Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13079&st=210 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:45:40 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dannyshelton.com, Huh?
princessdi
post Mar 31 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #211

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok, but then just say he is telling th truth(which I doubt very seriously), was it necessary for him to file on the grounds of adultery to satisfy the church of biblical grounds, or would he just have to present evidence to the church that he had biblical grounds? Well, it is apparent that the church isn't going to do anything about it, period. but while we are fantasizing about Danny telling the truth let's extend that to the local 3ABN church and GC actually doing what they were supposed to do.

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Mar 31 2007, 09:37 PM) [snapback]189256[/snapback]

The quote above is from www.guamdivorce.net (Ross E. Putnam, Attorney at Law).

It shows that the grounds for an UNCONTESTED divorce is IRRECONCILABLE DIFFERENCES. If Danny wanted to claim ADULTERY, he would have to choose a CONTESTED DIVORCE.

It seems to me he chose the quickest, cheapest way. He did not choose the way that would justify his claim of adultery.

I wonder if he had chosen to go the biblical route, and divorce only for adultery, if Linda would have still agreed to sign the papers.

This is why it is important to see the papers. If they say adultery, and Linda signed them, it would show she agreed to the grounds. If it says irreconcilable differences, then Danny did not divorce on biblical grounds.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 31 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #212

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 31 2007, 08:51 PM) [snapback]189190[/snapback]

Don't feel sorry for me, You apparently find Jesus' words and commands appalling also.

Sin is sin and wrong is wrong, and those who condone it, and excuse it, do not love, they hate.

She said nothing of the kind. That was below the belt. Judge not lest ye be judged. Jesus judges our motives. Maybe you have decided that God is not capable of handling judgement and have decided to take over.

I am appalled at the way in which you misstate so much so fast. I guess sin is relative? Is it OK for one, but not the other.

You owe an apologys for your statement, "You apparently find Jesus' words and commands appalling also." Her words said no such thing! They are not even remotely close to your conclusion!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 31 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #213

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 31 2007, 09:39 PM) [snapback]189257[/snapback]

You know, I thought about my good friend Charlie when I said that. But I didn't want to drag him into this right here and now for fear he might accidentally visit Aletheia's church...

rofl1.gif dunno.gif i dunno, hate to blame the entire church.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 31 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #214

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Apr 1 2007, 12:37 AM) [snapback]189256[/snapback]

The quote above is from www.guamdivorce.net (Ross E. Putnam, Attorney at Law).

It shows that the grounds for an UNCONTESTED divorce is IRRECONCILABLE DIFFERENCES. If Danny wanted to claim ADULTERY, he would have to choose a CONTESTED DIVORCE.

It seems to me he chose the quickest, cheapest way. He did not choose the way that would justify his claim of adultery.

I wonder if he had chosen to go the biblical route, and divorce only for adultery, if Linda would have still agreed to sign the papers.

This is why it is important to see the papers. If they say adultery, and Linda signed them, it would show she agreed to the grounds. If it says irreconcilable differences, then Danny did not divorce on biblical grounds.

Have you considered how it is possible to file for a contested divorce, so you can cite adultery, when your spouse isn't contesting?

I tried, and told my lawyer I wanted it a matter of record, he told me it was flat out impossible...

Yet I divorced my husband for adultery... God knows that. And that wasn't reconcilble.

What we need to understand is that sometimes, actually often, the state and God are at odds.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 31 2007, 10:53 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 31 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #215

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I would, too, Mozart, but if it starts with the pastor.........but then again, I know of a situation where the pastor definitely is not representative fo the church membership.............you may have a point. However, it would give most pause.

QUOTE(mozart @ Mar 31 2007, 09:47 PM) [snapback]189260[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 31 2007, 10:51 PM
Post #216

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 31 2007, 09:48 PM) [snapback]189261[/snapback]

have you considered how it is possible to file for a contested divorce, and cite adultery, when your spouse isn't contesting?

I tried, and told my lawyer I wanted it a matter of record, he told me it was flat out impossible...

you've lived a very full life al.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
Post #217

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 1 2007, 12:43 AM) [snapback]189258[/snapback]

Ok, but then just say he is telling th truth(which I doubt very seriously), was it necessary for him to file on the grounds of adultery to satisfy the church of biblical grounds, or would he just have to present evidence to the church that he had biblical grounds? Well, it is apparent that the church isn't going to do anything about it, period. but while we are fantasizing about Danny telling the truth let's extend that to the local 3ABN church and GC actually doing what they were supposed to do.

PDi,

The scripture says Moses gave a "writing" of divorce. To obtain the LEGAL divorce, in writing, the man had to show the proper grounds. If he just came and said, "We don't get along" or "We don't seem to be able to work it out", the divorce would not be granted in writing.

Mat 19:7-9
(7) They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away
(8) He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
(9) And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

L4T

+Quote Post
Snoopy
Post #218

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 31 2007, 10:48 PM) [snapback]189261[/snapback]

have you considered how it is possible to file for a contested divorce, and cite adultery, when your spouse isn't contesting?

Signed in as anonymous now, huh??

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 31 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #219

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 1 2007, 04:23 AM) [snapback]189199[/snapback]

That's because some focus on typo's and mispellings and twist words.

The meaning of what I have said hasn't changed once.

And all find fault with my character or spirit, but not one of you can address the fact that plain and simple Linda chose another man over her husband and ministry, and agreed to a divorce for adultery, yet claims she was innocent.

Only a person who wasn't there and believes in awful twists would utter words like yours. May God have mercy on your soul.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 31 2007, 10:55 PM
Post #220

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 31 2007, 11:51 PM) [snapback]189266[/snapback]

spoton.gif rofl1.gif

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Mar 31 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #221

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(mozart @ Mar 31 2007, 10:47 PM) [snapback]189260[/snapback]

...not the entire church I'd be worried about...

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 31 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #222

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 31 2007, 11:54 PM) [snapback]189267[/snapback]

Only a person who wasn't there and believes in awful twists would utter words like yours. May God have mercy on your soul.

Johann, what about a person who was there? uhm.gif

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 31 2007, 11:00 PM
Post #223

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

See! Now I wasn't going to bust her out like that Snoopy!! For shame!!!! rofl1.gif But cindy, Gurl, you don't have to be skuurred come on out to play! You bad!

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 31 2007, 09:51 PM) [snapback]189266[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Mar 31 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #224

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 1 2007, 12:48 AM) [snapback]189261[/snapback]

Have you considered how it is possible to file for a contested divorce, and cite adultery, when your spouse isn't contesting?

Yet I divorced my husband for adultery...

What we need to understand is that sometimes, actually often, the state and God are at odds.

Aletheia,

I quoted from two Guam divorce sites. Both said that the grounds could be stated.

I am sorry to hear that you had to go through this yourself, but you did not state whether you were divorced in Guam or not. The laws are different in Guam than in the States (Guam is a U.S. Territory), or people would just get a divorce on the mainland.

The main reason for going to Guam for a divorce is to get it QUICK. That would cause me to ask the question, What was the hurry? If he had filed in the State of Illinois, there would have NO DOUBT been a waiting period, and that may have given time for reconciliation.

IF Linda was guilty, the waiting period may have given her time to come to her senses, and leave the Dr.

L4T

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 31 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #225

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 31 2007, 06:36 PM) [snapback]189206[/snapback]

PB, you are talking nonsense...

She was fired for refusing to give up that man.

She was divorced for refusing to give up that man.

Have you not read about all the times she was counseled to, and advised to, and asked to, and either agreed and kept on talking to him, or refused to?

If your son had a Doctor who your husband strongly objected to, because you were spending hours on the phone with him, what would you do PB? find a new Doctor or give your husband the boot and keep the Doctor, agree to a divorce for adultery, and then fly to Europe to see him without your son? ( that happened, even Johann posted that)

Wake up and smell the postum!

If it took hours on the phone with the doctor to treat our son, my husband would be on the other line spending the time right along with me. Looks to me like Nathan was that important to Linda but not so with Danny.

Your second paragraph I don't even understand, it bears no relation to what I posted or reality...
my Church didn't boot him, he's no longer posting here, get it now?

Yes, I get it now.

I read Clay's post:

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 30 2007, 07:43 PM)

I asked FHB over a month ago to go to the pastor of his church and ask the pastor if Linda could be invited to speak at his church.... I think I asked you to try it to Cindy (and if not, ask your pastor, then tell us what he says) and see what the response would be... to date.... there has been no answer.... FHB stated that the pastor said he would take it to the church board... I can only assume there have been no church board meetings since I made the request...

my point.... there are very few churches that will allow her to come and speak.....

And then your answer:

You didn't ask me, but I know better then to ask my Pastor as he was already here, As a concerned christian he tried to point out how none of this was being handled biblically, tried to point out the christian and biblical principles to follow, and was then insulted and got the boot. And he wasn't even taking sides. She's welcome as a visitor, I know that without asking also, but I know she won't be ministering.

I read this several times and it appeared to me that by "here" you meant he had already reached a decision on the matter and that led to him getting the boot from the church he had been pastoring. Now i see you meant that he had been posting here, got insulted and got booted or banned. If he got banned from BSDA, Calvin would have had just cause. He doesn't ban folks for no reason.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:45 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church