Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12965&st=195 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:50:31 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The True Version Of 3abn
Clay
post Mar 21 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #196

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

no.... some are comparing apples with oranges.... what we are talking about is a belief based on faulty interpretation.... it has nothing to do with rationalizing anything......

The KEY to understanding the passage is stated before you even get to the description of what the women were wearing.....

Isaiah 3:16
The LORD says: The women of Jerusalem are proud and strut around, winking shamelessly. They wear anklets that jingle and call attention to the way they walk.

God is addressing their PRIDE. He states that the women are proud, and because they are proud they dress a certain way.... God does not like pride... pride is an attitude..... it is internal.... the way they dressed was a symptom of their pride.....

What does the bible say God will do about one who is proud?

Dan 4:37
Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, for all his works are right and his ways are just; and those who walk in pride he is able to humble.

What does God want us to do?

Micah 6:8
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Isaiah is not about jewelry.... its about attitude.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 21 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #197

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Carmel @ Mar 21 2007, 02:24 PM) [snapback]186847[/snapback]

I think this is one of the most important principles. Just think about it... people today say so often: "It is such a small thing... Is God so small to hold me responsible for something like that?"

The other famous complaint is: "That is not important for salvation!"

I believe there is no small or unimportant thing in God's eyes. Everything we do is important and related to "salvation" (I actually don't like that term "salvation". It has more negative connotation for me, but that's another subject.)

Having said that, I want to emphasize that the most important thing is "the principle behind it." What is the principle behind, for examle not wearing jewelry, or doing or not doing something. Plus, to recognize the symptoms of the problem versus the real problem. What you see outside is only small portion of what is inside. But to fix the outside, you have to work on the inside. Outside always follows the inside. I would [b]never work on the outside as a principle, until person has established a real trust in God and (I don't know better word for it, but I dislike the word "relationship" as I think it is overused and lost its meaning lately) has become a friend with the Savior. And by that time, there is no need to talk about those things, Holy Spirit is the one who works out the symptoms in his perfect time. [/b]
Carmel

Carmel,
Your statement is so beautifully put!

Every person who has committed their life to the Lord begins a journey. If they heed the Still Small Voice as they go they will reach a most wonderful place - readiness to meet our Creator in the heavens! The church plays a part in this journey, as well. Each one, according to their God-given gifts, is to support their brothers and sisters. This, when done with God's power and according to His will, strengthens us as well.

At least that is the way I see it at this point in my own journey...

PB

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 21 2007, 02:25 PM) [snapback]186848[/snapback]

Isaiah is not about jewelry.... its about attitude.....

Clay,
This is how I understand it, as well.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 21 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #198

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 21 2007, 03:40 PM) [snapback]186842[/snapback]

YB, where is the GC vault located?

PB

You can probably see good copies at one of the White Estate branch offices or research centers, or the main office at Silver Spring, MD. I got a good look at them at Silver Spring within the past year.

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Mar 21 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #199

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 21 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]186858[/snapback]

You can probably see good copies at one of the White Estate branch offices or research centers, or the main office at Silver Spring, MD. I got a good look at them at Silver Spring within the past year.

Thanks Bob. I just noticed PB's question and you beat me to it. Frankly, I regret making the initial comment. This is not a race I have a horse in and there is no value to my being involved.

-Yogi

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 21 2007, 04:49 PM
Post #200

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 21 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]186848[/snapback]

the way they dressed was a symptom of their pride.....

What does the bible say God will do about one who is proud?

Dan 4:37

Good point. I've heard that jewelry salesmen appeal to pride when trying to sell their merchandise.

Mal. 4:1 would be another good verse. "For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch." I've been tempted to fax that verse to Rush Limbaugh many times.

We talk so little about the sin of pride, and how God hates it so much. And from what I've read, that is on topic. Being a TV personality can go to one's head so easily, probably more than being able to make good points on an internet forum. My, we human beings are a sinful lot! We can pervert just about anything.

But where sin doth abound, grace doth much more abound.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 21 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #201

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(sister @ Mar 20 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]186700[/snapback]

offtopic.gif Let's get back to the original topic. Perhaps the topic of Greg Nelson and his ministry belongs in another area or a thread of it's own.

Have you given the true story, Bystander? A story, YES! True, NO!

Is there any documentation that states Kenny Shelton was ever a co-founder of 3ABN? NO! Kenny was the Vice-President of 3ABN, but he was never called the co-founder of 3ABN. Co-founder was the title that was given to Linda Shelton, before she was ousted from the ministry she co-founded with Danny Shelton. Prior to being fired from the ministry Linda was always listed as the co-founder of the Ministry. In the book written by Bob Ellis, "A Channel of Blessing", which was authorized by Danny Shelton, Linda is referred to as the co-founder of 3ABN. Ten days after his vision to build 3ABN, Dan and Linda were married. Together, as a married couple, they founded 3ABN. Now with Linda removed from 3ABN, Dan alone is referred to as founder of 3ABN in all their literature. No mention is ever made of Kenny.

When 3ABN began, Danny was president, his brother Kenny was Vice-President, Kenny's wife Emma Lou was in charge of the accounts and Linda was the secretary and answered all the mail---later she would write a newsletter.

Soon Danny became angry with the way his older brother was spending money without checking with him. Since Kenny's wife was in charge of the accounts, Kenny would go directly to her and have her cut a check for his purchases, rather than checking with Danny first. Kenny was very prideful and as the older brother, he did not feel that it was necessary to always get Danny's approval and made his own judgements concerning expenditure. In time he began to usurp Danny's authority more and more, finally to the point where Danny took his complaints to the 3ABN Board. Kenny's unwillingness to recognize the authority of his younger brother over him as President and co-founder of 3ABN with his wife, Linda, finally resulted in his firing from 3ABN. Their mother and sister sided with Kenny and quit their involvement with 3ABN at the same time.

It was not until well over a year later when the Board appointed Linda Shelton to the position of vice-president of 3ABN.

And Kenny's moral character? I believe that stone has already been turned over and layed to rest as requested.

Sister

Sister, you are right. We need to get this back on topic, although the off-topic topic was so good, we can talk about that over in the Adventist forum or somewhere.

I find it extrememly interesting how a person would do anything to have control of a person, place or thing, that they would do it at the expense of even family.

Thank you for the facts you have presented here - I new most all of the details you mentioned. It's good to keep these facts in ones mind as it keeps everything else in the proper perspective too.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Mar 21 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #202

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Everyone thank you for all those very indepth off topics. Felt like I was given a Bible study that I needed. Have wonderful day.
cloud9.gif
Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 21 2007, 09:29 PM
Post #203

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Mar 21 2007, 09:09 PM) [snapback]186879[/snapback]

Everyone thank you for all those very indepth off topics. Felt like I was given a Bible study that I needed. Have wonderful day.
cloud9.gif
Rosyroi

We aims to please. spoton.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Carmel
post Mar 21 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #204

Member No.: 2,870

I just have to add my 2 cents about makeup. Some time ago I heard Chuck Swindoll preach on the same issue, and said that: "women without makeup are like unmade bed in the morning!"

I hope I am not offending anybody, but I tend to agree with that. I don't know why should Christian women have to look like that, if they could discreetly emphasize something, and look and feel great about themselves, and look respectful to those around them.

My mom never put any makeup on herself, but I, even as a child, always enjoyed more the looks of those women that did. Now, I get that also from my kids, they just love when I look nice, and know exactly when is that (they are still very young).

As Pickle put it: "we can pervert just about anything", but I believe we need to take care of our bodies, how we look, and what kind of impression we leave on those around us.

I befriended a non-adventist girl in college (it was a public university), who came to my apartment to study with me. When she saw my room and my closet, she said: "but, you look normal, you don't look like a religious person". She thought that every religious person would look like people from century or two ago. Do you know what I mean?

OK, we can go back to the authorized version of 3abn.

Who can help me out? I have watched 3abn since '95, read their "Channel of Blessing" few years ago, and am now refreshing my memory again, but I have never, ever heard (or read) before, that Kenny was a vice president! How could that be? Why were they hiding those basic information from us?

Also, I can not understand why have they not said that the tv equipment came from Joe Crews. All the glory about the equipment went to the Steensons, and their equipment was not even as good as the Joe Crews's OLD one, and was never donated to 3abn . It is intriguing to me.

Carmel

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 22 2007, 07:15 AM
Post #205

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

My dad is not an Adventist. We all were staunch Catholic at one time. My dad never did like makeup, and I remember Mom (a nurse) talking about how it can keep the skin from breathing properly and accelerate aging. Now maybe there is some that cause wrinkles earlier than typical, but I don't know.

Regarding 3ABN and co-founders, I have found an email by Walt Thompson in which he calls Linda a co-founder. Bystander, why would he do that?

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 22 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #206

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

I know this is off topic but makeup today if properly applied and cleaned from the face at the end of the day does not cause premature aging of skin or wrinkles.

How Skin Ages and Wrinkles
How the skin ages and wrinkles is a very complicated process that involves an almost limitless range of physiological occurrences. There isn't any one cause that can be addressed with a cosmetic to erase or minimize the inevitable, because the "aging" process itself is so complex and intricate. Skin, all by itself, ages in many identifiable ways. Adding one plant extract or a vitamin to the skin won't address what is needed to deal with the myriad issues for slowing down the aging process. A series of extrinsic factors (sun damage, pollution, free-radical damage, smoking) and intrinsic factors (genetically predetermined cell cessation, chronological aging, hormone depletion, immune suppression) all culminate in what we define as aged skin.

It isn't just oxygen depletion, free-radical damage, collagen destruction, reduced cell turnover, abnormal cell formation, decreased fat content, intercellular deficiency, genetically predetermined cell shutdown, hormone loss, and so on, that affect the way skin ages—it is a combination of all these things and more taking place.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/art.asp?ID=158

And see also:

http://makeup.lovetoknow.com/Dr._Dennis_Gr..._of_the_skin.3F

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 22 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #207

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 22 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]187142[/snapback]

I know this is off topic but makeup today if properly applied and cleaned from the face at the end of the day does not cause premature aging of skin or wrinkles...

It isn't just oxygen depletion, free-radical damage, collagen destruction, reduced cell turnover, abnormal cell formation, decreased fat content, intercellular deficiency, genetically predetermined cell shutdown, hormone loss, and so on, that affect the way skin ages—it is a combination of all these things and more taking place.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/art.asp?ID=158

And see also:

http://makeup.lovetoknow.com/Dr._Dennis_Gr..._of_the_skin.3F

I agree and I know a good bit of the info noted is true, yet it still comes off like a scare tactic. MIJM dunno.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 25 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #208

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 17 2007, 10:43 PM) [snapback]186073[/snapback]

You misquoted but that is neither here nor there.
Turn your comment right around to the lindanites. How would so many know family stuff as you put it if Linda wasn't the source? That being the case, that would mean she never followed the gag order. She Just put her words out through others.
Measure both sides by the same stick hershey

well, despite what the information is or where it came from, there is NO WAY to "measure both sides by the same stick". danny has a worldwide sattelite television platform and flanks himself with his 4 loyalites that are totally deceived by him. linda has friends. BIG difference.
i believe that danny has lost his way and has been accused justly on many counts and i find it heartbreaking. he has meant a lot to my life for a long time, but he got too big for his britches and took his position and his audience for granted. others on the board are guilty for covering up for him. all involved should be removed since they don't have the decency to remove themselves for the sake of 3abn. NO ONE wants to destroy 3abn!!!!!!!!! get that through your head. it's not the ministry that people are upset about. it is those involved in wrongdoing that people want to see brought to justice, NOT DESTROYED, but held accoutable. they need to quit hiding behind the ministry.
i don't think i am alone in saying that it's not vengence people want. i know i don't. i'm angry and disappointed, but even so, i want those who are guilty to be restored. i want them to see their sin, repent and be made new. i don't want them lost.
in an email i got from walt thompson he used the analogy of David to speak on Danny's behalf. i don't think he realised exactly what he did by using that analogy. in doing so (albeit it not meaning to) he disclosed that he knew danny had committed a great sin but presumed God has or will forgive him. i wrote him back and pointed this out to him and he avoided addressing that or any other issues i made. in about a dozen emails between us he never addressed any of the topics i asked about. in his replies to me he always preached to me of the sins of others or made scriptural references to defend themselves but he completely avoided answering any of my questions. that is very telling. deceiving, evading or whatever the tactic, it's the same as lying right out.
i don't like when people get hostile on here. there is no need for name-calling or insults. we should just be here to try to bring some resolution to this stinking mess. i think we should all pray before we even come on here. let's all agree to take the high road and not attack one another. that doesn't bring us closer to a resolution. let's just keep investigating and trying to get the truth out without getting hostile to one another. i understand getting angry when people come on here and completely defend what we know from the evidence we have seen is untrue. but let's remember why we are discussing this at all. we want to find out the truth. if other antagonize us, let's just ignore their post. let's just keep showing our evidence and sharing our ideas. we need to keep our focus and not get sidetracked by those who have no clue or don't agree with us. if that is possible, i think that is what we should do. God bless you all.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 25 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #209

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

I wish they'd realize that comparing Danny to David is only valid if Danny says, "I have sinned," when sin is brought to his attention.

Does he behave more like Saul than David? Saul repeatedly told Samuel, "I have obeyed," when he hadn't. And Samuel told him, "Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry."

Before Danny can be clear in the sight of heaven to promote and possibly profit from 10 Commandments Day, he needs to make sure he isn't guilty of idolatry and witchcraft.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 25 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #210

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(mozart @ Mar 25 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]187719[/snapback]

You are right. You are angry and every post you make shows it. Unless you eyewitnessed all this ridiculous allegations about DS, and I do mean eyewitness, literally, then you are just another mouthpiece repeating what you have heard. That's ok, you're in the majority here.
I on the other hand have witnessed my share of LS's impact on the ministry and LS's impact by not being at the ministry. The positive difference is unbelievable. The mistakes that DS made all have to do with being beat down over and over by her over the doc and still asking for more. No matter how he was treat, no matter what she said to him, no matter how many lies were told, he was still doing whatever she ask of him. She says she left the house cause she was in danger. Yah right. That is why she had him come over and build her a deck when she moved out. That is why he made a half dozen trips helping her move. That is why they went out to eat over and over again during the process because she was so afraid of him. That is why she had him to take her after the divorce to the airport for her trip to Norway, that is why she had him take her to a botox appointment and yes I know the doctor's name and where he is located. That is why when he was building her deck and brought her breakfast, she told him to bring it to her in bed. And, he did. That was his big mistakes. She every move she made proved she was scared to death of him lol. IMO Even telling her months after the divorce that it still wasn't too late to reconcile and that he still loved her was a mistake. Telling her for twenty years how beautiful she was was a big mistake.
Yes, he made his share of mistakes, all concerning one thing, his marriage to her and what he was willing to take to get her to give up her relationship and stay with him.
I am an eyewitness to much of what I have said, and to much of Linda's behaviour. I also know, because I can see the books if I choose to, that DS has never took a penny that didn't belong to him, he has never cheated on Linda and he has never molested anyone. How strong do I know that? I would be willing to take a lie detector test if it came to that and for that matter I'm quite sure DS would. Has every decision he has ever made been correct? No, whose has? Has there things he probably wished he could do differently? I'm sure. Has any of those things been illegal or immoral, ABSOLUTELY NOT.
I promise you, you wouldn't want to go toe to toe with me on what I know or have access to, on the inner workings of 3abn. You might not like the way they do certain things, you might not like certain people's personalities or attitudes but that is a far cry from the allegations that you and others are making
So, unless you can prove all of your allegations in a court of law, and the burden of proof is on you, since you made them so, you would be wise to tone it down.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church