Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12754&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:53:24 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linda Has Finally Updated Her Website, Check it out
Bystander
post Mar 3 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 3 2007, 03:47 PM) [snapback]182039[/snapback]

You've definitely developed a knack for hearing what you want.
Nuff said.

That one liner is all you can say. You know what you've said.
Threats at least 3 different times in your post. Everyone sees it but you and you just don't want to.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 3 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Brenda @ Mar 3 2007, 11:51 AM) [snapback]182003[/snapback]

Does anyone know the subject matter Linda intends to cover in her book?

One possibility is that she will tell her side of what happened three years ago.

Another possibility is that she will give a synopsis of how she came to be where she is, and then describe how God has helped her get things together again.

IMO, a book concentrating on the latter could be a very positive witness.

I'm certain you will find her book to be something positive.

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 3 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]182041[/snapback]

Threats at least 3 different times in your post. Everyone sees it but you and you just don't want to.

You see something as a threat....feeling guilty are you?

I won't be provoked to anything more then fact by you or any of your goonies.

You read everything the way you want, and then portray it in a fashion as to "say" what I or anyone else "really" said. Give it up.

Truth is truth. That is all that matters.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 3 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #48

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Bystander,

Did you consider the possibility that "brace yourself" might mean there is a bunch of ministering coming? Sad that you would assume it was a threat instead of a possible promise.

Just a thought.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
calvin
post Mar 3 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #49

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 3 2007, 08:24 AM) [snapback]181902[/snapback]

The part that you seem to be missing, Calvin, is that Linda is still being blocked from pursuing her ministry within the Adventist church. So long as she is being blocked on the grounds of Danny's accusations by authorities within the church, then the issue of her innocence or guilt is not an "old" issue that can be merely laid aside.

Now if the church authorities would change their directives, that no church "take sides" by inviting Linda to their church..... and change them publicly enough so that even individuals within the church heirarchy would not have to consider that their "future" with the church as being dependent on their expressed attitude to what Danny thinks and wants..... THEN there might be some way that Linda could keep completely silent about the past and merely "get on with her life".

Do you think this statement about individuals within the church heirarchy is too strong? Let me assure you that I did not fabricate this from my own imagination.... neither did I get this from Linda or any of those who are publicly on Linda's "side". But I got it directly from conversations with church employees.... some on a very high level.... and the message was not only clear, but explicit and unequivocal..... that any one who was far enough from retirement to need to think of their future in the church would be putting that future in jeopardy if they spoke out either against Danny or for Linda.

And just review the letter from Mabel Dunbar. This should give you an idea of how brave even a Conference supported ministry has to be in order to dare to use Linda in their ministry. And put with that the letter from Samantha to Mabel which explained the reason why Samantha's ministry could no longer cooperate with Polly's Place. And the earlier reports we had of Mabel Dunbar first receiving "warnings" that if she was friendly to Linda she would find her funding in danger... and later we had reports that this had indeed happened.

In the face of this kind of opposition, it is rather naive at best, and could certainly be considered cruel, to say disdainfully that all Linda needs to do is to get on with her life and work on her ministry. There is only so much that anyone can do to "develop a ministry" within the Adventist church with the kind of political pressure against her that has been the case for the past three years.

Sure... she could likely leave the Adventist church and develop a ministry very quickly among the opponents of Adventism. All she would need to do would be to be willing to "give her testimony" of how she had been maligned by the Adventist church. I don't think that is what you are suggesting that she do. At least I hope not.

I find much of this hard to believe. Danny has all the Conference Presidents in his back pocket? Pastors risk loosing their retirement for supporting Linda? Really sounds far fetched. But then I don't run in the same circles you do WB. This would not in fly in Black conferences.

BTW, I have read the letters. I do believe Linda has been blocked. But I don't give Danny that much credit or influence, especially now that the divorce is 3 years old. Danny has enough of his own problems be be concerned with than to still be trying to stay one steip ahead of Linda.
QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 3 2007, 10:09 AM) [snapback]181939[/snapback]

Linda has the opportunity for restoration. She has a loyal, loving following.... PTL.gif especially because, not many women or men can come through such an ordeal with the ability to still minister....she can! No one is stopping her, but herself.

If it were me, I would see as an opportunty to launch a full-time independent ministry, and allow God to take it and me to it's fullest potential. smile.gif

I agree SS. Linda still has name recognition. Hire an agent or marketing representative. Start beating the bushes, let churches know you are available or Women's Day programs and retreats, concerts and the like. Do this if you have to just accept a love offering to get started. You can't wait around for the phone to ring. But then maybe she just wants to write a book dunno.gif go figure.

And another thing. I would never let anybody think they have that much control over me, that they can stop me from doing what I want to do. If she feels God has called her to ministry and she has the spiritual gifts, then why concerned about Danny? He can't close all the doors. Where is your faith?

What has Linda been doing these last two years collecting a pay check from 3abn without have to work for it. This was the time to launch a ministry, or was most of the time spend listening to Joy and other on ways to restore her name.

I still say "WOMAN, PUT THIS BEHIND YOU AND GET ON WITH THE REST OF YOUR LIFE"

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 3 2007, 03:59 PM
Post #50

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

I'm sure you are right. It's just that it seems like most of the SDA's that we see in full time music ministry (or at least I see) have had some sort of connection with 3abn, or at least have the support of the leadership within the SDA church. I find it hard to believe that Linda can ever have that support as long as people believe that Danny is telling the truth about her.

Richard

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 3 2007, 03:16 PM) [snapback]182010[/snapback]

Are you serious?????? GOD doesn't need anyone but himself to launch a ministry....even within the SDA church. Neither the SDA church nor Oakwood was behind Take 6 and they were very successful and received by the people---we were just happy that "one of our own" made it.

I do not know if they have EVER been on 3ABN and they are definitely accepted by the church--now.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 3 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #51

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Calvin,

I believe there have been numerous attempts by Linda to get herself out there and get a ministry up and running. My own conference, way far away from Illinois, urged my pastor to remain neutral so my pastor decided against allowing Linda to come to speak. Just months later Danny is allowed to hold a rally in my conference just miles away from conference headquarters. Does this sound non-biased or neutral?

I think there may be more pressure against Linda than is immediately evident. Who knows why? Perhaps it is what is behind so much else in this money-oriented world: Those with the most money seem to have the most power. Danny does seem to have a pretty cash-powerful person in his pocket.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 3 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #52

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

I have a news flash: Linda has never sung in most Black SDA churches....or even Hispanic ones...or the few French ones that I know of.....Most Adventists do not even watch od have access to 3ABN.

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 3 2007, 09:24 AM) [snapback]181902[/snapback]

The part that you seem to be missing, Calvin, is that Linda is still being blocked from pursuing her ministry within the Adventist church. So long as she is being blocked on the grounds of Danny's accusations by authorities within the church, then the issue of her innocence or guilt is not an "old" issue that can be merely laid aside.

Now if the church authorities would change their directives, that no church "take sides" by inviting Linda to their church..... and change them publicly enough so that even individuals within the church heirarchy would not have to consider that their "future" with the church as being dependent on their expressed attitude to what Danny thinks and wants..... THEN there might be some way that Linda could keep completely silent about the past and merely "get on with her life".

Do you think this statement about individuals within the church heirarchy is too strong? Let me assure you that I did not fabricate this from my own imagination.... neither did I get this from Linda or any of those who are publicly on Linda's "side". But I got it directly from conversations with church employees.... some on a very high level.... and the message was not only clear, but explicit and unequivocal..... that any one who was far enough from retirement to need to think of their future in the church would be putting that future in jeopardy if they spoke out either against Danny or for Linda.

And just review the letter from Mabel Dunbar. This should give you an idea of how brave even a Conference supported ministry has to be in order to dare to use Linda in their ministry. And put with that the letter from Samantha to Mabel which explained the reason why Samantha's ministry could no longer cooperate with Polly's Place. And the earlier reports we had of Mabel Dunbar first receiving "warnings" that if she was friendly to Linda she would find her funding in danger... and later we had reports that this had indeed happened.

In the face of this kind of opposition, it is rather naive at best, and could certainly be considered cruel, to say disdainfully that all Linda needs to do is to get on with her life and work on her ministry. There is only so much that anyone can do to "develop a ministry" within the Adventist church with the kind of political pressure against her that has been the case for the past three years.

Sure... she could likely leave the Adventist church and develop a ministry very quickly among the opponents of Adventism. All she would need to do would be to be willing to "give her testimony" of how she had been maligned by the Adventist church. I don't think that is what you are suggesting that she do. At least I hope not.

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Mar 3 2007, 04:14 PM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 3 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #53

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 3 2007, 01:58 PM) [snapback]182046[/snapback]

I find much of this hard to believe. Danny has all the Conference Presidents in his back pocket? Pastors risk loosing their retirement for supporting Linda? Really sounds far fetched. But then I don't run in the same circles you do WB. This would not in fly in Black conferences.

BTW, I have read the letters. I do believe Linda has been blocked. But I don't give Danny that much credit or influence, especially now that the divorce is 3 years old. Danny has enough of his own problems be be concerned with than to still be trying to stay one steip ahead of Linda.

I agree SS. Linda still has name recognition. Hire an agent or marketing representative. Start beating the bushes, let churches know you are available or Women's Day programs and retreats, concerts and the like. Do this if you have to just accept a love offering to get started. You can't wait around for the phone to ring. But then maybe she just wants to write a book dunno.gif go figure.

And another thing. I would never let anybody think they have that much control over me, that they can stop me from doing what I want to do. If she feels God has called her to ministry and she has the spiritual gifts, then she concerned about Danny? He can close all the doors.

What has Linda been doing these last two years collecting a pay check from 3abn without have to work for it. This was the time to launch a ministry, or was most of the time spend listening to Joy and other on ways to restore her name.

I still say "WOMAN, PUT THIS BEHIND YOU AND GET ON WITH THE REST OF YOUR LIFE"

Calvin, you are very wise. Though it is more complicated. While some once bought a story per Danny and is "workers" that influenced their "judgement" on the matter, what is occuring now is many of these same folk are putting two and two together, and they are getting information (this includes from Danny, indirectly and directly) that are bringing it all together. It takes time. This isn't a small town issue. Sometimes people have to hang themselves for others to see what's really been going on as well. It all adds up together.

It's like the wheels of justice...they grind slowly, but they grind. Has Linda been frustrated in the past 3 years by being shut down (and finding out why and who was behind it) and not being able to minister? Yes. Very. But, also think about the faith that has had to develop during these times.

Lets just say, it will be nice to hear from Linda on many of these points you mentioned. Hence, why a book and other things are needed, IMO.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 3 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #54

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Deleted

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Mar 3 2007, 04:12 PM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 3 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #55

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

If you know of a church that would like her to come sing, have them extend an invitation.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Mar 3 2007, 04:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 3 2007, 04:19 PM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

My apologies... I have edited the post.... smile.gif

In response to your comment....that is the point. This is not about whether any SDA church will let you come or invite you....it is about whether or not God has called one to a ministry and if thery are willing to do it ---by any means necessary (In Jesus) or only the way that they are familiar.

She may need to attend pmorris's UCAA Conference in September....

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12504
QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 3 2007, 05:14 PM) [snapback]182055[/snapback]

If you know of a church that would like to her come sing, have them extend an invitation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 3 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Everyone see this as a threat? Everyone? My dear friend you are sadly mistaken. I don't see anyone thinking it a threat, much less everyone. Only someone who is paranoid might take it to be a threat, and even then it would be a stretch.

BTW when her book does come out will there then be the "threat" of another lawsuit? (Question not necessarily directed at BS)

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 3 2007, 04:52 PM) [snapback]182041[/snapback]

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 3 2007, 04:25 PM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 3 2007, 02:19 PM) [snapback]182056[/snapback]

My apologies... I have edited the post.... smile.gif

In response to your comment....that is the point. This is not about whether any SDA church will let you come or invite you....it is about whether or not God has called one to a ministry and if thery are willing to do it ---by any means necessary (In Jesus) or only the way that they are familiar.

She may need to attend pmorris's UCAA Conference in September....

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12504

I agree and disagree.

As long as people have free-will choice, those that have chosen to say "don't want to get involved" have kept her from ministering where she was willing to go. When that happens, for whatever reason, you are not able to go and minister.

Where the people are "willing to get involved", invite you and support you, then you go.

God will have His way with our lives if we are willing, in spite of what people do or not do with the power they have to make decisions. As long as we hang on to Him and sometimes we have to wait when we do not want to wait.

Like I said, send the invitations and see what God brings together.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Mar 3 2007, 04:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 3 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Jesus said "Rise, take your bed and walk"....not wait for someone to let you.... no.gif

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 3 2007, 05:25 PM) [snapback]182059[/snapback]

I agree and disagree.

As long as people have free-will choice, those that have chosen to say "don't want to get involved" have kept her from ministering where she was willing to go. When that happens, for whatever reason, you are not able to go and minister.

Where the people are "willing to get involved", invite you and support you, then you go.

God will have His way with our lives if we are willing, in spite of what people do or not do with the power they have to make decisions. As long as we hang on to Him and sometimes we have to wait when we do not want to wait.

Like I said, send the invitations and see what God brings together.

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 3 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 3 2007, 05:34 PM) [snapback]182061[/snapback]

Jesus said "Rise, take your bed and walk"....not wait for someone to let you.... no.gif

Simply.... have you walked a year in Linda's moccasins? uhm.gif

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church