Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=195 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:48:01 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
Ian
post Oct 3 2007, 09:58 AM
Post #196

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Delford @ Oct 3 2007, 09:41 AM) *
It doesn't matter if 3ABN has good security or not. Frankly in the world we live in today, I wouldn't blame them if they did. But big deal. Who cares.

As far as the suit from 3ABN--if 3ABN wins, many on this forum won't believe it anyway even if the Lord were to appear to them Himself to tell them. Reminds me of a Bible story about the owner who kept sending his servants only to have them killed one by one, so he sent His Son.....and they killed him too. What does this prove? Killers will keep killing. They have no respect for anyone.

Sadly, I have to agree with you. "Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him." There are many here who accept anything negative, or any accusations or allegations or even insinuations against 3ABN, without questions, or demanding any proof, and some of these same people have before even hearing the court's verdict, already posted here that they have no confidence in the legal system, so they can continue to justify their stance.

This post has been edited by Ian: Oct 3 2007, 10:06 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 3 2007, 09:59 AM
Post #197

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

No, it doesn't make sense, Ian. Part of security of a company is that the security is, itself, secure. Putting on the public tour isn't consistent with that. Now if you are claiming to be close enough to someone at 3ABN to be privy to their most secure security operations, then that is in direct conflict wiht your question in Post #182 in answer to PB's request:

What sources at 3ABN? Why would you think I have sources at 3ABN?

You would need considerable contacts to be privy to this type of "tour". So which is it? Are you Adventist Joe Blow on the 3ABN tour, or are you a close, special guest getting a tour of all the new upgrades? This also has bearing on information you share hee, to refute other poster's info. You are either winging it on your own, or you have have contacts at 3ABN. On the White House Tour, you get to tour the Oval Office, and you get to see the secret service agents rinning around, and some monitors. However, there is an entire world of security that you don't see. Just think CIA and FBI.

......and you have it quite wrong. I dont' remember saying that I don't know anyone personally at 3ABN just Linda and Danny. You don't know who I know becuase I have only said who I don't know. You are quite correct in that before th mess, I never had watched 3ABN, and I dont' watch regularly now. I believe ministries have a certain focus, demographic, based on the leaders own life and testimony. Which is why they are so varied, and a good thing, I believe. 3ABN does not cater to "evangelize" my demographic on so many levels.

Delford, That was the jist of my original post. 3ABN is only using security measures that most companies utitlize today, especially after 9/11. My point was that this was common and common knowledge. No big deal. Ian, doesn't seem to have knowledge of this common knowledge. Hence the subsequent posts, informing him.

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 3 2007, 07:42 AM) *
How do you know I wouldn't see anything like that? How would you know what I saw and where I went on the tour I went on? I assure you I saw every single room, in the main building and even the sound studio etc. including the room with monitors from the security cameras, Danny's office covered in a wall of family pictures, mostly grandchildren, and the largest office which was formerly Linda's..

You speak here as if you know for a fact what you are saying.. How is that possible? Have you ever been to 3ABN, been on a tour there, or personally talked to any employed there?

Forgive me, and correct me if I am mistaken but I thought you previously posted somewhere that you hadn't, and don't know anyone personally , and don't or or didn't even watch 3ABN.

We should at least be able to agree that where you work and 3ABN are two different and unrelated places and organizations, and what one does is unrelated to the other.

Why do you think HOTY continues work at 3ABN and give his slanted reports if all that you say is going on? Does that make sense to you?

It doesn't to me.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Ian
post Oct 3 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #198

Advanced Member

Well at least we can agree on this, if all that has been claimed or asked about in regards to security at 3ABN is in place, it makes no sense that HOTY hasn't been discovered and fired.

I told the forum I saw everything, that is true, accept it or not. I at least have been on a tour... Have you even been on a public tour?

yes_____ No ____

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your previous posts, so you didn't say you didn't know others besides Danny and linda? Ok, does that mean you personally know people at 3ABN or have met them?

yes_______ No________

who? For of course "if you are claiming to be close enough to someone at 3ABN to be privy to their most secure security operations" that would be a horse of a different color also. I am sure as you raised this issue with me, and made it a criteria, you will see the need to answer it yourself in regards to what you have posted. "Are you Adventist Joe Blow on the 3ABN tour, or are you a close, special guest getting a tour of all the new upgrades? This also has bearing on information you share hee, to refute other poster's info. You are either winging it on your own, or you have have contacts at 3ABN."

Which is it Princessdi?

I think it tiresome to have endless rebuttals from those who actually know no one and nothing personally, and wouldn't recognize anyone involved "if they walked up and slapped them" on the street. I'm sure you feel the same, and will understand what I am saying based on my quotes.

edit- words

This post has been edited by princessdi: Oct 3 2007, 03:40 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 3 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #199

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Ian,
First, I somehow got the impression from your posts that you had contacts at 3abn and could approach them for the information that I had requested. I am sorry that I assumed you to be in that position.

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 3 2007, 07:57 AM) *
I don't know what else to tell you. You apparently think that Jim Gilley allowing the lawsuit against Pickle, Joy, et al to proceed, so that a unbiased and impartial 3rd party can resolve it all while he focusses on, and heads the ministry and tries to do the Lord's work; reflects a dismissal of issues, and is not responding to Pickle and Joy and the legion of accusers, and accusations.

Hardly. It appears that you are jumping to conclusions as to the motivation behind my initial request. I also think you are reading way too much into my request for verification or rebuttal.

All I can say is I personally think the accusations are being dealt with where it counts, and in the only way left to 3ABN when other attempts failed. I do think it a shame that it had to get to this point.

I'm sorry I couldn't satisfy your needs, or answer your questions the way you wanted. May I suggest that you e-mail Jim Gilley personally and directly and ask him to answer your questions? He is obviously the most suited to answer them, and the best qualified to verify or rebut anyone or anything related to what Mr. Pickle posted.

As I mentioned above, I thought you had connections at 3abn that you could get the straight scoop from. I would love to email Jim Gilley personally but don't have his address, and I totally agree that he would be the best qualified to provide that answer.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Ian
post Oct 3 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #200

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Oct 3 2007, 10:28 AM) *
Ian,
First, I somehow got the impression from your posts that you had contacts at 3abn and could approach them for the information that I had requested. I am sorry that I assumed you to be in that position.

QUOTED Ian
I don't know what else to tell you. You apparently think that Jim Gilley allowing the lawsuit against Pickle, Joy, et al to proceed, so that a unbiased and impartial 3rd party can resolve it all while he focusses on, and heads the ministry and tries to do the Lord's work; reflects a dismissal of issues, and is not responding to Pickle and Joy and the legion of accusers, and accusations.

Hardly. It appears that you are jumping to conclusions as to the motivation behind my initial request. I also think you are reading way too much into my request for verification or rebuttal.

As I mentioned above, I thought you had connections at 3abn that you could get the straight scoop from. I would love to email Jim Gilley personally but don't have his address, and I totally agree that he would be the best qualified to provide that answer.

It's ok. It's difficult to not make assumptions, as you can see I made some myself based on you posting the following. (I thought you were one of the ones you were talking about who thought this.)

Bob Pickle's claim that Jim Gilley told him he would not be dealing with past issues. Since many of us here on the 3abn Forum of BlackSDA.com have taken the position of giving Jim Gilley the benefit of the doubt in how he is going to proceed as the new president of 3abn, this claim is a bit of a bombshell in that it has the appearance of dismissing the real concerns held by many Some here are not as trusting as others that this law suit will definitively settle issues, because legal finagling has already been evident and some expect the winner may be the craftiest finagler, as is often the case in the judicial system..

Do you have contact with Bob Pickle? If not, you can PM him here via BSDA I am sure.

As he was already in contact with Mr Gilley, I am quite sure he could tell you how to contact him, so you can ask your questions and possibly get the straight scoop you desire as you say you would love to do.

I look forward to hearing the answers.

edit-sp.

This post has been edited by Ian: Oct 3 2007, 11:19 AM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Oct 3 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #201

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 3 2007, 09:42 AM) *
How do you know I wouldn't see anything like that? How would you know what I saw and where I went on the tour I went on? I assure you I saw every single room, in the main building and even the sound studio etc. including the room with monitors from the security cameras, Danny's office covered in a wall of family pictures, mostly grandchildren, and the largest office which was formerly Linda's..
You speak here as if you know for a fact what you are saying.. How is that possible? Have you ever been to 3ABN, been on a tour there, or personally talked to any employed there?

Regarding: "the largest office which was formerly Linda's..."

I recall that the main attraction in Linda's office was a tall, green, plastic tree she kept in the corner for awhile. In my opinion, her office was just mediocre and boringly rectangular in size, but large enough so that the programmers could sit down on chairs. (Linda was the programming director.) And if Linda wanted photocopies of something , she walked down the hallway to the copy machine like everybody else.

Linda's office was purely functional, but not more than that.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Oct 3 2007, 11:05 AM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Oct 3 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #202

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 3 2007, 11:22 AM) *
I told the forum I saw everything, that is true, accept it or not. I at least have been on a tour... Have you even been on a public tour?

yes_____ No ______

Ian, you missed Di's point. Di is simply saying that security is never part of a tour or disclosed to outsiders. It doesn't matter whether Di personally feels she "knows people" at 3ABN.

For instance, I have toured the East Wing of the White House. Security is not included as part of the tour. You'll never see it or know about it. Security is handled by the "Secret" Service. It's secret. Understand?

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Oct 3 2007, 11:30 AM

+Quote Post
Ian
post Oct 3 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #203

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Oct 3 2007, 11:05 AM) *
Regarding: "the largest office which was formerly Linda's..."

I recall that the main attraction in Linda's office was a tall, green, plastic tree she kept in the corner for awhile. In my opinion, her office was just mediocre and boringly rectangular in size, but large enough so that the programmers could sit down on chairs. (Linda was the programming director.) And if Linda wanted photocopies of something , she walked down the hallway to the copy machine like everybody else.

Linda's office was purely functional, but not more than that.

Doing damage control here, and in your last post?

It really isn't that big of a deal, but I am thinking you must have forgotten??

There is no plastic tree, but that office is definately the largest office in the building, even though all are pretty basic and designed to be functional and not ostentatious.

That office is the one she requested as I remember. It had a skylight I believe, which she requested put in as she said she needed it to help her think. The only one in the building. On my recent tour, I noted the fact that it had been removed.

Sound familiar now?

This post has been edited by Ian: Oct 3 2007, 11:59 AM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Oct 3 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #204

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 3 2007, 12:29 PM) *
You must have forgotten??

It is the largest office in the building and had a skylight I believe, which she requested to help her think. The only one in the building.

Sound familiar now?

Skylights save electricity. So, over time, skylights pay dividends in lower electric bills. They have skylights at my public library in the reading area. They don't attract any oohs and ahhs.

So, you believe that a skylight was installed that "she requested to help her think" but you have no connections to 3ABN? Therefore, is that information part of an Official Linda Shelton Skylight Tour?

Next, if you tell us Linda had more than one electrical outlet in her office what are we to believe that means? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ian
post Oct 3 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #205

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Oct 3 2007, 12:03 PM) *
Skylights save electricity. So, over time, skylights pay dividends in lower electric bills. They have skylights at my public library in the reading area. They don't attract any oohs and ahhs.

So, you believe that a skylight was installed that "she requested to help her think" but you have no connections to 3ABN? Therefore, is that information part of an Official Linda Shelton Skylight Tour?

Next, if you tell us Linda had more than one electrical outlet in her office what are we to believe that means? biggrin.gif

All I can say is...I know what I know, and you still sound to me like you are trying to do damage control, but as I already stated that I thought that this was really no big deal, and still feel that way despite your arguments... who really cares?

Enough, ok?

This post has been edited by Ian: Oct 3 2007, 12:29 PM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Oct 3 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #206

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 3 2007, 01:17 PM) *
All I can say is...I know what I know, and you still sound to me like you are trying to do damage control, but as I already stated that I thought that this was really no big deal, and still feel that way despite your arguments... who really cares?

Enough, ok?

Because people might read your comment about "the largest office" and think there is something to that, and I know from my personal observation that there's no substance there.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Oct 3 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #207

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Oct 3 2007, 12:37 PM) *
Because people might read your comment about "the largest office" and think there is something to that, and I know from my personal observation that there's no substance there.

You are still arguing? This is just plain silly.

Someone might think there is something to the fact that she requested and had the largest office?

(if they didn't think that before, don't you think they will after you keep arguing about a offhand comment and making such a big deal of it?)

ok, Are you actually claiming anyone's office was bigger then hers?

Who's?

Spill it.

This is so easily proven by anyone who has ever taken a tour or does take a tour and sees the offices there.

What I don't really understand is why are you even continuing to argue about this?

What was, is fact, and easily substantiated.

If you will pursue this issue in this manner, what other issues related to Linda Shelton, and 3ABN will you not do the same with???

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that you have lost all credibility with me right here.

This post has been edited by Ian: Oct 3 2007, 01:03 PM

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Oct 3 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #208

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

The only offices at the compound that really matter are the ones that were being used for not-for-profit purposes, the Lord's work, and they both measured the same--14' x 18'.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Oct 3 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #209

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 3 2007, 10:58 AM) *
...and some of these same people have before even hearing the court's verdict, already posted here that they have no confidence in the legal system, so they can continue to justify their stance.

And some of "these same people" posting here can't accept the court's verdict either, namely 3abn, re their disagreement with Judge Rowe's ruling on the Il. tax case. Nope, no confidence in the judical system whatsoever.

Or is this the double-mind again?

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Oct 3 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #210

Advanced Member

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Oct 3 2007, 01:13 PM) *
And some of "these same people" posting here can't accept the court's verdict either, namely 3abn, re their disagreement with Judge Rowe's ruling on the Il. tax case. Nope, no confidence in the judical system whatsoever.

Or is this the double-mind again?

More attempts at damage control?

No. It isn't double minded.

You do know, that this has been appealed to the court. and is still being ruled on, and is only concerned with the local, county/state property tax?

You do know what is decided as owed to Caesar, or not owed. will be payed, or not, as the court decides, according to the laws of the land,after following all laws and legal recourses?

This post has been edited by Ian: Oct 3 2007, 01:52 PM

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church