Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13733&st=180 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:29:16 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status, Supportive Ministry Status suspended by GC announcement
franklyamazed
post Jun 9 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #181

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,859

Kevin Paulson is listed as the pastor of the Peekskill SDA Church, Peekskill New York.

Kevin is the son of two well educated people who were friends of my parents. While he was a teen-ager, they both left the church during the Ford event, and joined a church populated by ex SDA's pastored by an ex SDA pastor.

Kevin stood firm for what he believed, however. While I may not entirely agree with him on some of his theological beliefs, my observation is that he is very bright, and very dedicated to truth.

Kevin is like many of the endangered species in this world. At some point, one of them may hold the key to survival, so I think we should be careful about marginalizing someone just because we do not like what they may say.

This post has been edited by franklyamazed: Jun 9 2007, 09:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 9 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #182

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Frankly, wouldn't that be Peekskill? http://www.peekskillsda.com/aboutus.php

Notice the link for watching 3ABN online on the right hand side of the screen.

This post has been edited by lurker: Jun 9 2007, 08:01 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 9 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #183

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(lurker @ Jun 9 2007, 06:59 PM) [snapback]199153[/snapback]

Yes, he is pastoring there.

That link might not be there too long. ohmy.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 9 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #184

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

Well, he did sound like he had watched 3ABN enough to form opinions.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 9 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #185

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 9 2007, 07:09 PM) [snapback]199155[/snapback]

Well, he did sound like he had watched 3ABN enough to form opinions.

Among some other things... yes.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 9 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #186

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(lurker @ Jun 9 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]199153[/snapback]

Yes, I discovered my error in not finding him in the conference listings, and have corrected the false information I gave earlier. Kevin Paulson is, in fact, the pastor of two churches there, the Peekskill and the Wingdale churches. My apologies for my initial misinformation.

+Quote Post
steffan
post Jun 9 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #187

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 9 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]199102[/snapback]

Steffan,

I lack judgment because I chose to post an email that came to me in it's entirety? Kevin is at least sincere and takes things seriously enough to examine things. This does not mean he is wrong or right, it means he went for information and reported what he found. He has been watching like many SDA's (the ones you agree with and the ones you don't). He has many readers too, and everyone is affected by 3abn, so he has the right to express it. I think you should be looking at the fact that it is infultrating DS's main base. They see not only the theology problem, but many of the problems at 3abn. DS does not like that, I know. Those are the last of the mohiccans to him. He needs them.

You tear Kevin down based on something else he believes that you do not agree with and try to gain support by your attempt in using others comments (such as lowender) that you think will join in and say "he is wrong here and here, so he must be TOTALLY WRONG EVERYWHERE". In fact, many know he is on the money on many points. Did you see people tearing those points down?

Are you ready to attack the GC too?

By posting an email that came to you, you were giving it importance and portraying the author as a credible source. How so? He knows nothing about 3abn or those personally involved. He says he is a "friend" of Danny. I happen to know that Danny met him one time several years ago at ASI as in HI I'm so and so blah blah. So right off, he has misrepresented his relationship with Danny.
Then you say "he went for information and reported what he found." This is classic.
He went where for information? He certainly didn't go to any of the people involved. So, in essence, at best he ask some people their opinions, put that with his opinion and then reported it. No verification, no names nothing. No credibility, no importance. Again, this shows an incredible lack of judgement by Joy and you and a willingness to post anything that has to do with criticism of 3abn no matter where it comes from.
As far as your "theology" issues you say are infiltrating 3abn, I don't have a clue what you are talking about. If anything any theology criticism that they receive is for showing conservative Adventism programming. Hope is liberal. 3abn is not.
Am I ready to attack the GC too? Why would I? It has already been established on another thread that the 3abn status has not changed and that statement was by Elder Schneider himself.
On the other hand let's turn that scenerio around. As long as you and others were sure that the GC was siding with 3abn and taking no action against them, you were attacking the GC. Just as you (this forum) have attacked ASI, Nad, and even Amazing facts. This forum has attacked any and all organizations that have ignored gossip and continued to work with 3abn so, really, Don't act like attacking the GC would be so far fetched anyway.

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 9 2007, 08:33 PM
Post #188

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Steffan, you amaze me with what you know about such incidents in Danny's life such as who he has met and how well he knows them. I may consider many people to be friends who do not consider me to be their friend. But hey, I'm just that kind of person.

The difference in who considers who to be a friend may be found in the degree of friendliness of the personalities of Danny and of Elder Paulson. You know, who is friendly and who is not.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 9 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #189

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

So Paulson is a pastor, and has issues? you all make up your mind.... dunno.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
franklyamazed
post Jun 9 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #190

Member No.: 2,859

QUOTE(lurker @ Jun 9 2007, 08:59 PM) [snapback]199153[/snapback]

Thanks for catching that. Entry is corrected.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 9 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #191

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 9 2007, 07:20 PM) [snapback]199157[/snapback]

Yes, I discovered my error in not finding him in the conference listings, and have corrected the false information I gave earlier. Kevin Paulson is, in fact, the pastor of two churches there, the Peekskill and the Wingdale churches. My apologies for my initial misinformation.

WB: I am still confused. Here is what the Wingdale website says:

Contact Us

Wingdale Seventh-day Adventist Church
PO Box 353
Wingdale, NY, 12594-0353
USA

Pastor: Viorel Negoi
Office Hours:

Service times:
Sabbath School: 9:30am
Worship Service: 11:00am

Is he perhaps on the pastoral staff, but not the senior pastor? Clairfy, please.

Thank you,

QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 9 2007, 09:25 PM) [snapback]199169[/snapback]

WB: I am still confused. Here is what the Wingdale website says:
Is he perhaps on the pastoral staff, but not the senior pastor? Clairfy, please.

Thank you,

I am further confused by this second listing for the Wingdale Chruch:

Wingdale SDA Church
P.O. Box 353
Wingdale, NY 12594-0388

Phone: 845-832-6631

Pastor: Kevin Paulson

Language: English
Membership: 43

I note that there is an Internet listing for the Peekskill chruch that lists him a pastor.

This post has been edited by Observer: Jun 9 2007, 09:26 PM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jun 9 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #192

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 9 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]199158[/snapback]

By posting an email that came to you, you were giving it importance and portraying the author as a credible source. How so? He knows nothing about 3abn or those personally involved. He says he is a "friend" of Danny. I happen to know that Danny met him one time several years ago at ASI as in HI I'm so and so blah blah. So right off, he has misrepresented his relationship with Danny.
Then you say "he went for information and reported what he found." This is classic.
He went where for information? He certainly didn't go to any of the people involved. So, in essence, at best he ask some people their opinions, put that with his opinion and then reported it. No verification, no names nothing. No credibility, no importance. Again, this shows an incredible lack of judgement by Joy and you and a willingness to post anything that has to do with criticism of 3abn no matter where it comes from.
As far as your "theology" issues you say are infiltrating 3abn, I don't have a clue what you are talking about. If anything any theology criticism that they receive is for showing conservative Adventism programming. Hope is liberal. 3abn is not.
Am I ready to attack the GC too? Why would I? It has already been established on another thread that the 3abn status has not changed and that statement was by Elder Schneider himself.
On the other hand let's turn that scenerio around. As long as you and others were sure that the GC was siding with 3abn and taking no action against them, you were attacking the GC. Just as you (this forum) have attacked ASI, Nad, and even Amazing facts. This forum has attacked any and all organizations that have ignored gossip and continued to work with 3abn so, really, Don't act like attacking the GC would be so far fetched anyway.

So Steffan you say you know Danny Shelton. But you speak in the first person as if you are Danny Shelton? dunno.gif

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jun 9 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #193

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 9 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]199158[/snapback]

Interesting. If you are not Danny, then you must be "Danny's l'il shaddow", knowing how folks introduce themselves and all...

You seem a bit selective in which GC communiques you wish to respond to. Nothing has been established in my mind until you answer my questions from that other thread where you think it has been "established that 3ABN status has not changed." Brother Dabrowski is quoted as saying there are administrative issues at 3ABN!!!!!!!! Are there, Steffan??? Yes or No??? I have posted my questions twice now, but here's the most recent link, in case you really missed it and are not really ignoring me bystan.....sorry.....I mean, Steffan...:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=199124

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Jun 9 2007, 11:48 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 9 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #194

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Jun 9 2007, 09:43 PM) [snapback]199177[/snapback]

Interesting. If you are not Danny, then you must be "Danny's l'il shaddow", knowing how folks introduce themselves and all...
You seem a bit selective in which GC communiques you wish to respond to. Nothing has been established in my mind until you answer my questions from that other thread where you think it has been "established that 3ABN status nas not changed." Brother Dabrowski is quoted as saying there are administrative issues at 3ABN!!!!!!!! Are there, Steffan??? Yes or No??? I have posted my questions twice now, but here's the most recent link, in case you really missed it and are not really ignoring me bystan.....sorry.....I mean, Steffan...:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=199124

All those voices...how can one keep track? rofl1.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 9 2007, 11:45 PM
Post #195

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(calvin @ Jun 9 2007, 10:28 PM) [snapback]199174[/snapback]

So Steffan you say you know Danny Shelton. But you speak in the first person as if you are Danny Shelton? dunno.gif

Calvin, Steffan is Danny or his evil twin, rofl1.gif
Just look up what he wrote right before he posted a Rusty Moreland piece that is all pro-Danny's 3ABN, Steffan/Danny wrote:

"This post is from the GCO forum. It is respectful, truthful and full of good comparisons and thoughts from EGW. This man has spiritual insite and common sense."

Then just read it, it is on the new thread, "The real Truth In a A Nutshell." Ha, that title alone should tip us off, who it really is! Also, the no logic way he attacks SSOM, biggrin.gif
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13784

This post has been edited by mikell: Jun 9 2007, 11:46 PM

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church