Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15137&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:04:57 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New 3abn President, Jim Gilley
Pickle
post Aug 31 2007, 04:59 PM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Aug 31 2007, 05:18 PM) *
I apologize if you think I'm picking a fight. I really am wondering why this is not greeted as a positive development. I am most hopeful that it doesn't boil down to a disagreement on Adventist theology or that we aren't prepared to accept any positive direction from 3ABN.

You'll notice that I haven't said anything negative about the choice of Jim Gilley. My serious concern is in the apparently brazen disregard for Christian principles seen in the choice of words by Walt Thompson.

After more than a year of intense scrutiny, after document after document proving allegation after allegation true, Walt Thompson has the nerve and gall to say that Jim Gilley will "join" Danny? Where is his head at? At what point should his local church hold him accountable for his actions?

As far as Jim Gilley goes, he should very quickly and promptly let it be known that he intends to clean up the corruption at 3ABN, including getting rid of Danny.

And he should promptly resign all church employment if by doing so it will shield the denomination from having to pay for stupid, unneccessary, senseless legal bills.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Aug 31 2007, 05:08 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 31 2007, 05:00 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 31 2007, 06:52 PM) *
However, that is not what I am saying, and you know it.

PD,

No I don't.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 31 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

FHB,

Care to comment on http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=213164 and http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=213168?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 31 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I agree, Nice summary, YB. However, there is no need to run for cover. You have spoken with your usual dose of common sense. smile.gif

I just aksed the question because, I too, am confused. I don't know the man who has been chosen to be the new president. I know they needed to get somebody besides Danny, and that part I am sure is a step int he right direction, how far, remains to be seen, but still it is a step. I guess I am just distrubed at this thing with 3ABN not aligning themselves with the church to which they are so closely affiliated. There could even be a good reason for it. I think I read something where they may have described themselves that way in order not to implicate the church in anyway in the legalities of suing another Adventist. I can even take that as an explanation. However, that explanation is not being given by noneo f Danny's supporters. Instead then are saying that the SDA message is a nondenominational message.

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Aug 31 2007, 03:18 PM) *
OK, I’m hopelessly confused here. When I saw the new thread topic my first thought was that this looked like a major positive development for 3ABN. For some reason I assumed that at Seventh-day Adventist Pastor assuming leadership duties at 3ABN would be viewed as a good thing. After reading the majority of posts weighing in on the news I’m at a loss and obviously missing something crucial. Without addressing Mr. Joy’s statement, what I’m hearing is:

• Why is 3ABN putting an Adventist Pastor in this position when they are non-denominational?
  • When will the new President be making a statement regarding the 3abn ministry's sorrow and culpability for the actions of Tommy Shelton?
  • This idea of J. Gilley won't fly.
  • Appears that Pastor Jim Gilley will fit right in with Danny Shelton/3ABN nice and snug.
  • .. in light of Walt Thompson's sending this rather clear signal that Danny isn't going anywhere, would you say that it might be about time to use the word "apostasy" in regards to Dr. Thompson?
  • This is ACTION! But was it God doing it, or was it Danny? Surely it couldn't have been the "General Conference!" Or was it?
  • If 3ABN continues to refuse to uphold generally accepted Christian and Adventist standards, at what point do the words "apostasy" and "apostate" apply? Your thoughts?
I apologize if you think I’m picking a fight. I really am wondering why this is not greeted as a positive development. I am most hopeful that it doesn’t boil down to a disagreement on Adventist theology or that we aren’t prepared to accept any positive direction from 3ABN.

-bear (ducking and running for cover)

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 31 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #35

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 31 2007, 02:28 PM) *
BT,

This kind of logic wouldn't hold up in any court. Let's apply it to other areas, the Catholic church practices communion - did so long before the existence of the Seventh-day Adventist church . . . so by your logic, communion is a Catholic institution and therefore the Seventh-day Adventist Church in practicing communion is involved in Catholic practices.

The Adventist faith doesn't have a corner on truth. Your continued emphasis on this issue seems to indicate that you feel that truth can only be discovered and disseminated by and through the Seventh-day Adventist Church. If this is the case then what was the purpose of Luther, Wycliffe, Husse, Jerome, and all of the other reformers all the way back to the Waldensies.

Your argument that "If A, then B" is about as solid as the nearest pit of quicksand . . . triumphalism never winged anyone to heaven.

- FHB

You can speculate on the legal value of logic, and spin, flip, and twist it any way you please, but none of that will in any way change the fact that it is a lie. If there were a few small things that were uniquely denominational and the rest was the Gospel of Jesus Christ and salvation through his blood, then your argument would have some merit. However, the large majority of 3ABN's programming is uniquely Seventh-day Adventist doctrines, teachings, and interpretations. Virtually all of the speaking talent on 3ABN are Seventh-day Adventist, and programming that disagrees with SDA doctrine is not allowed. In light of the above, it is disingenuous and deceitful to even imply that it is non denominational. 3ABN and Danny have demonstrated definitively that they are not bound by the truth.

Also, I would like to hear your comments on the statement about 3ABN having no affiliation with any denomination. Can you think of some way to explain that?

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 31 2007, 05:45 PM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 31 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 31 2007, 06:13 PM) *
I think I read something where they may have described themselves that way in order not to implicate the church in anyway in the legalities of suing another Adventist. I can even take that as an explanation. However, that explanation is not being given by noneo f Danny's supporters.

Walt Thompson has said something along those lines, but he also has said that 3ABN is a Seventh-day Adventist ministry, and that it preaches the Adventist message.

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 31 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 31 2007, 07:13 PM) *
I think I read something where they may have described themselves that way in order not to implicate the church in anyway in the legalities of suing another Adventist. I can even take that as an explanation. However, that explanation is not being given by noneo f Danny's supporters. Instead then are saying that the SDA message is a nondenominational message.

PD,

Maybe your admonishment to "read, read, read" needs to be taken to heart . . .

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=211523

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 31 2007, 05:57 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 31 2007, 07:30 PM) *
You can speculate on the legal value of logic, and spin, flip, and twist it any way you please, but none of that will in any way change the fact that it is a lie. If there were a few small things that were uniquely denominational and the rest was the Gospel of Jesus Christ and salvation through his blood, then your argument would have some merit. However, the large majority of 3ABN's programming is uniquely Seventh-day Adventist doctrines, teachings, and interpretations. Virtually all of the speaking talent on 3ABN are Seventh-day Adventist, and programming that disagrees with SDA doctrine is not allowed. In light of the above, it is disingenuous and deceitful to even imply that it is non denominational. 3ABN and Danny have demonstrated definitively that they are not bound by the truth.

Also, I would like to hear your comments on the statement about 3ABN having no affiliation with any denomination. Can you think of some way to explain that?

BT,

So then, the Three Angels Message of Revelation is part and parcel Seventh-day Adventist? It belongs to no one denomination and no one person . . . it belongs to all who will hear and believe. If you argue any other way then you might be disappointed to find individuals of other denominations and maybe even no denomination as your next door neighbors in heaven.

You use the word "uniquely" often. While it may be unique that we began the spread of certain understandings of scripture, it is certainly not the property of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Unique in that the Lord heard the prayers of the churches founders and guided and directed . . . but the message belongs not to the Seventh-day Adventist Church but to a dying and desperate world who needs the life's breath that God's message provides.

- FHB

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 31 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #39

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Then accept my humble apologies. It was your post where I saw the mentioned. I am not above being wrong. You know, it is no excuse, but I have to read ALL the posts her, and sometimes I get a bit confused. Again, my apologies.

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 31 2007, 04:50 PM) *
PD,

Maybe your admonishment to "read, read, read" needs to be taken to heart . . .

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=211523

- FHB

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 31 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

FHB:

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 31 2007, 06:13 PM) *

Could you tell us just what sort of conduct you think should not be tolerated in 3ABN, what sort of conduct that would definitely qualify as backsliding or apostasy? Is there anything at all, other than talking on a phone too much?

Or would you prefer not to comment on these questions?

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 31 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #41

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 31 2007, 03:55 PM) *
Walter Thompson
Chairman, 3ABN Board of Directors
3ABN Announces New President!

On August 30, 2007, the 3ABN board invited Elder Jim Gilley to become the new president of the 3ABN world ministry. Jim joins Danny Shelton, founder and visionary of 3ABN , in a move designed to meet the challenge of rapidly expanding opportunities opening up to the ministry....

Walter Thompson
Chairman, 3ABN Board of Directors

Danny Shelton, Visionary of 3ABN.

Interesting choice of words.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Aug 31 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Because it did not say co-visionary? Or co-founder?

Of course we all know the Linda never existed. A little revisionist thinking at 3abn, kind of like the old USSR.

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 31 2007, 08:46 PM) *
Danny Shelton, Visionary of 3ABN.

Interesting choice of words.

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Aug 31 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

Let's be honest. New president or not, does ANYONE here think that there will be any real, meaningful changes with the same board in place? Remember who hand picked each member?

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
erik
post Aug 31 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

I am going add my two cents,

The wording of the 3abn statement is what we have come to know 3abn for two mouth double speak.

FHB defense of it, is more proof of that, it is almost makes me want to vomit.

As to Jim Gilley I say we judge the man by what he does, I think he could prove to be very Good or very bad.

time will tell, depends how much day to day control Jim is ging to have compared to what Danny has been doing.

Erik

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 31 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 31 2007, 05:20 PM) *
FHB,

In light of Walt Thompson's wording, "Jim joins Danny Shelton, founder and visionary of 3ABN ...," in light of his using this wording even though we have conclusively documented Danny's engaging in private inurement, divorcing without biblical grounds, and trying to convince his ex-wife to report donations of property as cash without appraisals, in light of Walt Thompson's sending this rather clear signal that Danny isn't going anywhere, would you say that it might be about time to use the word "apostasy" in regards to Dr. Thompson?

I am greatly disturbed at Dr. Thompson's apparent brazen disregard for the most basic principles of our faith. And I would appreciate it if someone somewhere could get an answer from him that he by no means intended to say such an outrageous thing.

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 31 2007, 05:33 PM) *
FHB,

BearTrap is correct that 3ABN and Danny told a falsehood in the lawsuit when they claimed that 3ABN wasn't affiliated with any organization, and that they preached a non-denominational message. I've done a lot of witnessing to folks of a lot of persuasions, and "non-denomination" carries a connotation that definitely doesn't apply to 3ABN.

If 3ABN continues to refuse to uphold generally accepted Christian and Adventist standards, at what point do the words "apostasy" and "apostate" apply? Your thoughts?

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 31 2007, 07:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 31 2007, 08:40 PM) *

FHB:
Could you tell us just what sort of conduct you think should not be tolerated in 3ABN, what sort of conduct that would definitely qualify as backsliding or apostasy? Is there anything at all, other than talking on a phone too much?

Or would you prefer not to comment on these questions?

You know perfectly well FHB is a man of his word and he already said his last word to you, and told you why, yet you don't wipe your feet, instead like a dog with a bone you just keep trying to bite and chew.

These aren't Christ's method you are using, Mr Pickle.

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 6 2007, 12:36 AM) *
Mr. Pickle,

I am going to make it clear right now. I will not engage you in any conversation. I will not tell you what I think, what I know, or what I hear. It is clear to me that you are not interested in reasoned discussion or the truth. You are more than welcome to comment on my postings and ask your questions - but, up front I am telling you I will not respond to you other than this posting here. This doesn't mean I don't have answers, thoughts, or understandings, only that I will not share them with you.

- FHB

~ Cindy

Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Aug 31 2007, 07:27 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:04 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church