Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=165 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:47:57 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
Observer
post Oct 1 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #166

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Oct 1 2007, 12:07 PM) *
I know it's been a while since you pondered an english grammar text... but this was a *question*... not a *comment*. If the answer is 'no' then all you had to say is "no"... and seeing that you have taken it upon yourself to represent 3ABN here, if any is perpetuating a false image, it is you... when you claim they are so Christian and then step to people as you have in this thread. If your witness exemplifies the Christianity manifest there, then you have obviously missed the fact that you, collectively, are poor and wretched and blind and naked... even as you insist and persist in saying that you are rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing.

In His service,
Mr. J

Give it up. One who does not recognize the difference between a question and a statement cannot be expected to understand any post.

For a review of basic English grammer see:

Interrogative sentence

and

Declarative sentence

NOTE: I well understand that there are additional types of sentences.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lowender
post Oct 1 2007, 11:47 PM
Post #167

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 1 2007, 12:36 PM) *
It is untrue, useless comments like this that make you guilty of perpetuating a false image of 3abn.

WHOA!!! Appletree... You seem like you are about to burst!

Have we crossed?

Does this mean that you & I are no longer friends?

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Oct 2 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #168

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

... never mind. Thought better of what I was trying to say.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Oct 2 2007, 09:22 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Oct 2 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #169

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(lowender @ Oct 2 2007, 12:47 AM) *
WHOA!!! Appletree... You seem like you are about to burst!

Have we crossed?

Does this mean that you & I are no longer friends?

About to burst? Hardly. Frustrated and tired of innuendo? Absolutely. Just for Mr. J's record, I am aware it was a question. A question that plants seeds about image. Also the very heart of the questions leads one to think that maybe the practice had been put into effect before. It hasn't. End result, It is a misleading question, that paints a false image in the mind of the reader.

Now honestly, I am not explaining this to you....you knew exactly what you were doing when you did it. I am making it clear for those that are a little slow on the uptake....like Mr. J., though it is difficult to learn anything for those who think they know it all.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Oct 2 2007, 10:53 AM
Post #170

Advanced Member

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 2 2007, 10:57 AM) *
About to burst? Hardly. Frustrated and tired of innuendo? Absolutely. Just for Mr. J's record, I am aware it was a question. A question that plants seeds about image. Also the very heart of the questions leads one to think that maybe the practice had been put into effect before. It hasn't. End result, It is a misleading question, that paints a false image in the mind of the reader.

Now honestly, I am not explaining this to you....you knew exactly what you were doing when you did it. I am making it clear for those that are a little slow on the uptake....like Mr. J., though it is difficult to learn anything for those who think they know it all.

Appletree...

You know that 3ABN has had a presence at the Old King Coal Festival for a while now... Just wondered about this year?

But you mention "image" and "false image"... If you are doing God's work & this is His ministry, then why should 3ABN care about images?

+Quote Post
lowender
post Oct 2 2007, 10:55 AM
Post #171

Advanced Member

By the way Appletree...

I do hope we can remain friends...

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Oct 2 2007, 11:01 AM
Post #172

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 2 2007, 11:57 AM) *

If I'm slow on the uptake, you must be the kid riding the short bus every day licking the windows... with the IQ just below that of lichen...

FWIW I was giving you the benefit of the doubt in thinking you were not aware of the distinction between a statement and a question, choosing to lay to ignorance your action rather than malice...however, given that you make it plain that such a distinction is not lost on you, then you wilfully, and with malice aforethought, chose to bear false witness against your neighbor...

Should we take that as further evidence of how Christian you 3ABN folk are?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
daylily
post Oct 2 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #173

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

ooh...harsh sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ian
post Oct 2 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #174

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Oct 2 2007, 11:01 AM) *
If I'm slow on the uptake, you must be the kid riding the short bus every day licking the windows... with the IQ just below that of lichen...

FWIW I was giving you the benefit of the doubt in thinking you were not aware of the distinction between a statement and a question, choosing to lay to ignorance your action rather than malice...however, given that you make it plain that such a distinction is not lost on you, then you wilfully, and with malice aforethought, chose to bear false witness against your neighbor...

Should we take that as further evidence of how Christian you 3ABN folk are?

In His service,
Mr. J

PB, Soul Expresso?

Anything you feel needs to be said here?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 2 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #175

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

More like "touche'". Appletree started that one with his comment about those who are slow on the "uptake" and mentioning MrJ by name. MrJ responded in kind. However, that is enough of that from everyone. Everyone BOT.

Appletree, I beleive the ball is in your court. Lowender was asking if 3ABN was, once again, participating in the local festivites. Which, BTW, is also far adrift fromt he original topics, as threads often do.

Proceed.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 2 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #176

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Only if you think something should also be said to Appletree for calling MrJ and others "slow" to begin with. If ya'll can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. I almost knew this was coming. You all cannot make statements like that to people and expect anything else in return.

THIS IS the last we are going to say about this. Now, BOT!

See post #175.

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 2 2007, 10:39 AM) *
PB, Soul Expresso?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 2 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #177

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(lowender @ Oct 1 2007, 01:45 AM) *
Appletree...

Can we expect to see an exciting 3ABN float at the Old King Coal Festival in Thompsonville this fall?

Will 3ABN have a booth there?

With all the excitement this caused, and it being put in the thread having to do with Jim Gilley taking over as President.... I'm now curious as to both the history and the present. In all the history we've been told, I don't recall ever hearing anything about the Old King Coal Festival or about 3abn's participation. Could we have a historical account please? Bear, Sister, and/or any other "resident historians"?

And Lowender, was your mind simply wandering when you got to this point, or IS there a connection between the thread title and your question?

And Appletree... what is there about the question that upset you so much? Is there some reason you can't simply answer it... and if there is a change in 3abn's participation in the festival this year tell us what has caused that change?

+Quote Post
calvin
post Oct 2 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #178

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Enough said, NOW GET BACK ON TOPIC. No more references to folks being slow and one’s use of grammar.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 2 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #179

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 2 2007, 10:39 AM) *
PB, Soul Expresso?

Indeed! Ian, will you please contact your sources at 3abn and ask them if what Bob Pickle is claiming to have been told is true - that the new 3abn President is not going to be dealing with stuff from the past?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Oct 3 2007, 07:01 AM
Post #180

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 2 2007, 11:39 AM) *
PB, Soul Expresso?

Any length of time on this board would tell a person that personally insulting awesum is a recipe for a red-hot reply. I don't agree with what he writes in such a matter but I think he already knows that.

The admins were right to call both sides on this, but if flaming posts were so offensive to you, you should have been calling appletree on it all this time. When you're pointing at a person, you have three fingers pointing back at yourself.

Edited for clarity.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Oct 3 2007, 07:09 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church