Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13383&st=240 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:26:51 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lawsuits Filed
awesumtenor
post May 2 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #241

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Jim Larmore @ May 2 2007, 03:20 PM) [snapback]193925[/snapback]

I hope things are much more friendly over there than they are here. I don't think , from what I have read on this particular part of this forum ( if it's all like this ) , that the spirit of Christ abides here at all. I certainly won't let the door knob hit me as I've been warned about . Actually the word invective is being rather gracious Princessdi. Awesometenor or Mr. J which ever applies seems to have some major issues and may need to seek some help for anger management. To allow his level of vitriol to continue unabated here shows the quality and level of Christian moderation here is either non-existent or severely lacking.

To answer your question though I wouldn't mind checking your web-site out as long it's not anything like this. I lurked here for a long time and never posted . I doubt if I'll be back.

God Bless you all and I certainly hope you allow the Holy Spirit into your lives soon.

Jim Larmore

Havent we heard this particular broken record before?

I believe it was Gibbon who noted that "...the decline was the natural and inevitable effect of immoderate greatness. Prosperity ripened the principle of decay; the causes of destruction multiplied with the extent of conquest; and as soon as time or accident had removed the artificial supports, the stupendous fabric yielded to the pressure of its own weight,"

There be a lesson in that for you Jimbo... but I'm sure it helps you sleep at night to say it's my fault; so be it. Glad I could be of service.

Just remember that those who do not learn from history... BTW, anyone with more than a grade school education should be able to help you finish that, if it's not familiar to you.

Dosvidanya.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 2 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #242

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

He said he wont be back, and you know we don't do goodbye speeches here....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 2 2007, 02:23 PM
Post #243

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ May 2 2007, 04:21 PM) [snapback]193938[/snapback]

He said he wont be back, and you know we don't do goodbye speeches here....

he has made that same promise before in other forae.... hasn't kept it yet...anywhere

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post May 2 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #244

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ May 2 2007, 10:02 AM) [snapback]193916[/snapback]

LaurenceD was speaking about the lawsuit being filed because Danny and company don't want questions being asked. His comments were not directed toward you personally.

As far as "gun ablazing", it appears that YOU are already going after people, on your SECOND post.

That's NOT the way things are done around here.
I agree. This appears to be just another attempt at bullying folks into silence.

Thanks for the explanation. It's nice to know that his comments were not directed to me personally. I would appreciate it if Pickle could direct an answer my question.

Was I "going after people"? I was responding to the comment that LaurenceD made - in a similar manner.

I suppose next time I should say wonderful things about Linda and her clones and horrible things about Danny and his clones and then I'm on safe territory? Just asking.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 2 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #245

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ May 2 2007, 04:29 PM) [snapback]193940[/snapback]

Thanks for the explanation. It's nice to know that his comments were not directed to me personally. I would appreciate it if Pickle could direct an answer my question.

Was I "going after people"? I was responding to the comment that LaurenceD made - in a similar manner.

I suppose next time I should say wonderful things about Linda and her clones and horrible things about Danny and his clones and then I'm on safe territory? Just asking.

How about you just check your stereotypes, preconceived notions and presumptions at the door and enter dialog sans the agenda and the chip on your shoulder you are currently manifesting...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 2 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #246

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ May 2 2007, 03:29 PM) [snapback]193940[/snapback]

well it is becoming apparent where you stand..... yes.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 2 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #247

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 2 2007, 01:51 PM) [snapback]193928[/snapback]

Not sure what that meant about "Pass the Pickle relish" but I had to comment.

Some folks around here like to dice up Pickle.

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post May 2 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #248

Advanced Member

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ May 2 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]193923[/snapback]

"Exuse me?" Now there's an expression I haven't seen for some time. Lee used it quite often and opened a lot of her posts with those very same words. She's not around anymore...at least to my knowledge.

Ex- explained it pretty good above. I realize everything seems out of proportion when things are going wrong (bigger than life) but what seemed like guns ablazing to you was really only youthful rubberbands...in hopes you would see there is a much broader issue implied in your opening statement. But maybe that's stretching it a bit.

Like I mentioned to Jim Laremore yesterday, we're a little skeptical around here due to so many people getting suspended...only to reappear under a new username. We're always interested in how newbies view the various 3abn issues, and problems, and how you came to agree with one side or the other. Care to share? Many of us shared our story when we first arrived at BSDA.

I have not previously registered with blacksda or have any other clandestine background - at least none that I am aware of. Since most members are anonymous (as I am) I don't know who they are and would venture to say that I have never met any of them (with the exception of one, who I believe is posting under his/her real name), since I live out in the wilderness far from any hub of Adventism or of 3ABN.

When I watch 3ABN I am blessed and always have been - but I don't get to watch or listen as often as I would like because I don't have (and lease says I can't have) a dish and so I watch/listen over the internet only.

I don't have much of a story. Some months ago someone told me about this site and I've checked it out occasionally and then more regularly. I cannot say that I agree with one side or the other, at least not based on what I've read here. Usually in these situations the whole truth is devilishly hard to get at and neither party, for whatever reason is willing to share the whole truth.

I appreciated the ministry of Linda when she was on 3ABN, she certainly has an empathetic, caring way about her that touched the viewers in a special way. I also very much appreciate Danny's style as well. I attended a rally back east once and have of course seen him on the TV and clearly, he can preach much better than many pastors who have been trained in homiletics.

What went wrong? I don't know. I cannot conclude from what I've read here that Linda is perfectly innocent or that Danny is perfectly guilty. There is just so much that hasn't been told and honestly, probably should not be told and much that has been said that should not have been told, but the cat's out of the bag so what to do?

But really be thankful for those on Danny's side that come and post here - when they are gone the posts get rather dull. I've wondered at times if they are not really on Danny's side, but rather only act that way in order to stimulate interest and stir up emotions. Just an idea.

QUOTE(Clay @ May 2 2007, 12:32 PM) [snapback]193942[/snapback]

well it is becoming apparent where you stand..... yes.gif

Hmmm....appearances can be deceiving.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post May 2 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #249

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ May 2 2007, 03:59 PM) [snapback]193944[/snapback]

I also very much appreciate Danny's style as well. I attended a rally back east once and have of course seen him on the TV and clearly, he can preach much better than many pastors who have been trained in homiletics.

You can't possibly be serious!! I appreciate your sense of humor.

I've wondered at times if they are not really on Danny's side, but rather only act that way in order to stimulate interest and stir up emotions. Just an idea.

Interesting idea. If these are Danny's "friends and supporters," he would do well to fire them ahd hire some new ones. The ones that keep coming do not do a very good job. If I were in Danny's shoes, I would not want to be identified with the kind of defensive rhetoric that they offer.

This post has been edited by Skyhook: May 2 2007, 03:21 PM

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post May 2 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #250

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Skyhook @ May 2 2007, 01:19 PM) [snapback]193945[/snapback]

Interesting idea. If these are Danny's "friends and supporters," he would do well to fire them ahd hire some new ones. The ones that keep coming do not do a very good job. If I were in Danny's shoes, I would not want to be identified with the kind of defensive rhetoric that they offer.

How would you suggest that those who support Danny can improve and "do a very good job?" They can use some pointers, yes?

And about the preaching - in case you are not aware there are lots of pitiful preachers out there slogging away at it every Sabbath. I've heard a good many of them over the years.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 2 2007, 03:53 PM
Post #251

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

How would you suggest that those who support Danny can improve and "do a very good job?" They can use some pointers, yes?

Yes, but if he don't know, I 'm not going to tell him. He oughts to know better. It is said that he doesn't come here to read the posts, perhaps he should. Now I dont' believe that. He has commented far too many weeks on his show aobut issues raised here the very day before> I just beleive they are here to distract, therefore, they don t'need to know much, and they don't. They are often out on a limb that danny has already started sawing at it's base, and he sends them here for us to finish off.

An example is the issue of Linda's attorney's licensing. it is apparaent by their repsonses that they know absolutely nothing aobut state licensing procedure,a nd several have tried to explain it including myself. However they choose to ignore that for something more sinister. They don't even consider that if the judge did not believe that the attorney could not get it striaght by June 8( because he is also licensed himself witht he same agency), his repsonse would have been quite different, and he came to his conclusion from the information on the documentation provided by Danny's attorney. Now unless they are really trying to tell us that Linda's lawyer is really working for Danny on the DL to sabbatage her case, then why would a licensed attorney appear before a judge in a state in which he knew he wasn't licensed. Linda could just get another lawyer, he would have more severe reprecautions, jeodarizing all of his licenses.

And about the preaching - in case you are not aware there are lots of pitiful preachers out there slogging away at it every Sabbath. I've heard a good many of them over the years.

I didn't know Danny was apreacher. In fact, I thought he frequently mentions that he is not. Anyway, you are right there are some pretty pitiful ones out there. However, I don't know how much you get out, because if Danny is the best you seen, you might need to listen to go to some different churches. smile.gif

Just one further question, SP(hope you don't mind). Did you ever study for the ministry?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post May 2 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #252

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 2 2007, 03:51 PM) [snapback]193928[/snapback]

Not sure what that meant about "Pass the Pickle relish" but I had to comment.

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 2 2007, 04:46 PM) [snapback]193943[/snapback]

Some folks around here like to dice up Pickle.

What's the big dill? Do you think this will go down as one of the ""Great Moments in Pickle History" (click)

This post has been edited by Whtz Happenin: May 2 2007, 03:57 PM

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post May 2 2007, 04:10 PM
Post #253

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ May 2 2007, 02:53 PM) [snapback]193948[/snapback]

I didn't know Danny was apreacher. In fact, I thought he frequently mentions that he is not. Anyway, you are right there are some pretty pitiful ones out there. However, I don't know how much you get out, because if Danny is the best you seen, you might need to listen to go to some different churches. smile.gif

Just one further question, SP(hope you don't mind). Did you ever study for the ministry?

You are right, I'm not aware that Danny is a preacher, but my point is that I've heard him preach better than some who are trained. I did not at all imply that he was the best I'd heard, just that he was better than many I'd heard.

I'm not into acronyms or abbreviations...prefer the shiny penny. No, I haven't studied for the ministry, but those that do do take homiletics - at least at the SDA colleges/universities that I am aware of.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post May 2 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #254

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ May 2 2007, 04:59 PM) [snapback]193944[/snapback]

But really be thankful for those on Danny's side that come and post here - when they are gone the posts get rather dull. I've wondered at times if they are not really on Danny's side, but rather only act that way in order to stimulate interest and stir up emotions. Just an idea.

I've been here for a year and BSDA is NEVER dull. There is so much more to BSDA than 3ABN. Throw caution to wind, Penny, take a walk on the wild side...be spontaneous, visit some of the other threads here on the forum! Join in the discussions, take a stress break in the arcade, join the crew in LC for lively conversation. There's all that and more right here... smile.gif

ps. We've been here before those on Danny's side, and, be the good Lord willing, we'll be here after they've gone... yes.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 2 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #255

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

well shiny penny i dont think i have said welcome(1).gif to you yet so...Welcome to BSDA.

i can see that you don't want to hear such bad things about danny or linda. i didn't want to hear anything bad about Danny or Linda either. honestly, i didn't really want to know, but there was this really uncomfortable itch inside my heart and mind and when more and more was said on "live" 3abn programs about all those evil people out there trying to destroy them i just wondered why they kept feeling the need to defend themselves all the time and make analogies that were (to put it mildly) just twisted. a lot of the time, i had no idea what they were driving at or why they kept talking about it. finally 3abn had a "news" quote about ASI stopping discussions on their website. at that time i didn't have a clue what ASI was even discussing and why anyone would care, so........my curiosity peaked i clicked the link and what i read made me sit back and say, "what??? something aint right in Kansas". afro.gif so i got on my computer and looked up ASI and read what they had to say and that lead me to save3abn.com and i read and i cried. then i found the forums, and so on and so on and here i am a few months later, a lot wiser, a lot sadder and sometimes just sick about it all.
after you find out a bit more about what's going on and then you see danny and mollie and shelly Q. and John L. all rallying so hard for our trust and manipulating the 3abn audience with their innuindos, the light bulb finally goes off and you see that those queezy feelings you've had in your stomach for a while should have made you pay closer attention. we know we should not put so much faith in man but i did & i shouldn't have. once i could read between the lies, i mean lines, no actually i mean lies, because deception is a lie. anyway, i saw some really nasty, spiteful and dishonest behavior coming from those people (those i've mentioned) and i think they need to be held accountable. i don't hate them, i'm just really mad at them just like you would be with anybody who ask for your trust and then abuses it.
so, you just keep reading and don't believe everything you read (which i'm sure you don't) but keep your antennae up. most of all, keep praying for discernment and for the restoration of all of the above and more.
God bless, Mo

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ May 2 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]193951[/snapback]

You are right, I'm not aware that Danny is a preacher, but my point is that I've heard him preach better than some who are trained. I did not at all imply that he was the best I'd heard, just that he was better than many I'd heard.

I'm not into acronyms or abbreviations...prefer the shiny penny. No, I haven't studied for the ministry, but those that do do take homiletics - at least at the SDA colleges/universities that I am aware of.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:26 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church