree Lee. Danny could have wrote a book and still could for that matter about his side of what happened and all the gory details from his perspective. But he hasn't and he won't. All of this garbage like the unauthorized version of 3abn and some of the other junk that has been posted are ridiculous "tell all" books that are so popular in the world today. It is nothing but sensationalism in it's worse forms, and is so far beneath christian standards, it is appalling. Joy's site is the same way. His format is just like "the enquirer" with sensational headlines that many times, don't even depict the article he was written underneath. They are just attention grabbers. That is one reason why he has lost what little, if any, credibility he had to begin with. When you get done with his site, you feel the same "uncleanliness" that you feel after you "gave in" and read The star, or The enquirer.
Linda says her book will show the SILVER LINING but I wonder how many she will crush before she gets to the SILVER LINING of all the events she portrays?

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 3 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #40

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Bystander)
Linda says her book will show the SILVER LINING but I wonder how many she will crush before she gets to the SILVER LINING of all the events she portrays?

clicky

This post has been edited by LaurenceD: Mar 3 2007, 03:17 PM

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 3 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 3 2007, 06:48 AM) [snapback]181893[/snapback]

She can tell her story all she wants to. I won’t be buying the book. Someone said “The best revenge is living well” and I would add to that living in God’s grace and love.,,,and also praying that His will be done in our lives.

I could have miss-spoke, I don’t know Linda personally to know the amount of effort she is putting into clearing her name and telling her side of the story. But it appears to me her time would be better spent perusing here music ministry that writing a book.

Yall have admonished Danny for not taking the high road in this ordeal with his ex-wife and business partner. Well now that the gag order on Linda has been lifted and she can speak freely doesn’t mean that she has too, as some here seem to be waiting with baited breath to hear. IMO, the best thing she can to do to repair her image is to let God use the spirit gifts she has to reach others and tell of the good news of Jesus Christ.

I must say Calvin, that was a great point. I hadn't really thought of it that way. Of course, I think we all know where a lot of the garbage originated that was put in some of these other "tell all" books. After all, you are not defying any gag orders when you can get others to write your info, for you.
offtopic.gif
Calvin,just received 3abn world. Congrats on your sister in law being on the front cover and her uplifting story of the cancer she has ,and is, battling. If I understood correctly, she chose not to take chemo but treat it in natural ways. Very wise decision in my opinion.

This post has been edited by Bystander: Mar 3 2007, 03:20 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 3 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

Linda's ministry IS still being hindered, but she IS still ministering. She will continue to ministry every oppertunity given her. That is what she is doing now, and there is more to come.
She doesn't whine about it, though it does make her unhappy, but she takes the oppertunities that come as a call from God and she embraces it.

She has been slandered, and that has hurt her terribly, even those that never watched 3abn know this. She is dealing with it and moving on. What more can a person do but keep going.

Danny is suffering the consequences of hurting her, along with everything else he has done, and it is catching up to him....tick tock, tick tock. Pretty simple really, what goes around does come around, and it's coming around....in multiples.

Linda has every right and more to write a book. Many are interested in her views on what has taken place, it does affect everyone in some way, and our church most certainly. If you don't care what she has to say, don't buy the book. Although, I would suggest you consider borrowing it to gain more information that maybe you wouldn't get otherwise, and I'm sure anyone who has spent any time on this would like to have all they can get, that is if they want to form a more balanced opinion and hear from the person who was trashed through this whole situation. I am sure it will be interesting.

And, since when does a person not have the right to make an income? She certainly isn't earning her money anymore at 3abn, is she? Wonder why that is....hmm....she was FIRED and has been kept from gaining employment. Hmmm, again, wonder why???? If Danny couldn't care less, why doesn't he just LET GO AND MOVE ON? Because he can't. He can't be wrong, and he can't let go. He is obsessed.

Although it may apprear that nothing is happening "behind the scenes", I assure you it is, and on many levels. Brace yourself.

I personally detest such spririts as FHB and BS and WWJD, and you know who you are, who are dead set on destroying Linda and those that support her in some way. You seem to think she has no rights whatsover. Truely shows your christian spirit, doesn't it? I think it speaks volumes about what the truth of the matter is.

You all can talk your talk, spread lies and twist truth and convalute whatever you choose, it simply doesn't change anything - especially the facts. It is what it is, they are what they are, and either you face them now, or you face them later.

The bottom line is, Linda won't be the one hanging Danny. Danny is doing that to himself. Everyday, a little more.

There are more updates coming to Linda's website. The webmaster is not finished updating it yet. smile.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 3 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 3 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]182036[/snapback]

Linda has every right and more to write a book. Many are interested in her views on what has taken place, it does affect everyone in some way, and our church most certainly. If you don't care what she has to say, don't buy the book. Although, I would suggest you consider borrowing it to gain more information that maybe you wouldn't get otherwise, and I'm sure anyone who has spent any time on this would like to have all they can get, that is if they want to form a more balanced opinion and hear from the person who was trashed through this whole situation. I am sure it will be interesting.

Spoken like a true linda-nite. That would be assuming that every word written is truth. Big assumption.

And, since when does a person not have the right to make an income? She certainly isn't earning her money anymore at 3abn,

Please, she got enough from 3abn and the divorce that she "should" be able to live quite comfortably for some time. Unless she has a problem managing money.

Although it may apprear that nothing is happening "behind the scenes", I assure you it is, and on many levels. Brace yourself.

Wow, wait now. That sounds like a threat. All I have heard on this board is how terrible Danny is for making Threats of lawsuits. And how terrible DS is if he says anything about Linda.
Well, look who is joining in the "terrible person" group. BRACE YOURSELF? Absolutely a threat.
Lets also point out that the Linda-nites are speaking out of 2 sides of their mouths. You all are saying she is going on with her life, she is ministering, she is making plans for ministry, and yet, here you are saying BRACE YOURSELF, as in "she is about to drop he ax." Which is it? Is she going on with her life, or is she fixing to take "revenge" on 3abn. mmmmm????

This post has been edited by Bystander: Mar 3 2007, 03:46 PM

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 3 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #44

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

This IMO falls under "all things are lawful, but not all things are expedient" and "Abstain from the very appearance of evil". For me personally, I would be disappointed that the same person who also stated on her website (before the update on yesterday) that she had forgiven those at 3ABN who had hurt her AND had moved on would write anything that might venture in that direction. That is what (no matters who is right or wrong) would make her appear unbelievable or credible. Yes, she can do what ever she wants....and I would most definitely say the same thing about 3ABN or Danny Shelton if they tried to do the same.

For those of you who are her close friends, I hope that she reconsiders the book deal. I respected what was originally written there on the website and hope that she remains true to it. smile.gif

Regarding the ministry, our ministry is supposed to go out into all of the world....why be stuck on just Adventism? There is a HUGE market for Southern Gospel music....remarket your hits, write some more, collborate with some other industry people and move forward with the ministry!

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 3 2007, 04:31 PM) [snapback]182036[/snapback]

Linda's ministry IS still being hindered, but she IS still ministering. She will continue to ministry every oppertunity given her. That is what she is doing now, and there is more to come.
She doesn't whine about it, though it does make her unhappy, but she takes the oppertunities that come as a call from God and she embraces it.

She has been slandered, and that has hurt her terribly, even those that never watched 3abn know this. She is dealing with it and moving on. What more can a person do but keep going.

Danny is suffering the consequences of hurting her, along with everything else he has done, and it is catching up to him....tick tock, tick tock. Pretty simple really, what goes around does come around, and it's coming around....in multiples.

And, since when does a person not have the right to make an income? She certainly isn't earning her money anymore at 3abn, is she? Wonder why that is....hmm....she was FIRED and has been kept from gaining employment. Hmmm, again, wonder why???? If Danny couldn't care less, why doesn't he just LET GO AND MOVE ON? Because he can't. He can't be wrong, and he can't let go. He is obsessed.

I personally detest such spririts as FHB and BS and WWJD, and you know who you are, who are dead set on destroying Linda and those that support her in some way. You seem to think she has no rights whatsover. Truely shows your christian spirit, doesn't it? I think it speaks volumes about what the truth of the matter is.

You all can talk your talk, spread lies and twist truth and convalute whatever you choose, it simply doesn't change anything - especially the facts. It is what it is, they are what they are, and either you face them now, or you face them later.

The bottom line is, Linda won't be the one hanging Danny. Danny is doing that to himself. Everyday, a little more.
There are more updates coming to Linda's website. The webmaster is not finished updating it yet. smile.gif

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Mar 3 2007, 03:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 3 2007, 03:47 PM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 3 2007, 01:44 PM) [snapback]182037[/snapback]

Wow, wait now. That sounds like a threat. All I have heard on this board is how terrible Danny is for making Threats of lawsuits. And how terrible DS is if he says anything about Linda.
Well, look who is joining in the "terrible person" group. BRACE YOURSELF? Absolutely a threat.
Lets also point out that the Linda-nites are speaking out of 2 sides of their mouths. You all are saying she is going on with her life, she is ministering, she is making plans for ministry, and yet, here you are saying BRACE YOURSELF, as in "she is about to drop he ax." Which is it? Is she going on with her life, or is she fixing to take "revenge" on 3abn. mmmmm????

You've definitely developed a knack for hearing what you want.
Nuff said.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church