Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15137&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:05:03 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New 3abn President, Jim Gilley
Fran
post Aug 31 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #61

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 31 2007, 09:47 PM) *
no not necessarily... and to be fair, is that what they really said? is ADRA adventist or does it appear to be something else? I see your premise, but don't think its applicable here....

Definitions of apostasy on the Web:

the state of having rejected your religious beliefs or your political party or a cause (often in favor of opposing beliefs or causes) the act of abandoning a party or cause wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Apostasy (Greek απο, apo, "away, apart", στασις, stasis, "standing") is the formal renunciation of one's religion. In a technical sense as used by sociologists without the sometimes pejorative connotations of the word, the term refers to renunciation and criticizing one's former religion. An old, narrow definition of this term refers to baptized Christians who leave their faith. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy

The term apostasy comes from the Greek from Greek apostasis, which means "revolt". An apostate completely abandons their religious faith and either embraces a different religion or simply rejects religion entirely and become irreligious.
www.calvarychapel.com/redbarn/terms.htm

The act of a religious leaving the monastery without license, or adopting the clothing of a layperson.
www.aedificium.org/Glossary.html

Turning from God or religion. Synonymous with secular humanism.
www.hyperhistory.net/apwh/dictionary/foundations.htm

The public abandoning of your faith for another.
www.godonthe.net/dictionary/a.html

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 31 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #62

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659

Whether Jim Gilley will be of any use to 3ABN is contingent on him taking the job. The announcement says that the board asked him to take the position, but I have seen nothing that says he accepted. After the whole Doug Bachelor fiasco with all of the announcements and live on air introduction, and even the cover of 3ABN World, I am very skeptical that this is for real. But, we will see.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 31 2007, 08:51 PM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 31 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #63

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(PK 170 @ 171)
From Elijah's experience during those days of discouragement and apparent defeat, there are many lessons to be drawn,--lessons invaluable to the servants of God in this age, marked as it is by general departure from right. The apostasy prevailing today is similar to that which in the prophet's day overspread Israel. In the exaltation of the human above the divine, in the praise of popular leaders, in the worship of mammon, and in the placing of the teachings of science above the truths of revelation, multitudes today are following after Baal. Doubt and unbelief are exercising their baleful influence over mind and heart, and many are substituting for the oracles of God the theories of men. It is publicly taught that we have reached a time when human reason should be exalted above the teachings of the Word. The law of God, the divine standard of righteousness, is declared to be of no effect. The enemy of all truth is working with deceptive power to cause men and women to place human institutions where God should be, and to forget that which was ordained for the happiness and salvation of mankind. Yet this apostasy, widespread as it has come to be, is not universal. Not all in the world are lawless and sinful; not all have taken sides with the enemy. God has many thousands who have not bowed the knee to Baal, many who long to understand more fully in regard to Christ and the law, many who are hoping against hope that Jesus will come soon to end the reign of sin and death. And there are many who have been worshiping Baal ignorantly, but with whom the Spirit of God is still striving.--Prophets and Kings, pp. 170, 171.

How much of the above do we see in what is going on? We do see at least some of it.

It has been over a year now since Danny was declared to be above the reach of human correction, and that we were warned of the perils of disagreeing with him. I am unaware of any retraction of those globally broadcasted statements.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 31 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #64

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 31 2007, 09:55 PM) *
How much of the above do we see in what is going on? We do see at least some of it.

It has been over a year now since Danny was declared to be above the reach of human correction, and that we were warned of the perils of disagreeing with him. I am unaware of any retraction of those globally broadcasted statements.

you see what you wish to see..... none of the definitions Fran supplied fit what is happening..... stick to the facts and stop with the drama already.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 31 2007, 09:38 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

Happy Sabbath, y'all!

+Quote Post
Fran
post Aug 31 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #66

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 31 2007, 09:50 PM) *
Whether Jim Gilley will be of any use to 3ABN is contingent on him taking the job. The announcement says that the board asked him to take the position, but I have seen nothing that says he accepted. After the whole Doug Bachelor fiasco with all of the announcements and live on air introduction, and even the cover of 3ABN World, I am very skeptical that this is for real. But, we will see.

He did.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 31 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 31 2007, 08:38 PM) *
Happy Sabbath, y'all!

... and good night! smile.gif

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 31 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #68

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fran @ Aug 31 2007, 08:40 PM) *
He did.

Guess I missed it.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 31 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #69

500 + posts
Group Icon

BTW, FHB, you have answered me on the matter of 3ABN saying its programming is non denominational by telling me that denominational programming is not denominational. Oh well. But, you have not addressed the part about affiliation. FHB? Cindy? Dona? Appletree? Anyone?

+Quote Post
WillowRun
post Aug 31 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #70

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,191

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 31 2007, 08:47 PM) *
The 3ABN board, according to 3ABN protocol and guidelines?

It's a private independant ministry, who do you think should decide other then themselves?

3 ABN is a nonprofit organization. Without donations from donors great and small, there wouldn't be a 3 ABN. 3 ABN has 501C3 non profit status. If an organization loses its non profit status, the donors lose their ability to deduct their donations on their income tax returns.

3 ABN should have an annual report available for donors and potential donors to review. I couldn't find one on the 3abn website so I went to ADRA to look for a Seventh Day Adventist example. Here is the link: http://www.adra.org/site/DocServer/AR_2005.pdf?docID=1481 A financial report gives an honest accounting of what funds were received and how they were spent. Most legitimate organizations, both public and private, do one each year.

If the charitable organization of your choice wants you to give them money, but does not want to provide an accounting of how they spent their donors money, you should find another charity. You should be able to contact the charity and request a copy of their financial report.

I think I will continue to support ADRA. I can count on this Seventh Day Adventist organization to do the right thing with the hard earned money that I and other donors give them.

"Private" ministries are accountable both to their donors and to God.

Respectfully,

Willow

This post has been edited by WillowRun: Aug 31 2007, 10:39 PM

+Quote Post
Servant
post Aug 31 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

Member No.: 889

"It's a righteous disgrace, it's a sin and a shame, all of this garbage in Jesus' name. I know we have to wait for You to burn up the chaff; but what can we do for the sheep, when the wolves are on full time staff?"
(my favorite 'old time' Christian singer)

I hope Jim Gilley is not a wolf though it might appear he has joined a pack.

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 31 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #72

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Servant @ Sep 1 2007, 12:02 AM) *
"It's a righteous disgrace, it's a sin and a shame, all of this garbage in Jesus' name. I know we have to wait for You to burn up the chaff; but what can we do for the sheep, when the wolves are on full time staff?"
(my favorite 'old time' Christian singer)

I hope Jim Gilley is not a wolf though it might appear he has joined a pack.

I am sure there is someone who is willing to share information in regard to Jim Gilley's involvement in the Venden/Burrow situation. Has Gilley been called to 3ABN to do another "white wash" job?

This post has been edited by sister: Aug 31 2007, 11:09 PM

+Quote Post
WillowRun
post Aug 31 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,191

I am adding this link to my earlier post #70. Here is the link for the North American Division's Treasury department. http://www.nadadventist.org/article.php?id...p;search=budget . The NAD has financial reports listed as well as other accounting materials. I am assuming that Amazing Facts, It is Written and other "independant" ministries that are under the "umbrella" of the church use the same procedures.

Ten percent of what I have belongs to God. I need to make sure that I am good steward of that money and that I do my best to make sure that it is used as the Lord intended.

Respectfully,

Willow

This post has been edited by WillowRun: Aug 31 2007, 11:16 PM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 31 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #74

500 + posts
Group Icon

Servant, Wolves or whatever they may be, the one thing that 3ABN and Danny have proven without a shadow of a doubt is that they are lying. Their little games of semantics are not working and they have turned their hand. When the truth is made clear, they try to play word games and say that things denominational are not denominational. They try to say that it is the lawyers who said what was said, and not 3ABN and Danny. Whose names are on that suit as the plaintiffs? The lawyers, or 3ABN and Danny? They try to say that 3ABN and Danny were trying to save the SDA church by lying about their affiliation. Yet, they lied. There is no way around it. So, how much of everything else that 3ABN, Danny, and the clones who try to spin and twist the lies say is more lies? Regarding themselves, Linda, and everything else?

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 31 2007, 11:31 PM

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Sep 1 2007, 06:16 AM
Post #75

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

I think FHB is correct in saying that the truths of Scripture do not belong exclusively to the Adventist Church. Some people in Emergent are rejecting the concept of an eternally-burning hell, and I think I've seen a book on the Sabbath by Eugene Peterson. If people come to a knowledge of the truth, God can do that with, or without, the Seventh-day Adventists. The Bible itself is non-denominational, I think.

That said, can anyone comment on how much of their money 3ABN raises from non-Adventists? Or how many rallies they do in non-Adventist churches? If they're non-denominational, why then for so long were they sending people to find local Adventist churches when the viewers appreciated the messages they were getting on the channel?

Tolerating open sin is one thing, and should disqualify a person from leadership. That's a far cry from renouncing one's professed faith, which is what I understand apostasy to be. But in Adventist circles, that word is an attention-getter.

As for Jim Gilley's appointment, I think we'll have to wait and see. Apparently he doesn't have a good track record in dealing with sin in the camp. Whether he's any help or not will be determined by ... whether he helps or not.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Sep 1 2007, 06:17 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:05 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church