Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12760&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:54:47 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Letter From Mike Bisson
Seraphim7
post Mar 7 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #151

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 7 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]183422[/snapback]

I am not insinuating anything. I just asked where she was. To my knowledge she has not been on the show, or very visible lately. That is all I meant. Now, from your response one would thing something was wrong. I don't think we can get around Brandi being brought up either. Now what is off limits is anything pertaining to her life before marrying Danny. However, she will be mentioned as she inherited this mess through marriage.
rofl1.gif @ Bystander trying to tell Calvin on me! Stop! rofl1.gif

Remember, my g-mom use to say that a lie don't care who tells it. rofl1.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 7 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #152

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I didn't know Brandi had a brother. But I am sure that he is pretty much off limits. Unless it has something to do with the owrkings of 3ABN, I think we should just let this die right here. Brandi married Danny and is only mentioned in relatinship to that. No need to drag in her whole family. Not very nice, either.

QUOTE(lurker @ Mar 7 2007, 09:45 AM) [snapback]183424[/snapback]

O.K. Even if we say she is off limits, is her brother? It is a matter of public record in the courts. Does not necessarily reflect badly on her. Just that she may feel that he needs moral support and sympathy.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 7 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #153

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 7 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]183412[/snapback]

Wow, this sheds some light on a subject that keeps being mentioned here. EGW couldn't be any plainer on the subject. That helps me understand the "personalities" of those that are a big fan of Voltaire. sad.gif

Have you ever read anything written by Voltaire? Have you ever even tried to do so?

Any of you is welcome to answer...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 7 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #154

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Mar 7 2007, 12:08 PM) [snapback]183442[/snapback]

Have you ever read anything written by Voltaire? Have you ever even tried to do so?

Any of you is welcome to answer...

In His service,
Mr. J

it may have been read but if their comprehension of Voltaire is like it is here..... then ummmm it went right over their heads.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 7 2007, 12:12 PM
Post #155

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 7 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]183422[/snapback]

rofl1.gif @ Bystander trying to tell Calvin on me! Stop! rofl1.gif

His mommy wasn't available...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 7 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #156

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 7 2007, 11:10 AM) [snapback]183444[/snapback]

it may have been read but if their comprehension of Voltaire is like it is here..... then ummmm it went right over their heads.....

Obviously, then, it went right over EGW's head too, if you read her conclusions. But, of course, you guys no more that she did. I forgot

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Mar 7 2007, 11:12 AM) [snapback]183445[/snapback]

His mommy wasn't available...

In His service,
Mr. J

No actually she's not. She died a few years ago. But, you certainly are right, a mom would be nice to talk to concerning this mess.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 7 2007, 12:22 PM
Post #157

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 7 2007, 12:20 PM) [snapback]183451[/snapback]

Obviously, then, it went right over EGW's head too, if you read her conclusions. But, of course, you guys no more that she did. I forgot

its not "no" its "know" and its clear we know more than you.... and of course it went over her head.... she only went to the 3rd grade... if indeed she wrote the quote that was posted.... it could have been one of her scribes.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 7 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #158

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 7 2007, 01:10 PM) [snapback]183444[/snapback]

It would be foolish indeed to read Voltaire after reading what Ellen White has said. Oh, but you think you are big men and you can tell what is right or wrong in Voltaire's writings? Well, then consider this:

"Just as soon as you begin to think you are big men, and that you are so large that you can comprehend and pick out all that is precious in INFIDEL authors, and leave out all that is vile, then you are wise above that which is written....The devil is right by your side, and the evil angels are there. The devil is a great deal smarter than you are, and you cannot see what he is driving at. He will so cunningly interweave his sentiments with the thoughts of these writers, that it will be IMPOSSIBLE to distinguish the error which they contain."

This was taken from This Day With God, p. 217 (emphasis mine)

Mr. J.--go ahead and look up what I wrote about Voltaire yourself. I believe Child Guidance and Great Controversy are both available online in case you don't have the book to verify what was said. Here is the link for you: http://www.whiteestate.org/books/books.asp

Or if they don't have this online at their site, then borrow a book from your Church.

Oh, and Clay, ignore my spelling mistakes. Thanks.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 7 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #159

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 7 2007, 12:37 PM) [snapback]183465[/snapback]

It would be foolish indeed to read Voltaire after reading what Ellen White has said. Oh, but you think you are big men and you can tell what is right or wrong in Voltaire's writings? Well, then consider this:

"Just as soon as you begin to think you are big men, and that you are so large that you can comprehend and pick out all that is precious in INFIDEL authors, and leave out all that is vile, then you are wise above that which is written....The devil is right by your side, and the evil angels are there. The devil is a great deal smarter than you are, and you cannot see what he is driving at. He will so cunningly interweave his sentiments with the thoughts of these writers, that it will be IMPOSSIBLE to distinguish the error which they contain."

Mr. J.--go ahead and look up what I wrote about Voltaire yourself. I believe Child Guidance and Great Controversy are both available online in case you don't have the book to verify what was said. Here is the link for you: http://www.whiteestate.org/books/books.asp

Or if they don't have this online at their site, then borrow a book from your Church.

comments like this reflect the fact that some have a brain that they have chosen not to use.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 7 2007, 12:46 PM
Post #160

Advanced Member

Excuse me Clay? Are you trying to accuse me of something? Are you speaking of what I said or of Ellen White? And you are a moderator on here? What kind of example are you?

Sorry, your ad hominem remarks show that you just must have the last word, even if there is nothing more than to say I am not using my brain. So tell me, what part of my post tells you I'm not using my brain?

Can't find anything? then it is better to be quiet than make useless accusations.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 7 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #161

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 7 2007, 01:37 PM) [snapback]183465[/snapback]

You do realize that your thinking would have been very much at home in Berlin in 1936, don't you?

Are you going to wait until sundown for the book burning or is it so compelling that you need to start it right away?

Ray Bradbury didn't know how prescient he was being in writing Fahrenheit 451... but when people like you start endorsing censorship and the avoidance of ideas as something laudable... we are but a short step on a slippery slope from having firemen that start fires with material deemed 'objectionable' rather than putting fires out; who take the lives of those deemed dangerous thinkers rather than saving lives...

And to make it worse, you actually think your stance is righteous...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 7 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #162

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 7 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]183471[/snapback]

Excuse me Clay? Are you trying to accuse me of something? Are you speaking of what I said or of Ellen White? And you are a moderator on here? What kind of example are you?

Sorry, your ad hominem remarks show that you just must have the last word, even if there is nothing more than to say I am not using my brain. So tell me, what part of my post tells you I'm not using my brain?

Can't find anything? then it is better to be quiet than make useless accusations.

i did say something... did you not understand? since this is a public forum I can say something anytime I so choose.... and we need not get into what it would be better for you to do....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 7 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #163

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 7 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]183452[/snapback]

its not "no" its "know" and its clear we know more than you.... and of course it went over her head.... she only went to the 3rd grade... if indeed she wrote the quote that was posted.... it could have been one of her scribes.....

Well, those comments pretty much let us know where you stand with Ellen White. Unbelievable. Lee is correct when she says satan makes sure you can't discern between what is good and bad by infidel writers. Very few people would be arrogant enough to say they could, and wouldn't you know it, 2 of them are here, woops 3 I forgot Fran...

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 7 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #164

Advanced Member

Wow Clay--you are a just like pickle--sure go ahead and accuse me or Sister White. Since you refuse to answer my question, I will assume it is both of us.

Yes, this is a public forum. And you can say whatever you want. But to insult a prophet of God is serious business. Are you sure you wanted to go there?

Oh, did I say how you are like Pickle? Well, for pity sakes, can't you figure it out?

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 7 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #165

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 7 2007, 01:21 PM) [snapback]183451[/snapback]

No actually she's not. She died a few years ago. But, you certainly are right, a mom would be nice to talk to concerning this mess.

it's actually better for her; if she could see you now, she'd die of shame...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church