Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=225 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:48:05 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
Dona
post Oct 3 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #226

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,296

"Dona, I get really fustrated when I hear some things because I dont think after all this time that people get where the problem is. The lord Jesus told the Jews that they traveled land and sea to spread the gospel and make the people they met 10 fold worse than themselves. Dona, please hear my message, the preaching of the ten commandments is not the center piece of Christ "God is Love" is the center piece of the gospel. The Jews considered themselves blessed of God and not even Jesus himself could tell them different. With one fatal swoop 3Abn diluted the undiluted message by showing a total lack of genuin love for one of there own, they implyed that Gods grace is not enough. Often people have attributed Gods blessing someone or something when in fact He is not. There is only one true way that we can tell that someone or something is blessed and that is by love and love alone."

Mystery-man,

The message that you have conveyed here is that 3ABN preaches the 10 commandments as the center piece of Christ instead of "God is love." Also that they diluted the undiluted message by showing a total lack of genuine love for one of their own thus implying that Gods grace is not enough. Do I have that right?

I am a regular viewer of 3ABN and my comments are in regard to that. What has really been conveyed to us is that there is no way that you have seen and heard 3ABN on a regular basis or you would know that God's Love is the center of everything taught. Also that the teaching of the 10 commandments is just one part of many things taught about God's love and truth on many subjects in the Bible. Also that every loving avenue was given to the one whom you believe to be treated unlovingly and it was the choice of that one, each and every time, to not receive it.

There is only one way we can tell that someone or something is blessed and that is by their or it's fruits. 3ABN' fruits have been abundant.

Dona
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dona
post Oct 3 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #227

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Oct 3 2007, 04:14 PM) *
This can happen to anyone. ANYONE! It is important for ALL of us to remember that.

That's true, I agree.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Oct 3 2007, 04:47 PM
Post #228

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Dona)
Also that every loving avenue was given to the one whom you believe to be treated unlovingly and it was the choice of that one, each and every time, to not receive it.

How does one expect to save the world when one can't save their own family?

Don't underestimate people; the world knows when something is terribly wrong at home.

CEO: "and folks, make it sound as though we're real close, we need only a little more to finish the job. Don't tell them we are actually moving backwards...that for every person we reach seven more become available for conversion. That should work real nicely towards bringing in more income and towards your own salaries and retirement."

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Oct 3 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #229

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Oct 3 2007, 04:47 PM) *
How does one expect to save the world when one can't save their own family?

Don't underestimate people; the world knows when something is terribly wrong at home.

CEO: "and folks, make it sound as though we're real close, we need only a little more to finish the job. Don't tell them we are actually moving backwards...that for every person we reach seven more become available for conversion. That should work real nicely towards bringing in more income and towards your own salaries and retirement."

This kind of thiing is very tiresome, and old, do you mind answering some questions?

Who are you claiming can't save their family and what family are you referring to? What CEO said the words in quotes, and what is the source of your quote?

This post has been edited by Ian: Oct 3 2007, 05:20 PM

+Quote Post
Ian
post Oct 3 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #230

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Oct 3 2007, 04:07 PM) *
Ian, chill... and, since you are supposed to be a generally new member giggle.gif... try taking your own advise, read the following thread on respect for the admin staff...:
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=187973

Now, we may move on yes.gif

I'm terribly sorry. I feel really bad now. Of course I respect the staff, I just didn't realize you were part of the administration, until you interceded here, and chastised me for my reply to you. and made it clear you were in charge. I just thought you were being witchy and critical.... my bad. oops.gif I'll try not to do that again.

I'm glad we can move on now. Thank you for that. notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by Ian: Oct 3 2007, 05:22 PM

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Oct 3 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #231

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian)
This kind of thiing is very tiresome, and old, do you mind answering some questions?

What CEO said the words in quotes, and what is the source of your quote?

Actually, lets start at home first. Your "tiresome" and "old" comments are getting even older. As for answering questions let's start over on that one too...if you get my drift...
QUOTE(Ian)
I don't understand what you claim 3ABN was doing wrong.

Have you found that quote yet where I made a "claim?" Or has that witch hunt ended?

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Oct 3 2007, 05:34 PM
Post #232

Advanced Member

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Oct 3 2007, 05:24 PM) *
Actually, lets start at home first. Your "tiresome" and "old" comments are getting even older. As for answering questions let's start over on that one too...if you get my drift...

And Laurence, no. I've read the public records,as maybe you yourself have, but I don't understand what you claim 3ABN was doing wrong. Why don't you wait till all the facts are in before you claim you know all and sit in judgment of others?

Have you found that quote yet where I made a "claim?" Or has that witch hunt ended?

I always had the quote that led me to that conclusion. It is below.

Why did you ask me the following, if you weren't claiming (by implication) that 3ABN did anything wrong?

I really don't like games.

Laurence to Ian:
Let me ask you and see if you're able to offer any kind of answer to this specific question:

Do you understand what 3abn was doing wrong in the 3ABN v. THE DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS ?

Do you understand? YES______ NO_______

I really do want to understand. Are you really claiming you don't think 3ABN did anything wrong?
YES______ NO_______ or don't you know?

In any case, why did you ask me that question if you weren't claiming 3ABN was at fault in some way, what did you think I would, or should understand? What was your point?

I really can't apologise for my conclusion, (although I am sorry we seem to have a misunderstanding) because what you posted sounds as if you have already judged them guilty in this instance,and are asking me if I understand what they did wrong.

Perhaps you should just word your posts better?.
We could probably all benefit by doing that.

This post has been edited by Ian: Oct 3 2007, 06:11 PM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Oct 3 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #233

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 3 2007, 07:34 PM) *

Why did you ask me the following, if you weren't claiming (by implication) that 3ABN did anything wrong?

I really do want to understand. Are you really claiming you don't think 3ABN did anything wrong?

In any case, why did you ask me that question if you weren't claiming 3ABN was at fault in some way, what did you think I would, or should understand? What was your point?

I really can't apologise for my conclusion, (although I am sorry we seem to have a misunderstanding) because what you posted sounds as if you have already judged them guilty in this instance,and are asking me if I understand what they did wrong.

Perhaps you should just word your posts better?.
We could probably all benefit by doing that.

Funny how the tone of your posts is becoming more and more "cindy-esque"... lemme guess... you and she and Dona are doing a remake of Three's Company... only less funny...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Oct 3 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #234

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian)

Games? Let's not create a scenario that doesn't exist, please, for the sake of civility, and in the absence of your understanding the "reasonable person" policy. As expected, you're able to say I made a claim but unable to support it.

I never judged them guilty, Judge Rowe did that.

What is inferred by me saying "what 3abn did wrong" is based on Judge Rowes ruling of the case. 3abn lost that battle and is now appealing it. Are you familiar with the term Rommendation for Disposition? Do you understand what that means? The final settlement of a matter with reference to a decision announced by a court, ie, a judge's ruling, is commonly referred to as disposition regardless of the level of resolution. If you've read the recommendation, and disagree with it, you must be able to say what specifically (not generally) it was you disagreed with...what it was that convinced Judge Rowe that 3abn was in the wrong. She based her decision on several previously decided cases...all unchallenged...and for good cause.

Maybe I can put it in simpler terms...do you understand what it was 3abn was doing wrong that convinced the judge 3abn was wrong?

--------------------

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Oct 3 2007, 06:36 PM
Post #235

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

Just to set the record straight (and not taking away from the explanation of how to circumvent the security that is in place) never once did I send, receive or post messages during work hours. But thanks for looking into it for me.

BTW emplyees were given a memo stating that there was audio/video surveillance in the building if I remember correctly. So either it is or it isn't there. If it is, then there's a whole lot to review because many of the key words that I hear about are used on a regular basis. If it isn't, someone lied.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 3 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #236

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

HOTY!!! hug.gif

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Oct 3 2007, 05:36 PM) *
Just to set the record straight (and not taking away from the explanation of how to circumvent the security that is in place) never once did I send, receive or post messages during work hours. But thanks for looking into it for me.
BTW emplyees were given a memo stating that there was audio/video surveillance in the building if I remember correctly. So either it is or it isn't there. If it is, then there's a whole lot to review because many of the key words that I hear about are used on a regular basis. If it isn't, someone lied.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Oct 3 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #237

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(princessdi @ Oct 3 2007, 07:38 PM) *
HOTY!!! hug.gif

Hey PD, good to see you too. Have fun trying to keep this crowd in order. You know I'd never do anything disruptive. roflmao.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Ian
Post #238

Advanced Member

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Oct 3 2007, 06:26 PM) *
Games? Let's not create a scenario that doesn't exist, please, for the sake of civility, and in the absence of your understanding the "reasonable person" policy. As expected, you're able to say I made a claim but unable to support it.

I never judged them guilty, Judge Rowe did that.

What is inferred by me saying "what 3abn did wrong" is based on Judge Rowes ruling of the case. 3abn lost that battle and is now appealing it. Are you familiar with the term Rommendation for Disposition? Do you understand what that means? The final settlement of a matter with reference to a decision announced by a court, ie, a judge's ruling, is commonly referred to as disposition regardless of the level of resolution. If you've read the recommendation, and disagree with it, you must be able to say what specifically (not generally) it was you disagreed with...what it was that convinced Judge Rowe that 3abn was in the wrong. She based her decision on several previously decided cases...all unchallenged...and for good cause.

Maybe I can put it in simpler terms...do you understand what it was 3abn was doing wrong that convinced the judge 3abn was wrong?

I believe you are playing games, ok? Game over.

You appear to be ignoring what I asked, and pretending it's all about the judge saying 3ABN was wrong, not you.

Whatever floats your boat Laurence, but the truth is...

You can't even quote the Judge saying 3ABN was wrong, or quote him finding them guilty as you claim above.

The reason you can't? The tax case isn't about right or wrong, or guilty or innocent.

It just concerns whether 3ABN is enttiled to a religious exaemption or not, locally.

See you later.

This post has been edited by Ian: Oct 3 2007, 06:54 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
Post #239

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(princessdi @ Oct 3 2007, 05:38 PM) *
HOTY!!! hug.gif

hug.gif Great to have you here again, HOTY!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 3 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #240

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Oct 3 2007, 08:48 PM) *
hug.gif Great to have you here again, HOTY!

Yes, yes, yes! It is SO great to see you again!..... hug.gif....

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church