Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14596&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:15:03 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Merger Off?
Rosyroi
post Aug 7 2007, 08:53 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,536

this was forwarded to me via email. Now both 3ABN and AF have made their statements about the merger. I hope this has not been posted before, if so sorry about that.

Rosyroi

Dear 3ABN Family,

3ABN and Amazing Facts are both committed to fulfilling the gospel commission.

With this commission, 3ABN and Amazing Facts have been diligently and prayerfully studying the possibilities of combining these two ministries.

Both ministries have concluded that remaining separate at this time, better serves their mission of spreading the gospel.

We will continue to seek the Lord’s will and go as He leads, to Tell the World of His Soon Coming.

3ABN continues its supportive relationship with Amazing Facts, and we look forward to working with them in the upcoming revival series Here We Stand which will be aired live on 3ABN and 3ABN Latino September 7-15 from Lansing, Michigan.

We ask your prayers for both 3ABN and Amazing Facts as we continue to seek God’s guidance in these closing moments of Earth’s history. We live in exciting times, and we eagerly look forward to what He has planned for both ministries.

Danny Shelton, President

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 8 2007, 01:43 AM
Post #77

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Hmmm... I thought that there were visions and other things of that nature telling them that they were to merge. "Rebelliousness is as of the sin of witchcraft" according to Samuel. If God told them to merge, as they indicated He had, then they should have merged. Anything else is rebellion against God or an indication that the stories used to illustrate God's desire for a merger were most likely prevarication.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 8 2007, 02:00 AM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 8 2007, 02:43 AM) *
Hmmm... I thought that there were visions and other things of that nature telling them that they were to merge. "Rebelliousness is as of the sin of witchcraft" according to Samuel. If God told them to merge, as they indicated He had, then they should have merged. Anything else is rebellion against God or an indication that the stories used to illustrate God's desire for a merger were most likely prevarication.

Beartrap... How can Danny Shelton's actions or motives be questioned? His anointation as a Prophet is undeniable. He is so far above any of us. The decisions for the future of 3ABN, or for that matter, the entire SDA church, should be left to him...

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 8 2007, 02:07 AM
Post #79

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 8 2007, 01:00 AM) *
Beartrap... How can Danny Shelton's actions or motives be questioned? His anointation as a Prophet is undeniable. He is so far above any of us. The decisions for the future of 3ABN, or for that matter, the entire SDA church, should be left to him...

Ahhh, I apologize profusely for any disregard for the prophetness of anyone. May all prophetish types prophecy in peace without any Joy or Pickles (even if they are Kosher) to dilute and spoil the fun of unfulfilled and disobeyd prophecies (like the ones made earlier this year regarding the merger.)

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Aug 8 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 8 2007, 03:07 AM) *
Ahhh, I apologize profusely for any disregard for the prophetness of anyone. May all prophetish types prophecy in peace without any Joy or Pickles (even if they are Kosher) to dilute and spoil the fun of unfulfilled and disobeyd prophecies (like the ones made earlier this year regarding the merger.)

clap.gif
Please Lord, forgive me for laughing at this shameless situation.

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 8 2007, 07:30 AM
Post #81

Advanced Member

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 8 2007, 03:07 AM) *

Beartrap... The blatant disregard that you are showing for the anointing & prophecies of Danny Shelton & his friends is akin to spiritual adultery...

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 8 2007, 07:56 AM
Post #82

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Denny @ Aug 8 2007, 08:50 AM) *
Deleted

Where I come from, there are penalties for questioning the anointing of a prophet...

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 8 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #83

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

This actually brings up a very serious issue, and I wondered how long it would take. If God told them to do it, they should have done it regardless of structural issues.

But if God didn't tell them to do it, they committed blasphemy on live television. no.gif

Ezekiel 13:7 Have you not seen false visions and uttered lying divinations when you say, "The LORD declares," though I have not spoken?
8 "'Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Because of your false words and lying visions, I am against you, declares the Sovereign LORD.
9 My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and utter lying divinations. They will not belong to the council of my people or be listed in the records of the house of Israel, nor will they enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Sovereign LORD."

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 8 2007, 09:49 AM
Post #84

Advanced Member

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 8 2007, 10:21 AM) *
This actually brings up a very serious issue, and I wondered how long it would take. If God told them to do it, they should have done it regardless of structural issues.

But if God didn't tell them to do it, they committed blasphemy on live television. no.gif

Prophet Danny Shelton may just become the next GC President...

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 8 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #85

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Aug 7 2007, 09:53 PM) *
this was forwarded to me via email. Now both 3ABN and AF have made their statements about the merger. I hope this has not been posted before, if so sorry about that.

Dear 3ABN Family,

3ABN continues its supportive relationship with Amazing Facts, and we look forward to working with them in the upcoming revival series Here We Stand which will be aired live on 3ABN and 3ABN Latino September 7-15 from Lansing, Michigan .

Does the Lansing, Michigan, Department of Health allow sackcloth and ashes?

Daniel 9
3 And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 8 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #86

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

If we were to protest in Lansing, that'd be the way to do ...

More of that context ... Daniel 9 ...

3 So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition, in fasting, and in sackcloth and ashes. 4 I prayed to the LORD my God and confessed: "O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with all who love him and obey his commands, 5 we have sinned and done wrong. We have been wicked and have rebelled; we have turned away from your commands and laws.

It was Daniel writing, one of the few Bible characters of whom we know nothing bad. Yet he chose to express repentance on behalf of and together with his family/nation/people. Are you suggesting corporate solidarity with 3ABN--that we pray this kind of prayer on behalf of this badly-straying part of the Adventist community?

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Aug 8 2007, 01:23 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
erik
post Aug 8 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 8 2007, 08:49 AM) *
Prophet Danny Shelton may just become the next GC President...

Well if that happens then it might be a sign that the sda church is become bablyon

erik

+Quote Post
erik
post Aug 8 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 8 2007, 09:28 AM) *

Daniel 9
3 And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:

I say amen

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Aug 8 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 8 2007, 08:56 AM) *
Where I come from, there are penalties for questioning the anointing of a prophet...

Alright lowender and beartrap.

You two had better knock it off right now or you run the risk of being cut out of any future horse trades...

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Aug 8 2007, 02:00 PM

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Aug 8 2007, 06:07 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 8 2007, 11:28 AM) *

Daniel 9

What if Danny was to use the Doug Batchelor's Here We Stand series in Lansing as an opportunity to re-define himself as a repentant "David" who is now ready to do more great things for God? I seriously doubt that he would try that, and I would hope that Doug would not allow himself to be used like that.
What I do think/hope will happen is that Danny will not be seen on the actual live broadcasts. If he takes part in any way it would really represent a kind of blatant hypocricy similar to or worse than the hype and the selling of his book via the 10 Commandments weekend.
These things are arranged quite a ways in advance. A lot has happened in the meantime. We shall see if Amnazing Facts distances themselves from 3abn.

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Aug 8 2007, 06:08 PM

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:15 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church