Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14596&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:15:07 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Merger Off?
beartrap
post Aug 10 2007, 12:09 AM
Post #106

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 9 2007, 10:46 PM) *
you keep this stuff up & some she-bears could come out of the woods...

Now, now Lowender, if bears come after Princess Di they will find that she has a beartrap set. Also, Yogi may lay out a picunic basket full of sandwiches (wham and soy cheese on Ezekiel bread) and distract the poor hapless things. Now if there is a profit saying "sic em" to the bears, and if they understand profitish then they just might not be so easily distracted. As your mama surely told you, "Prophet is as profit does."

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 10 2007, 12:17 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 10 2007, 07:48 AM
Post #107

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 10 2007, 01:09 AM) *
Now, now Lowender, if bears come after Princess Di they will find that she has a beartrap set. Also, Yogi may lay out a picunic basket full of sandwiches (wham and soy cheese on Ezekiel bread) and distract the poor hapless things. Now if there is a profit saying "sic em" to the bears, and if they understand profitish then they just might not be so easily distracted. As your mama surely told you, "Prophet is as profit does."

I'm all confused now... I thought everyone loved a prophet? I heard that Danny Shelton isn't a profit-taker at all... That, at best, he doesnt make more than $70 K for a year. Now also, youre making a mistake to think that some she-bears are "poor hapless things". But these she-bears may just take on the visage of attorneys that could sue you for slander against an innocent, peaceful man & his humble ministry. Be careful Beartrap...

+Quote Post
summertime
post Aug 10 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #108

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 9 2007, 11:32 PM) *
Who among us could stand in the presence of Prophet Danny Shelton & not be in awe?

I would feel no awe in the presence of Danny Shelton. I would only feel pity for what he has become. He reminds me of a young minister who preached the word of God, built a church in a town which had no church, was instrumental in converting many souls who remain SDA to this day. He had a lovely wife and 2 sons and then one day he fell in love with another lady and married her even before divorcing his first wife. For a while he preached for another religion---holding meetings and withholding the offerings for himself. After all--the tithe was for the support of the ministers of God. Eventually he quit preaching and started mettling unlawfully and one day the FBI visited some of those who knew him to see if they could find him. After many years, when he died, his wife was penniless and was forced to bury his ashes in their own son's grave who had commited suicide after he had served in Vietnam. For a while his church members thought he had been called by God--he fooled many but may have lost his own soul---God will have to judge him. He may have done a lot of good in his day---I think that he did. But in the end he was the one who was hurt worse of all. No, I would not be afraid to stand in the presence of Danny Shelton---he built a station which was instrumental in saving souls--he is no prophet---and along the way, he may have lost his own hope for eternity--lets just make sure he does not take us along with him. In that way, he could be actually dangerous.

+Quote Post
mikell
post Aug 10 2007, 10:41 AM
Post #109

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(summertime @ Aug 10 2007, 10:27 AM) *
I would feel no awe in the presence of Danny Shelton. I would only feel pity for what he has become. He reminds me of a young minister who preached the word of God, built a church in a town which had no church, was instrumental in converting many souls who remain SDA to this day. He had a lovely wife and 2 sons and then one day he fell in love with another lady and married her even before divorcing his first wife. For a while he preached for another religion---holding meetings and withholding the offerings for himself. After all--the tithe was for the support of the ministers of God. Eventually he quit preaching and started mettling unlawfully and one day the FBI visited some of those who knew him to see if they could find him. After many years, when he died, his wife was penniless and was forced to bury his ashes in their own son's grave who had commited suicide after he had served in Vietnam. For a while his church members thought he had been called by God--he fooled many but may have lost his own soul---God will have to judge him. He may have done a lot of good in his day---I think that he did. But in the end he was the one who was hurt worse of all. No, I would not be afraid to stand in the presence of Danny Shelton---he built a station which was instrumental in saving souls--he is no prophet---and along the way, he may have lost his own hope for eternity--lets just make sure he does not take us along with him. In that way, he could be actually dangerous.

This is GOOD! DS should read this, hopefully to change but if not; then he will see his destiny when Judgment comes, in fact it is here when we all have to give an account.

This post has been edited by mikell: Aug 10 2007, 11:24 AM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 10 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #110

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 10 2007, 09:48 AM) *
I'm all confused now... I thought everyone loved a prophet? I heard that Danny Shelton isn't a profit-taker at all... That, at best, he doesnt make more than $70 K for a year. Now also, youre making a mistake to think that some she-bears are "poor hapless things". But these she-bears may just take on the visage of attorneys that could sue you for slander against an innocent, peaceful man & his humble ministry. Be careful Beartrap...

Your irony has made for some pleasant comic relief moments in this saga... be careful, though that you do not stay in character so long that your irony becomes an iron-trap for your own feet.

Here... have a nice soft blanky... and rest your mind and feet a bit.... yes.gif

...... cloud9.gif......

+Quote Post
Grith
post Aug 10 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #111

Member No.: 3,399

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 10 2007, 12:54 PM) *
Your irony has made for some pleasant comic relief moments in this saga... be careful, though that you do not stay in character so long that your irony becomes an iron-trap for your own feet.

Here... have a nice soft blanky... and rest your mind and feet a bit.... yes.gif
...... cloud9.gif......

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 10 2007, 11:03 PM
Post #112

Advanced Member

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 10 2007, 11:54 AM) *

...... cloud9.gif......

Watchbird... Youre funny! But what I find really funny & amusing is how some on here think I'm being serious...

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 10 2007, 11:12 PM
Post #113

Advanced Member

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 10 2007, 01:09 AM) *

"Wham & soy cheese on Ezekiel bread" Have you lost your mind Beartrap? That would scare any bear away.

Have you ever noticed how those Vegan people all smell bad? They got a sort of body odor to them that's strong enough to where you don't even have to be that close to them to notice. Plus they love to tell you that they are vegans. Those sda vegans especially hate to hear that Jesus was a meat-eater.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 10 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #114

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 10 2007, 11:12 PM) *
Have you ever noticed how those Vegan people all smell bad? They got a sort of body odor to them that's strong enough to where you don't even have to be that close to them to notice. Plus they love to tell you that they are vegans. Those sda vegans especially hate to hear that Jesus was a meat-eater.

Lowender, you been hanging out with the wrong vegans. We've got a ton in our church and they happen to ... well, not smell any worse than anyone else... and they don't make a big deal about it.

And I can be honest about it, I'm barely even vegetarian. pepsi.gif That Wendy's chicken yesterday was rockin' ...

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 10 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #115

Advanced Member

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 11 2007, 12:15 AM) *
Lowender, you been hanging out with the wrong vegans. We've got a ton in our church and they happen to ... well, not smell any worse than anyone else... and they don't make a big deal about it.

And I can be honest about it, I'm barely even vegetarian. pepsi.gif That Wendy's chicken yesterday was rockin' ...

You havent been at Weimar, have you Espresso? HA! I went to college there a year & a half & it turned me into a staunch meat eater... Coke drinker too! Anyway... Some of those vegans smell like a barnyard in my opinion.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 11 2007, 01:07 AM
Post #116

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 10 2007, 10:12 PM) *
"Wham & soy cheese on Ezekiel bread" Have you lost your mind Beartrap? That would scare any bear away.

Lowender! Shame on you! If you had paid attention in class, like the other Weimartians did, you would have learned that what you were smelling was years intestinal buildup being released. As to the horrors of veganism, I ocassionally eat a meal that is vegetarian, and once in a while I even have something vegan like a piece of toast with peanut butter. You have insulted my toast and peanut butter and I would challenge you to a duel if there were a gauntlet available to me. We could fence with organically grown carrots.

I have likely put money in the pocket of Larry Romrell from time to time as I do very much enjoy a good slab of beef rubbed with spices and done medium on the grill. Accompany that with a baked potato, corn on the cob and some A-1 steak sauce. Mmmmm!!!!!!! See? My corn and baked potato are vegan, so I can be quite vegan at times. Perhaps Romrell will usher in a new day where I can host cooking shows on 3ABN and share my grilling and cooking methods for beef (and the vegan vegetables that accompany it.)

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 11 2007, 01:09 AM

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 11 2007, 01:35 AM
Post #117

Advanced Member

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 11 2007, 02:07 AM) *
Lowender! Shame on you! If you had paid attention in class, like the other Weimartians did, you would have learned that what you were smelling was years intestinal buildup being released. As to the horrors of veganism, I ocassionally eat a meal that is vegetarian, and once in a while I even have something vegan like a piece of toast with peanut butter. You have insulted my toast and peanut butter and I would challenge you to a duel if there were a gauntlet available to me. We could fence with organically grown carrots.

I have likely put money in the pocket of Larry Romrell from time to time as I do very much enjoy a good slab of beef rubbed with spices and done medium on the grill. Accompany that with a baked potato, corn on the cob and some A-1 steak sauce. Mmmmm!!!!!!! See? My corn and baked potato are vegan, so I can be quite vegan at times. Perhaps Romrell will usher in a new day where I can host cooking shows on 3ABN and share my grilling and cooking methods for beef (and the vegan vegetables that accompany it.)

What's especially funny is when these vegans claim that their diet somehow brings them to a closer walk with God. Well I am glad that they think that way. I sure don't want to be close to them....

Is prophet Danny a vegan? If so, maybe some meat could normalize him...

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 11 2007, 01:52 AM
Post #118

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 11 2007, 12:35 AM) *
What's especially funny is when these vegans claim that their diet somehow brings them to a closer walk with God. Well I am glad that they think that way. I sure don't want to be close to them....

Is prophet Danny a vegan? If so, maybe some meat could normalize him...

Although I believe that the prophet is now a vegan, he at one time could cook up a great fish fry. He caught them in his own pond, cleaned them and fried them and they were very good. I very much enjoyed his fish.

Yes, unfortuantely some people have turned diet into a religion. Well, as that great sage, Woody Allen, said, "Anyone can live to be a hundred, all you have to do is give up everything that would make you want to live to a hundred."

+Quote Post
daylily
post Aug 11 2007, 06:25 AM
Post #119

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

I think it's all the garlic you are smelling :-)

I'm a vegan and I don't smell like a barnyard. Niether do any vegans that I know and I know plenty. I don't eat garlic either as it and onions make my stomach hurt and give me insomnia. I love onions and garlic and it took a lot of pain and sleepless nights before I could accept the fact that they were causing my problems. :-(

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 11 2007, 07:36 AM
Post #120

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

I had an art teacher in maybe 6th grade at the Dubai Petroleum Company American School who was, if I recall correctly, into something akin to New Age. She claimed that vegetarians had less trouble with body odor than meat eaters, and she did not have such problems.

It got up to 130 degrees there, and since it was on the Persian Gulf, it was humid besides.

Mom became an Adventist a year before we moved there, and I was not a vegetarian, though Mom wanted to nudge us that direction. So she took us down to the local meat market where we got to see all the flies buzzing around, the tails left on the carcasses so you could tell if they were camel or cow or goat, and the men taking the meat off the hooks with their hands and saying, "Buy! Buy!"

Then there was the fish market, complete with more flies, big, bloated fish, and fellows sitting on their heels with wire brushes all ready to scrape the scales off your purchases, fellows with scales all over themselves and in their hair.

The meat in the grocery stores was sometimes thawed and refrozen, and the Danish chickens must have been strangled, since the blood was all through the meat.

Still, despite all that, when we were back stateside and at Poncho's Mexican restaurant, I went ahead and ordered chicken, since I didn't like spicy stuff. It arrived bloody. Not cooked enough? Well, when they brought it to the table after cooking it further, the blood was now dried. Must have been strangled chickens again.

And that is the last time I remember eating or ordering meat.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:15 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church