Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14596&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:22:42 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Merger Off?
ex3ABNemployee
post Aug 11 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #121

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,722

Danny is a prophet?

Hmmm...I thought 3ABN was a non-prophet organization. tongue.gif

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 11 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #122

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Aug 11 2007, 06:59 PM) *
Danny is a prophet?

Hmmm...I thought 3ABN was a non-prophet organization. tongue.gif

Alright! Now that is funny!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 11 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #123

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 10 2007, 10:59 PM) *
You havent been at Weimar, have you Espresso? HA! I went to college there a year & a half & it turned me into a staunch meat eater... Coke drinker too! Anyway... Some of those vegans smell like a barnyard in my opinion.

As one who has chosen to be totally plant-based for 2.5 years, which as everyone knows if far different than being "vegan", I can tell you that I create no offensive odor whatsoever. I have an appointment next month with my ENT doc to clear up an odd kink in my olfactory nerve but am certain that will not cause any significant changes in the status quo.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 12 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 11 2007, 09:27 PM) *
As one who has chosen to be totally plant-based for 2.5 years, which as everyone knows if far different than being "vegan", I can tell you that I create no offensive odor whatsoever. I have an appointment next month with my ENT doc to clear up an odd kink in my olfactory nerve but am certain that will not cause any significant changes in the status quo.

WHOA! I didn't realize that those vegan comments were going to cause such a stink... This has really opened up a Motherlode of natural gas...

But truly, does being a vegan really draw a person closer to God?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 12 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #125

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 12 2007, 09:16 AM) *
WHOA! I didn't realize that those vegan comments were going to cause such a stink... This has really opened up a Motherlode of natural gas...

That, dear young one who rides on waxed board upon the breaking waves, depends upon one's personal relationship with both God and food and, ultimately which of those two one chooses to worship. (In my own life it has given me a far more clear mind that does help me draw closer to God.)

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 12 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #126

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 12 2007, 11:16 AM) *

Possibly, but not necessarily. John Harvey Kellogg was a vegetarian. Perhaps if he had also been temperate in regards to his work schedule and such, he would have been easier to get along with.

"The state of the mind has largely to do with the health of the body, and especially with the health of the digestive organs. As a general thing, the Lord did not provide His people with flesh meat in the desert, because He knew that the use of this diet would create disease and insubordination. In order to modify the disposition, and bring the higher powers of the mind into active exercise, He removed from them the flesh of dead animals" (1BC 1112, 1113).

"We may have to remain here in this world because of insubordination many more years, as did the children of Israel; but for Christ's sake, His people should not add sin to sin by charging God with the consequence of their own wrong course of action" (Ev 696).

"There are eleven days‘ journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadeshbarnea" (Deut. 1:2).

"They soon forgat his works; they waited not for his counsel: But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert. And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul" (Ps. 106:13-15).

"And say thou unto the people, Sanctify yourselves against to morrow, and ye shall eat flesh: for ye have wept in the ears of the LORD, saying, Who shall give us flesh to eat? for it was well with us in Egypt: therefore the LORD will give you flesh, and ye shall eat. Ye shall not eat one day, nor two days, nor five days, neither ten days, nor twenty days; But even a whole month, until it come out at your nostrils, and it be loathsome unto you: because that ye have despised the LORD which is among you, and have wept before him, saying, Why came we forth out of Egypt?" (Num. 11:18-20).

Since it looks like the Israelites were still suffering from the effects of the quail while they were waiting at Kadesh-Barnea for the 12 spies to return, their "leanness" of "soul" from eating the quail might explain why they were so faithless when the spies returned and gave their report.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Aug 12 2007, 02:11 PM

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 12 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #127

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 12 2007, 03:10 PM) *
Possibly, but not necessarily. John Harvey Kellogg was a vegetarian. Perhaps if he had also been temperate in regards to his work schedule and such, he would have been easier to get along with.

"The state of the mind has largely to do with the health of the body, and especially with the health of the digestive organs. As a general thing, the Lord did not provide His people with flesh meat in the desert, because He knew that the use of this diet would create disease and insubordination. In order to modify the disposition, and bring the higher powers of the mind into active exercise, He removed from them the flesh of dead animals" (1BC 1112, 1113).

"We may have to remain here in this world because of insubordination many more years, as did the children of Israel; but for Christ's sake, His people should not add sin to sin by charging God with the consequence of their own wrong course of action" (Ev 696).

"There are eleven days‘ journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadeshbarnea" (Deut. 1:2).

"They soon forgat his works; they waited not for his counsel: But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert. And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul" (Ps. 106:13-15).

"And say thou unto the people, Sanctify yourselves against to morrow, and ye shall eat flesh: for ye have wept in the ears of the LORD, saying, Who shall give us flesh to eat? for it was well with us in Egypt: therefore the LORD will give you flesh, and ye shall eat. Ye shall not eat one day, nor two days, nor five days, neither ten days, nor twenty days; But even a whole month, until it come out at your nostrils, and it be loathsome unto you: because that ye have despised the LORD which is among you, and have wept before him, saying, Why came we forth out of Egypt?" (Num. 11:18-20).

Since it looks like the Israelites were still suffering from the effects of the quail while they were waiting at Kadesh-Barnea for the 12 spies to return, their "leanness" of "soul" from eating the quail might explain why they were so faithless when the spies returned and gave their report.

I have 2 quotes for you... Genesis 18:1-8 & Luke 24:41-43.

Surely, we should all strive to be like Jesus...

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 12 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #128

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 12 2007, 03:10 PM) *

are you serious? being vegan will help you to be closer to God? The quail incident... purely speculative....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 12 2007, 06:31 PM
Post #129

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 12 2007, 05:12 PM) *
I have 2 quotes for you... Genesis 18:1-8 & Luke 24:41-43.

Surely, we should all strive to be like Jesus...

If Americans ate the way Jesus ate, there would be far less heart disease, cancer, diabates, and the like.

The question isn't just whether He ate meat, but what percentage of His diet was meat, and how healthy the animals were that He ate.

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 12 2007, 07:18 PM) *
are you serious? being vegan will help you to be closer to God? The quail incident... purely speculative....

I don't detect any speculation on the part of Ellen White or the authors of Psalms 106 and Numbers.

Anything that helps the mind think more clearly can help us in our relationship with God. And that may have been part of Kellogg's problem: he maybe should have gotten more sleep.

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Aug 12 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #130

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 13 2007, 10:18 AM) *

I guess I have been turned off vegans, because of a three year + period, where EVERY Sabbath School lesson was turned into a LECTURE about becoming a vegan. To be less, was akin to losing out on Heaven. One would never believe that people could turn EVERY Sabbath School lesson, no matter what the original topic, into a LECTURE on veganism and the perils of those who did not share those beliefs. My husband will no longer attend S/S because of that. He was certainly made to feel by SOME people that he would never be saved in the Kingdom because he wasn't even vegetarian, let alone vegan! Sad, but true. sadwalk.gif

One ended up with the impression 'Righteousness by Food', rather than 'Righteousness by Faith'. I have no problem with people who choose that lifestyle. More power to them, but other Christians should never be made to feel that they have no hope of Eternity because they do not subscribe to the same beliefs. no2.gif How many Christians have been turned away, by attitudes similar to those who were (and remain I understand) so offensive?
uhm.gif

Sorry! I guess this is offtopic.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
WillowRun
post Aug 12 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,191

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Aug 12 2007, 07:38 PM) *
I guess I have been turned off vegans, because of a three year + period, where EVERY Sabbath School lesson was turned into a LECTURE about becoming a vegan. To be less, was akin to losing out on Heaven.
<snip>
One ended up with the impression 'Righteousness by Food', rather than 'Righteousness by Faith'. I have no problem with people who choose that lifestyle. More power to them, but other Christians should never be made to feel that they have no hope of Eternity because they do not subscribe to the same beliefs. :
uhm.gif

Thank you Ozzie. You have said it more eloquently then I ever could. I never believed that vegetarian eating was a salvation issue. One of several thoughts that put me at odds with the church....

I guess I am offtopic.gif too. But that is okay...I think.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Aug 12 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #132

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(WillowRun @ Aug 12 2007, 06:24 PM) *
Thank you Ozzie. You have said it more eloquently then I ever could. I never believed that vegetarian eating was a salvation issue. One of several thoughts that put me at odds with the church....

I guess I am offtopic.gif too. But that is okay...I think.

All roads and discussions turn to food...

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Aug 12 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #133

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

I've heard that only 40% of US SDA's are vegetarian and of course a much smaller number are vegans. My guess is that many people support the idea of being vegetarian and will point out the benefits though we are not ourselves. Speaking for myself that is.

Richard

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Aug 12 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #134

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Aug 13 2007, 12:28 PM) *
I've heard that only 40% of US SDA's are vegetarian and of course a much smaller number are vegans. My guess is that many people support the idea of being vegetarian and will point out the benefits though we are not ourselves. Speaking for myself that is.
Richard

As a general rule of thumb I agree that is a healthier lifestyle. There are some people for whom that is not an option though, and they should not be 'put down' at Church because of their particular situation or needs.

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 12 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #135

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Aug 12 2007, 07:57 PM) *
As a general rule of thumb I agree that is a healthier lifestyle. There are some people for whom that is not an option though, and they should not be 'put down' at Church because of their particular situation or needs.

Ozzie,

Like I told lowender in a post up above a little bit, diet should be a personal choice. When a human worships the diet rather than the One who created the food in the first place, that is akin to having other gods before HIM. Bad news. Food is not the road to salvation. He is. Each person, in their own relationship with HIM will most likely address the diet issue with HIM, eventually. He does have some pretty specific input on keeping the "temple" healthy and clean. It makes a lot of sense to me as one who has tested what it is like both ways and with many substances both legal and not. Interestingly enough, many of those substances are plant based, could even be classified as "vegan" but have a definite impact on clarity of mind which is quite essential to spiritual health, IMO.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:22 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church