Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13383&st=225 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:26:49 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lawsuits Filed
LaurenceD
post May 2 2007, 10:26 AM
Post #226

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,035

Grith...excellent quotes posted above!

Only thing is, if one's better judgement has been clouded by power, stardom, and the mammon of unrighteousness, those quotes will mean nothing. They'll get twisted around to suit the business end of things.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lurker
post May 2 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #227

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

I was interested in the trademark aspect so I did a Yahoo search for trademark and Seventh-day Adventist Church and came up with: http://tinyurl.com/2ljbhm Interesting.

But as to 3ABN, there are other entities that use the ABN part of the name. Because I also googled ABN and came up with other stuff. I don't see where putting a 3 on the front of it makes that much difference. The big boys usually try to throw their weight around but you don't get all these other ABN's sueing 3ABN for using that combination. And I'm sure they could. Maybe they don't see 3ABN as being anything.

I am reminded of the parable where a debtor was forgiven a large sum and then turned around and went after someone who owed him a small sum.

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post May 2 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #228

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ May 2 2007, 09:03 AM) [snapback]193896[/snapback]

It make you look really bad to even request that someone graciously cease from probing and bringing new information to light.

When someone apparently has something to hide, such as 3abn (the evidence, etc), and the observers/donars are left to guess and fill in the blanks, there's a fundamental principle you may profit from by learning: there's no safety in silence or agreement. You open up for debate. You prepare yourself to give an answer for everything requested from you. To try and hush those who are left to sort out the truth for themselves sends the wrong signal. What's important is that we get the full picture. It may not be helpful to you or your business, but it's only fair to hear both sides.

Excuse me? I have not requested anything. Pickle himself said "Could you please cite examples where I have received requests to stop or notices of potential repercussions on the net from 3ABN or any of its employees, officers, or directors? Can you cite just one?"

If Pickle had received a request would he have obliged? That was my question. If the answer is no - then so be it. However, I find it rather ungracious of you to come out guns ablazing at me. I asked a question. You went into a tirade because you didn't like the question. Is that the way things are done around here?

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post May 2 2007, 11:25 AM
Post #229

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ May 2 2007, 12:01 PM) [snapback]193895[/snapback]

One who is not afraid of the "truth" coming out, does not need the help of the courts to bring the "truth" out. This is a sign of attempting to go on the offense to avoid the "truth" coming out. This lawsuit has FEAR written all over it. And I am not referring to the fear of the Lord.

"As a last resort"?????
Hmmm, what happened to being transparent? What happened to presenting evidence to prove the truth of the matter? Oh, and what happened to letting the Lord fight their battles?

It would seem that "as a last resort" would come after being very transparent and open about the many, many questions and doing everything possible to bring light onto the scene.

IMO, this unnecessary lawsuit is going to be about attempting to discredit Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy in order to completely avoid the extremely important issues at hand.

And sadly this is all because of PRIDE, as in too proud for the world to know the TRUTH.

"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18

Webster defines Pride as:
  1. Inordinate (exceeding reasonable limits or excessive) self-esteem, Conceit (excessive appreciation of one's own worth or virtue)
  2. Proud or disdainful behavior or treatment. Disdain (a feeling of contempt for what is beneath one, Scorn), Contempt (lack of respect or reverence for something)
  3. Ostentatious display. Ostentatious (marked by or fond of conspicuous or vainglorious and sometimes pretentious display.)
Is the pride worth what it will cost many? And it will cost many.

After I made the post above, I found the following article that sums up pride very well:

"The Addiction To Pride" by Hal Steenson, 3ABN World, September 2006

http://www.3abn.org/pdf/world/3ABN-World-2006-09.pdf

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post May 2 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #230

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ May 2 2007, 11:13 AM) [snapback]193908[/snapback]

Excuse me? I have not requested anything. Pickle himself said "Could you please cite examples where I have received requests to stop or notices of potential repercussions on the net from 3ABN or any of its employees, officers, or directors? Can you cite just one?"

If Pickle had received a request would he have obliged? That was my question. If the answer is no - then so be it. However, I find it rather ungracious of you to come out guns ablazing at me. I asked a question. You went into a tirade because you didn't like the question. Is that the way things are done around here?

LaurenceD was speaking about the lawsuit being filed because Danny and company don't want questions being asked. His comments were not directed toward you personally.

As far as "gun ablazing", it appears that YOU are already going after people, on your SECOND post.

That's NOT the way things are done around here.

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ May 2 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]193895[/snapback]

One who is not afraid of the "truth" coming out, does not need the help of the courts to bring the "truth" out. This is a sign of attempting to go on the offense to avoid the "truth" coming out. This lawsuit has FEAR written all over it. And I am not referring to the fear of the Lord.

"As a last resort"?????
Hmmm, what happened to being transparent? What happened to presenting evidence to prove the truth of the matter? Oh, and what happened to letting the Lord fight their battles?

It would seem that "as a last resort" would come after being very transparent and open about the many, many questions and doing everything possible to bring light onto the scene.

IMO, this unnecessary lawsuit is going to be about attempting to discredit Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy in order to completely avoid the extremely important issues at hand.

And sadly this is all because of PRIDE, as in too proud for the world to know the TRUTH.

"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18

1. Inordinate (exceeding reasonable limits or excessive) self-esteem, Conceit (excessive appreciation of one's own worth or virtue)
  2. Proud or disdainful behavior or treatment. Disdain (a feeling of contempt for what is beneath one, Scorn), Contempt (lack of respect or reverence for something)
  3. Ostentatious display. Ostentatious (marked by or fond of conspicuous or vainglorious and sometimes pretentious display.)

I agree. This appears to be just another attempt at bullying folks into silence.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post May 2 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #231

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ May 2 2007, 12:13 PM) [snapback]193908[/snapback]

First of all, welcome.gif Newbie as of today.
Second, you don't even know LaurenceD and haven't been here long enough to accuse him of a "tirade", unless you have been a lurker on this thread and reading the post for quite some time. scratchchin.gif I find him to be straight forward and honest with his posts. JMHO

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 2 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #232

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Grith @ May 2 2007, 08:47 AM) [snapback]193888[/snapback]

God has a way of dealing with things in ways we don't dream of. God is still in charge. Those who set out to destroy others will find that it turns back on themselves. The trap they set for others entraps them. God says vengence is His and He will repay. Now we watch and see what God reveals.
[u]

Amen to your quotes above from 3 Selected Messages...actually I was just getting ready to post the very same section....below are a few thoughts beginning on page 299 for those of you who would like to read more on the topic regarding lawsuits within the church or disputes between brothers or sisters of the faith. I have always believed that Christians are strongly counseled against going on the offensive and turning to the worldly court system. How sad that 3ABN is taking this route...denying the requests for clarity on critical issues that greatly concern all of us who have been supporters. We are the ones who have sent our many dollars in blind faith. We are the ones who still care about the real Gospel and the preaching of His Word....but we have real concerns and many questions....about how funds are used...about marrying and giving in marriage without Biblical grounds...about alleged abuse...now about lawsuits....about misused funds? Still waiting and still no answers from DS. Is the word now that we question nothing, ask nothing, expect nothing, do nothing...just send $$?
Those who trust in such counselors show that they have not faith in God. By their lack of faith the Lord is greatly dishonored, and their course works great injury to themselves......
"These men cast aside the counsel God has given, and do the very things He has bidden them not to do. They show that they have chosen the world as their judge, and in heaven their names are registered as one with unbelievers. Christ is crucified afresh, and put to open shame. Let these men know that God does not hear their prayers. They insult His holy name, and He will leave them to the buffetings of Satan until they shall see their folly and seek the Lord by confession of their sin.... The interests of the cause of God are not to be committed to men who have no connection with heaven. Those who are disloyal to God cannot be safe counselors. They have not that wisdom which comes from above. They are not to be trusted to pass judgment in matters connected with God's cause, matters upon which such great results depend. If we follow their judgment, we shall surely be brought into very difficult places, and shall retard the work of God.
This action, of appealing to human courts, never before entered into by Seventh-day Adventists, has now been done. God has permitted this that you who have been deceived may understand what power is controlling those who have had entrusted to them great responsibilities. Where are God's sentinels? Where are the men who will stand shoulder to shoulder, heart to heart, with the truth, present truth for this time, in possession of the heart?--Manuscript 64, 1898."

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 2 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #233

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ May 2 2007, 11:13 AM) [snapback]193908[/snapback]

"Exuse me?" Now there's an expression I haven't seen for some time. Lee used it quite often and opened a lot of her posts with those very same words. She's not around anymore...at least to my knowledge.

Ex- explained it pretty good above. I realize everything seems out of proportion when things are going wrong (bigger than life) but what seemed like guns ablazing to you was really only youthful rubberbands...in hopes you would see there is a much broader issue implied in your opening statement. But maybe that's stretching it a bit.

Like I mentioned to Jim Laremore yesterday, we're a little skeptical around here due to so many people getting suspended...only to reappear under a new username. We're always interested in how newbies view the various 3abn issues, and problems, and how you came to agree with one side or the other. Care to share? Many of us shared our story when we first arrived at BSDA.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Jim Larmore
post May 2 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #234

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 3,284

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ May 1 2007, 06:16 PM) [snapback]193801[/snapback]

Welcome Jim to BlackSDA! smile.gif

Will Maritime SDA OnLine be your next visit? smile.gif

I hope things are much more friendly over there than they are here. I don't think , from what I have read on this particular part of this forum ( if it's all like this ) , that the spirit of Christ abides here at all. I certainly won't let the door knob hit me as I've been warned about . Actually the word invective is being rather gracious Princessdi. Awesometenor or Mr. J which ever applies seems to have some major issues and may need to seek some help for anger management. To allow his level of vitriol to continue unabated here shows the quality and level of Christian moderation here is either non-existent or severely lacking.

To answer your question though I wouldn't mind checking your web-site out as long it's not anything like this. I lurked here for a long time and never posted . I doubt if I'll be back.

God Bless you all and I certainly hope you allow the Holy Spirit into your lives soon.

Jim Larmore

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 2 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #235

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Pass the Pickle relish.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 2 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #236

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Jim Larmore @ May 2 2007, 01:20 PM) [snapback]193925[/snapback]

I hope things are much more friendly over there than they are here. I don't think , from what I have read on this particular part of this forum ( if it's all like this ) , that the spirit of Christ abides here at all. I certainly won't let the door knob hit me as I've been warned about . Actually the word invective is being rather gracious Princessdi. Awesometenor or Mr. J which ever applies seems to have some major issues and may need to seek some help for anger management. To allow his level of vitriol to continue unabated here shows the quality and level of Christian moderation here is either non-existent or severely lacking.

To answer your question though I wouldn't mind checking your web-site out as long it's not anything like this. I lurked here for a long time and never posted . I doubt if I'll be back.

God Bless you all and I certainly hope you allow the Holy Spirit into your lives soon.

Jim Larmore

Don't know you but I can speak as a Newbie....I have not been here very long (truthly I am not a clone but I get the idea there are some clones around) . I must say I really like the climate and feel very welcome here! It seems to me that you are making rash general statements when you say things like "I certainly hope you allow the Holy Spirit into your lives soon. " I will agree with you that some seem to demonstrate some hostility....like that person who calls herself or himself Eirene...I have never seen that spelling before and not sure how to pronounce it. Anyway I will agree that you might find some anger issues if he/she does not like your post but from my view most people try really hard to be tolerant and to discuss openly and kindly when they might disagree with a posting. I will say that that Eirene person does seem to claim to have a lot of first hand information...maybe she travels a lot and gets around.

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 2 2007, 01:37 PM) [snapback]193926[/snapback]

Pass the Pickle relish.

I love Pickles especially the Kosher ones...Dill and Garlic.

Not sure what that meant about "Pass the Pickle relish" but I had to comment.

It is a beautiful day here with the sun shinning! God is good and the truth shall make you free!

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 2 2007, 01:54 PM
Post #237

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ May 2 2007, 09:01 AM) [snapback]193895[/snapback]

EXACTLY ! this is a tactic to censor. if DS had nothing to hide, if he had no quilt or anything to be ashamed of, then he wouldn't care what joy or pickle or anyone else did or said because THE PEOPLE would be able to see the truth. are we morons? Does God not give us discernment? most ppl can add 2 + 2 can't they?
DS is hot because joy and pickle have body slammed him and he can't handle it with truth and grace because truth and grace does not abound within him anymore. maybe it never did, i don't know. i know i trusted and respected him for a long time and it's not what i've seen on the net that has convinced me otherwise. it is what i have seen from he, himself; it is the impressions i have gotten from him and those who surround him. it is the impression i got when i met him and asked about my $1000. designated donation for the India cable station. i knew in my heart he was not being honest with me but telling me what i wanted to hear; just trying to appease me. 'trust me, he says". after a while, you can't. sad.gif
i think even better than donating to a legal defense fund, we should show up at the courthouse and BE the defense fund. (what a trip that would be)

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 2 2007, 02:05 PM
Post #238

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ May 2 2007, 01:13 PM) [snapback]193908[/snapback]

If Pickle had received a request would he have obliged? That was my question.

In asking it, you ignore Pickle's question, however... before asking your own, his question deserves an answer.

Can you cite such a request? If there is none you can cite and if ceasing and desisting was so important to those who feel so slighted, can you explain why said request was not made?

If you cannot cite such a request, can you explain why you are trying to impugn him for not complying with an unstated request?

In His service,
Mr. J

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 2 2007, 03:51 PM) [snapback]193928[/snapback]

I will say that that Eirene person does seem to claim to have a lot of first hand information...maybe she travels a lot and gets around.

must...resist... wallbash.gif

This post has been edited by awesumtenor: May 2 2007, 02:06 PM

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 2 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #239

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Jim Larmore @ May 2 2007, 12:20 PM) [snapback]193925[/snapback]

To answer your question though I wouldn't mind checking your web-site out as long it's not anything like this. I lurked here for a long time and never posted . I doubt if I'll be back. how many times have we heard that over on CF. but his self-righteous self keeps returning. dunno.gif i guess he missed PDi's admission that weez jist heathens. roflmao.gif soz, my bad.

Jim Larmore

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 2 2007, 12:37 PM) [snapback]193926[/snapback]

Pass the Pickle relish.

does it go well with CORN?

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ May 2 2007, 01:05 PM) [snapback]193930[/snapback]

must...resist... wallbash.gif

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif better to bang one's own head than to get it banged? roflmao.gif aww...ur doing so well MR.J giggle.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 2 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #240

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

So, you haven't read the subsequent posts where the rest of us apologized and made nice? Don't you think you should read thembefore you go, at lest to be fair. I am sure you feel you have allowed the HS into your life, right? Then, God's long suffering and forgiveness should abide in your heart, Am I not correct?

Nowever, I don't think you ever came here to dialogue with us. I believe you came to "get" Awsumtenor for what he said( and had apologized for days earlier) to Aleitheia. I dont' thinkyou ever intended on being fair. Correct me if I am wrong.

QUOTE(Jim Larmore @ May 2 2007, 11:20 AM) [snapback]193925[/snapback]

Jim Larmore

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:26 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church