Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13246&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:42:53 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Letters Between Linda And The Thompsonville Church, J.L. re: counseling, censure & attempts at reconciliation
mozart
post Apr 12 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #106

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 12 2007, 11:11 AM) [snapback]191112[/snapback]

Actually, he pastored at least one church( I want say it was two, but not sure) that I know of in Northern California Conference. He and his wife are very nice people. They actually lived near my Mom in a small city so she saw them quite often in the stores, etc. He and his wife also used to visit our church on their rare weeks off. Let me say that he is also. He and Doug Bachelor participated and a round table discussion program with R. C. House and other denominational leaders. I was really proud of them, the did quite well!

I absolutely do not believe JL is evil. I think he is a good and extremely knowledgeable man. However, we all make bad choices. It is those thimes when the enemy convinces us that we have gone too far. I just think this move to 3ABN started apositive, but is now a negative.

I tend to agree with you di. i think danny pushed J.L. into a position that he was just not qualified for or expecting, but he has had plenty of time to rethink that, don't you think?.

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 12 2007, 03:47 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 12 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #107

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 12 2007, 05:30 PM) [snapback]191161[/snapback]

NW, you better WATCH IT missy or you might find yourself looking down your nose at a judge!! doh.gif
roflmao.gif wave.gif

Shouldn't that be "I'll get you, my pretty... and your little dog too..."

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Apr 12 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #108

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 12 2007, 02:42 PM) [snapback]191155[/snapback]

Since I have not personally been to the 3abn campus, the address "Angel Lane" is quite meaningless to me.... and possibly it is to many others also. So perhaps you would tell us more about its location. I think we have some of the history of the building that is now the church already posted on BSDA. Perhaps someone would be so kind as to look that up and post its url. I'd also like to know what you know about the "history" of "Angel Lane". It is from many people's bits and pieces of information that we are best able to construct the most complete picture.

Oh my - sorry. My bad to assume everyone is familiar with the campus. Note the attached map - which I found on the 3ABN website, before anyone accuses me of making it up... rofl1.gif

See how 3ABN HQ is about 10 miles off of Interstate 57 on State Highway 149 and Charley Good Road? Note how Highway 149 continues on to its end when it runs into Highway 34? The distance between 3ABN HQ and the end of Highway 149 is a mile, maybe two. Now, see how Angel Lane connects Highway 149 and Highway 34? See how it cuts of a mile or two of driving between the 3ABN HQ and the Uplink Center? This is probably the nicest, most well kept road in the county. The 3ABN apartments mentioned in other threads on this forum are on Angel Lane, as is the home Melody used to live in.

Now, three guesses who "built" this road and who "named" it...

BTW, the old church which is apparently now in use by the Baptists, is about 2/3 of the distance between I-57 and 3ABN HQ on Highway 149 (closer to 3ABN), so probably 3 miles away...

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Apr 12 2007, 04:22 PM
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
calvin
post Apr 12 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #109

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Twenty buck Aletheia will not last three days without her BSDA 3abn fix. Anybody want to take that bet? You are addicted to this topic like the rest of us.

Oh..and by the way, I can see you when you are on Anonymously. Hi Cindy wave.gif

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 12 2007, 12:10 PM) [snapback]191111[/snapback]

Ok Noah's wife. In my opinion,

Someone who cannot understand the legal ramifications of slander and libel in regards to what they and their fellow accusers have done here, and on the save 3ABN site, etc. has no business questioning the ethics, morals, of anyone, or asking me, or 3ABN if we understand the the legal ramifications here.

He has presented himself as Counsilor, adviser, and advocate, and would be far better served looking in the mirror and asking first hmself that, and then Linda and her defenders, and the rest of the 3ABN accusers.

For as far as I am concerned they are without excuse.

I won't be further drawn into UGLY.

And am putting myself on a 3 day leave.

Good bye

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 12 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #110

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 12 2007, 02:38 PM) [snapback]191177[/snapback]

Twenty buck Aletheia will not last three days without her BSDA 3abn fix. Anybody want to take that bet? You are addicted to this topic like the rest of us.

rofl1.gif

Oh..and by the way, I can see you when you are on Anonymously. Hi Cindy wave.gif

See now, Calvin, I think I tried to tell her this a couple of weeks ago............but then she was posting, too! doh.gif

It was the address FTP. On Angel Road. The church is on 3ABN property. It moved from it's old location onto the property of 3ABN. See the map so graciously provided by Snoopy.

QUOTE(from-the-pew @ Apr 12 2007, 01:31 PM) [snapback]191162[/snapback]

I am not sure what I'm supposed to be able to tell from the Thompsonville church website. That is the generic template for church websites that most Adventist Churches are being encouraged to use. (see http://www.adventistchurchconnect.com/ ). The only thing that looks very specific there is the 'Contact Us' page with the pastor's name, street address, etc.

Having seen this template many a time, I personally see nothing on the church website as evidence either way. dunno.gif

If y'all are seeing something on that website that I'm not, do enlighten, please!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Apr 12 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #111

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 12 2007, 05:53 PM) [snapback]191179[/snapback]

It was the address FTP. On Angel Road. The church is on 3ABN property. It moved from it's old location onto the property of 3ABN. See the map so graciously provided by Snoopy.

Not only on 3ABN property but on a road that 3ABN paid for!!!

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Apr 12 2007, 04:57 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 12 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #112

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Uh Fearless Leader, I find myself in need of that fainting smiley again..............
QUOTE(Snoopy @ Apr 12 2007, 02:57 PM) [snapback]191181[/snapback]

Not only on 3ABN property but on a road that 3ABN paid for!!!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Apr 12 2007, 05:38 PM
Post #113

Advanced Member

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Apr 12 2007, 03:28 PM) [snapback]191153[/snapback]

There is actually a Baptist church in there now.

Ah - good to know. I'm glad it is being used. wave.gif

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Apr 12 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #114

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

[quote name='Snoopy' date='Apr 12 2007, 03:17 PM' post='191172']

Oh my - sorry. My bad to assume everyone is familiar with the campus. Note the attached map - which I found on the 3ABN website, before anyone accuses me of making it up... rofl1.gif

See how 3ABN HQ is about 10 miles off of Interstate 57 on State Highway 149 and Charley Good Road? Note how Highway 149 continues on to its end when it runs into Highway 34? The distance between 3ABN HQ and the end of Highway 149 is a mile, maybe two. Now, see how Angel Lane connects Highway 149 and Highway 34? See how it cuts of a mile or two of driving between the 3ABN HQ and the Uplink Center? This is probably the nicest, most well kept road in the county. The 3ABN apartments mentioned in other threads on this forum are on Angel Lane, as is the home Melody used to live in.

Now, three guesses who "built" this road and who "named" it...

BTW, the old church which is apparently now in use by the Baptists, is about 2/3 of the distance between I-57 and 3ABN HQ on Highway 149 (closer to 3ABN), so probably 3 miles away...

I am not sure if this matters but I was told that Angel Lane was a gravel road until a single donor had it paved. It was a donor that has been seen singing on 3ABN.

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Apr 12 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #115

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(Fran @ Apr 12 2007, 02:49 PM) [snapback]191129[/snapback]

http://thompsonville22.adventistchurchconnect.org/

This is the Thompsonville Church Web Site. You tell me.

Is this representative of a church, or is this a Qusck, Quack, Waddle, Waddle, Duck, Duck, 3ABN, 3ABN church.

Decide for yourself.

I was a little surprised when I went to the web site, and found that it did not mention 3ABN, but did advertise for the Hope Channel under the media link.

As a matter of fact, this seems to be a template, which other SDA Churches use.

Here are some examples: (Note: some different graphics, but all the same links and style)

http://mountvernon23.adventistchurchconnect.org/
http://saintelmo22.adventistchurchconnect.org/
http://streator22.adventistchurchconnect.org/
http://anderson22.adventistchurchconnect.org/

Sorry, I was catching up, and posted a response to Fran before reading all the replies

This post has been edited by lookin4truth: Apr 12 2007, 06:33 PM

+Quote Post
Observer
post Apr 12 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #116

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 12 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]191164[/snapback]

I tend to agree with you di. i think danny pushed J.L. into a position that he was just not qualified for or expecting, but he has had plenty of time to rethink that, don't you think?.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge of Elder L's prior pastoral experience.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 12 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #117

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 12 2007, 03:38 PM) [snapback]191177[/snapback]

(Do I detect a bit of embarrassed sputtering off in the distance?)

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif I'm not touching that bet! I was going to check the list each day, but now that I know you can see her even if she checks in anonymously I'll just sit back and wait for your updates!

Yep, addicted we all are...

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Apr 12 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 12 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]191177[/snapback]

rofl1.gif

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Apr 12 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #119

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Apr 12 2007, 10:39 PM) [snapback]191194[/snapback]

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07

Duane,

No matter how many times I read your GEMS OF WISDOM they just crack me up.

rofl1.gif laugh.gif rofl1.gif laugh.gif rofl1.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Apr 12 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #120

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Apr 12 2007, 07:07 PM) [snapback]191195[/snapback]

Duane,

No matter how many times I read your GEMS OF WISDOM they just crack me up.

rofl1.gif laugh.gif rofl1.gif laugh.gif rofl1.gif laugh.gif

I kinda like my two new gems of wisdom I recently added. Not as cute as yours Duane but I think I will keep em for awhile for reminders.

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Apr 12 2007, 09:53 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:42 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church