Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12760&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:54:41 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Letter From Mike Bisson
princessdi
post Mar 6 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #121

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Then fine, Lee. Have it your way? Go back to my questions. Where was Danny while his wife and step son of twenty years were going through this time? Why was he not emotionally avaible to Linda? Where was he whens he had ALL this time for long phone calls and trips? Why was Danny not steppin' up like a real man and addressing the Dr. with his wife about "their" son?
QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 6 2007, 11:54 AM) [snapback]183084[/snapback]

It is obvious that all of you are making "shots in the dark" because you don't know what you are talking about. You feel so free to make judgments based on heresay.

Danny is not chauvanistic and neither is Bystander or Greg. You don't know them Clay, so how can you judge? You are just spouting to the wind.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 6 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #122

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 6 2007, 08:37 AM) [snapback]183008[/snapback]

Since you mention Miss Troy, then you had better tell us why Danny Shelton was not honest enough to honor the agreement he made with her parents? Why did he build tall Owen Troy a pigmy-size house to fit his own minute stature so that Elder Troy had to double up underneath the ceiling? Aren't the Shelton brothers carpenters enough to follow blueprints, or are they never used in that part of Southern Illinois?

I am so glad you stated this as you did. That way everyone can see the similarities between you and Pickle

1. Honor an agreement? Danny did not build the house. Kenny S was the contractor, so Danny was not under any agreement.

2.What you refer to as a "pigmy? size house is unbelievable. The house is enormous. What you refer to is a 6ft sloping attic. When Mrs. Troy ask for the attic to be walled in, the contractor told her it would be 6ft or less at the tallest point with a sloping ceiling. He was clear that (due to Owen's height) they would only want to use the area for storage. Owen didn't realize his wifes plan for storage and decided later he would like an office there, obviously that wouldn't work. The End.

You are really getting desperate to bring up something so minute and try to turn it into something major.
The above statement in red is deceitful enough to be a lie.

Also in an earlier post several months back you told me that Ann T told you this story in the way that you had written it. She was asked if she did.
Her answer was no, that is not what she said to you.

So far, you have been consistent in telling all your stories this way. You tell a small part but then leave out the rest, or totally blow it out of proportion until it becomes a falsehood.
If anyone wants to see if Johann is telling the truth about the "pigmy house" I will have someone get some pictures for me and we will see if it is as Johann describes.

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 6 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]183090[/snapback]

not judging just making an observation...... and why not take your own advice..... i.e. keep quiet rather than spouting off?

How can you make an observation when you have never met them or been around them?

Danny wanted her 1 step above barefoot and pregnant??? You cannot imagine how wrong you are. She never cooked for her family, she had people to do her cleaning, she didn't even wash DS's clothes!!! He did that himself. He cooked for himself and usually made her breakfast. She went where she wanted, she bought whatever she wanted and she did whatever she wanted until she brought a 3rd party into the picture. Her own children could tell you that all the above is true.
Now does that make her a horrible wife and mother? No, it doesn't. What it does do, is show you and others like you how far off track you are about the role you accuse DS of playing. You judge and accuse on nothing but what you have read here.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 6 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #123

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Quote Bystander - 1....Danny did not build the house. Kenny S was the contractor, so Danny was not under any agreement.

This doesn not preclude a second person from working on a project and offering verbal solutions to future owner/occupier.

Quote Bystander - 2. What you refer to is a 6ft sloping attic. When Mrs. Troy ask for the attic to be walled in, the contractor told her it would be 6ft or less at the tallest point with a sloping ceiling. He was clear that (due to Owen's height) they would only want to use the area for storage. Owen didn't realize his wifes plan for storage and decided later he would like an office there, obviously that wouldn't work.

I'm not sure you're qualified to be talking about things related to legal building codes. Building inspectors don't allow these kind of changes without owner resubmitting plans for approval first. Ceiling height, insulation, truss load/floor joist spacing, etc., etc., must be changed if a living quarter in the attic is added. Insurance companies and county assessors are also legally concerned with changes.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 6 2007, 07:20 PM
Post #124

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

If you know all that, Bystander who adamantly refuses to stand by, certainly you can tell us 3ABN's side of the story as to why Nick Miller was forced to resign.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Mar 6 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #125

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

If Dan was not directly involved with the building, he sure spent enough time their during the process to do so. His truck was parked there quite often.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 6 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Mar 6 2007, 06:26 PM) [snapback]183166[/snapback]

If Dan was not directly involved with the building, he sure spent enough time their during the process to do so. His truck was parked there quite often.

That would make sense, since his brother was doing the work. Again, what is your point. That is neither here nor there with Johanns untrue story about the house. Why don't you comment on that. Obviously you have seen the house and know he painted a totally untrue picture.
But no, of course you won't comment on that. Because that wouldn't make DS look bad.

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 6 2007, 06:16 PM) [snapback]183160[/snapback]

I'm not sure you're qualified to be talking about things related to legal building codes. Building inspectors don't allow these kind of changes without owner resubmitting plans for approval first. Ceiling height, insulation, truss load/floor joist spacing, etc., etc., must be changed if a living quarter in the attic is added. Insurance companies and county assessors are also legally concerned with changes.

You obviously are not from a rural area. Other than faulty wiring that could burn down a building, you don't go through those channels in rural areas. You can change what you want when you want without notifiying anyone. When the insurance co. comes after the house is finished, they could care less whether you built an attic or storage area they assess "as is" And the tax assessor does the same.
All of that was said for nothing because it is all a moot point. Let me help you understand that the point was, Johann did not tell the story truthfully in any kind of way, and the owners, say that he did not.

This post has been edited by Bystander: Mar 6 2007, 08:15 PM

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 6 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #127

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 6 2007, 01:41 AM) [snapback]182931[/snapback]

bs's specialty.nonsense. and then thinking anyone accepts the nonsense. that's nonsense.

Sonshine, is this like a "play on words"? BS in some circles means nonsense or "bull". Just curious. smile.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Mar 6 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #128

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 6 2007, 09:14 PM) [snapback]183190[/snapback]

That would make sense, since his brother was doing the work. Again, what is your point. That is neither here nor there with Johanns untrue story about the house. Why don't you comment on that. Obviously you have seen the house and know he painted a totally untrue picture.
But no, of course you won't comment on that. Because that wouldn't make DS look bad.
snip...

No, I didn't comment, because unlike you, I am not all-knowing.

Why, exactly would it be normal that a brother spends hours and hours on the job. My brother doesn't come to work with me? Does yours?

I really could care less about whether or not the house is too small or too large. I was commenting on Dan being involved or not. Thank God we always have you to keep us on track. doh.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 6 2007, 08:21 PM
Post #129

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Mar 6 2007, 06:15 PM) [snapback]183195[/snapback]

Sonshine, is this like a "play on words"? BS in some circles means nonsense or "bull". Just curious. smile.gif

giggle.gif yes, I am multitasking.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 6 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #130

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 6 2007, 09:21 PM) [snapback]183199[/snapback]

giggle.gif yes, I am multitasking.

Thank you for clarifying. biggrin.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 6 2007, 08:37 PM
Post #131

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 6 2007, 07:14 PM) [snapback]183190[/snapback]

You obviously are not from a rural area. Other than faulty wiring that could burn down a building, you don't go through those channels in rural areas. You can change what you want when you want without notifiying anyone. When the insurance co. comes after the house is finished, they could care less whether you built an attic or storage area they assess "as is" And the tax assessor does the same.

Bystander,
Are you saying that there are no building codes being enforced in Franklin County other than for wiring? Did the buildings at 3abn get built without any type of building codes being followed? Is this really standard practice in rural Illinois?

I am updating my post to advise you that I have just written an email to the Illinois Capital Development Board (formerly the Illinois Building Commission) to find out if you really can bypass "those channels" in rural areas. I will let you know what I am advised.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Mar 6 2007, 08:47 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 6 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #132

500 + posts
Group Icon

PeacefullyBewildered, in 2005, the governor became concerned for building codes in rural areas of Illinois. The state commissioned a task force for an evaluation. The task force recommend adoption of the IBB by May of this year (2007). The governor will ask the state lesgislature for adoption of the code at that time.

There are federal codes that already apply, like the American Disabilities Act. Enforcement is another kind of problem, but violations are easy to spot.

Bystander may not realize self-regulation is about to come to an end.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 6 2007, 08:59 PM
Post #133

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 6 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]183212[/snapback]

PeacefullyBewildered, in 2005, the governor became concerned for building codes in rural areas of Illinois. The state commissioned a task force for an evaluation. The task force recommend adoption of the IBB by May of this year (2007). The governor will ask the state lesgislature for adoption of the code at that time.

There are federal codes that already apply, like the American Disabilities Act. Enforcement is another kind of problem, but violations are easy to spot.

LD,
you are leaps and bounds ahead of me (I'm not at all surprised). I guess that my questions of Bystander can most likely be answered in the affirmative. I wonder if the buildings at 3abn are safe? I hope so. Nobody needs any more problems.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 6 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #134

500 + posts
Group Icon

PeacefullyBewildered, I'll take a look at the outside of the buildings with the zoom on google earth and see if anything looks fishy, like modifying the trusses of manufactured/mobile home--which are regulated by the Feds (FHA), not local building officials.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 6 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #135

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 6 2007, 09:49 PM) [snapback]183212[/snapback]

I also want to know, what is your point?

You are not talking about a house which will be built , you are talking about a house built when???

What is the deal with the Governor being concerned in 2005, how does that relate to this discussion, of the Troy's house and johann's claims it was built in pygmy proportions, and D.S.wasn't honest enough to keep his agreement?

What agreement Laurence?

And what evidence backs up johanns claims??? DO YOU PERSONALLY KNOW, or have some kind of verification aside from Johann?

The point has been made that the owners disagree with what Johann says...

Can YOU prove different? If not, again, what is YOUR point?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 6 2007, 09:51 PM

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church