Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15137&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:05:01 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New 3abn President, Jim Gilley
Aletheia
post Aug 31 2007, 07:47 PM
Post #46

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Aug 31 2007, 09:17 PM) *
Let's be honest. New president or not, does ANYONE here think that there will be any real, meaningful changes with the same board in place? Remember who hand picked each member?

The 3ABN board, according to 3ABN protocol and guidelines?

It's a private independant ministry, who do you think should decide other then themselves?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Aug 31 2007, 07:51 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 31 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 31 2007, 06:23 PM) *
FHB:
Could you tell us just what sort of conduct you think should not be tolerated in 3ABN, what sort of conduct that would definitely qualify as backsliding or apostasy? Is there anything at all, other than talking on a phone too much?

Or would you prefer not to comment on these questions?
You know perfectly well FHB is a man of his word and he already said his last word to you, and told you why, yet you don't wipe your feet, instead like a dog with a bone you just keep trying to bite and chew.

These aren't Christ's method you are using, Mr Pickle.
~ Cindy

Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Hmmm ... the quote that Cindy pulled from Aug. 6 by fhb sounds just like Cindy herself ...

Is this another case of screen name mitosis? And if not, why do they sound so much alike?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 31 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #48

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

FHB,

Feel free to ignore the above words of Aletheia and take a stand for truth, righteousness, and principle.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 31 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #49

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 31 2007, 09:49 PM) *
Hmmm ... the quote that Cindy pulled from Aug. 6 by fhb sounds just like Cindy herself ...

Is this another case of screen name mitosis? And if not, why do they sound so much alike?

In your post above you have Pickle's words attributed to me.... Please fix that.

I am certainly not FHB, you people and your constant accusations and false assumptions are just plain silly...

Maybe we sound alike to you because we follow the same counsel, and Lord?

Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Aug 31 2007, 08:13 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Aug 31 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 31 2007, 09:01 PM) *
Maybe we sound alike to you because we follow the same counsel, and Lord?

Ummm...... Nah, too easy.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 31 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #51

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

Jim Gilley together with Danny Shelton? Not much of a surprise, if you think about it. Especially if you watched Jim Gilley on a televised 3ABN Rally from a Dallas SDA church where he is the senior pastor, publically defending Danny’s actions and comparing Dan to certain Biblical personages, during a Sabbath morning "sermon".

In my opinion this move on the part of the 3ABN Board is the equivalent of preforming open heart surgery on a dying patient with a rusty nail: an inadequate tool, used in an impossible situation, with a predictable outcome. Why? To quote the 3ABN statement issued by Walt Thompson: “Jim joins Danny Shelton, founder and visionary of 3ABN...” It is still the same old routine, only the flunky has changed. Danny continues on, business as usual, he just has a different wooden dummy on his knee as he manipulates the situation from behind the scenes. Oh, and what is this visionary hype, is that the new 3ABN speak for prophet? The last time I looked I didn't see any halo hovering over Danny's head. Well, if this one goes the same route as Doug and Amazing Facts do you think Danny will ask the Pope to join him next? Would that make 3ABN a nondenominational entity? On second thought, I do not think that Danny would be happy sharing his mantle of infallibility with the Vatican. There is really room for only one "visionary" on the 3ABN compound and that position is already filled by Danny Shelton.

3ABN nondenominational? What a joke, considering the following:

• 3ABN it is a member of ASI and receives donations from the organization. To obtain membership in ASI an organization must be supporting of the Seventh-day Adventist church
• 3ABN has a SDA church on it’s compound and pays half the salary for the privilege of Danny choosing and employing the pastor
• 3ABN holds all of it’s rallies in SDA facilities
• Danny has stated on air that 3ABN is a supporting ministry of the SDA church many times in the last six months
• The sitting president of the Illinois Conference of SDA is automatically a member of the 3ABN board

I could continue on and on, FB, but I believe any reasonable thinking person would come to the same conclusion. Walt Thompson has stated as a fact, to SDA donors, that 3ABN supports the SDA church. It seems that Dan and Walt need to get their stories straight: either 3ABN is a supporting ministry of the SDA church or it is a nondenominational entity, it can not be both at the same time, they are mutually exclusive.

I agree with BearTrap. In all honesty, you can not claim to be a SDA supporting ministry to your loyal Adventist donors and claim to be a nondenominational entity in a court of law. In less your intent is to deceive someone. Now, would Danny do something like that? In my experience with Danny, he doesn’t appear to have any problem using deception when it suits his purposes. As a Christian I have a problem with any ministry where deception is practiced to further it’s cause. In a case such as this, the end does not justify the means. Is Dan using Satan’s tactics to “build up the kingdom of Heaven”? Sorry, Dan, that flag just doesn’t fly.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 31 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 31 2007, 09:09 PM) *
I agree with BearTrap. In all honesty, you can not claim to be a SDA supporting ministry to your loyal Adventist donors and claim to be a nondenominational entity in a court of law. In less your intent is to deceive someone. Now, would Danny do something like that? In my experience with Danny, he doesn't appear to have any problem using deception when it suits his purposes.

Okay, I've asked it regarding Walt. Now I'll ask it regarding Danny: At what point does the word "apostasy" or the word "apostate" apply? How bad does it have to get before one or both of those terms fit?

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 31 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 31 2007, 07:18 PM) *
Okay, I've asked it regarding Walt. Now I'll ask it regarding Danny: At what point does the word "apostasy" or the word "apostate" apply? How bad does it have to get before one or both of those terms fit?

Are you suggesting, Pickle, that both Dr. Thompson and Danny Shelton have apostasized?

+Quote Post
panther
post Aug 31 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #54

Member No.: 4,141

No one from 3ABN is in apostasy. Elder Jim Gilley is affiliated with the SDA Church. He is a General Conference worker. I'm surprised no one has tried to tear down his reputation, but then I'm sure it will happen before the week-end is done.

Sister and others are all grasping at straws-- laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 31 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #55

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 31 2007, 09:24 PM) *
Are you suggesting, Pickle, that both Dr. Thompson and Danny Shelton have apostasized?

who cares.... the important question all of us need to ask is where do we stand.... too busy looking at Danny, last I checked Danny did not die for anyone... he is not anyone's savior... so ummm refocus... I mean seriously.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 31 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 31 2007, 07:28 PM) *
who cares.... the important question all of us need to ask is where do we stand.... too busy looking at Danny, last I checked Danny did not die for anyone... he is not anyone's savior... so ummm refocus... I mean seriously.....

Thanks for trying to direct people's belief systems, Clay.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 31 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #57

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 31 2007, 09:38 PM) *
Thanks for trying to direct people's belief systems, Clay.

no problem.... especially since you are attempting to shape the reality of those who read here... both sides slinging propaganda.... it is quite interesting....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
post Aug 31 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #58

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 31 2007, 09:18 PM) *

I am back to 2000 and 2001. I just haven't found the exact date as yet, but it is back there somewhere for sure.

Whenever a person is baptised into the Seventh-day Adventist Church and suddenly says I am non-denominational and have nothing to do with the Seventh-day Adventist church would surely be the point where this person is no longer a Seventh-day Adventist. At this point, that is apostasy, I would think. Surely this applies to 3ABN also, doesn't it?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 31 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #59

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(panther @ Aug 31 2007, 09:26 PM) *
No one from 3ABN is in apostasy.

At what point, panther, does condoning sin and corruption become apostasy?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 31 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #60

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fran @ Aug 31 2007, 09:44 PM) *
I am back to 2000 and 2001. I just haven't found the exact date as yet, but it is back there somewhere for sure.

Whenever a person is baptised into the Seventh-day Adventist Church and suddenly says I am non-denominational and have nothing to do with the Seventh-day Adventist church would surely be the point where this person is no longer a Seventh-day Adventist. At this point, that is apostasy, I would think. Surely this applies to 3ABN also, doesn't it?

no not necessarily... and to be fair, is that what they really said? is ADRA adventist or does it appear to be something else? I see your premise, but don't think its applicable here....

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:05 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church