Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=240 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:48:07 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
Ian
post Oct 3 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #241

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Oct 3 2007, 06:36 PM) *
emplyees were given a memo stating that there was audio/video surveillance in the building if I remember correctly. So either it is or it isn't there. If it is, then there's a whole lot to review because many of the key words that I hear about are used on a regular basis. If it isn't, someone lied.

That seems to be different then what Lowender was asking about,,, Did you get "keywords" on a memo too?

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 25 2007, 03:02 AM) *
Is there any truth to 3ABN employees having their computers, phones, copy machines tapped? I've understood that their is a system that is set up within which certain words trigger an internal surveillance system. Apparently, the employees are aware of this & it keeps them from discussing certain matters which are sensitive to the 3ABN leadership.

Can any of you shed light on this?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 3 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #242

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Dona @ Oct 3 2007, 03:29 PM) *
"Dona, I get really fustrated when I hear some things because I dont think after all this time that people get where the problem is. The lord Jesus told the Jews that they traveled land and sea to spread the gospel and make the people they met 10 fold worse than themselves. Dona, please hear my message, the preaching of the ten commandments is not the center piece of Christ "God is Love" is the center piece of the gospel. The Jews considered themselves blessed of God and not even Jesus himself could tell them different. With one fatal swoop 3Abn diluted the undiluted message by showing a total lack of genuin love for one of there own, they implyed that Gods grace is not enough. Often people have attributed Gods blessing someone or something when in fact He is not. There is only one true way that we can tell that someone or something is blessed and that is by love and love alone."

Mystery-man,

The message that you have conveyed here is that 3ABN preaches the 10 commandments as the center piece of Christ instead of "God is love." Also that they diluted the undiluted message by showing a total lack of genuine love for one of their own thus implying that Gods grace is not enough. Do I have that right?

I am a regular viewer of 3ABN and my comments are in regard to that. What has really been conveyed to us is that there is no way that you have seen and heard 3ABN on a regular basis or you would know that God's Love is the center of everything taught. Also that the teaching of the 10 commandments is just one part of many things taught about God's love and truth on many subjects in the Bible. Also that every loving avenue was given to the one whom you believe to be treated unlovingly and it was the choice of that one, each and every time, to not receive it.

There is only one way we can tell that someone or something is blessed and that is by their or it's fruits. 3ABN' fruits have been abundant.

Dona

Dona, do you have some scriptural proof for this claim? It just isn't settling well with me. You sure it's the only way?

I know we are given the wise counsel of "by their fruits ye shall know them", but even that doesn't support your statement. Could you also expand on what it means to be blessed?

PeacefulBe

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Oct 3 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #243

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Ian)
You appear to be ignoring what I asked, and pretending it's all about the judge saying 3ABN was wrong, not you.

You can't even quote the Judge saying 3ABN was wrong, or quote him finding them guilty as you claim above.

The reason you can't? The tax case isn't about right or wrong, or guilty or innocent.

It just concerns whether 3ABN is enttiled to a religious exaemption or not, locally.

Every trial involving an applicant and an intervenor is based on one being right, the other wrong. It was concluded by Judge Barbara Rowe (a she, not a he) that 3abn was wrong.

What was the question?
The hearing in this matter was held to determine whether Franklin County Parcel Index
No. 174-116-11 qualified for exemption during the 2000 and/or 2001 assessment years.

And what was 3abn doing that was wrong?
The religious property tax exemption also mandates that the property not be “leased or
otherwise used with a view to profit.” 35 ILCS 200/15-4020 Applicant’s property is most
definitely used with a view to profit.

3abn, a not-for-profit corporation, had been misusing its not-for-profit status. The Dept. of Rev. and intervenrer claimed the tax exempt status was being misused...that it was actually functioning with a view to profit, except for what the judge determined was two small offices, both 14' x 18'. Mabey you should reread the document and see for yourself.

Call it whatever you want, the case clearly showed 3abn was in the wrong. It wasn't about discovering whether 3abn's property should be tax exempt---that was a given with regards to their status with the state when their application for exemption was approved. What it was about was whether they had been honoring the requirements of their status that the state had given them. It was determined that they were NOT performing an operation within the guidelines for the property they were claiming exemption for. That acreage they'd been claiming as exempt from taxtion was narrowed severely by the Judge becsaue 3abn had been using it with a view to profit...which is not allowed under their given status.

You've got to step up to the plate in an objective way to understand this. Many of us have shown the patience of the saints with you, now you must heed the call. The cows are wanting to come home now. :wink:

EDIT NOTE: to insert one more quote from the document.

This post has been edited by LaurenceD: Oct 3 2007, 07:56 PM

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 3 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #244

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 3 2007, 04:07 PM) *
I'm terribly sorry. I feel really bad now. Of course I respect the staff, I just didn't realize you were part of the administration, until you interceded here, and chastised me for my reply to you. and made it clear you were in charge. I just thought you were being witchy and critical.... my bad. oops.gif I'll try not to do that again.

I'm glad we can move on now. Thank you for that. notworthy.gif

Passing crucial advice to a member who is "new" and may not be fully informed about treading on dangerous ground is not restricted to admins or owners only. Seraphim7 was pointing you to an important guideline that might help prevent you from being banned as so many of your comrads in arms have been.

IMO, your post has gone over and above what is acceptable towards a fellow member and I hope you can see and understand just how you have accomplished that and make it right ASAP.

I am not an admin and this is just a suggestion from a fellow BSDA member....

PeacefulBe

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Fran
post Oct 3 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #245

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Oct 3 2007, 07:48 PM) *
hug.gif Great to have you here again, HOTY!

Hoty!

You are a so welcome back! I have missed you! My vision has finally improved!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Fran
post Oct 3 2007, 08:16 PM
Post #246

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

What happened? I responded to a post on page 16 and here it is on page 7. I believe I am going crazy!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Clay
post Oct 3 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #247

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

this thread has gotten off track a few times, and some mild flaming too... let's do a time out shall we....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Clay
post Oct 6 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #248

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

thread reopened. let's stay focused people....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 6 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #249

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Clay @ Oct 6 2007, 11:14 AM) *
thread reopened. let's stay focused people....

Thanks, Clay.... I've been wanting to ask about that Corvette.... and how that related to the thread subject. Like... who's driving it? And what did they have to do to get it? And where did it come from? Stuff like that. Anybody know?

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Oct 6 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #250

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 6 2007, 03:01 PM) *
Thanks, Clay.... I've been wanting to ask about that Corvette.... and how that related to the thread subject. Like... who's driving it? And what did they have to do to get it? And where did it come from? Stuff like that. Anybody know?

I am confused.....what Corvette and where was that posted?

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 6 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #251

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 6 2007, 05:01 PM) *

QUOTE(runner4him @ Oct 6 2007, 06:18 PM) *
I am confused.....what Corvette and where was that posted?

Me too... that's why I asked.

Post #132 in this thread.... here it is below.

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 28 2007, 02:35 AM) *
Sometimes something as simple as a black corvette can be motivation for certain actions and statements... even it they are false.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Oct 6 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #252

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

[quote name='princessdi' date='Oct 3 2007, 04:42 PM' post='218134']

None of your buisness? I do not claim inside knowledge of the workings of 3ABN or the content and demise of the Shelton's marriage. You do, therefore it is you, not me who needs to build credibility. Who I know or don't know is inconsequential to any discussion here. So my questions to you are still vlaid and unanswered. I don't claim to have the knowledge you do to refute any claim or allegation made here, you do. If you are "Adventist Joe Blow", you don't really know what is going on at 3ABN and you get the public tour. If you are close personal friend, special guest of __________ going on a private tour, then you might also actually know the inner workings at 3ABN and truly have some facts as far as the Shelton's marriage is concerned.

What? You have no inside knowledge of the content and demise of the Shelton's marriage???????? Yet, repeatedly, you have called Danny an adulterer. You have made posts that he had another woman waiting in the wings. You have said Danny "got rid" of Linda for that purpose. You have made these accusations many times as statements.

So, now, you are admitting you have no inside knowledge of this situation, no firsthand knowledge of content of the marriage problems and no knowledge to refute claims or allegations here.

How on earth can you justify the accusations and statements that you have made here spiritually and morally? No, wait. Don't tell it to me...tell it to God.
Sad thing is this. You are among many here who are doing the exact same thing with no inside knowledge of anything. Try to justify it any way you want...but it won't work. There is no justification.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Oct 6 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #253

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 6 2007, 07:41 PM) *
Me too... that's why I asked.

Post #132 in this thread.... here it is below.

I too wish I knew what Darryl was trying to imply with the corvette seed because I know what corvette he is talking about and it has nothing to do with his implications.
Here it is:
Danny's wife had always wanted a corvette. Danny traded in his dodge truck and purchased one for her. End of story. They were discussing it when Danny was in the hospital. Maybe they were coming to the conclusion that life is too short...and so on...who knows. Personally, I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me, but there are millions of people that love them, so who am I to question the choice.

Why Darryl would try to imply something sinister or amiss with this is just another example of Darryl's tactics. They are becoming very similar to Pickle and Joy's.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 6 2007, 10:41 PM
Post #254

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

I have also said repeatedly that my statements come from the book of Princess, Chapter, "Walk Like a Duck". Which mean I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

I can justify it because the one thing I do know is that Danny came here and lied. No, we will start at the very beginning, he lied to get the divorce by accusing Linda of spiritual adultery. Once again, this can only be committed against God. Danny is not God, or even a god. Now we get tot he die he told directly to this membership. He said how much time they were spending together, etc. When all the while he was busy "acquiring" a quickie divorce in Guam. Not to mention Brandy showing up, just a few months after Linda's departure, no job, pot nor window, and two kids in tow. She soon lucks upon a job, a house, and "personal" Bible studies from Danny himself, and Voila!!! before the ink is dry( the very next day) after the judge ruled in his favor on Linda's appeal to the Guam divorce, Danny is marrying Brandy on the set of 3ABN, in an even quicker marriage ceremony. For all the claims, Linda is yet and still not married............All I know is the marriage failed for whatever reason, but it is Danny not Linda who had the backup waiting in the wings. I don't have to know all the gory details of the demise, just lookiing at the facts as they are..

But even all that is not the most telling thing about this situation. The fact that with each and every post, Linda has to look worse in order for Danny to look good, says a whole lot. If Danny was right and a real, christian man, he could admit the demise of his marriage, and still give Linda proper credit for her work as co founder of 3ABN. She would not have to be the worse wife, and second rate pragram director(or whatever the postition). If he was right about things, he really could acknowledge all the good she had done their at 3ABN and not devalue her work to that of a secretary. To this day, and to my knowledge, Linda has yet to say a word let alone anything against Danny, only to proclaim her innocence from the accustaions of adultery, imagined, real, or spiritual. So as you see once, again, I don't need to know any inside information. All these are facts that no one can despute, and they speak volumes of Danny's honestty and integrity as a man and more importantly a chrisitan.

However, the fact also still remains, that you do claim to have inside info, and post as such. However, when PB asked you about asking someone at 3ABN about Bob's statment, you acted as if you didn't know anyone. Now, either you do or your don't. Please dont' try to turn this around to me, again. This is about you and your inconsistent claims, it goes to your credibility here.

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 6 2007, 08:56 PM) *
What? You have no inside knowledge of the content and demise of the Shelton's marriage???????? Yet, repeatedly, you have called Danny an adulterer. You have made posts that he had another woman waiting in the wings. You have said Danny "got rid" of Linda for that purpose. You have made these accusations many times as statements.

So, now, you are admitting you have no inside knowledge of this situation, no firsthand knowledge of content of the marriage problems and no knowledge to refute claims or allegations here.

How on earth can you justify the accusations and statements that you have made here spiritually and morally? No, wait. Don't tell it to me...tell it to God.
Sad thing is this. You are among many here who are doing the exact same thing with no inside knowledge of anything. Try to justify it any way you want...but it won't work. There is no justification.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sister
post Oct 6 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #255

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 6 2007, 10:56 PM) *

PrincessDi may have not personal knowledge, but I have inside knowledge about Danny Shelton's marriages. Is Danny Shelton an adulterer? If an adulterer is a married man who has sex with women other than his wife, while he is married, then the answer is yes. Danny Shelton is an adulterer. By Biblical standards if a man divorces his wife for any reason other than physical adultery and marries another woman, is an adulterer. Danny Shelton is quilty on both accounts: by the standards of society and the testimony of the word of God. Appletree, ask Danny about the affair he had with a girl during her senoir year of high school and the car he bought for her, this took place during his marriage to Linda Shelton. I know who she is, but out of pity for the shame Danny brought upon her I will not mention her name publically. Perhaps whe will testify in a court of law? It is her choice...or is blood thicker than water?

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church